[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sad.jpg (47 KB, 750x691)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
previous: >>23316351
>>
ugh
>>
Niels Henning's surname being Pederson will never not give me joy
>>
I have an aesthetically Roman coc̶k.
>>
>>23318103
My professor recognized my autism for history and wants me to go to a big school. AMA
>>
>>23318103
hey, dumbass, there is already a thread.
>>
You ever have this thought?
> if I was going to achieve X, I’d have been well on my way a long time ago
>>
>>23318342
Well if that moron had linked the thread then this problem wouldn't have happened
>>
i saved a blood orange from dying of mould today, AMA
>>
>>23318404
Fuck off only I get to write an ama
>>
>>23318527
it was super juicy with all its plump vesicles bursting out of the segments at the seams
>>
I don't know where her titties begin and where they end.
>>
>>23318386
no. I have the opposite problem instead
>since I am going to achieve Z, then I don't need X
for example, I want to leave my country. in my rational mind since I am leaving in 6 months time there is no point in looking for a girlfriend. I would need to force myself to see a girl knowing I am going to leave her soon
>>
I don't care for romance novels and they're not the type of books that I want to write, but I feel like I could write a really good one if I tried, should I do it and throw it at publishers to see if anything sticks?
>>
>>23318695
Yes
>>
>>23318698
I should specify that I think I could write a really good teen romance novel. Would it even be worth trying to give that to publishers if I did write it considering I'm a white guy? I feel like they would look down upon that. I also don't know how much physical shit I could write without crossing a line or seeming like a pedo. I shouldn't be worrying myself with that sort of stuff right now though, I haven't even started writing it yet.
>>
>>23318711
Write the fucking book
>>
File: lilo reading to scar.png (1.1 MB, 3047x2387)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
Do you guys read out loud to animals?
>>
>>23318103
these threads are gay and no one on 4chan who honestly considers themselves to be a writer is actually skilled or writing anything worthwhile.
if you browse this board for the purposes of anything beyond hobby or casual interest in history/philosophy/literature then you're a retarded psued
>>
This scene makes me crack up laughing, holy shit I think it's so funny. I hope it can bring some laughter and happiness to your days too.

https://youtu.be/Ude4ecCLPek?si=POTZCnWnSpZAEhYJ
>>
>>23318713
Yes, chef.
>>
I'm your hoochie coochie man.
>>
>>23318718
No? In fact I often "talk" to my cats in my head. It's for me, not for them; they don't understand English obvs.
>>
>>23318747
For real?
>>
>>23318103
i feel like for the longest i was just being racist, sexist and anti-Semitic to signal to people I was in the outsider tribe or for attention. Then when I dug into and learned about Christianity everything stopped being an attention larp and all my views became coherent.
>>
>>23318894
Yeah I went through a pretty similar process
>>
my dick is dead
and I have killed it
my dick is dead
'cause I abused it
my dick is dead
I'm gonna lose it
my dick is dead
'cause I can't use it
>>
I respect Elon Musk as the greatest conman in human history.
>>
If a girl lies about being on birth control and you finish inside and she gets pregnant and has the kid, are you able to get off the hook for child support?
>>
Scrape the smegma out from under your foreskin.
>Yummy.
Slather it onto your tongue.
>Yucky.
>>
My whole personality and actions are centered around being opposite to parents and denying their happiness through me being happy.
>>
>>23319047
To your parents, or parents in general, or whose?
>>
>>23318911
uh oh was somebody short today? sorry cuck
>>
>>23319054
To my parents (to my mom and by projection to all women).
>>
>>23318911
what about alexander the great
>>
Why do people, mostly girls, dress in shameful ways to attract attention to the fact that they want to be regarded as different?

I don't get it.
>>
>>23318912
Yes, just ghost her.
>>
>>23318911
He's not a conman. He's just an example of how 21st century capitalism works. It doesn't matter who does the work, the guy with the capital and the financial connections gets all the rewards.
>>
>>23318894
Funny because to be being Christian has nothing to do with being racist, sexist or a Jew/Muslim hater.
>>
>>23319323
Pretty much every single one of the revered historical figures where massive grade A+ evil asshole human shitbags.

It's so funny how we don't take that into account when we read about their histories. Oh that Alexander? He did some imperialism, massacred lots of people and genocided some villages, oh and he murdered his dad too.
>>
I am as progressive as they come, except for one thing.
There has never been any argument that could convince me that sexual liberalism was a good thing.
>>
>>23319878
that one is won by action not argument
>>
>>23319895
How so?
I regret every single sexual encounter that I ever had.
>>
>>23319919
no regrets
>>
>>23319878
No you don't get it dude. You have to spend your 20s fucking random sluts.
Then when it is your turn, one of those sluts will become "trad" and settle down for you and won't you be so lucky, that your future children will come out of that used up body!
And all the baggage and trauma? We call that "experience".
We are so enlightened dude. Imagine being like one of those Amish types that have to marry a virgin and be a virgin themselves until marriage.
>>
>>23319930
Probably because you're one of those lower class types who knows no better.
>he only beats me once a weak, I'm so lucky to have him
>>
>>23319949
if you slept with more girls maybe you wouldn't lash out
>>
>>23319953
Confirmed.
Your value system holds no merit outside of your social bubble.
>>
>>23319961
what's my star sign
>>
>>23319953
>le cool sexhaving lower caps man
Just stop it bro. Just stop it. I see through you fags like glass
>>
>>23319975
everyone calm down
>>
>>23319658
I agree. All the hatred was confusion that turned, in the end, to actively willing against God and purposefully transgressing out of spite. Once people transcend the normie reddit 'morality' (domestication) and don't have religious guidance they easily fall prey to becoming workers of iniquity. Most people don't even know their own beliefs. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a dude who was using leftist concepts the whole night and when I asked him to reveal his eschatology, he hesitated and then said it was essentially Brave New World. So the 'revolution' is actually top-down scientifically imposed stratification? Very telling.
>>
>>23318103
mrewo mrepwe meow moewr meow
>>
>>23320439
:3
>>
>>23320439
Meowdy everynyan!
>>
>>23320450
meow mwoemwr mew emowe
>>
>>23320459
cheep! prrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>23320463
mrmrmrrrr meeeoooowwwwwwmewemw
>>
Asking for extra ice was the smartest thing I did all day
>>
The soul (as an abstract, non physical concept) cannot exist.

For the "soul" to influence the mind, there must be an interaction between the ethereal and the physical. That physical interaction is electromagnetic, and travels down the nerves, where it moves our muscles.

For the "soul" to be influenced by our experience, it must be influenced by the same electromagnetic forces as stated above.

This means the soul is physical.

As we haven't detected it for the 200 years were looking for it, we can assume the soul doesn't exist.

Thanks for reading my TED talk
>>
>>23320770
Are you saying the mind is also not real?
>>
>>23320800
No, I'm just saying that the barrier between the mind and what we call consciousness is a physical phenomenon.

If something can interact with the world, and be influenced by it, then the laws of physics applies.

Either the soul doesn't exist, or it is a physical thing (that we have yet to find).

However, the mind is the only thing we know to exist. Cogito ergo sum, or something like that.
>>
>>23320828
I don't see why mind is getting a pass here where soul isn't. It seems like an arbitrary difference, where you decided the electrical signals must be mind, when they could equally be soul, or equally, and perhaps more logically, just electrical phenomena.
>>
>>23320834
I don't think we are disagreeing on premise, just semantics.

I consider the mind to be the conscious experience, via electrical impulse, but purely within this physical world.

The soul has connotations of being "outside" of this physical reality. I am simply pointing out that it is impossible to be outside of this physical world, and still have influence over it.
>>
>>23320853
No we fundamentally disagree you can use a tautology to prove a point. You're just repeating that your belief about what either is is right, when there's a massive leap between electrical impulses and proof of mind.
>>
>>23320859
Ok, I don't think I employed a tautology. My point was
1. If a system both gains information and receives information from a system outside itself, it cannot be considered independent from that system
2. If something is within a system that you are operating within, it should be measurable.

Can you elaborate on why you think this is incorrect? If I have made a lapse in judgement, I'd appreciate hearing your input, and knowing why I am wrong.
>>
I think every single person on earth has the potential to enjoy dominating, bullying and absolutely destroying someone. Even the nicest person would absolutely love to absolutely crush someone, if they got the chance and they deemed the person bad enough to deserve it. Some time ago, I read this quote by Aldous Huxley, which is not directly about this, but it reminds me of this thought:

“The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats.”

I don't know much about philosophy, I have no real backing behind this. Just a feeling I get. It feels like I am correct , when I see how cruel people can get on the internet and when I read about how many soldiers raped and tortured civilians just because they could. Of course, I am not the exception. I can imagine enjoying bullying someone. But maybe I will grow out of this thought, who knows.
>>
>>23320883
You do know we also exchange electrons with objects, as they do, so from your first point there is no reason to believe that a human body is electrically distinct from the air or clothing or anything else around it. This doesn't make your point stronger, it dissolves objects into their electrical interactions which blur all barriers between the fundamental atomic structure of the universe. It's a logical premise which precludes there being divisions like individuals at all, let alone dividing them into parts like mind.
>>
>>23320888
This is amoralism, its a justified point. Its essentially an idea that derives from a lack of objective morality, and that should force you to create a subjective morality that you understand to be truthful regardless of what your preconceived experiences tell you.

>I don't know much about philosophy, I have no real backing behind this. Just a feeling I get. It feels like I am correct
Empathy SHOULD be your driving force against this.
The idea that, if subjected to suffering, it feels like aids. If I subject another to this, it will feel like aids.
>>
>>23320895
I completely agree. The concept of a "you" or a "me" is built upon the concept of a separation between the molecules of air that surround us, and the molecules of our skin, and fundamentally, that distinction doesn't exist.

However, I don't think that your point challenges the point I put forth. All I said, is that if something interacts with the world, in any way, it is subject to the laws of physics.

All I am really saying, is consciousness is a biological phenomenon.
>>
>>23320927
None of this says why you're able to label anything mind rather than soul. In fact, you're now proposing a system where those are both as good as tomato.
>>
>>23318386
I try to combat this by remembering that Colonel Sanders was sixty-something when he started KFC, but it never works.
>>
>>23320937
The only distinction I drew between mind and soul was that of definition. Mind is physical, soul is ethereal. Its the later I am contesting.

>good as tomato
Explain?
>>
>>23320950
No, you're making the same arbitrary distinction again and still seem to think you deciding mind was physical was proven by repeating the phrase mind is physical.
>>
>>23320960
You saying that I repeat the premise doesn't actually disprove the premise.

Regardless of the label you assign to it, the mind/soul/spirit must be physical, because the points specified above.

If you disagree, i'd like to know why.
>>
>>23320960
Stop arguing with him, you couldn't be more clear and he still doesn't understand. He is by definition stupid.
>>
>>23320973
>the mind/soul/spirit must be physical, because the points specified above.
You disagree with this here>>23320950
>Mind is physical, soul is ethereal. Its
>>
>>23320888
Is that a Huxley quote?
>>
>>23320978
At this point, I think your trolling.

All I am saying, is nothing can exist without being physical. If it is not physical, it is not measurable, and thus, does not matter.

The fuck are you contesting here?
>>
>>23321013
Why are you claiming the soul is ethereal? You claim it's physical too. How does that happen?
>>
>>23321023
My whole premise was that it could not be etherial. It was simply my definition that denoted "soul" to be etherial, and "mind" to be physical. Sorry if the big words confused you.
>>
>>23321032
Is there some proof you have the mind is physical and exists which doesn't prove the soul is physical and exists? Thus far the proof you have offered seems to work for both being physical and existent, though both proofs rely on assuming electrical impulses to be more than just that.
>>
>>23321042
>Thus far the proof you have offered seems to work for both being physical and existent
Thats exactly my point

There is nothing that exists that isn't physical
>>
>>23321050
So you mean both mind and soul exist?
>>
>>23318386
I turn 25 in a month or so and I have basically zero achievements or plans on how to fix my fucked up life in the future. It is so fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>23321052
If you would actually like to debate about what exists, and what does not, it would be helpful if you provided an explicit description of both.

In my description, that I have outlined (in the above posts), the soul does not exist.

The mind does.
>>
>>23321070
But you just said the proof working for both of them being physical was "exactly [your] point". How was it not your point for the soul?
>>
>>23321068
>It is so fucking embarrassing.
Nah bro, its not.
All you do, is set goals, and knock them down.
If you don't knock them down, you need to understand why you didn't, and what you can do better next time.

If you don't knock those same goals down next time you have a chance, you're to blame.
You can do it brother
>>
>>23321077
>working
You have to be trolling.

If not, you're stupid
>>
>>23321087
How does it not work?
>>
>>23321082
>If you don't knock those same goals down next time you have a chance, you're to blame.
that's where I am currently actually. Basically was given from the age of 19 all the way to about last year to make something of myself and failed miserably several times, now I am homeless and am only able to post this because my wagecuck job wifi allows it lol.
>>
>>23321095
EXISTANCE IS PHYSICAL
>>
>>23321108
Goals need to be achievable, build yourself up, brick and mortar. Its not a race to the top, the one with the most sturdy foundation will last.

Most people, when building their lives, don't really know what they are building upon. Its societal or parental ideals, that may be shakey at best.

Take time to understand who you really are, and build a better foundation than 99% of the cunts out there.
>>
>>23321115
And physical measurements like electric impulses can be used to prove the soul or mind is physical with the same logical leap. It's why it's not a very good proof of one to the exclusion of the other, because both make the assumption that is the physical sign of a purported soul/mind, and assumptions prove nothing.
>>
>>23321131
You're a dumbass, I'm going to bed
>>
>>23321131
Gestalt psychology, Bergson, and James all debunked psychophysics in the late 19th century and even the students of its own greatest adherents abandoned it.
>>
>>23321164
That's more of a Kuhnian turn than any real proof of anything to be fair.
>>
>>23321177
Those don't happen on a dime, read his essay on the emergence of a theory of conservation of energy in The Essential Tension, that's actually how he sees a paradigm shift

Psychophysics ceased to be compelling to anyone in the 1880s/1890s
>>
>>23321228
There's a massive paradigm shift driven by Charcot's students after 1893, as neurology and psychology start divorce proceedings, and it's so quick a turn that Charcot being alive was what stopped it coming. It's one of the few instances in history where shit famously does turn on a dime.
>>
If I don't start building my life right now, I'll loose my only chance. But first, I have to take down whatever I have been building so far and start from scratch, which most people will interpret as me throwing away what I have.
I must NOT let this stop me from doing what must be done.
>>
>>23321050
>There is nothing that exists that isn't physical
Why do physical things continue to exist?
>>
Can you pseudo intellectual midwits stop it with this asylum level talk?
>>
>one chance at life
>born an introvert
>in Latin America, no less
Hilarious
>>
>>23321356
mreow?
>>
Is there a version of Crime and Punishment where the characters are referred to by one name? I'm not Russian and its very difficult to follow what is going on when a character is referred by 7 different names based on Russian cultural affection and relation to who is in the room. Polina, Polya, Polenka, Polechka PICK ONE
>>
Foxes and hounds

A story about a group of men, a gardener, a electrician, a plumber, and house painter, use the occupqtion to spy on neighborhoods and target young children to kidnap, sexually abuse, and murder kids, this goes on for years and they gain infamy and a singular killer and are thus never caught

Eventually This bring together another group of men who share a relation with a victim, a father and son, a brother, and a grandfather (an ex cop, profesional boxer, a professional thief, and war veteran respectivey) who decide to use theyre own different expertise to track down and kill this child killer group when the law proves to be inept and fails them
>>
>>23318323
where are you starting? a community college?
>>
Got fucking sick of life halfway through the day and decided to get drunk and fuck around a bit. I'm drinking alcohol right now and having fun, which is nice, but as a result I'll have to reschedule some of my daily study, and since it's already late I'll have to go to sleep a few hours later than usual. What this actually means is that I'll be watching anime with Chinese subs, reading newspapers, and lurking the H-game board of some random Taiwanese forum all the while piss drunk. It probably won't help me learn, but it'll be fun.
>>
>>23322179
It'll be fun for a day but if you a habit out of it you'll destroy your life
>>
>>23322211
I don't even have the money to make a habit out of it. Alcohol's real expensive in my 4th world hyper shithole.
>>
>>23322218
>4th world hyper shithole.
Taiwan?
>>
>>23322248
I fucking wish. I'm just learning the language, I'm not Taiwanese or Chinese or anything.
>>
I'm going to take a Hardware course. Can't say I want to work with that, but at least I'm gonna acquire the knowledge to build my own PC (I hope). Besides that, I'll make my parents proud of me.
>>
>>23322222
>>
>tfw I'm too much of a contrarian that I looped around becoming happy and positive, because I saw so many whining and negativity on the internet in the recent years

I don't know how I did it, but I just did.

It's like the exact opposite of that Southpark episode where everything turn into shit.

There's no more thought of government bad, corporation bad, or human nature bad, war bad, poverty bad, disease bad, death bad.

Everything is somehow fine or even beautiful.

Hope my current mindset won't change till my decease.
>>
How the FUCK do you meet girls looking for serious long term relationships?
I know literally no one (who isn't already married) who is looking for anything other than casual sex or quick flings. It's honestly kind of disgusting.
>>
>>23322320
I don't lol. If I had to spend hours everyday trying to find a woman who is looking for love and not a good fuck then I'd have gone insane and shot some place up years ago.
>>
Fuck the Canucks, they're bloody useless.
>>
>>23322320
You meet girls for flings and then let it build into something serious
>>
my mother will never accept that she wasn’t very good at being a mother
>>
Is travel really that eye opening? People talk about travel like it’s going to college or something.
>>
>>23322320
They lie. Girls always get feeling for the guys they hook up with and spend time with. They say they’re not looking for a relationship because they want to sound cool.
>>
>>23322384
Travel is more eye opening than college. College is like putting on blinders.
>>
ecofascism NOW
>>
>>23322384
diminishing returns. it is good to travel a couple times to places with differing cultures and ways of life but the new perspective you gain dwindles each time you travel
>>
I will never experience death
>>
sick of "adhd" retards pretending they're some misunderstood geniuses that just need a tiny bit of meth to turn from functioning retard to Heisenberg. You're an unremarkable, dime a dozen copypasted low iq delusional fucking loser. And a speed junky at that.
>>
I am wrong about literally everything. Everything I've done in response was warranted. No insight has been obtained. I have awareness of my circumstances. Insight is the enemy.
>>
sometimes I think about these pivotal moments during all of this where if I had made a different choice I could have stopped my sanity from unraveling. there are two that I can pinpoint specifically.
but maybe it was doomed to happen regardless, and even if I had chosen differently I would’ve ended up in the same place
>>
I've made dozens of threads over the years investigating one particular topic through books on political economy. I do not use this website for any other occasion. I have not gotten any closer to answering my concerns after all the thousands of posts I've read. I look over the notes I made back in 2019 and I have not progressed. It almost feels as if I'm the only person who recognizes this contradiction and is eager to solve it. How can it be that America, the West and liberal democracy appear to be in severe decline, meanwhile the masses of the world continue to become more liberal and America still maintains the most power and certainly the most cultural power? How can these two things coexist when they negate the other possibility? Every rebellion is warranted and still fails. Every tumultuous election cycle leads to nothing. Everything happens and yet nothing ever happens. Marx speaks, Nietzsche speaks, everyone listens, and still nothing changes.

The only possible answer that I have so far is that the Enlightenment truly won, whether we like it or not and whether the people in charge even realize it or not. Voltaire's bourgeois cosmopolitan society is here to stay. Fukuyama and Hegel have the last laugh. But I can't accept that.
>>
I cannot remember how many books I've eaten in my life.
>>
I have never had a wet dream. Meaning I have never ejaculated while sleeping. Has this happened to you? how often does it occur?
>>
Women with large hook noses tend to have big tits why is that the case?
>>
>>23322504
The very hungry anon
>>
Why is drinking alone considered a bad thing?
>>
Was Dr Sues even a doktor?
>>
>>23322579
It’s often a warning sign of addiction
>>
>>23322483
What were the choices you could have made differently?
>>
I have 216000 doll hairs
>>
>>23322222
>>
File: 1685321603672684.png (415 KB, 1920x1080)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
Currently reading.
>>23322609
Based doll hairs fan.
>>
>>23318103
I haven't even seen a single thread highlighting that a new platonist fragment outlying where Plato was buried has been discovered.
>>
Above all else, infinity and eternity terrify me. Infinite existence or obliteration once I die both hold profound existential dread to me. Hell of course has the front seat in this whole thing, but all of it really gets to me.
>>
>>23322665
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and rest easy knowing where you'll be going when your body fails this mortal coil.
>>
>>23319663
What are you, some fat retarded Ugandan matron? Go to your dirty village to cook bafufu with goat faeces for your ten billion cousins, you fat sow.
Every single person you consider good was a Grade F worthless insect.
> He did some imperialism, massacred lots of people and genocided some villages, oh and he murdered his dad too.
All a thousand times more moral than anything you have ever done.
>>
I like watching my neighbours' televisions through their windows from out of my window. In fact I'm doing so right now.
>>
>>23318103
im waiting
for the right time
to look up
to look at you
>>
>>23322665
>Hell
Many saints say that God, as a final act of mercy, will destroy hell: none will suffer, and you'll simply 'cease to exist'. Beautiful thought, really. None can know if it's true. But if I end up in hell, which, frankly, is probable, or at least deserved, given the way I've lived my life to this point, that's all I could ask for.
>>
>>23322706
Do they watch anything interesting?
Snooping is only cool if it's interesting.
>>
>>23322748
I can't tell, I have poor vision even with my glasses :(
>>
>>23318103
I wish to die.
But not in a depressed way, I just feel like I want to get myself killed while screaming bloody murder.
>>23322665
Funny that, I think the concept of inexistence after death is comforting, in a way. An actual afterlife used to really shake me back when I was avoidant of the topic.
>>23322670
The only person Christ has ever saved was himself. He died for his own sins. He was not the son of god; but a man whose words were twisted by generations of theological infighting into a crude parody of the lost originals.
He is a tragic character.
>>
>>23322759
Then why do you bother? I understand its a way to pass the time but why? I just stack plastic dominoes around and pretend its a civilization when I'm bored without recourse.
>>
I can't look at the sky right now, it's depressing. It's not cloudy or gloomy or anything like that, no, it's sunny, it looks like the sky that I used to have fun under when I was younger, it reminds me of times when I was happy, I fucking hate it, I only like the sky when it's grey and gloomy. This isn't an attempt at an edgy post or anything, this is just genuinely how I feel right now, I'm going to close my blind and watch a movie, I hate this shit.
>>
>>23322785
do you know much about the weather?
>>
>>23322778
>The only person Christ has ever saved was himself. He died for his own sins. He was not the son of god; but a man whose words were twisted by generations of theological infighting into a crude parody of the lost originals.
>He is a tragic character.
He is one of three things: Satanic, the Son of God, or a pychopath. Can't be any other than these 3 things.
>>
I cant figure out how to make my life adventurous and awesome.
I just hate sitting around. I want to do something really interesting and impressive. Ive got some ideas.
>>
>>23322797
you are in desperate need of a training montage
>>
>>23322796
This assumes that the Jesus of the gospels is a fully unadulterated character. He may very well be not.
It's not like we have a billion sources about first century Judea to actually corroborate, you have Josephus and the Gospels.
>>
In the vast expanse of cosmic grace,
Our journey begins, in time and space.
A universe of dreams unfurled,
Each moment a galaxy, a world.

We traverse the constellations of fate,
Through nebulae of love and hate.
The stars, they guide, they softly gleam,
In the fabric of life, a celestial scheme.

Through black holes of despair, we roam,
Yet emerge, reborn, in stardust home.
Planets of hope, they orbit near,
A symphony of light, dispelling fear.

Across the Milky Way, we dance,
In the cosmic ballet, our chance
To embrace the beauty, the divine,
In the tapestry of existence, we intertwine.

Through supernovas, we find our light,
Burning bright in the infinite night.
For in the universe of our soul,
We find the universe, whole.

So let us journey, hand in hand,
Through galaxies unknown, we'll stand.
For in the long journey of life's embrace,
We find eternity, in this cosmic grace.
>>
>>23322810
And Josephus does not dig very deep on the Jesus front. Which is normal because when Josephus wrote christians were probably just another goofy sect.
>>
>>23318103
anyone else simply unable to stand modern brit bong writing? be it rushdie or ishiguro or sarah hall or zadie smith or whoever the fuck, its like their writing hasnt progressed past their enid blyton famous five days
>>
>>23322817
Makes one wonder what weird reverses history might have. For all we know Scientology will be the religion of the future.
>>
>>23322807
Im worried I may already be in one...
>>
>>23318752
Talking to them in your head seems stranger than actually talking to them
>>
>>23322384
I guess it was eye opening because I didn't watch YouTube videos before I went to the Philippines. The amount of trash, the cruelty to animals, and the Western food was worse than I thought, but it wasn't shocking or anything.
>>
>>23322845
Asking out of morbid curiosity, is the sex tourism really as bad and prominen as its made out to be?
>>
>>23322849
Probably not where I was. My family has a nice house there in a gated community. I literally only saw 1 white person the entire time. Some girls were very interested in me. I played footsie with the maid. 2 underage girls were hugging on me and inviting me to their home. When I left a girl was crying about it and wanted me to download some app to chat with her, but I deleted it after a couple weeks.
>>
>>23322841
I talk to them too.
>>23322845
If you were to base an objective morality at least partly on how a society treats animals, we would all be damned, but some countries degrees of separation moreso.
>>
>>23322869
They should be Christians. I didn't expect stadiums for cockfighting, should be obvious that's morally wrong in a Christian society.
>>
>>23322867
Oh shit man, I didn't catch on that you were diaspora, Sorry about that.
All that sounds weird. But desu the way you describe the place vaguely reminds me of my home country, I shoulkd visit just tosee how similar or disimilar it is.
>>
>>23322879
I completely agree with you brother.
>>
>>23322883
Meant to reply to >>23322874
>>
>>23322879
I'm not Filipino, I'm 100% American. My white American family married into a rich Filipino family who owned multiple properties over there.
>>
>>23322874
Well they are christians, they just happen to be catholic. Honestly, if you *really* need a frame of reference view it as yellow Latin America.
>>23322886
Oh, old money stuff, then, I presume. Are tey like newly wealthy or do they have history?
Without doxx ofc.
>>
>>23322832
just jam out to the soundtrack
>>
File: 1698651094302306.jpg (9 KB, 526x67)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
This could be a tweet from Andrew Tate or it could be a declaration of love from a pajeet to a blond girl in a bathroom stall. You'll never know because "ing"s are garbage. I don't want to see them. You will fuck up. I can pull an "-ing" out of my ass right now.
>I saw grandma writing.
Ah, I've seen grandma writing-- that's that loopy, cursive shit, right?
or
Ah, I saw her writing a letter downstairs.

I could go on, perhaps enlist GPT to aid me for this, or ANY part of this, but I'll leave it at this.
>>
test
>>
>>23322912
>I saw her writing a letter
Was gonna include a few caveats in my post, but you know shit "ing" usage when you see it.
>>
>>23322906
It's old money. They have old farms with a bunch of workers. Also connections to people who are even richer. A friend of theirs, while we ate at *his* friend's restaurant that was closed to just us, invited me to live at his mansion, but I refused because I didn't want to change my life so much and went back to the US (and I didn't know him personally).
>>
I remember back in high school, in 2010ish, feeling like I could be anonymous online, craft myself, decide who I was and present myself that way..... Nowadays, I look at the internet and I feel that that isn't possible- there is no true anonymity or self determination because every community has its predetermined tone. Instead of having the freedom to be whatever you want you have the freedom to choose which predetermined identity to adopt.

I wonder if this is because of a real shift in how people socialize online (or maybe in general), or if it's always been like this and this is something I'm realizing because I've matured.

I wonder, if something's actually changed and it's not just me, what the "dream" is for people around 20 or younger- is it more like, to make the scene?

Or maybe I'm just asking- what's the dream that I've forgotten, that someone around that age could still express?
>>
>>23322912
>I saw her writing a letter downstairs.
Is this wrong? How else does one convey to a second person the fact that one had just seen a third person in the middle of writing a letter?
>>
>>23322791
About as much as any normal guy, I guess. Why?
>>
I’ve been a waste my whole life, the last three years especially, and in those three years I’ve pulled three perfect days out of my ass. I have no redeeming qualities. I’ve wasted every opportunity I’ve encountered. And I’m generally a pain to be around. Yet, by some mad stroke of fate, I was allowed to experience three days in the presence of the only thing I’ve ever passionately desired.
The memories have haunted me since. Any mundane moment of my low life can be worsened by a sudden flash of her face, stopping me in my tracks while I’m supposed to be making progress to fix myself. At the same time, I’m not sure I would even care to dig myself out of this hole if I never saw her smile in person. Sometimes, when I’m at my weakest, her countenance is the only comfort I can conjure, and for that I’ll always be grateful. But I cannot get the splinter of regret for having met her out of my head. Maybe I would’ve gotten farther faster if not for her name lodged in my throat. Maybe I would’ve killed myself by now for lack of any proof of beauty or joy in this life.
>>
>>23323008
There's no such thing as waste. Everything is casual. You did something and that had an effect in the world, impossible not to. Your issue is psychologically misunderstanding that all life's a stage. Understand that your life is a unique storyline.
>>
My best friend is the person I dream about every night. No friends outside my dreams.
>>
>>23323067
Who do you dream about? Tell me about him. What makes him your best friend?
>>
Great, now I'm obese....
>>
>>23323074
She's my best friend because we go on adventures together, like the abandoned town with the ghostly black cat demons, the windmills with houses attached to the blade part that turn on some sort of gyroscope, the giant airport with airplanes hundreds of feet long in the alpine forest with underground slavers, and she allows me to give her platonic massages.
>>
>>23322930
As weird as it might sound, I'm jealous. Be careful though. Familial politics in the third world can be crazy.
>>
>>23318103
It's so easy to be a ghoul, but I don't knoe. It just doesn't come to me very naturally, I don't feel comfortable being venemous and cruel most of the time. But what else do I have left? I can be good.
>>
>>23323095
know*
>>
>>23323087
I'm just giving a summary of some of the most interesting experiences and leaving out a lot, like an Instagram post. You probably wouldn't be jealous if you had a full picture of my life. I didn't even do anything more with a woman than playing footsie with the maid because of my social anxiety.
>>
>>23323095
Be a human being.
>>
>>23323087
It's better to have your own experiences in life.
>>
>>23323076
I wouldn't say that's great.
>>
>>23323122
I am not a human being right now?
>>23323118
It's not about the sex, anon, I couldn't care less for that. I come from a family of chronic parvenus. Perpetual grifter class of small-town mayors, town-hall bureaucrats in positions phased out by computers, dependable clerks, ocassional insane tinkerers. A lubric race of dead eyed mandarins and pretentious functionaries.
Not maggots, per se. Parasite is a better word.
>>23323133
Maybe. But one can wish. I'd like my family to have a history beyond grocers, Napolitan watermelon sellers, and functionaries.
My mother's side of the family is much stranger, but the history dissipates around the same time there, too.
>>
>>23318103
Vote

https://strawpoll.com/eJnvvYBPEnv
>>
>>23318722
We don’t sign our posts here
>>
>>23321678
Things could be worse you could be born in North America and not have a drivers license
>>
>>23321678
Cállese manolo, al menos tienes cierta afluencia.
Los introvertidos no existen en las favelas.
>>
There's just something so unappealing about women or men who date outside their race.
>>
Why do some people love to punch down so much?
Are a large portion of society born sadists?

I see his behavior widespread especially amongst the right-wing, but the leftists do it too if you happen to not be one of the protected minorities.
>>
>>23323230
Mmm, yummy, cute, Indian women, I want to hold them and kiss them and love them and have them run their fingers through my hair, I want an English Indian girl, straight from London.
>>
>>23323351
Cause it's easy, I'm not going to punch up, it's very difficult to make fun of someone doing better than you.
>>
>>23323355
>it's very difficult to make fun of someone doing better than you.

Comedians manage to do it all the time.
And why do you feel the need to punch down? What do you get out of it.
>>
Can the government exist without the state? The state can exist without the government, and it sometimes feels like the state has a lot more power and influence over society than the government does, even if in theory they're supposed to be two things linked to eachother, for the most part, it seems as if the state can act almost completely autonomously and that the government and the people are an addition. As far as I understand it, the government represents the people, necessities and suggestions for what the state should do, but at the same time, there are places in the world where the government is basically a front and has no real power. Is the government a requirement for a democracy? And can a democracy exist without the government?
>>
>>23323351
>if you happen to not be one of the protected minorities.
They find ways around that too. People in general do it because they are competitive and contemptuous. Both stem from comparison, but competition tells them they will cease to exist if they don't win, and contempt tells them they deserve to win and ceasing to exist is just punishment for those less than them. It's why you find "pacifist" leftists calling for right wingers deaths, and "prolife" rightist hoping people's babies die for the sins of their parents: they have assumed what they judge to be a superior position outside of which are justly damned and no longer human. And because that's not really a reflection of reality, they need to make it real by beating down the people on their hierarchy lower than themselves and raising up those more like them, like their communal survival ensures their own survival.
In short, it's paranoia: the belief you're special enough to be under attack by unjust forces.
>>
>>23323122
I meant a figurative ghoul.
Really, being a figurative ghoul is the best way to succeed nowadays. The Ghoulish are always doing well and those of ghoulish professions seem to have plenty of business.
We live in strange times.
>>23323399
Do you mean state as in a U.,S state?
But if that's what you ask, yes, most U.S states could exist without federal government aid.
>>
>>23323358
NTA but it helps with my ED
>>
>>23323358
>What do you get out of it.
It's easy and funny, I get laughter from it.
>>
>>23323411
I think he means the beurocracy that runs the state, without the legislative and executive branches that do the ruling.
>>
>>23323411
State and government, as in a branch of society that passes laws being the state, and the government, being responsible for representing people's interests and necessities in a society. There's countries in the world that claim to have democracy and don't really have a functioning democracy, instead, the state is almost entirely responsible for most aspects of things like regulations or passing laws without any type of influence from the population.
>>
>thread switches to politics after old thread died
I wonder if anon notices
>>
Why haven’t you guys moved to New York and tried to get published yet? Don’t you think it would be a lot less weird if you moved to Tokyo to find your Japanese waifu in your 30s after a decade of failing to get published in New York than it would to do the same after a decade of rotting as a NEET in your hometown? Achieve your dreams!
>>
>>23323470
I don't want to get published.
I don't believe in that shit.
I want to live an interesting life and document it for somebody else to maybe publish it after I die.
>>
File: 20231124_134508.jpg (100 KB, 719x659)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Therapist told me that we can talk about an indication for HRT soon.

We are all gonna make it, sisters...
>>
>>23323478
So what are you doing?
>>
>>23323487
Don't. HRT will not make you into a woman, nor will any kind of surgery. You will just be permanently wrecking your body and social reputation for something that will not make you any more of a woman, nor make you feel like one, and depending on the country probably paying a shitton of money for it too.
>>
I have a fear of the open ocean. To be more specific, I don't mind the coast or anything, and I can swim(read:float) without any problem or fear. What scares me is like the start of Subnautica, where there's just no land anywhere, just an infinite ocean in all directions. A better example might be an aircraft carrier. I wouldn't mind boarding one and working in it, but I have previously seen videos of the carrier stopping in the middle of the ocean, and a part of the crew getting out, swimming and playing around outside in the vicinity. If I were to be among them I would be utterly overwhelmed by fear, the combination of the great depth of the ocean and the non-zero possibility of the carrier just turning the engines on and fucking off without picking me up would have me locked down in fear. I think that part of the reason for my fear of the ocean is because, back when I was five years old or so, when me and my family went to the beach, my mother wanted to play volleyball or whatever with her friends, together in the water, and I wanted to tag along with her. After pestering her a lot she finally agreed, and when I followed her into the water we eventually hit a depth where my feet weren't touching the bottom, the water was up to my nose, and I couldn't grasp onto my mother. I have reason to assume that my fear comes from this experience, in part or in full, and that I am probably still angry at her for not helping me then.
>>
>>23323478
Gay and edgy.
>>
this website is proof that mass literacy and public education were a mistake.
>>
>>23323517
>I have a fear of the open ocean. To be more specific, I don't mind the coast or anything, and I can swim(read:float) without any problem or fear. What scares me is like the start of Subnautica, where there's just no land anywhere, just an infinite ocean in all directions
Unless you lead a very specific kind of life you will never have to experience this
>>
You ever badly fuck up a timeline for something like applying to college?
>>
>>23323532
Well yeah, but being put in such situations makes me uncomfortable, even in games.
>>
Some of you guys seem to hate that political discussion takes place here but politics has always been one of the main topics of literature.
>>
>>23323561
Luckily for you, there's a whole board dedicated to just that topic.
>>
>>23323561
>main topics
They tend to flesh it out a bit tbf and if we want a 1:1 reflection, we're going to have to talk a whole lot more about syphilis and amputation
>>
>>23323565
You can’t actually talk about politics there though. The board moves too fast, there is no interest in political literature or political literature inspired ideas, and the discussion is already more than appropriate here. If it were the case that political talk were totally taking over this board, I’d agree that it needs to be placed elsewhere but it’s not yet.
>>
>>23323566
>They tend to flesh it out a bit tbf
Most books if someone only talks politics, they're supposed to be a figure of fun so the audience can laugh at their autism. Spode's my favourite of those, but Wodehouse had good practice from writing Finknottle's obsession with newts and Madeline
>>
>>23323561
so has love so I guess that redeems tfw no gf threads
>>
>>23323573
Yeah it's a generally good rule of thumb that if the politico comes off well in the book, the book was written as propaganda for the party line. Those can be fun too if you're willing to overlook the obvious protagonist armor
>>
>>23323561
Personally, I don't mind politics that much. As you said, in literature, it can also be a pretty interesting topic. What I hate though, is American politics. It is always the same. That is why I stopped using Reddit a long time ago - any fun community would eventually just turn into TRUMP TRUMP HEALTHCARE GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL DEMOCRATS REPUBLICANS ELON MUSK ABORTIONS!!

It must suck when you live in America and can't ignore all that stuff just by turning off your computer.
>>
File: 1713920636344283.jpg (21 KB, 415x388)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I never felt really good. Not that I amways felt bad. But I cant remember ever having strongly felt a good emotion. No falling in love, no relaxation, no joy just status quo all the time. But no real shock, sadness or anger either.
>>
>>23323582
Those can be written in the negative too. e.g. Justine by Sade, The Water babies by Kingsley, or the foil for the heavily plot armoured protagonist in Rand's Fountainhead
>>
>>23323581
I'm surprised nobody's brought up how often lesbian vampires come up in literature. We could stop talking about politics or gfs and be summoning succubi in pairs if we read a bit more.
>>
>I was always accessible to the Khonds and their leaders, and thought no time ill spent in arguing with them about their much-loved rite. We had council after council; at all hours and in various places; sometimes in my tent, but more generally in the open forest. Often my patience was terribly tested, for after an objection had been started, discussed, and I hoped finally disposed of, some stupid chief would raise precisely the same point again, and then we had to travel over the old ground and repeat all the old arguments.
Glad to know that this was always a thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To39sfLShv4
>>
Why the fuck do so many people wanna cut their dicks off? Why not just become a femboy if you're into that kind of thing?
>>
The common theme with Nietzscheans is that always are or were weird impotent losers. It’s so obviously a philosophy of cope.
>>
>>23323634
Medicine in general is a faith healing magnet. By medicalisation, a variety of spiritual and social arguments have been reduced to pills and surgery, charts, ranges, and lines of promised ever better performance.
>>
>>23323637
>impotent
To do what?
>>
>>23323634
rite of passage. radfem women will call them MEN.
>>
anyone here use/d kiwifarms? is it good or no?
>>
I'm doing it all!
>>
>>23323666
ok satan
>>
>>23323646
I mean, in life. They’re weak, nerdy, effeminate, and overly sensitive men with no power and they resort to Nietzscheanism because Nietzsche convinces them lack of power is their issue. So they abandon ethics and virtue and dogmas to pursue power at all costs, and push pursuit of power at all costs, and treat Nietzsche like a prophet. Ironically, most of them end up as content creators and streamers with no power Kek.
>>
>>23318404
Did you eat the blood orange?
>>
Are there any good stories about parasocial relationships between entertainer / fan? I’m thinking about trying to do something w vtuber and their fanbase.
>>
>>23322285
We got another one /wwoym/ chads!
>>
>>23322397
No. Only Techno-feudalism for you!
>>
>>23323714
One by one the doomers will go.
>>
>>23322440
True! Dying on the other hand...
>>
The only correct political stance is that we should return to being monkeys in the forest, but that there should also be casinos.
>>
Ok but it was a revelation for me when I realized that not just most but basically all boomers and generation x that vote Democrat believe it is their generation’s obligation to erase the “stain” of historical racism. They literally believe it’s some kind of teleological mission of history.
>>
>>23323628
the ultimate fighter girl in this video, i've never liked someone more
>>
>>23323637
Nietzsche ideal was always closer to machiavellian/odysseus than pure force like Achilles. Go back to read nietzsche
>>
>>23323793
This has been one of the few times I have felt genuinely happy in a long, long time
>>
>>23323796
Perfect example of retarded Nietzschean drivel. Literally a meaningless statement designed to just worship some classical hero in some retarded sort of way.
>>
File: 1713950178372818.jpg (24 KB, 800x450)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>23323799
>>23323793
>>
>>23323704
yes, don't worry I have a spare
>>
>>23323696
That doesn't sound like someone who read Nietzsche. It sounds like a lot of people Nietzsche criticized. Who's reading Nietzsche and coming out the other end trying to force fate's hand?
>>
>>23323793
>>23323799
I'm convinced posts like these are data-mining fedposting meant to draw out anons who relate or sympathize so your IP can be added to a database, eg 'pedophilic sexual desires'
>>
big believer in straightfacedness when your flirting
>>
>>23323858
I've got a great smile so that works better for me, but that's not a bad idea.
>>
Aiming to become more competent and knowledgeable.
>>
I have a story that I wrote, I plagiarised the introduction from a /qst/ thing but then kinda took it my own way, now I don't know what to do with it so just gonna spam here and see if somebody manages to continue it

Sing to me, O Muse, of the thirsty Ittionesa and the glory of Basil Aristomachides, sing to me of the madness of Seleucus, the ferocity of Zeno and the transgression of Philocrates!

Sing to me, O Muse, of the designs of Zeus, and how they are fulfilled....
Basil Aristomachides, grandson of King Strabo of Ittionesa, like other men descended from the old king, is a giant. Where smaller men struggle in their frailty he is strong. Where smaller men collapse from toil he advances. An inexhaustible titan, who fears nothing. Because of his size, strength and endurance, he scatters ordinary soldiers on the battlefield as a wolf might scatter a flock of chickens, and he takes great pleasure in doing so. When he takes the field, the terror of his enemies precedes him; when he enters the halls of the Royal Palace, respect and gratitude rest invisibly on his massive shoulders. His body is heavily muscled and his flowing hair is thick, shiny and blond. He never tires of the comments of wonder or the mixture of awe and fear on the faces of his peers, and the momentary panic of the smaller men when he approaches never fails to amuse him.

At the moment, he sits astride his chariot in full panoply, drawn by four of his best horses, and next to him in the chariot-his trusted second in command, Zeno. Together, they ride along the muddy paths leading to the prince's estates. There is a comfortable silence between them: they have known each other for more than a decade and there is no need for small talk. Zeno is a man of average height, with a brown beard, piercing blue eyes and a sturdy, athletic build. Behind the two heroes marches the Ittionesian Honor Guard, fifty soldiers-all veterans-who have been personally selected by Prince Basil for their valor on the battlefield and whom the prince himself has equipped at no small personal expense. They follow the chariot at a brisk pace, despite the weight of their weapons and armor: as Basil well knows, excellent physical condition is the priority of any fighting force.
>>
>>23323868
As he rides, Basil dutifully calculates his war skills, feeling fresh and well-rested, as does his chariot team of four thoroughbreds. The honor guard is well fed and in good spirits - their weapons and armor are well maintained. The prince's panoply was expertly constructed to fit him and him alone: besides, given Basil's size few others would be able to wear it, let alone move with speed and grace doing so. In short, Basil and his group of warriors are at the height of their fighting ability. The prince's shield, a bronze disk, is strapped to the chariot in front of him, as is his helmet-he has taken it off because of the heat-but he is always careful to keep his weapons and armor close, even when in his domain. The spears rest comfortably in their clip on the chariot, the sword is tightly strapped to his belt. Basil breathes deeply: Helios shines on him from above and all is well.

Arriving at the estate, Basil and Zeno dismount from the chariot; it is time to choose the new head of the Ittionesque Honor Guard, after the death of the elderly veteran who led it. For the purpose, the Prince has had some of his countless cousins rounded up, also descendants of the Great King Strabo, and just like Basil renowned throughout Ellas for their virtues and lineage.

The men are:

Seleucus, the soldier, one of the most dangerous men in the Hellas. Very few opponents are skilled or gifted enough to face him in combat and expect to survive the encounter. He is athletically gifted and does well with command: he has been educated in strategy and tactics. He finds his tongue perfectly useful in social activities, but he knows that it is not particularly skillful: he prefers to speak with the tip of his spear.

Philocrates, the vain, feared in athletic contests and a significant threat on the battlefield. Even more dangerous in the halls of the Royal Palaces: many an enemy has been disarmed and disoriented by his winged words alone. His real talent lies in his ability to build myths around himself! Kings and princes pay attention to his words, and he is happy to instruct them. However, he must be careful in combat: his unquestioned superiority over all the leaders of the Ellas in training and the art of command can compensate for his contained size only to a certain extent...

Hyacinthus, gunsmith, craftsman and mind above. Trained in all kinds of fabrication: ships, weapons, armor and more. With the proper time and resources, building anything is possible for him. He has dabbled in tactics and strategies, possesses a certain natural charm, and is obviously trained in combat, although he cannot be said to be a great athlete. As a generalist, he is typically capable, but true greatness in any field may be beyond his reach....
>>
>>23323868
Neat. Enjoyable read.
>>
>>23323876
Isocrates, augur, poet and musician. His interests are the divine, prophecy, and the subtle arts of song and poetry, in addition an accomplished rhetorician. This descendant of King Strabo is a true force of nature in terms of charisma, rivaling many Great Kings in terms of noble presence and natural authority. Unfortunately, he has neglected the physical training expected of a prince, and although he is naturally clearly superior to any common soldier, there are many nobles who are superior to him on the battlefield. Taking the field alone can be extremely dangerous for him, given his average reflexes and constitution and his less-than-excellent technique...

"Honored to make your acquaintance," Zeno says to the four men in front of him, "you already know why my lord has called you, so there is no need for too much talk, you have been chosen because of your fame, which precedes you in all of Ellas, but now you will have to show the Prince your valor. "As Zeno says these words, Basil's servants have introduced themselves and begun to undress the four warriors.

When the four of them are naked it is Basil who takes the floor, "my cousins," he says in a mighty tone, "as descendants of King Strabo your valor is undisputed, but by reputation you are equals, and if I had chosen one of you surely the others would have been justly offended, so it will be necessary to put you to the test and let the facts show which of you is the noblest," they all look at him without reply, "well," Basil continues, "you will have to pass a test of strength and a test of cunning, let us begin with the first," and as he says this he gestures to his servants to open the big gate, "over there are three of my best soldiers waiting for you, each of you will have to beat them in less than two minutes, in turn, before you can fight the others, if only one of you is able to do this then there will be no need for more, but I do not think this will be the case."

The order in which the four are to fight is chosen randomly with straws that Zeno has taken from his own hands; the first to fight will be Isocrates, the second Philocrates, the third Seleucus, and the last will be Hyacinthus.
>>
>>23323709
Do you mean like The Wisdom of Eve and Misery, or something positive?
>>
>>23323882
Isocrates finds himself surrounded by three opponents, all naked and ready to fight. His heart beats furiously in his chest as he prepares for the upcoming confrontation. One of the opponents lunges at him, trying to grab him by the neck. Isocrates dodges the attack, slipping under the man's arm and grabbing him by the waist. With a lightning leap, he throws him hard to the ground, hearing the dull impact of his naked body on the floor. As the first opponent lies stunned, the other two launch themselves to attack. Isocrates moves nimbly, dodging their blows and counterattacking with precise and powerful punches and kicks. The fight turns into a frenzied maelstrom of fluid movements and shouts of exertion. The man thrown to the ground earlier tries to grab him from behind, but Isocrates reacts promptly, bending forward and lifting his opponent's body in a wrestling move, hurling him at another, sending them both tumbling to the floor and throwing them out of the arena. There is still one last opponent standing, Isocrates lashes out at him, but before his fist can smash the man's nose he hears Basil's mighty voice proclaim the end of the fight, time is up, and Isocrates has been eliminated.

Philocrates enters the arena with a confident smile, aware of his advantage over his three opponents tested by the clash with Isocrates. His diminutive stature might be a problem, but his athletic superiority more than compensates for this disadvantage. The three opponents hurl themselves at him with shouts of defiance, but Philocrates faces them with calm determination. With agile and precise movements, he dodges their attacks and counterattacks with staggering ferocity. His athletic training gives him superior strength and endurance, enabling him to hold his own against several opponents at once. One of the opponents tries to grab him, but Philocrates responds with a powerful punch aimed at his face, breaking his nose with a dull sound. Another opponent tries to strike him from behind, but Philocrates anticipates him with a swift spinning motion, fracturing his arm with a kick. Despite their combined efforts, the three warriors soon find themselves in trouble against Philocrates. With skill and brutality, Philocrates dominates the arena, inflicting severe and painful wounds. Bones break under his punches and kicks, and the ring floor becomes stained with the fighters' blood. Despite their wounds and pain, the three men continue to fight tenaciously, but Philocrates' superiority is evident. With one last effort, he knocks them to the ground one by one, leaving them lying down and defeated but still alive.

Philocrates stands triumphant, sweat running down his muscular body as he looks at his defeated opponents with a mixture of satisfaction and respect, before turning his gaze to his cousin Basil who looks at him admiringly-the challenge has been overcome.
>>
>>23323887
As the three men were too badly reduced to resume fighting in the day, it was decided to replace them with others. This time taken by the Ittionesian Honor Guard. Seleucus enters the arena with an icy calm, exuding a palpable aura of danger. His imposing stature and piercing gaze immediately alert his Honor Guard opponents. The three soldiers prepare for combat, aware of the titanic challenge that awaits them. With a shout of defiance, they launch into the attack, trying to exploit their numerical superiority to stand a chance against the fearsome Seleucus. But the warrior, with unparalleled mastery, faces each attack with glacial calm. His movements are fluid and powerful, delivering devastating blows with surgical precision. Seleucus does not delay in using his superhuman strength: with one swift blow, he breaks the legs of one of the soldiers, leaving him agonizing on the floor. With a swift movement, he grabs a second soldier by the neck and, with a brutal twist, breaks his neck, leaving him lifeless. The third soldier tries desperately to resist, but it is only a matter of time before Seleucus overpowers him. Despite his opponent's resistance, Seleucus slams him to the ground and storms him with blows, leaving him bleeding and unable to fight. In the end, the Honor Guard soldiers lie defeated or dead on the floor, while Seleucus stands triumphant with his scarred body and fierce gaze.
Basil turns to his right-hand man Zeno with a worried look. "I did not expect the fight to take such a violent turn," he says. Zeno nods, showing a serious expression. "It's true. Seleucus is a formidable warrior, but his ferocity can be frightening. If we choose to take him on we will have to be careful...," Basil nods slowly, reflecting on Zeno's words, before congratulating Seleucus.

At this point it is Hyacinthus' turn to enter the arena, against three other soldiers, one of whom will be Zeno himself.
>>
>>23323863
smiling when saying goodbye. totally monotone when giving the compliment
>>
>>23323893
Hyacinthus enters the arena with determination, ready to face Zeno and his two companions. Although he is less fit for the warlike life than Philocrates and Seleucus, he is nevertheless an experienced and cunning man of war. Zeno prepares to fight, his proud look and confident posture demonstrating his readiness for combat. The fight begins with a tension-filled atmosphere as Hyacinthus and Zeno study each other, trying to find an advantage. Hyacinth moves with agility, taking every opportunity to attack and defend, while Zeno demonstrates his superior fighting skills, anticipating Hyacinth's movements and counterattacking with precision. Despite his experience and cunning, Hyacinth soon finds himself in trouble against Zeno and his comrades. Basil's right-hand man demonstrates overwhelming superiority, outclassing his opponent. Hyacinthus, armed with courage and resolve, continues to fight tenaciously, trying to resist the relentless assault of Zeno and his companions. Despite his exceptional skills as an armorer and craftsman, he realizes that hand-to-hand combat is a terrain where Zeno is indisputably sovereign. Eventually, despite his stamina and ingenuity, Hyacinthus succumbs to the superior skill of Zeno and his companions. Although his courage is indomitable, it is clear that Zeno is the better fighter. Time runs out and Hyacinthus, like Isocrates, fails the test.

The time has come for direct confrontation; Seleucus and Philocrates face each other in the arena, ready to unleash their ferocity in combat. The giant Seleucus and the reckless dwarf Philocrates peer at each other, their dilated pupils reflecting the determination and brutality that animate their hearts. The fight begins with the two opponents hurling themselves at each other with primitive fury. Seleucus, with his imposing stature, tries to crush Philocrates with his superhuman strength, but the agile and cunning dwarf dodges his blows with impressive speed. Philocrates, with his agile body and athletic prowess, counterattacks with ferocity, trying to find a gap in Seleucus' defenses. His quick and precise blows try to send the giant, who for his part is attempting to overwhelm his opponent with brute force alone, to the ground. The fight turns into a frantic maelstrom of movements, blows, and backlash as the two opponents face each other with relentless determination. After a long and brutal fight, Seleucus finally succeeds in overpowering Philocrates, throwing him to the ground with overwhelming force. With a cry of victory, the giant begins to smash Philocrates' head with his fists. But at that moment, Basil and Zeno burst into the arena, firm in their determination to prevent a needless death. In a firm voice, they order Seleucus to stop, reminding him of the value of life and the blood bond that binds all the descendants of King Strabo.
>>
>>23323902
Seleucus pauses, his breathing heavy and his gaze still ablaze with battle. Slowly he rises again, containing his murderous fury. Philocrates lies on the ground, wounded and exhausted; he will have to make up for Seleucus in the intelligence test if he is to become Commander of the Honor Guard.

The warriors are clothed, and then they are escorted to the throne room.

Everyone's eyes are on Seleucus and Philocrates, the two noble cousins destined to challenge each other in a battle of wits and cunning that will have lasting consequences for the principality of Ittionesa. Seleucus, with his brute strength and tendency toward violence, represents the warrior tradition of the Aristomachid family, while Philocrates embodies the cunning and intellect that could take Ittionesa to new heights of greatness and prosperity.

Basil, seated on his wooden throne, watches the two cousins intently, aware of the crucial importance of the decision about to be made. Beside him, Zeno, his trusted right-hand man, shares the tension of the moment, aware that the fate of the island will be in the hands of one of these two men.

"The time has come," Basil announces in a solemn voice, "to test not only your strength, but also your intelligence and cunning. Listen carefully, for your answer will determine who will be the new head of the Ittionesian Honor Guard."

Seleucus and Philocrates, determined and focused, stare at Basil with burning eyes.

"The conundrum is as follows," Basil continues, his voice echoing in the hall with a solemn tone "A man is found dead in a room locked from the inside. The room is completely empty except for a table and a chair. There are no windows and the door is locked from the inside. There are no signs of violence and no weapon was found at the scene. How did the man die?"

Basil's words are met with solemn silence as those present ponder the conundrum posed to them.

Seleucus, with his limited mind, frantically strives to find an answer, but finds himself unable to penetrate the mystery of the enigma. His grim look and confused expression reflect his frustration at the intellectual challenge set before him.

Philocrates, on the contrary, with his brilliance and wit, immediately grasps the essence of the enigma. With a sly smile on his lips, he raises his hand confidently and replies, "The man died from an accident with a horse-drawn chariot. The room was actually a wagon, and the man, being inside it, was fatally struck when it overturned during an accident."

His words, loaded with wisdom and intelligence, resonated in the room, prompting a wave of applause and admiration among those present. Basil, with an approving smile, nods with satisfaction at Philocrates' correct answer.

"Correct," Basil declares, his voice full of authority, "Philocrates has successfully solved the riddle and demonstrated his ability for lateral and logical thinking. He is the new head of the Ittionesian Honor Guard."
>>
>>23322607
It’s hard to explain I guess, the first one was more abstract. The second one was a time when I considered doing something but then stopped myself because I felt like it would be morally wrong, and then that decision gradually led me into doing things that were far more morally wrong later on
>>
>>23323911
A mixture of surprise and disappointment is painted on the faces of those present as the announcement of the victor is greeted with a mixture of mixed emotions. Seleucus, frustrated by his inability to solve the riddle, bows in silent acceptance of his defeat, while Philocrates, triumphant and proud, stands proudly.

The day of Philocrates' investiture as head of the Ittionesian Honor Guard is approaching, and the entire palace is in turmoil. Elaborate preparations are underway, with servants decorating the palace halls with garlands of flowers and silk draperies. The throne room has been transformed into a theater of grandeur, with banners proudly flying the insignia of Ittionesa.

Meanwhile, Seleucus, although he has accepted his defeat, is in the grip of a very strong inner turmoil. His pride as a warrior is wounded, and frustration at his inability to solve the riddle is gnawing deeply into his soul. As preparations for the investiture proceed, he turns away from the celebrations and retreats to his rooms, pondering his future and his role in the Kingdom of Ittionesa.

Basil, noting Seleucus' absence and sensing that he might be upset because of Philocrates' victory, decides to deal with the situation like a true ruler. After the official ceremony, he invites Seleucus to a private meeting in his royal chambers. The air is tense as Seleucus enters, his heavy footsteps echoing on the marble floors.

"Basil," Seleucus begins in a gravelly voice, "I apologize for my departure, but my defeat has left me deeply confused as to what my place is here."

Basil listens to him attentively, then speaks in a calm and reassuring tone, "Seleucus, your strength and courage are unparalleled, and your loyalty to Ittionesa has never been in doubt. Your skill in battle is essential to the security of our kingdom. Do not let a single defeat overshadow your countless victories."

Struck by the prince's words, Seleucus feels invigorated. "Thank you, my prince. Your wisdom is to me like a beacon in the storm. I will continue to serve you and Ittionesa with all my heart."

With this renewed spirit, Seleucus joins the celebrations, determined to find his place at Philocrates' side in the defense of the kingdom.

The day of investiture arrives, and Philocrates is appointed head of the Honor Guard in a lavish ceremony. His acumen and strength are celebrated, and he accepts the role with a deep pride badly disguised by false humility. Zeno, at his side, smiles approvingly, recognizing Philocrates' abilities and his determination to lead the kingdom to glory.
>>
Brother you could have just put all of this in a pastebin and linked that...

>>23323868
>>
>>23323918
After the ceremony, Basil holds a banquet in honor of the new commander. The entire company sits in the throne room, a large, high-ceilinged hall with four columns surrounding a central hearth, the smoke from which is drawn through an opening in the ceiling. Along the walls, frescoed with scenes of lions attacking deer and griffins posing as guards, stand armed sentries. After a procession and offerings to the gods, guests settle into silver-studded chairs. Philocrates sits in the place of honor, between Basil and Zeno. The corridors of the palace resound with music, laughter, and more or less true stories of heroic deeds of the various members of the Aristomachid dynasty. The party goes on late into the night.

And throughout the party there is nothing that attracts Philocrates' eyes more than Sophia, Zeno's beautiful wife. Sophia is dressed in a flowing woolen gown, skillfully woven by slave girls in black, gray, and vermilion stripes, soft and lustrous from the oil with which it has been treated. Sleeves cover the tops of her arms but leave the pearly skin of her forearms exposed. The wraparound bands of a gold bracelet cover both bare wrists. Two matching gold brooches hang from the neckline of the dress. A fitted bodice and gold belt set off her buxom breasts. Her face is framed by long hair, oiled to keep it from drying out, and kept in order by an elaborate jeweled hair clip. Her elegant hairstyle is made up of fine curls and ringlets on her forehead and long shiny curls that fall down to her waist. Her handmaids aacconed her tawny hair with ivory combs before the feast. Her cheeks are beautifully waxed and red.

Barefoot servants run back and forth with oil lamps and gold and silver amphorae and basins for ritual hand washing. Then come the dishes: honey, figs, and bread, and a selection of the best meat from the Hittionese farms and Basil's hunting estates: lamb, kid, pork, hare, deer, and wild boar. And for special guests from the royal lineage of Strabo Aristomachides, of course there is no shortage of fish. The food is washed down with lots of alcohol. And it is among the figs and lambs that Philocrates exchanges his first words with Sophia.

As the feast continues, Basil retreats to his balcony, gazing at the stars above the calm sea. He thinks about the designs of the gods and how, despite unforeseen events, everything seems to be converging toward a positive destiny for the kingdom. With a thoughtful smile, he looks to Ittionesa's future, confident that he has placed her in capable hands.

As the stars twinkle above Ittionesa, a gentle sea breeze caresses Basil's hair as he pensively focuses on plans to strengthen and protect his kingdom. With Philocrates at the head of the Honor Guard and his other cousins as his loyal supports, he feels more secure about the future, but he also knows that the outside world has never been safe since the empire built by Strabo had shattered.
>>
>>23323919
True, I will do that then
>>
>>23323925
I read the first couple (I don't like reading long-form fiction on my desktop), and for what you're going for and such, it's pretty good.
>>
>>23323561

Of the perennial discussion topics, politics is better than the pseudo intellectual circle jerking and better than religion as well.
>>
>>23323943
There's an immense overlap in all these of those
>>
I hate gaslighting so much. I cannot stand people who try to lie to you in your face. I just get this sudden rage.

Every time I have to deal with a sales person I end up going off on them, because I just cannot stand people trying to lie to me, to my face.
Just be fucking honest with me, you cunt.

I find it so insanely disrespectful. Fuck I hate it so much.
>>
My coccyx hurts
>>
rising to post-narcissism, writing about beautiful who are/look nothing like me
>>
>>23323951
People obsessed with honesty and whether others are gaslighting or whatever is almost baffling and peculiar to me. People lie and/or make hyperbolic statements, it makes perfect sense why they do, so what?
>>
Can't remember my last goonsesh..
Turning into a normgroid.
>>
>>23323925
Here it is

https://pastebin.com/j6t16W90

Continue it however you want, I don't care who you kill off, if you add characters, just do whatever the fuck you want with this as long as you don't edit what I wrote (can you even do that? IDK how pastebin works lol)
>>
>>23323965
I get why they do it, but I find it extremely disrespectful. It's probably autistic of me, but I have no time to play games just to be polite with somebody that just disrespected me.

So what are you supposed to do with a salesperson that just lied to you to your face? If you try to point out that they lied they either act offended themselves, or they try to gaslight you.
>>
>>23323969
its impossible for me to now. can anyone over 23 still goon
>>
I wish I was younger, not because I worship youth or anything but because things would be a lot better if I know what I know now just a few years ago. Ironically, I wish I could could go back to January 2020 right before the COVID lockdowns. I know exactly what I would do so that I’d be in a better place now in 2024. Even January 2022 would be better and that was also a bit of a crazy time.
>>
>>23323969
>Turning into a normgroid.
Norms fap a lot, though?
>>
>>23323984
games are fun. if someone's lying to your face, throw an outrageous lie out there yourself. just see what happens
>>
>>23323984
Some lies can be disrespectful, I feel you on that, but most are not, and instead are just for the benefit of the person's own self-esteem.

A salesperson lying is in its own category, I agree. I guess first the question is whether or not you're actually interested in buying what they're selling, and then if you are, then determining if their lie is an outright fabrication and completely contrary to the truth to the point of where you're getting scammed, more of a hyperbolic statement that is just standard sales language in which case you just identify it as such and adjust your perception accordingly, or lastly a mix to where it's of the white lie variety which is usually done to temper emotions (eg like how a waiter will blame the kitchen for something that is really their fault, or when there's an issue with delivery and they make something up to shift blame but all it really means is it takes another day or two).

The latter two I wouldn't say anything, just again recognize what they're saying and what the probable truth is internally. If it's to the level or effect of where they're scamming you, then yeah, try correcting them and if they continue to BS you, then yeah, fuck 'em.
>>
If I could go back to early 2020 I could studymaxx hard(instead of doing what I did, sitting on my ass and staring blankly at the wall) and be earning more than 99.5% of the world population right now.
>>
>>23324002
Twice a week is standard normie answer to that q (whether it's true or not idk)
>>
>>23324002
No, norms have wives and girlfriends to creampie
>>
Why did it feel like my coccyx exploded, and then it stopped hurting?
>>
>>23323984
>what are you supposed to do with a salesperson that just lied to you to your face
Ask if they work on comission and if yes, insist on giving the sale to someone who hasn't lied to your face
>>
Prostate stimulation as a pale, corrupt imitation of the beatific vision, rendering thought impossible and eclipsing the soul of man through ever-filling pleasure as an object moving-at-hand, a negation of the negation of at-hand-ness present only in the Divine.
>>
>>23324062
I'll beat the faggot out of you.
>>
Sometimes I feel a sharp pain in my anus.
>>
Somebody make the new so I can post my wisdom for all of you to enjoy.
>>
What if it is a general rule that a fault of democracy is that it forces public debate, which inevidably makes all involved- as we all know- look at best ridiculous, and at worst, and most often, disgusting in their moral fibre, so that any ambition of the populace for a conviviality aspiring to goodness seems unachievable under such rulership. That the fact that we have to endure public debate is itself actually reason enough to favor dictatorship, since the dictator gets to dictate his own public image and is not forced into this terrible game.
>>
>>23324108
Public debate is not necessary.
One could in theory engineer a purely anonymous democracy, with everyone interacting through an anonymizing medium.

But I think there is merit to the idea that ego is part of the issue. I mean, part of the reason for the tribalism and political cheer leading is due to ego. The (non politically connected) greater electorate does not gain much from supporting the lesser of the good options. But they get to feel like their team won.

But to be honest, I don't think it is the main fault. I think democracy is limited by the fact that it is far from a level playing field. The powerful and influential also have the most time and resources to invest politically. They manage to rig the game so that anyone doing the bare minimum (voting) is politically neutralized, because voting has a minimal effect on democracy.

Ideally we would setup our own party that is more representative, but that takes time and money that we don't have. And if we did manage it, the elites would just co-opt the party as they always do, anyway.
>>
>>23323912
What did you do?
>>
>>23324081
Sorry I promise to be more gentle
>>
The best form of government is barbarianism.
>>
>>23324145
Good one...…̷
>>
>>23318119
What's wrong?
>>
>>23324135
>voting has a minimal effect on democracy.
These are heavy words.
>>
I love when fat, juicy fruits pop in my mouth.
>>
NEW
>>23324263
>>23324263
>>23324263
>>23324263
>>
>>23324191

How so? The general trend of politics is shared by all establishment politicians across all parties. This is true in all western countries as far as I can observe.

Look here's a simple example: Is there a single western country doing something about the housing crisis? No. All parties are unanimous on that topic: do nothing, ignore it. And yet is it an issue that effects the great majority of the electorate and would be an easy win for any politician.
The only way you could get a politician to do something about a topic like that is to be yourself that politician and go get yourself elected. But good luck competing against the establishment puppets.
>>
>>23324161
i dont remember
>>
Do you think a pretty girl that’s not active on social media even exists in 2024? I know a lot of guys that are not on social media but no girls at all.
>>
I looked at a lot of porn and got hooked on cam girls. I’ve mostly kicked the habit. I started watching vtubers and it lit up similar brain pathways or whatever. I’ve fallen in love with a vtuber.
>>
>>23322137
Yeah I'm at this one college in a super small town.
>>
>>23325210
That's what's up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.