[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dBl853932.png (252 KB, 888x436)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
"too beautiful" edition
Previous:
>>23314204
>>
By all counts, I’ve led an almost idyllic life. I’ve spent almost a decade doing nothing but giving lecturers, reading, writing poems, and tending horses in a mostly serene setting.

Why then am I so restless and unhappy? I chose this. This is what I wanted, wasn’t it?
>>
>>23316363
Professional and romantic success, perhaps? Sounds like a great life though.
>>
>>23316370
Yeah, I think you’re right. I know romantic success is a pain for me and professional success is to albeit not in the way that people might think. I think mostly I feel trapped and I hate that. I like my nice little life, but I hate feeling like I’ve stuck myself in it. And I see the pain that people around me go through and I desperately wish I had done more to help them. As it is, I only help myself.
>>
>>23316375
You've got plenty of time left I imagine to help others, accomplish your goals, and find love, anon. Don't fret, for there is hope eternal.
>>
>>23316385
You’re right, I know. But just thinking about gives me this crippling sense of anxiety. I guess this is how all those NEETs feel when they have to get a job or how virgins feel when they try to get a date or something.
>>
>>23316410
>But just thinking about gives me this crippling sense of anxiety.

That just means you care.

and lmao that's funny but let's not bully others here
>>
>>23316429
Of course I care but recognizing that I care isn’t exactly a solution or an anti-anxiety pill.
>>
>>23316341
If you ignore the racists(which are in every general, anyway) it's a better general than most. I would be glad for any suggestions of other generals I should visit though.

>>23316363
>tending horses
Are you one of those females they speak of on TV?
>>
>>23316434
lol fair. I just meant, while it will always be somewhat discomforting while you're experiencing it, you can better come to accept the feeling and let it 'washover.'
>>
A lot of threads these days devolve into troonjak posting and chud baiting.
>>
I often wonder the perfect male human would look like In a physical and mental state mainly physically I wonder what kind of Superman that man could create wheather it be biologically or “less biologically” for a lack of a better words I see man who is at least 7”3 or more,with more testosterone in his system than a lot others,a eight pack that matches that of a kangaroo,durability that is simply indescribable and near unlimited stamina someone like that would be by all intents and purposes a super soldier but that’s what I believe maybe am too small in my scope and the real thing is much more impressive better than that I wonder if you can even call a begin human they would be would another entity altogether.
>>
>>23316438
>ignore the racists
>oh my is this a fair maiden that blesses this thread
>*takes off fedora and bows*
>>
>>23316439
The way I experience it is as something like a call to action, so the anxiety is not so much an issue as a failure to identify proper action. So I don’t think allowing it to wash over is exactly an issue for me.

>>23316438
No. I just grew up near a horse barn.
>>
>>23316447
If your perfect specimen is 7'3, mine is 7'4.
>>
>>23316351
last time I had a crush I lost all interest in fapping for months.
>>
>>23316449
You're lucky. I wish to get into horses but it is exclusively a little girls' hobby around here. It's not feasible because you would end up in some establishment teaming up with little girls and that's hardly appropriate for a grown ass man.
>>
>>23316451
Sounds like the Madonna-Whore complex.
Used to suffer from it myself.
>>
>>23316351
All good things must come to an end, because all bad things must come to an end too.
>>
>>23316457
How tiny are you that they'd put you on the same horse as a 7 y/o?
>>
Buddhist enlightenment doesn't make sense. No one can decide on what it really means or what's supposed to happen.
>>
>>23316457
There are more men working and hobbying with horses than you think. You just don’t see them. They don’t talk about it. Most of them are country boys that grew up with them or are rich old men. If you want to spend more time with horses and get to know them find a local barn or boarding facility or a dude ranch near you and send them an email expressing interest and willingness to volunteer. They’ll teach you everything if you just show up once or twice per week for a while and help them clean or do chores or whatever. Women do this all the time.
>>
>>23316489
For what reason would anyone do something like that?
>>
Can anyone suggest me any light reading? Ideally some novellas, since I don't have a lot of time.

I enjoy reading historical accounts with some political/philosophical commentary. I read pretty much the whole of Tolstoy and enjoyed it quite a bit.
>>
>>23316526
If you want to learn to ride and tend horses. It’s pretty much the only way other than buying your own horse.
>>
I think the most interesting about the popularity of Donald Trump is that so much of it obviously comes from this sense that people have that he’s exactly what they would be like if they got rich. He’s like that guy on their construction crew or that guy at their regular bar, but extremely wealthy. I think it actually speaks to the egocentrism of the boomers a lot. Even their heroes have to be basically like them.
>>
>>23316589
No thanks, I am not a zoophile.
>>
>>23316385
Gay
>>
>>23316449
Then in that case you have two options: either accept things will happen in their own natural way on their own time, or do something about it.
>>
>>23316606
wheredoyouthinkgyouareScrubs.jpg
>>
>>23316611
You just made me realize my real issue here. Thanks!
>>
>>23316363
How the fuck is that idyllic? You need more action and adventure. Go backpacking or offroading or target shooting or hunting
>>
>>23316622
If you aren't being facetious and mocking, then I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors.
>>
>>23316630
That's time away from reading and writing and talking about reading and writing, no sarcasm.
>>
>>23316639
But you're restless and unfulfilled. Try something new. A weekend camping won't rot your brain
>>
>>23316653
I'm not the anon you responded to, I'm the other one.
>>
>>23316592
Nah, people openly admit that they support him only as a protest against the ones they hate.

You cannot trust Trump to be or do anything, but you can trust him to piss off the Libs so if that's your goal...
>>
>>23316657
Well fuck off then
>>
>>23316667
kek

literature is plenty to satiate my desires, and my love life is fine.
>>
>>23316351
>"too beautiful" edition
okay fine i'll put on the nick drake album and read the mono no aware novel
>>
I once found out a girl I had a crush on sniffed my boxers.
>>
>>23316659
Yeah, but that’s because they seen him a martyr, and specifically a martyr they identify with. He says and does all of the things they would say and do…if only they were the billionaire he is. He is the boomer gentry ideal made flesh.
>>
>>23316630
Do you know what idyllic means…?
>>
>>23316634
I wasn’t. Seriously. Thanks!
>>
>>23316706
>because they seen him a martyr
Some nutcases do, but a lot of them seem to consider him a useful tool.
For example the Evangelicals think he's the evil guy that God chose to execute his plans (apparently there's biblical president for that).
The Israelis (apparently they get to vote in America) want him to support Israel.
The Catholics want to use him to keep restricting abortion.
The libertarians want him to reduce their taxes.
>>
>>23316675
"too beautiful" comes from an interview with cinematographer Robby Muller, when he was discussing the jailbreak scene from Down by Law (which is what this threads pic is). He said that probably, the iconic shot of them running through the sewers, and the light reflecting off the water and onto the wall, was "too beautiful", but they had to shoot it that way to light the scene.
>>
>>23316718
They’re not that pragmatic. Even portraying him as the evil guy chosen to implement their plans is in some sense a fantasy of the self. Those people see in him the parts of themselves they don’t indulge, what they might have become if they had been born in New York and become as cutthroat as him. Listen to the way they talk. It’s obvious that they’re constantly projecting their own senses of self onto him. He is somehow the Everyman, whether you’re talking about the sort of boomer professional that lives in some suburb and loves to golf or whether you’re talking about the evangelical that is a pepper and lives in the country.
>>
Pleasure is the thing that keeps me going untroubled through a world of despair and pain, even more than love or any other lofty goal. Pleasure alone has become my go-to coping mechanism for every single hardship in life, the gift that keeps on giving, a most benevolent god. If I aspire to create anything, I do it in the name of pleasure.
And yet it is also so feeble. It will leave me to rot when things get tough, it has left me before in times of difficulty. It consumes my life, my mind. Every single day I am enthralled and trapped by desires.
And I know I can leave it behind. Like every other god out there, the moment I close off my mind it will die. I will be back to the barren land of might makes right, and then what will I do?
What do I work for beyond mere survival? What do I do with my time? Which god will I serve now?
>>
Let’s be real. America’s real problem is that it’s a technophilic, anti-traditional, multi-ethnic free-for-all. It’s really no wonder why the place turned into a wasteland of car dealerships and fast food joints.
>>
I feel so fucking shitty today I want to blow my brains out. Haven't felt this bad in a long time
>>
>>23316774
Did something happen?
>>
>>23316740
To be honest, I don't care that much anymore.
When you are forced to choose between two awful choices you feel gamed.
>>
>>23316764
>technophilic

As opposed to what other Western or technological society?
>>
>>23316786
Lost a few hundreds dollars on a betting app this morning...
I don't know why I do this
>>
>>23316764
>technophilic
actually one of the things that makes it great
>anti-traditional
meh, depends on what you mean by traditional
>multi-ethnic
again, one of the things that makes America great
>>
Is time management real? Am I real?
>>
>>23316799
I’m not saying you should care. I just think the phenomenon is interesting.
>>
Lol, in Germany people under 30 are more likely to vote for the fascists than any other party. The moderate/liberals and the greens really fucked it up, massively.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The problems with the country are so hard to fix that I have no hope that things will get better any time soon. I myself wouldn't know who to vote for, if I could, because all parties are shit.
Hopefully I can get out before shit really starts hitting the fan.
>>
>>23316855
I'd be worried if young people wouldn't vote for a far right identitarian party at this point.
>>
>>23316855
Where are you trying to go?
>>
>>23316861
America is my top goal.
Australia is distant second.
Maybe New Zealand too.

>>23316860
Well we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. The AfD are clearly charlatans who would probably do no good at all if elected. But the current establishment lackeys have no respect for the people, especially the ones who actually work and want to have a future.

These fake ass liberals think they got as gamed by forcing us to pick between them and the fascists. They tried this already back in the early 20th century. Fucking retards should have learned some history.
>>
I'm getting dumber and less disciplined. I can't tell how much of it is a mental block, the very idea that I might be getting dumber/slower, or an actual intellectual dimming. Maybe I just need to start exercising now that I'm older.

Not long ago, in the span of one year I edited a book, did extensive rewrites of a novel, and wrote a feature screenplay draft.

Now I've been struggling to even finish an outline of a novel. I look at Instagram reels for fucking hours some days. I don't finish books. Bros, I've become mentally fucking enfeebled.
>>
>>23316883
yeah, i had a whole year of this but bounced back. partly it was caused by a weird hatred of my own identity that IMHO was due to demonic attachments (i couldn't help thinking that reading/the creation of any art was gay) and a terrible spiral that erased all my good habits. suddenly i was going out and getting drunk way more often, jerking it x3, barely making music or reading, constantly thinking about money, etc. luckily I thank God it finally subsided and I'm back to my stable, productive self.
>>
>>23316375
>I desperately wish I had done more to help them

Spending time and simply being there is enough. Trust me, I learned from my own experience about that.
>>
>>23316874
>America is my top goal.
>Australia is distant second.
>Maybe New Zealand too.
Lol man, you're gonna run into the exact same problems in all of these places
>>
>>23316845
How does being multi ethnic make America great? Does that imply homogeneous societies cannot be great?
>>
>>23316467
Thank you Lao Tzu
>>
>>23316844
Killing yourself over a few hundred dollars is pretty dumb bro. You're evaluating your life as less than a single thousand. Just stop gambling
>>
>>23316855
>afd
>fascist
>>23316860
>afd
>identitarian
>>
Trying out some dating apps. It seems like 90% of women on these things are registered nurse practitioners who like Taylor Swift and wine bars. Is this what normal people are like? Feels like I'm looking into a parallel dimension
>>
>>23316874
Oh great another European liberal coming to America just to vote Democrat. Fuck off, we're full
>>
>>23316913
It's just a couple hundred on top of lord knows how much I lost..
I have rent to pay in a few days, I don't know wat to do
>>
>>23316898
>(i couldn't help thinking that reading/the creation of any art was gay) and a terrible spiral that erased all my good habits. suddenly i was going out and getting drunk way more often, jerking it x3, barely making music or reading, constantly thinking about money, etc.

fuck dude this is exactly where i'm at right now. glad to hear at least that it's likely temporary.
>>
I was never bullied while growing up, maybe that's what I'm missing.
>>
>>23316919
A lot of them are like that yes.
Just know that 95% of people on apps are not worth the trouble. It's the 5% that you consider date worthy that makes the hassle worth it.
>>
>>23316919
It's like how most people on /lit/ are lonely pseudo intellectual college students. It's not a random sample.
>>
>>23316917
Never claimed they were, but the young people see them as identitarian.
If you're in Germany and vote for anything but AfD or more right wing than that, I don't get you.
>>
>>23316928
Oh I know
>>
>>23316927
It's not, being bullied sucks.

t. was bullied all throughout jr. high and didn't gain anything positive from it. I wouldn't say I was negatively effected by it in any longterm way either, but it still sucked and isn't fun.
>>
>>23316923
Dawg just tell your landlord to fuck off and squat until you have the rent money.
>>
>>23316928
>>23316919
Dating apps are pure cancer. Save your time and stay off of them.
>>
>>23316874
>Well we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. The AfD are clearly charlatans who would probably do no good at all if elected. But the current establishment lackeys have no respect for the people, especially the ones who actually work and want to have a future.

Well said, and we see this dynamic in just about every Western country with a surging or established populist right-wing political party. Some on the left would take this to mean that there is something inherent to right-wing views that attracts those incompetent, moronic charlatans but, IMO, it's rather symptomatic of an establishment and managerial class that has thoroughly dominated the academic and cultural strata of society whose views have completely diverged from the interest of the native, working-to-middle-class populace. I say this because, with as much skepticism and vitriol that public holds for these public-sector technocrats, the fact of the matter is they know how to get things done as well as control the levers of control within the government, meaning it isn't enough to just vote in the right representatives because without a politically-aligned bureaucracy consisting of managers from the swamp, the deep state inertia can and will stymie those populist right-wing measures.

Sorry, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, just felt compelled to write it all lol.
>>
>>23316935
I'll just feel like a parasite by doing that.
I can't ask my parents for money either, they know I just gamble it away. I don't know what to do but hit the bottle.
>>
>>23316938
Never gotten lucky?
I've met a couple women who seemed nice, and one I'm in a very serious relationship with now.
Apps don't mean shit, it's just women you're meeting up with at the end of the day.
In some ways it's even better, cause you can tell right away something about them.
>>
>>23316630
None of those things are action or adventure
>>
>>23316845
How is anti-traditional great? Having no traditions of any kind is not great. There is no national identity or heritage to bind all people. It used to be God, now no one believes in anything but the self, which leads to pure chaos and disorder. This is a very bad thing.
>multi-ethnic
This isn't necessarily a bad thing if everyone believes in God and national identity but since we don't have that it is very bad. 50 years ago when immigrants came over they made an effort to learn our language and become part of American culture. Now that we don't have one, they come over and don't learn our language or customs and act like they own the place. Again, this is a very bad thing.
>>
>>23316946
where and how?
>>
>>23316938
Honestly man I'm just looking to fuck around and this seems like the easiest way to accomplish that
>>
>>23316941
Who cares? Landlords are parasites themselves. Better than killing yourself anywah
>>
>>23316946
It's an inorganic and fake way to meet someone, generally speaking. I have gotten dates on them but they are always phony and not how they look on the app. Maybe I'm too picky.

I'm glad that it lead to a serious relationship for you and you had a better experience but I still believe they are a really bad thing in general. I would rather someone go out to bars on the weekend and talk with strangers than sit in their room swiping. At least the former is real interaction. My 2 cents.
>>
>>23316932
Aren’t they effectively banned from holding office anyway?
>>
>>23316923
It's insane to me there are anons who are so bad at life that they bet hundreds of dollars they cannot afford to lose days before rent is due. Absolutely mind-boggling.
>>
>>23316946
Its dehumanizing. I matched with women but it felt fucking awful. There's something seriously wrong with people if they're willing to accept that life. If rather be a virgin.
Its so fucked up.
>>
>>23316903
It’s all relative. If you’re not around, you were supposed to be around. If you are around, you were supposed to provide materially.
>>
afd?

race war NOW
>>
>>23316953
cringe. Are anons seriously that lonely? Is it really that hard to stay chaste til you find someone you love and care about? Maybe this generation really is evil and depraved beyond all hope.
>>
>>23316952
The serious one I found on Bumble.
>>23316962
I've had my share of women show up and be waaaaay more FAT than on the picture. One of them was straight up criminal. Made her pay for the date as well for tricking me.

If we had a society where people went out to meet other people sure it would be better. But that's not our society. Aren't most relationships started by dating apps these days?

I don't see it as a huge problem. You use the app for 3/4 messages and immediately get off of them and go on a date. No time spend on that shit.
>>
>>23316817
Technophilic as opposed to mere use of technology. There is a difference.

>>23316845
No, they all made the military powerful and a small minority very wealthy in nominal terms. That’s it.
>>
>>23316920
>liberal
Don't insult me like that.
>voting
As if that makes a difference.

>>23316905
America and Australia have much better economies than this old people's home of a continent.

>>23316940
I don't know if I would agree. I don't see the beurocracy of the government as the main problem. It's more the executive branch that is compromised. It doesn't matter who you elect. They are have all attended the same WEF programs and been brought up into the system. They are all neoliberals. They have different political flavours but no real opposition, partly because their entire support base is funded by the elite behind the scenes and they would be immediately dropped if they dare challenge the wants of the establishment.
>>
>>23316971
Whats the point when all the girls are doing it? I'm not going to be the virgin who has to get with some single mom.
No point in fake shit like chastity when all the girls are fucking and your body is going to fall apart in 10 years
>>
>>23316973
>Technophilic as opposed to mere use of technology. There is a difference.

If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind expanding on this?
>>
going crazy right now. work chick hits all my spots. I want her. I don't want to be in a relationship but I. want. her. feels weird. I'm a goddamn weirdo and she will say no. fucking hell
>>
>>23316962
I thought only normies go to bars. Drunk normies are even worse.
>>
>>23316965
There was a promo going on this gambling app.
If I got lucky I would have been able to book a trip to some tropical island.
Alas, I gambled and lost and must now find a way to scrape together roughly seven hundred bucks.
>>
>>23316972
So fucking depressing. Why even bother. I hate the internet
>>
>>23316969
you could provide an ear and wisdom.
>>
>>23316981
You're saying this in defense of dating apps...
>>
>>23316983
Are you a man or a woman?
boo hoo depressing!
Shape up nigga and pay with the hand you're dealt.
>>
>>23316974
All you Europeans, even the ones who think you're not liberal, come to America, are appalled at how different America is to Europe, and become Bernie Sanders types. You are not prepared for America
>>
>>23316972
>If we had a society where people went out to meet other people sure it would be better. But that's not our society.
That is definitely still our society. Go out to any bar on the weekends in a major city and they are full of people. And why do you think they are there? To meet new people. If they weren't there for that, they would stay at one of their friends apartments and drink/smoke instead of going out in public, paying 3x more money for the experience.

This should also teach anons to not be afraid to approach and talk to people at bars, since they are there to meet new people. Yes it needs to happen regularly and organically and not be forced but it isn't very hard for me and my friend when we go out to read the bar, find two ladies who are there alone and are clearly single, approach them, and start talking.

Sounds like you have better discipline with dating apps than most anons. That's good at least. But you're the exception that proves the rule.
>>
>>23316989
Nah man. There's something seriously seriously wrong with this whole thing. This really just isn't right. It smell
>>
>>23316907
>How does being multi ethnic make America great?
You get the best that each country/culture/ethnicity has to offer.
>Does that imply homogeneous societies cannot be great?
Yes. No culture is perfect and if you have a homogeneous society you will have gaping flaws that are very hard to fix. See Germany. See Japan.
>>
>>23316995
Cry about it.
>>
>>23316988
I don't like dating apps either, but nor I like bars. They both are filled with normies. Its only difficult to find non normies irl
>>
>>23316979
NTA. You should read Man and Technics by Spengler
>>
>>23316940
Progressive leftism is the spiritual successor to original democratic/enlightenment values tbqh. This should honestly be our wake-up call that democracy, enlightenment, etc. were always kinda bullshit ideas and western europeans honestly just rode the waves of success owing to their generally superior IQs.
>>
>>23316991
This doesn't describe a single bar near me and yes I'm in a city.
Also I don't like the people who go to bars and I don't drink.
>>
>>23316976
>Whats the point when all the girls are doing it?
Yeah and that doesn't make it right. They are sluts who aren't worth your time. I wish every day I were still a virgin, unironically. You're really embarrassing anon. Zero self control and childlike mindset. Maybe one day, you'll grow up.
>>
>>23316982
You're an idiot with an obvious gambling addiction. I used to think I was a loser, but you've got me beat. Thanks for the confidence boost today, I needed it.
>>
>>23316998
Normies are all online
What are you talking about?
Do you think using 4chan and liking anime makes you not a normie?
>>
>>23316990
Actually lots of Europeans who are nominally on the left, go to America and get extremely annoyed by the woke crowd. We don't have that shit over here.
But most of the immigrants to America that I know love it over there.
>>
>>23317004
It feels worse to be a handholdless kissless virgin at 30 surrounded by single moms anon. Trust me. And when I say that people make the worst assumptions of me possible.
>>
>>23317003
I've lived in Manhattan, Washington DC, Portland OR, and Boston, MA. In all those cities, pretty much every bar in the bar district is packed to the brim on weekends. I've also lived in college towns and it's like a free for all at the college bars on weekends. You'd have to be literally retarded or look like Elephant Man to not be able to pull a chick at a college bar when they clear out.
>>
>>23317002
So what do you suggest?

>>23317001
Good rec but what I was asking was how does America standout and differ from the other Western and technological societies.
>>
>>23316998
>Its only difficult to find non normies irl
idk people can spot you're not normal in public pretty easy, you just don't want to talk to non normies
>>
>>23317006
Least you can do is tell me how to get some money by next week.
Laugh all you want but I don't think it was all my fault. They prey on my addiction like this.
>>
>>23317007
This. I die laughing when I see 4channers call out 'normies', as if they aren't their own special breed of 4chan normie, who use the same wojak/pepe edits as everyone else, who use the same greentext 'inside jokes' as everyone else, who think it's cool to say 'nigger' and 'faggot' like everyone else. Your average 4chan user is as normie as they come.
>>
>>23317009
You're viewing this from entirely the wrong aspect. Clearly living a Godless life. No matter what you do, you will find life miserable until you submit to God. That simple, really. It's not what you want to hear, but it's what you need to hear.
>>
>>23317010
Anon all those cities are in the old parts of America. Of course the bars are good there.
You know what I do when I go to a bar? I drive through horrible traffic to the ghetto warehouses and aside from me there are 6 other men there. That's It. Every bar has been like this. Deserted. And they're all a total pain in the ass to get to.
Also I don't drink so I just get told to leave
>>
>>23317009
It is worse.
I hate anons who do all sorts of exciting things and then turn around and say it's not worth it, stay a virgin straight edge, going to church 2x a day guy.
It's just so disgusting how they tell people it's not worth doing anything.
>>
>>23316996
>You get the best that each country/culture/ethnicity has to offer.
Not in my experience. You get the most surface level aspects of a culture and then all the dead weight. There is then self segregation and ethnic conflict. I've complained about living in Los Angeles before. The Chinese and Mexicans totally self segregate and absolutely hate each other.
Of course there's been enough studies to suggest that less homogeneity leads to greater loneliness and low levels of trust. I see no problems with Japan and Germany.
>>
>>23317002
>Progressive leftism is the spiritual successor to original democratic/enlightenment values tbqh.

Nah, I don't see it. Like every other philosophy/ideology it is good in moderation. Tearing down tyrannical structures is good. I don't want to live under no fucking lord and no fucking king.
But at some point when you start defining every life aspect as a hierarchy to be eliminated it just becomes untenable.
>>
>>23317018
No one's going to be a monk, dumb faggot.
He would be better off trying to find a woman or doing something with his life.
>>
>>23317014
Oh, really? Did 'they' force the app to stay installed on your phone? Did 'they' force you to submit the bet? Fucking pathetic. You're pathetic.
>>23317019
which city do you live in?
>>
>>23317008
All the data suggests that immigrants, even those from Europe, by a super majority vote Democrat.
>>
>>23317018
Dude what
So I'm just supposed to die alone now?
You're just weaponizing religion. That's the most anti Christian shit I ever read. I'm literally catholic and was born into this.
>>
>>23317015
>>23317013
>>23317007
ok smartasses, then where do you go to find people irl that at least you know are as autistic as most of us here on this thread.
>>
>>23317023
We still live under lords and kings, they just go by different names. it always ends up as the same old game under different rules/names. Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>23317019
People east of the Mississippi don't realize just how different western America is. I speculate that at some point in the distant future the Mississippi will be the border for two new countries which were formerly the United States
>>
>>23317030
You don't. This the big fucking problem
The decent girls who actually are like you do not go outside period.
If you go in dating apps and go to bars what are you going to find? The same annoying girls from highchool that didn't interest you to begin with only now they're older.
>>
>>23317030
The fact you have to ask how to find people tells me you'll never get it. It's like you're not even a real person. This board is so pathetic. This site is so pathetic. No wonder the entire internet makes fun of 4chan users, which is really saying something.
>>
>>23317034
Its impossible to find people
>>
>>23317021
>Of course there's been enough studies to suggest that less homogeneity leads to greater loneliness and low levels of trust. I see no problems with Japan and Germany.

Are you meming right now? Are you pulling my leg? Both Japan and Germany have much worse levels of loneliness than the US. You literally have no idea.
One of the great things about the US, is that you start a conversation with a stranger relatively easy and it won't take long before you are invited to their place.
Both Germany and Japan are renowned for being very insular cultures where it takes ages to get any kind of friendly invitation.

Your idea of what a "homogeneous society" looks like is a pure fantasy. People hate each other for different. Nobody is going to be high fiving each other all day long for being all the same race, lol.
>>
>>23317025
I'm not hearing any ideas on how to make money by next week??
And sure I share some of the blame, but they send me notifications, they send me a vision of a future where I have enough money to get by.
They play on me.. One fucking roll of the roulette and I would have been golden. I can't promise I won't do it again, but I feel like I learned something from this. If only I can get back on my feet now.
>>
>>23317024
>>23317029
and I didn't tell him to be a monk, did I? I didn't tell you to die alone, did I? Emotional children. And if you were a Christian you wouldn't be trying to find some random dating app whore to lose your virginity to.
>>
>>23317027
Yeah, well, don't worry I ain't gonna go to the US to waste my time with your stupid politics. I will buy a piece of land somewhere quiet away from the crowds and enjoy my life.
>>
>>23317029
Catholics are barely Christian. You guys dont even read the Bible. Jesus says himself:
Matt. 19:12
For there are eunuchs who were born so from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs because of the kingdom of the heavens. He who can accept it, let him accept it.

Paul then also recommends a life of chastity and virginity but concedes most men are incapable of this. His prescription is to get married so as to restrain his sexuality, not indulge it.
>>
>>23317020
Every guy who has had sex say its not a big deal and makes fun of me or tell me to go to a prostitute

Meanwhile I'm dying of loneliness and it feels like they're from a different fucking planet. Its not even abut sex anymore. I just want a hug and someone to understand me
>>
>>23317040
Using God's name to preach hate and derision like you are has to be worse than being an atheists you're poisoned.
>dating app where
Never said this by the way
>>
>>23317040
I'm not a virgin, I just hate people like you who use the same cliche nonsense to keep someone from seeing his situation as it really is.
It's bleak. More bleak that some guy who had a few flings and nothing more.
Stop trying to portray male virginity as some great thing, it sucks.
>>
>>23317044
>Paul then also recommends a life of chastity and virginity but concedes most men are incapable of this. His prescription is to get married so as to restrain his sexuality, not indulge it.
BASED Christian who knows his scripture.
>>
>>23317033
That's a big problem. I agree with you. The decent ones don't really date. They get referred to by friends.
>>
>>23317044
So much for go forth and multiply
>>
>>23317045
It's almost like what you want and what you're talking about(sex) are two completely different things!
>>
>>23317034
then teach us oh great almighty knowitall
>>
>>23317037
>One of the great things about the US, is that you start a conversation with a stranger relatively easy and it won't take long before you are invited to their place.
This is an aspect of white American culture and has nothing to do with diversity.
>Both Germany and Japan are renowned for being very insular cultures where it takes ages to get any kind of friendly invitation.
Germans have an expression: Americans are soft on the outside but hard on the inside. Germans are hard on the outside but soft on the inside. Local communities which are gatekept and curated are not a bad thing.
>Nobody is going to be high fiving each other all day long for being all the same race, lol.
And nobody high fives each other for being a different race. I already cited the studies that show how diversity kills community. You just threw emotive speculation at me
>>
>>23317056
No. Its just that people like you think I'm only talking about sex. Don't put the blame on me for your own bias.
>>
>>23317045
I've given out the advise to go fuck a whore in these threads before.
Get it over with. For me it did wonders at 22. No cloud hanging over you of being a virgin. After that you can work on finding a woman, but if you feel like it's handicapping you, just get it over with.
>>
>>23317046
How have I preached hate and derision?
>>23317049
As >>23317044 highlighted, In 1 Corinthians Paul explicitely states we are supposed to be chaste our whole lives if possible. Most men just don't have the self control. Male virginity is a great thing, unironically. You have no idea how lucky you are.
>>
>>23317030
>where do you go to find people irl that at least you know are as autistic as most of us
>anon wants my autistic adventure schedule
>probably because he has none of his own
>>
>>23317044
>Catholics are barely Christian.
More Christian that you fake ass bitches.
>You guys dont even read the Bible.
You read whatever you want in the Bible.
>>
>>23316998
you can find non-normies at underground shows or certain bars. and usually, they surround themselves with non-normies so if you find one, you can find others.
>>
>>23317055
Go forth and multiply, not go forth and fornicate with tinder nurses
>>
>>23317058
So funny. Just leave your house as a means to pursue what you love. Not complicated. You obviously love nothing and are passionate about nothing, or this would be obvious to you, so is it any wonder no one wants to be with you? And when you do go out, women probably smell your desperation a mile away and literally flee from you. You'll never 'get it'.
>>
>>23317062
Paul can go suck a dick. You're not convincing anyone.
>>
>>23317061
Thats not what the fucking issue here is how the fuck can you think thats good advice in 2024.
Someone saying
>I'm a virgin I've never touched a girl
Is explaining just how much of a far gone loser they are
IT IS NOT A PLEA FOR SEX
Its just a qualifier.

I already tried a prostitute. I backd out. I just couldn't do it.
>>
>>23317070
Maybe one day, you'll understand. Until then, you'll be a bitter, angry internet man that no one respects. Hell, no one probably knows you exist. If you died today, would anyone even notice? Would anyone be effected?
>>
>>23317071
>I already tried a prostitute. I backd out. I just couldn't do it.
Well then you're simply not going to make it.
I won't sugarcoat it by saying it's a virtue, you're just incapable.
>>
>>23317073
Thats not very Christian
>>
>>23317065
this sounds like you already need to know non normies to find such places
>>23317068
women? Im looking for a friend, my hopes is that I never meet you, you are a prick
>>
>>23317073
I'm engaged and expected to become a father. Yes people would notice.
Sorry less and less people are caring about your view of what is a virtue or not. Get used to it.
>>
>>23317059
>Germans are hard on the outside but soft on the inside. Local communities which are gatekept and curated are not a bad thing.
That's not compatible with modern life, where one often has to move multiples times in their lives for job/family related reasons. Germans are always living in the past.

I like how a bunch of outcasts and rejects who end up on 4chan cause they are too weird to be on instagram and facebook talk about community, as if you would feel at home with a bunch of normies.
>>
>>23317078
You're right, it's not. I'm actually just taking pleasure in making fun of you right now, which is sinful in nature. Lord, forgive me.
>>
>>23317076
Whats your suggestion kill myself? Why even say this?
>>
>>23317084
Internet larpers man. You're not religious at all. It's just fashion.
>>
>>23317081
>women? Im looking for a friend, my hopes is that I never meet you, you are a prick
No, anyone in general. It's so easy to make friends if you are out in the world pursuing what you love. You will very quickly meet like minded people who love the same things as you and become friends with them. This site is really pathetic. Maybe the wakeup call I need to leave here.
>>
>>23317085
I'm not falling for it again.
I'm not going to give out tips and advice only for someone to throw it back in my face.
Go find it yourself, I'm not going to waste my time in a thread like that again.
>>
>>23317090
Its not my fault I was born without anything I liked. I'm not a mean or unfriendly guy. But I just can't find anything to care about. I don't understand why you have to insult and kick me while I'm down here
>>
>>23317091
You've never given advice though. I keep asking you and you won't give any. You've been saying this for months now.
What was your advice last time? Go to bars? Then you threw a tantrum when I explained that I already do that
>>
>>23317089
Well first of all it seems I'm talking to two different people when I meant to speak with one. But while my message was harsh (would anyone even notice if you died?), I was saying that to put it in perspective, to lend a frame of reference. If no one in the world would notice your death, it testifies to the fact you did nothing: were lazy, slothful, didn't labor towards anything, and didn't effect no one. You didn't let your light shine in the world, because if a light goes out, the world notices. If the sun suddenly went out, the world would notice. So it wasn't necessarily negative or hateful. I was just trying to lend some perspective to finally wake you up, to get you to actually do something.
>>
>>23317083
That's modern American life which is alienating and dehumanizing. Moving around a lot sucks, which I can tell you as someone who as moved around a lot.
>I like how a bunch of outcasts and rejects who end up on 4chan cause they are too weird to be on instagram and facebook talk about community, as if you would feel at home with a bunch of normies.
Are you excluding yourself from that assessment? You, the one and only 4chan user who isn't a weirdo outcast? I have accepted that I'm a rootless cosmopolitan. It's not my ideal but I make it work. The data shows that diversity is a net negative on all social function. There's no argument against me.
>>
wwoym blows now. Just dating advice general
>>
>>23316351
My favorite writers who lived at any time before the Renaissance are Seneca, the guy known to us as Longinus, and Catullus. They seem weirdly advanced to me, each with a certain careless power of description that takes me there, reliably.
>>
>>23317099
Well there's a pretty severe problem where people just cannot meet each other. Its not just a 4chan thing.
>>
>>23317081
over time it gets easier to find yourself in the places after you meet enough people but i initially just scoured facebook/instagram for DIY shows, art galleries and introduced myself to people. to be honest though you will still find a type of normiedom in these places after you've been around long enough and it can get annoying but nonetheless it beats going to 90% of bars and talking to genuine glassy-eyed normies.
>>
>>23317099
It's just today's thread. When it dies the new one will be different
>>
>>23317106
99% of the world is not having that problem. People are meeting eachother every day. It's a pretty severe problem when 4chan shut-ins think their lonely, isolated station in life is common throughout the world.
>>
>>23317108
Please give me advice. I'm lonely. I want a girlfriend. Why is this wrong
>>
>>23317096
Like I said, I'm not going to do it again.
People who haven't figured out how to find a woman are just impossible. Especially after a certain age.
Go read Game by Roosh V or something, that helped me back in the day.
>>
>>23317113
Young people are having less sex than ever. Stop pretending that it's not a phenomenon larger than just 4chan shut-ins.
>>
>>23317113
Numbers don't lie. There's a male loneliness epidemic and GenZ is finding it hard to date at all.
You can't brush this under the rug forever..
How long will you pretend this isn't a problem? Until your son comes up to you at age 28 and explains he just can't find a girl?
>>
>>23317115
There's nothing wrong with being lonely and wanting gf. Advice? Learn to be social. That's the only way. How to do that? Idk figure it out. Is it worth making 100 posts in a writing general? No.
>>
>>23317116
Oh God you're one of those
>>
>>23317124
>>23317125
I can't speak for younger generations, but as a bartender in a major city, I see dozens, some times hundreds of strangers meeting eachother and leaving together literally every day. I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>23317129
What do you mean learn to be social? Where? What am I supposed to do? I'm not in school anymore. Everyone just sits at home. I'm the only fucking guy who spends time outside.
>>
>>23317098
>The data shows that diversity is a net negative on all social function. There's no argument against me.

No it doesn't and I'm frankly bored of this argument.
Just be open and say that you don't like non-whites cause it ruins the aesthetics.

I personally don't care. They never bothered me any more than my own people do.
>>
>>23317134
Are you only going to populated places when it rains?
>>
>>23316351
that's weird i used the exact same frame more or less in my sixth form film studies essay
>>
>>23317135
All my friends are non white. You just be honest and admit that you're pro diversity because you fetishize non whites.
>>
>>23317131
Have fun staying a virgin.
Might as well get your penis removed, you don't use it anyway.
>>
>>23317132
I know 1 relationship in my entire social circle. Everyone else is fucking lonely and miserable. They're either virgins, seeing prostitutes, and constantly getting fucked figuratively and literally on dating apps.
This is an age range from 21-34
Nobody can fucking meet anyone.
All the singles i know just complain and wish they were like our mutual friends who are the only successful couple they've seen.
Stop pretending this doesn't exist. This is a group of 20+ people. When I go to bars its just 40+ singles and the bars are nearly always empty.
>>
>>23317139
Very close to the exact same frame. OP here, I took this screenshot in December for the /film/ thread in /tv/ when we were talking about arthouse. Would have been really wild if we both capped it at almost the exact same time.
>>
>>23317145
I'd sell my testicles if organ selling was a thing so this isn't the insult you think it is..
My problem isn't being attractive to girls either. It's finding them at all. Plenty of girls were into me during school. I turned them down though
>>
>>23317150
>Plenty of girls were into me during school
yeah, 10 years ago.
Just donate your penis to some FtM, it might get some action that way.
>>
>>23317145
based /lit/ bully. /lit/cels need to leave and never come back. Or at least take their sob story to /adv/ or something.
>>23317146
brother the bars I work at are flooded with guys and girls in their 20's and early 30's. COVID hurt social interaction some but since then bars have never been busier. I see it literally every day man. It has never been easier to chat up people at bars. Maybe you live in some flyover shithole but in major cities it is so easy to get chicks. Just face the music that you and your friend group are all ugly, awkward and don't have game. That isn't the norm though. Hell I'm getting numbers most nights and meeting up with people after work. It's mind-boggling anons think it is some magical ability to be social. I'm not even that charming.
>>
>>23317153
It was 4 years ago and I'm still the exact same and kept fit. If anything I look better now. Not sure what you're so upset over
>>
>>23317147
i wrote that 5 years ago
great minds ...
>>
>>23316451
That's pretty much me every time I fell for someone, my mind get overrun by her image cannot think about anything else, constantly comparing her to all the women in my everyday and deciding that she is too perfect
>>
>>23317158
He's upset you're shitting up this board with your bitching. Yeah yeah, we get it, you're an awkward /lit/cel who can't get any because he has zero game, or is asexual. Keep that shit to yourself, no one care.s
>>
>>23317158
I'm upset that another thread has been derailed by some virgin loser.
>>
>>23317107
>facebook/instagram
well shit. Don't have either, nor I was ever planning to have either.
>>
>>23317156
I don't live in a flyover I live in a major city on the coast. Honestly man just stop. Stop pretending this isn't a thing. The numbers don't lie. You don't think there's a reason complains about this has gone up on 4chan? You think it's the same people over and over? No. Its every 16-23 year old going into the world and find out its fucking empty. Tons of articles talking about this problem.
>>
>>23316855
>>23316860
Politics just suck. They fuck you.
>>
>>23317164
>muh game
Gross.
>>
>>23317161
Based film buff *fist bumps*
>>23317171
You're spending too much time on the internet. Get out into the real world. From behind bar I watch it literally every days, dozens of people meeting and leaving bars together. Where they go after and what they do, I don't know, but I see friend groups meeting and expanding literally every day. I would not lie to you about this anon. I sympathize with your loneliness but only to an extent. I see a different reality. You are spending too much time online and not in the real world. It's sad.
>>
>>23317176
Social interaction is a game, yes, and you're bad at it. Face the music. If you were good at it, you wouldn't be alone. Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>23317178
I'm out in the real world way more than the average person.
You're a fool. You're only giving anecdotes. This is a huge problem socially. Stop pretending it doesnt exist.
>>
>/lit/ wwoym: Jarmusch fags and people refusing to go outside
This doesn't feel good but it does feel right
>>
File: 1234567654321.jpg (248 KB, 640x955)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>
>>23317185
It doesn't exist for me. I'm just trying to help you. But here's the reality: My love will continue to go on being social and great, and you will continue to be alone. Bye!
>>
>>23317184
Its a game where being bad at it is a mark of a good human
>>
>>23317190
holy cope.
The people socializing are better than you, guaranteed.
>>
I'm literally never home and every second im not at work I'm outside going to park and bars and events. I just can't meet anyone.
>>
>>23317104
That’s funny because for me Virgil is obviously the greatest writer who ever lived.
>>
>>23317190
You're delusional. On the contrary, it's where being good at it is the mark of a good, sensative human, who can read others and adapt his speech and temperament to whatever group he's in. Only a bad human is insensitive to who he's around and acts the same cold, inconsiderate way to everyone. Look in the mirror, anon. You're the problem. Not those around you.
>>
File: IMG_3082.jpg (157 KB, 1179x2556)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
eye = i
>>
>>23317193
Why would you want to be what this society thinks is a good person
>>
>>23317188
cool, now post it on r/4chan
>>
>>23317132
yeah i honestly see this too but at the same time I barely ever see functioning relationships. the only guy I know who has a decent relationship (that he got into post-college) is with a younger girl who is an extreme homebody. all the people i constantly see at bars are constantly swapping partners after a couple of months/weeks and back in the bars.
>>
>>23317200
You being a bad person, obviously doesn't care about it.
A good person sees the good in people and wants to spend their life with other good people.
Bad people like brooding on the internet, sneering at others who live their lives in ways they do not approve of.
>>
Pretty sure it's just "incels" and "normies" getting more stringently self-selected into their social group, so life's a more profound emptiness for more people just as more people are sucking and fucking more often
>>
>>23317198
Well like I said I don't have this problem socializing. The other guy isn't me. I'm friendly and nice. But I'm just describing the issues I have and what I've seen others have. My friend group is pretty diverse they aren't all 4chan people
I'm not sure what this thread has turned into. I don't understand why you're being mean. I'm not ugly or inept at socializing. But there's just something weird going on. Dating seems much harder than what my parents had to do.
>>
>>23317203
What you do with the people you meet, and where those relationships go or not, is up to the individual. All I was trying to say is that it is not inherently true that 'everyone is having this problem (of meeting people) and everyone is lonely". I don't see it. I saw it during COVID and immediately after COVID but I haven't seen it the last year or so.
>>
>>23317212
Saying you observe people hooking up at bars is not contradictory with the idea that everyone is lonely and people struggle to meet eschother.
>>
>>23317198
nta but feel like i'm constantly being told to leave every bit of cynicism or critical thinking at the door - for the greater good. just sign up and shut up. quite an unnerving feeling.
>>
>>23317202
I'll post it on my instagram
>>
>>23317219
>Saying you observe people hooking up at bars is not contradictory with the idea that everyone is lonely and people struggle to meet eschother.
I never said they were hooking up. I'm saying seeing a group of 4 to 6 mixed women and men meeting another group of 4 to 6 women and men and all becoming friends and leaving together. I do see some singles meeting and sparks flying and they leave together, but my main point was I see social groups expanding all the time.
>>23317221
Critical thinking and reasoning skills should be used to know how to adapt to and function in any social situation. They should allow you to live your life more passionately. You should know when to think and use your powers of reason, and when to exist naturally in a situation, and the more reasonable a person is, the better he knows this. Sounds to me, that you aren't as reasonable as you think you are.
>>
"I wanna get based"
"Based on what?"
>>
>>23317229
>I never said they were hooking up. I'm saying seeing a group of 4 to 6 mixed women and men meeting another group of 4 to 6 women and men and all becoming friends and leaving togethe

Yes I do this too. I'm still lonely and struggle to meet a girlfriend.
>>
>>23317212
yeah, but you can be lonely and still participate in this endless partner-swapping. I see it all the time. The root of loneliness has less to do with sex than incels make it out to be and more to do with a general malaise and purposelessness in secular relationships.
>>
I'm tired of anons lonelyposting.
We fucking get it already.
>>
>>23317235
Then I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>23317236
>the incels want sex meme
>>
>>23317236
>The root of loneliness has less to do with sex than incels make it out to be and more to do with a general malaise and purposelessness in secular relationships.
I agree with this much. A relationship is only going to be fulfilling if it is understood within the framework of Christianity and what Christianity says about the cosmological representation of the relationshipm between mand and woman.
>>
>>23317244
i agree its a meme
>>
>>23317240
Then fix it. Mass together and fix this obvious flaw in society. Or at least acknowledge it. Even science and academia sees the problem. Stop shaming people for sharing their stories.
>>
>>23317249
Too bad all my churches suck im going to be alone forever
>>
>>23317251
I fixed my own lonely problem. And helped other close to me.
>Stop shaming people for sharing their stories.
Fucking try and stop me.
I'm here every day at work and I will make you feel even worse about your shitty life.
>>
>>23317253
Sounds like nothing is ever going to satisfy you. You sound depressed, and in a state of constant dismay and despair. Idk that anything will help you but prayer.
>>
>>23317262
No my churches actually do suck though
>>
>>23317251
Misery loves company. They feed you these headlines to stop you from acting out, to get you to hallucinate some kind of brother/sisterhood of loneliness out there that is your friend and is like you and is the unfortunate victim of the same cruel and insatiable forces. It's a cope.
>>
>>23317240
When something is terribly wrong people obsess over it, even more so when they don’t know what to do about it.
>>
>>23317258
>Fucking try and stop me.
>I'm here every day at work and I will make you feel even worse about your shitty life.

based /lit/cel bully.
>>
>>23317266
This is cope
>>
Sad people are always more interesting to read than happy people though. if not for the cels wwoym would just be fags just posting taco shit diaries. americans are such a banal people
>>
>>23317258
Thats beyond pathetic man. You just made me feel better about being a virgin. I own property and retired in my 20s.
>>
>>23317270
>t. coper
>>
>>23317276
I own property too.
Difference being I'm getting married soon and will have a child in about 7 months.
I'll keep you updated, you keep me updated on you crying in bed because you can't find pussy or whatever,
>>
>>23317229
what's bad is bad, and not to be loved in order to make it tolerable; the horribleness of the truly horrible is to be relished for what it is. that's the only way to recover your authenticity.
>>
>>23317286
gay effete sitcom tone. Why are Americans like this
>>
>>23317286
You literally just told me you're so bitter about your life you want to insult people online all day
>>
>>23317291
I'm half European half Caribbean.
>>23317292
I'm not bitter. I'm annoyed that the entire thread is virgins whining about not meeting people. And then ignoring advice on meeting people.
>>
>>23317291
irl too. every yank you talk to it's like they're behind a sheet of plexiglass
>>
>>23317286
>he conceived a child out of wedlock
trashy and degenerate
>>
>>23317298
Anon you're literally always in this thread and you're angry every time. I'm never consistently here but every time I check in you're here. And I know its you because you're always saying the same stuff.
I feel bad for you man. I really can't be upset now. Damn
>>
>>23317287
Yes, what's bad is bad. I never said you need to love what is bad. I am not saying you should seek out and spend time around bad people. But when at work, and surrounded by people who may be vulgar, or crude, or crass, it is not the proper response to act with coldness and cuelty towards them. You must love them in spite of their faults. You must use your reason and wit to operate around their faults. Or would you seriously maintain that you are without faults? To quote Paul, we must "tolerate everything, so nothing comes between you and the Messiah". Christ could have at any moment snapped is fingers, and sent legions of heavenly angels down, to reveal His power and awful majesty. He could have forced everyone to bow down before Him. But He never did that, because that isn't love. You need to learn to tolerate the bad and love people in spite of their faults, because Christ loves you in spite of your faults. If you don't, you will remain cold, bitter, alone, and miserable.
>>
File: consider2.jpg (32 KB, 600x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>23317023
>I don't want to live under no fucking lord and no fucking king.
Anon... you do realize the monarchy wasn't arbitrary, right? Aristocrats were genuinely the best people in society because when social mobility was high, they had the brains to put themselves into the right places. Maybe a genius is born into a low place on accident sometimes like Ramanujan, but men like him are far and away the exception.
>>
>>23317303
Nah evil is evil
>>
>>23317286
So somebodys future father is on 4chan who enjoys bullying people on internet. Can't wait until you become a deadbeat and start hitting your wife and the kid.
>>
>>23317308
You're stupid. I don't know why I even bother, you won't listen anyone. Last time I try to help someone in these threads, I'm just going to go back to making fun of and mocking people like you.
>>
>>23317298
>half Caribbean
>having a child out of wedlock
lemme guess, your gf is a fat lower-middle class white chick with tattoos?
>>
>>23317314
Evil is evil! Says a lot if that offends you
>>
>>23317303
the reason prometheus couldn't get away from his vulture was because he was keen on it, and not the other way round. the one indispensable answer to an environment bristling with things you think are bad is to go on finding out new ways in which you think they're bad. to forbid this sort of thing on moral grounds would have been to condemn moses and his fellow-israelites for defending themselves against their enemies in the wilderness, and joshua for seizing the Promised Land.
>>
>>23317319
It doesn't offend me, what offends me (if anything) is you didn't even read what I wrote. If you did, you'd know I agree that Evil is evil, but humans aren't inherently evil. We do good or bad things, virtuous things or evil things. What matters is loving people in spite of the bad they do, because we do evil and bad ourselves, and to think we don't, to think we don't sin and don't fall into evil habits or actions sometimes, is delusion.
>>
>>23317196
Somehow epic of any kind doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather anyone tell me about what life is like for them, especially in the domestic sense, in writing or not. In my experience it's a kind of rare quality, to be easily forthcoming about things close to the senses.
>>
>>23317328
Evil is evil though
>>
>>23317305
>Aristocrats were genuinely the best people in society
Gayest shit I've read all day. Go visit a BDSM dungeon if you like being a bottom bitch.
>>
>>23317331
Name a single one retard. You're fucking stupid to deny Virgil and dante and homer
>>
>>23317331
Your skin is gorilla black
>>
How to be funny without being cringy?
>>
>>23317339
Not him but Cicero and Seneca talking shit about each others home decor is actually a thing
>>
>>23317331
did you read the odyssey?
strength is felt everywhere in the iliad, but it's the sweetness which fascinates us throughout the odyssey. rarely in the iliad does grandeur or force give way to allow domestic affection, in the odyssey the family life supplies the tissue into which is woven the thread of the poem.
>>
>>23317356
And this is superior to the greatest philosophy and poetry of our species?
Kill yourself now
>>
I fucking hate when these threads turn into stupid discussions about dating advice and how to get women. Actually makes me miss the schizos and suicideposters.
>>
>>23317362
Anon, if you think Cicero's ghost won't lawyer your retarded ass into complete obscurity, you have read zero philosophy
>>
>>23317368
I don't care about KICK-ero.
>>
>>23317371
Probably why you're such a dumb kunt
>>
>>23317374
Kike rote down nothing of substance
Any surprise he was a lawyer?
>>
>>23317367
its the same posters but they cycle in and out of all these phases on a month-to-month basis.
>>
>>23317339
I don't deny any of those, least of all Dante, who I regard as a special case. It's simply that I regard all epic as one mode or other of fantasy. I suppose it depends on the standard of living you're used to.
>>
>>23317379
kekekekekekoax, sorry to hear you can't read greek or latin
>>
>>23317104
Thank you for the reading list. I've never read anything but YA and fantasy but I will start with these people
>>
>>23317337
Slave mentality
>>
>>23317399
Slaves were more based than aristocrats
>>
File: kingsley245x300.jpg (24 KB, 245x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
fearing the lonely dark above all other things, he was able to end his days in the crowded light
>>
>>23317403
hmm okay buddy back to the fields with you
>>
>>23317408
Sick. Do you know how ripped ill get?
>>
i am sticky from meringue
>>
>>23317420
For me its cum
>>
>>23317367
Did suicide-anon kill himself? He hasn't doomposted in a few days
>>
>>23317389
You're too bitchy for me.
>>
>>23317424
still protein
>>
>>23317430
It supplements my onions protein isolate
>>
>>23317437
my meringue is supplementing the lemon and pastry base, but whatever works for you and your family
>>
fuck you people I will NOT let you move on
someone please help me get a girlfriend its all I want in life its my ultimate goal and my purpose
>>
File: IMG_0637.jpg (34 KB, 540x279)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>23316351
Why is marriage a public affair but divorce is usually a private one? I’m reading some Victor Turner and it’s making me question the “socialness” of rituals.
>>
>>23317442
have you tried luring one in with a lemon meringue pie? I think that could work
>>
>>23317441
Um i don't have family except what's deposited in my anus.
>>
>>23317442
go to /adv/ and post in HTGWG then faggot
>>
>>23317350
Black as Lord Chesterfield's.
>>
>>23317443
It's a common law hangover where private settlement was easier than the act of parliament divorce. Same thing with announcing the wedding to give time for objection
>>
>>23317446
kek
>>
>>23317454
find the flaw
>>23317447
them too then
>>
>>23316351

I’m working on my fantasy book right now. I’m just having trouble finding motivation and keep second guessing myself. I have to finish it soon, while I have time, since I’ll hopefully be starting a new job at a publishing house in a few weeks.

I just feel like such a loser that I can’t make any progress after years of working on this thing.
>>
I'm a king.
>>
>>23317446
ive been trying the cum meringue pie all these years...
>>
>>23317450
those guys are weird loser pick up artists. Being a virgin is better than that. I'm just not going to take advice from someone who refers to women as pussy
>>
>>23317468
yeah that doesn't whip up right, females will assume things iykwim
>>
>>23317443
Because divorce is shameful and wrong.
To be honest I would outlaw divorce entirely if it was up to me.
>>
>>23317472
no...i have been an utter fool and i am now a wastrel old man... all these years of cum pies....
>>
>>23317479
it's fine just make a key lime one and all's forgotten. key lime pie is nuclear level lemon meringue though, so you might get done for bigamy
>>
Girl started ignoring my messages and I felt like shit because of it because I actually liked her.
Oh well, at least the walk in the city and rum helped it out somewhat
>>
>>23317481
key lime...? impossible. no man can handle that kind of flavor
>>
Damn this thread can move fast sometimes. I'm glad my stupid observation about dating apps sparked so much discussion though.

>>23316971
I do not want to be "chaste," if some dork thinks that's evil then so be it
>>
>>23317490
anon only has to use it to lure the women, he doesn't actually have to stay in florida
>>
>>23317478
Suppose your wife went full-on schizo. What then?
>>
Take it to a fucking discord server you fags, these threads are about people sharing what they’re thinking about. NOT FOR HAVING GAY CONVERSATIONS BECAUSE YOU’RE LONELY
>>
>>23317503
what are you sticky from that stops you reading books?
>>
>>23317466
I'm a regicide
>>
>>23317503
I like cum in my ass and I'm sick of having to hide it. Do you know the specifics of anal sex? The intestinal slime helps lubricate it. Over time your body is conditioned to overproduction to the point where it leaks just like a vagina. Its clear and with a mild arousing odor totally unlike feces. Do you understand? Do you understand what the anus is capable of compared to a vagina? Couple this with the superior streamlined mle form. Its just an obvious choice. I go by Tadzio on apps.
>>
>>23317515
>I go by Tadzio on apps.
Yeah right.
>>
>>23317503
if nobody cares about my problems then why should I care if annoy anyone ? I need to vent and I will vent here.
>>
I grew up in a retirement community. I constantly saw the elderly. It made me realize that growing old shouldn't be the goal in life but in the modern world it is. There is sincerely nothing good about aging. Old people just try to find positives to assuage their family and cope with it. But in truth dying young os beyond superior.
These people live miserable drudgery of lives. If you can call it that.
>>
I feel obliviated.
>>
>>23317502
I'd have her admitted to a hospital for treatment if necessary, then support her through her recovery and make her take her meds.
>>
Humanity should have ended with the Greeks nothing worth after that
>>
The thing on the moon watches us.
>>
Technology should have stopped at the radio and plastic should have never been invented.
>>
>>23317555
nah anon. Postpartum psychosis, get the bitch away from the kids if you have them. You would be surprised how vicious a mom gone feral can do to others.
>>
>>23317532
As generalizations go, this is way too broad. One can be young and also foolish enough to put up with unremitting drudgery, or fall into some sort of cult or other. Of course physical puissance is always nice, but there's nothing awful as losing one's mind.
>>
>>23317571
I hate the Moon, though it makes most people glad,
And they giggle and talk of silvery beams -- you know!
But she says the look of the moon drives people mad,
And that's the thing that always frightens me so.

I hate it worst when it's cruel and round and bright,
And you can't make out the marks on its stupid face,
Except when you shut your eyelashes, and all night
The sky looks green, and the world's a horrible place.

I like the stars, and especially the Big Bear
And the W star, and one like a diamond ring,
But I hate the Moon and its horrible stony stare,
And I know one day it'll do me some dreadful thing.
>>
>>23317593
Their lived were just empty. It was traumatizing. That was my home for the first 25 years of my life. It was horrifying. Every adult in my life prioritized longevity over substance. I feel gaslit. Old age terrified me now in a way it didn't before.
Their lives freely were empty and awful. Devoid of any dignity whatsoever.if that's waiting for you why the fuck do we tell kids to think about retirement? What a joke.
>>
>>23317589
Yeah i'm a big Edwardian era shill too, but I like the talkies so i can't fully back you
>>
>>23317571
It's a rabbit and it's not that concerned
>>
>>23317589
The game disco elysium has a setting thats very much like this and it makes me reflect on how absolutely inhuman our world has gotten.
God damn do I wish I had that. You read the biographies of these old authors and its unreal.
>>
>>23317590
With proper treatment most women can recover from postpartum psychosis within a year at most. I'd have her admitted to a hospital to keep the kids safe until she had made a full recovery, then work to gradually reintegrate her into family life. No reason to keep my kids away from their mom after the psychosis is resolved. Would get a vasectomy after that too, to make sure we don't have any more kids and risk her going psychotic again. Marriage is in sickness and in health, I'm not going to divorce my wife at the time when she needs me most.
>>
>>23316855
i dunno maybe the marxist elite shouldnt have gone on TV and said "we will replace you"
>>
Nobody make another thread for a while. We need some of these posters to go a chatroom first before they make it hit bump limit in 5 hours again. Good lord
>>
>>23317532
Industrialised society have taken away humanoids base purposes. The elderly were once the highest valued members of families, being able to pass on knowledge on how to survive to their descendants.
Now they are utterly useless by most metrics, if theyre lucky they get to be parttime parents to grandchildren (who most times dont do any actual parenting)
>>
How the fuck do I get passed my trust issues if both my parents and even therapists I tried to talk to constantly make regret talking all together. I want to open to people but anytime I do they often find a reason for me to regret it...
>>
>>23317660
>posting is le bad
>>
>>23317672
Everyone i try to talk to about my feelings just tells me they don't understand me or my problems and down the road use it as ammo to make fun of me. I have rotated through 4 therapists who told me they don't think they can help
>>
it was acceptable in the 80s
it was acceptable at the time
>>
>>23317683
>who told me they don't think they can help
I had only one that said that exact phrase but honestly he was the best ouf all of them, others either scamed me or didn't even anwser after a while. Try me anon, maybe Ill understand something.
>>
>>23317605
To be honest I grew up in a big family in suburbia, with 4 siblings, two younger and two older sisters. I remember holidays with my dad's parents, especially my grandfather, who lived to 98. He was a little nutty in some ways, and when I met him for the first time he was over 70, and I was 7. At 80 he maintained a rather nice garden. He wasn't a particularly brilliant guy, but had surprising wit even at 90.
>>
>>23317694
Naw this thread has had enough people like me in it. This use to be a creative thread years ago
>>
>>23317699
wdym exactly by creative?
>>
Leaving for KFC in 30 minutes, so I've become temporarily African American.
>>
>>23317699
how many years ago
>>
Man...I think I really do want to draw. I want to make comics. I did really shifty ones as a kid and my parents told me to never do it again. I tried to keep a journal and it was stolen from me and I get made fun of for it ten years later. I was forced unto college before I had any idea what to do. I was pushed into a computer science track. I was told I'd be worthless if I dropped out. I graduated with a shit gpa and no internships totally burnt out with no sense of self. I've spent the years since graduation as a neet.
Now I'm about to be the same age as hendrix was when he died and I have nothing to show for it...
I feel like I was discouraged at every turn from figuring out who exactly I am..
I feel like I need a strong change of scene from all the people who put me down and force me into bad habits but I don't know how
And I think I finally have an inkling that I want to learn to draw but I'm old and clueless as to how to do that.
I'm a low iq guy who was forced into all this stuff. I was made to believe I'm smart and like computers l...but I don't. I fucking haye computers. They just provided escapism from my hateful life.

I don't know. I just feel bitter now. My life was taken from me and the people who had it didn't even throw me in the right direction
>>
>>23317707
i thought it would make you kencuckean
>>
>>23317251
Okay. Wanna meet up? Where you live?
>>
>>23317186
Explain the Jarmusch to me
>>
File: gw5v0007b8wc1.png (292 KB, 2251x2251)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
I don't think she hacked me, I just think i felt very much guilt and that I'm a very paranoid type. It's nice. It's strange.
>>
you should get a bike with an electrical support engine that you can activate if you get tired or a hill is very tough. it's great, it's great on your body to actually spend time exercising and it's great on the environment.
>>
why havent you posted bait for me on this board yet? nothing better to do, punk?
>>
Why is it always so difficult with women?
>>
>>23317788
>>
>>23317819
Cost?
>>
>>23317819
>great on your body to actually spend time exercising
>great on the environment
also get all your vaccines guys
>>
>>23317883
NTA, but yes. I am also right-wing. Problem?
>>
>>23317819
>it's great on the environment
This can vary
>>
>>23317891
not for me
>>
>>23317660
>Nobody make another thread for a while
I haven't made a thread since 2013
>>
>>23317251
lol. socializing is an exchange of value. if you have nothing of value to offer, no movement will change that. only you possibly can. but youre too lazy and retarded
>>
global caliphate NOW
>>
>>23317918
what was it, a /mu/ last.fm thread?
>>
where do we go from here?
>>
>>23317939
no, I was sharing low quality scans of a book to anon and we agreed to come back and discuss it in 2050
>>
anyone got the time?
>>
>>23317956
1:20
>>
I love in films and tv shows where you see characters repeating something they've heard. It's an amazing little writers tool that you rarely see used.

examples: Tony Soprano, at a loss, shouting 'I know seniors who are inspired!' to his crying mother after his therapist said it earlier, the dude in Big Lebowski using 'in the parlance of our times' wrong, a bit after someone said it to him offhandedly.
>>
>>23317956
If I could just find the time I would never let another day go by
>>
>>23317956
aint nobody got time fo dat
>>
>>23317956
What is time? A secret – insubstantial and omnipotent. A prerequisite of the external world, a motion intermingled and fused with bodies existing and moving in space. But would there be no time, if there were no motion? No motion, if there were no time? What a question! Is time a function of space? Or vice versa? Or are the two identical? An even bigger question! Time is active, by nature it is much like a verb, it both “ripens” and “brings forth.” And what does it bring forth? Change! Now is not then, here is not there – for in both cases motion lies in between. But since we measure time by a circular motion closed in on itself, we could just as easily say that its motion and change are rest and stagnation – for the then is constantly repeated in the now, the there in the here. Moreover, since, despite our best desperate attempts, we cannot imagine an end to time or a finite border around space, we have decided to “think” of them as eternal and infinite – in the apparent belief that even if we are not totally successful, this marks some improvement. But does not the very positing of eternity and infinity imply the logical, mathematical negation of things limited and finite, their relative reduction to zero? Is a sequence of events possible in eternity, a juxtaposition of objects in infinity? How does our makeshift assumption of eternity and infinity square with concepts like distance, motion, change, or even the very existence of a finite body in space? Now there’s a real question for you!
>>
>>23317947
I don’t know
>>
>>23317965
>Anon inadvertently sends me on search for TV show I know isn't online again
>>
New
>>23318103
>>23318103

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.