[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: angry blue.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>life sucks, then you die
>>
>>3488998
get a helmet
>>
Very kino game isn't it?
>>
File: lich4life.jpg (197 KB, 640x480)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>then it still sucks
>>
>>3489708
-25 AC is never worth it. Also
>naming a Contestant after a character with wildly different biography
>>
Did you congratulate SeraBuru with its 20th birthday yet?
>>
>>3490189
No way really? This is one of my favorite jrpgs
>>
THATS WHY WE GET HIGH
CAUSE YA NEVER KNOW WHEN YA GONNA GO
>>
>>3490350

It was on 15th
>>
>>3488998
The ending of this game had me so fucked up
>>
>>3490497
I wish there were more independent games like this
>>
>>3488998
what game
>>
>>3490603
Seraphic Blue
>>
Where do you even dl the english translation of this game?
>>
>>3490702
rpgmaker.net
>>
>>3490702
Just look up 'Seraphic Blue english' and you'll find it, here's a link though:
https://eplipswich.tumblr.com/Seraphic%20Blue
It's also on gamejolt
Btw to anyone curious of trying it the translation isn't perfect but it gets the job done. I imagine it was a hard game to translate since it has so much text and also even its article on wikipedia states Japanese readers had a hard time understanding the game's text at times.
>>3490866
Nah, rpgmaker.net is dead and gone. Very likely to stay that way too. It had a good run but it seems like fate for every rpg maker fansite to bite the bullet.
>>
How is Seraphic Blue so high quality?
Themes, story, atmosphere and OST are AAA RPG level.
>>
>>3492154

Don't forget that the dude alone made it in mere two years (not counting the artists ofc)
>>
>>3492154
Dude probably used the remaining of his lifeforce for that game. After releasing Seraphic Blue, he talked about his next game which would even more bleak and depressing, then he disappeared from the internet.
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy killed himself
>>
>>3492587
More like he got married and lost his edge/spare time.
>>
>>3493114

You can't just ignore games you made for the whole 20+ years. If he was still alive he would've appeared somewhere at some point, just like Demonophobia dev.
>>
>>3493149
Salaryman life is blue.
>>
the game starts with series of insanely pretentious monologues, should I push through either way?what am I getting?
>>
>>3488998
>30 minutes of cutscenes
niggers actually play this shit??
>>
>>3493263
You don't cringe that much when a game not independently published does that
>>
>>3493263
Yes, they all payoff very well considering how fucked the story goes.

>>3493558
Yes, not a problem for me. The japanese fan remix has an option to skip them but that ain't translated and probably never will.
>>
>>3493263
>what am I getting?
Kino.
But it's also worth mentioning that the gameplay itself is very good. The combat is challenging, the equipment system offers lots of viable options, and the Supplement system (auto-healing after each battle that has a set amount, gets refilled at inns/healing points) is a great quality of life feature that moves the game along nicely.
>>
It's a rpgmaker game with all the limitations. But if you can overlook the engine problems and absurdly long cutscenes. If you can embrace the edge and pretentiousness then it's one of the classics.
Better than any JRPG in the past two decades.
>>
File: 1614709058621.png (84 KB, 640x960)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>3493263
>what am I getting?
nuanced debates that bare the nature of man
>>
>>3494105
>this is peak nihilism according to /vrpg/
>>
>>3493263

Just stop, it's not worth it to get more ameritards into the fandom
>>
>>3493263
>he doesn't like insanely pretentious monologues
ngmi
>>
>Nihilism
No thanks I'm not ten.
>>
Games like this further justify my belief that the rpg maker community is just retarded underage ESLs that cannot be trusted to identify quality.
>>
I absolutely love how masterfully this game filters smallbrain zoomers/vtubers/snobby overeducated old farts, leaving only simple, pleasant in communication, and dedicated public. No wonder the dev liked the second disc of Xenogears so much.
>>
File: 118761231_p0_master1200.jpg (407 KB, 621x1200)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
Vene look like that?
>>
>>3494307
The intro is cringe........I don't want to be cringe I want to be based...
>>
>>3494559
Superior seraph genes
>>
>>3494795
It's cringebased like Catcher in the Rye.
>>
Spent probably five consecutive hours trying to beat Meatlicious and his pack of cannibalistic goons afterwards. Glad I suffered through that supremely mind-numbing encounter since that's more or less when the story kicks into high gear and holds your attention the entire way through right up until the end.
Phenomenal game if you don't mind retranslating parts of the script in your head.
>>
>>3495159

Afaik only the mansion owner recollection part was translated absolutely incorrectly, other than that the rest was more or less okay, if a bit clumsy.
>>
>trying to look for more English Seraphic Blue videos
>"The dev is a nazi bc the MC is killing black demons!"

It's all so tiresome ...
>>
>>3495171
>mansion owner recollection part was translated absolutely incorrectly
What was incorrect about it?
>>
>>3495470

In the original text he talked about how he burnt the money he got for his research work, while in the translation he said that he invented a lighter.
>>
>>3495923
appreciate the fansub but we need a professional sub for this edgy gem
>>
File: 1657186850184.jpg (48 KB, 464x417)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>save point in the middle of an exposition dump
>>
>>3496985
it's okay when kojimbo does it
>>
>>3496985
Just like Xenogears
>>
only game where you have a level 100 prostitute in your party by endgame
>>
>>3497209
Level 100 is too low and Foxey is one of the best characters for how rounded out her stats and skills are
>>
>>3497209
Doesn't life fuck over everyone in this game?
>>
>>3497596
Nobody is as constantly miserable as Vene who has nothing to live for
>>
>>3495177
>Reflections on war, one's justification of combat and how it compounds their worldview, a literal combat between science and spirit involving angels.
>"Haha... Wow. This angsty teenager likes killing monsters. Erm... This sucks."
>Game about mere interpersonal flailing and that it's okay to be borderline intolerable and mentally ill because society shelters you from any real conflict aside from worrying about friends.
>"Wow this helped me cope with my daughter's suicide :D"
I know the feeling...
>>
>>3497801
If its on a console its mature and artistic and if its RPG Maker its edgy amateur crap because uhhhhhh
>>
>>3497789
She had Lake.
>>
>>3497808
You mean Fritz
>>
>>3491691
>"Nah, rpgmaker.net is dead and gone."
>checked
>it's real
The fuck did those clowns do with the degicabucks? There's so much on that site that's gone for good, fucking Playism all over again.
>>
>>3495177

You mean this one?
https://youtu.be/RqyCcC2gHjc?si=Wsj5j2SwFHBvt-xd
>>
>>3494105
lel.
>>
What does the Blue in Seraphic Blue symbolize?
>>
>>3498379
The color of your balls while waiting for the cutscenes to finish so you can play the game again
>>
Do elemental attack spheres affect your basic physical attacks?
>>
How comes the game's manual translated to Russian but not to English?
>>
The beginning of this game is brutal, how are you supposed to solo the dungeons with just Lake?
>>
>>3498435

Use skills on poisonous enemies because skills never miss. Also, buy healing bottles and upgrade them
>>
Friendly reminder that some autist extracted and compiled all the story text including the discarded happy ending

https://mega.nz/file/Pss0xJ7C#744hYVptnjgR4kFxFNRp4GT8Lu3pViBbkQAiYvBVNYU
>>
Iirc no, except for weapons that has attributes on them.
>>
>>3498443
>discarded happy ending
Why would this possibly be a good idea with how the rest of the game is
>>
>>3499073
There are plenty of games to coddle you with the saccharine shit, let bad ends happen.
>>
>>3499073
There's always a playtester who whines when they got get their "happy" ending. Some people cannot handle it.
They even resort to fanfiction that destroys the themes of the original work. Which makes you wonder why they even bothered with the original work.
>>
>>3495177
Don't tell them about black creature genocide in Sonic.
>>
>>3499073

Because it's more fitting considering the story and the mc motivation?
>>
>>3499073
Because the game is a bout muh suffering, life sucks, justifying abortion and other bullshit typical of a cuck. What did you expect? Play other games if you want non shitty endings.
>>
Do people really consider this game edgy? Have they ever played drakengards or, I dunno, demonophobia? Dogma series?
>>
>>3499668
The shitty ending is the main character deciding to have children when the have spent the entire game hating their life and both her and her partner have had miserable lives that stunted them developmentally (as the game itself states). The ending the game actually has is a happy ending, where Vene is at least trying to have a life
>>
>>3500107
MC starts as a edgy emo teen despite being an adult and becomes more hopeful and optimistic over the game.
The other characters start more cheerful and steadily get ground down by the world.
>>
oh my god this fucking 7-headed serpent
>>
>>3500123
I don't think you paid attention to the game
>>
>>3501125
>implying he made it past the third episode
>>
>>3501179
Its not surprising but disappointing that he says Lake is just an emo teen when there are numerous scenes dedicated to asking what the fuck is wrong with him
>>
>>3500777
>foxey offers sex
>lake refuses
>his life gets steadily worse
Lake would've been happier if he was a coomer.
>>
>>3501291

>Lake is a horny murderhobo
>rapes unconscious Vene
>Vene is pregnant now
>Woops turns out she's his mommy
>In the end Vene has a child that's most likely will either be born as retarded as Doris, or just abused to the core by schizo mama Vene

Would be Kino, unironically
>>
>bosses immune to status effects
why bother using that sphere, why are japs so allergic to status effects lmao even the indie ones are like this
>>
>>3502129
There are bosses who can be affected by status effects tho
>>
>>3502129
That is a common criticism of the game but I personally don't find it to be an issue, since the fights still require a good amount of strategy.
Also, the status effects would be way too OP on bosses. I suppose a workaround the author could've done is to make them have lessened effects on bosses but I guess he didn't feel like bothering with it.
>>3502138
Isn't it just the one dude who you pretty much have to use poison to kill? I don't remember any others.
>>
>>3502129
The status effects are too powerful on bosses. They're meant to punish the player.
>>
>>3502129
the game's take on status inflicted on players is good enough that i can ignore this
i like how punishing some of them are, how they stack, and that they just stick to you even when you're fucking dead (clear on death would be too strong to be fair given how disposable lives are with revive accessibility)
it's pretty thematically fitting
nocturne rebirth handled player-inflicted status well imo
>>
>>3502274
He should've made status effects affect bosses with weaker effects or unique effects per boss.
But he's gone now.
>>
>>3488998
>get cucked by Ewan
>get cucked by Fritz
>give up everything for her
>she barely cares about you
Lake...
>>
>>3504422

She did care though in the moment he died.
>>
>>3502274
>equips all green
>>
>>3504422
She knows how fucked up it is
>>
Who is really at fault? Gaia?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.