[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cc.png (19 KB, 976x433)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>start New Game+ file
>house in Goldenrod
>choose Charmander
>Buy flamethrower for 4000 Pokemonies from guy outside of Game Corner
>buy exp shares for the rest of my team
>get first 10 badges with Charizard easily
>bad matchup gyms are now taken care of by my now (somewhat) balanced level team
Now I'm going to take on the cringe self insert Elite 4 while ignoring all the stupid dark skinned NPCs, probably the first game I'm ever going to complete a Pokedex on
Why isn't there a Gen 3 version of this? The biggest downfall is how one dimensional the first archaic gen games are
>>
File: Gold_Silver_Jasmine.png (135 KB, 240x273)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
I really don't know what Shockslayer was thinking with the self-insert E4. Pretty much ruined the game. I can (reluctantly) deal with NPC reskins but replacing the E4 is crossing the line big time.
Also
>no Rival
>no Team Rocket story
>no Battle Tower
>other weird self-insert NPCs randomly dotted around the map
Even with all the effort he put into it, I can't rate it more than a 5/10.
It's a shame because if he'd have just kept Crystal the same as it was, but added the open world and QoL, it would be a great romhack.
Instead Shockslayer's ego got the better of him.
Also isn't it closed source as well? Extra lame.
>>
>>55856280
I don't mind no linear progression, I'm not trying to go through the story for the 38492384th time anyway.
>>
>>55856354
Oh I'm all for the open world. I'm just saying it's a shame the dev spent so much time on dumb shit instead of finding a way to implement new stories for the rival and Team Rocket.
>>
>>55856280
>Instead Shockslayer's ego got the better of him.
>Also isn't it closed source as well? Extra lame.
Shockchud stole code from other romhacks and passed it as his own.
Due to the backslash from stealing code, he said he'd make the game open source in the next update but never did.
Fuck him.
>>
>>55856745
It's because he knows it will be modded to deblack the NPCs and put the regular E4 back in, and he's scared that hack will be more popular than his.
>>
>>55856135
Why din’t more people make free world hames like it?
Seems pretty easy to just make a region free world. Pretty sure it’s also easy to scale gyms.
>>
>>55856824
what does hames mean
>>
>>55856808
Many such cases, following platinum comes to mind
>>
>>55857696
It means that he sucks dock
>>
>>55856135
Good luck beating omgon teams
>>
>>55857815
I just beat it easily. Same team, just everything in 60s
The only really hard battle of the game so far was Gary because he had a Mewtwo
>>
>>55857729
QRD? I was going to try that one but I don't want to if there's similar levels if dev fuckery at play.
>>
File: 6120.png (573 KB, 1080x988)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
There is a vanilla skin patch to fix the game. I thought the new elite four was kind of cool, at least the rooms being well designed .. but I really rather just have the vanilla elite four. And if we going to have an option to do virtual battles against the original Elite Four, why not the Gen 1 Elite Four too? Even in the first version of the rom hack I found it had a custom elite four.

A lot of his .. inserts fuck up the aesthetic of the game. For example there is a cafe that is nice and out of the way, but it you show someone inside a Cleffa they will make the outside have this big annoying sign in the middle of Goldenrod City.
>>
>>55859034
Now in English.
>>
>>55856808
can this not be done with the standard sprite and text replacement tools we used for crystal way before the decomp?
>>
>>55859179
Their post was completely comprehensible regardless of its errors.
>>
>>55860203
Vanilla (white) skin tone patch exists already
>>
>>55859034
>dept store doesn't have a fancy sign
>self insert location does
priorities...
>>
>>55860298
Isn't it Japanese skin tone?
>>
File: cafe.png (17 KB, 596x444)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>55859034
That's not in anymore
t. OP playing latest patch

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.