[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240418_135517.jpg (76 KB, 927x675)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet would be the best pokemon games in the entire series if it weren't for the glitches, stuttering, and the graphics.

Fix the bugs and just up the graphics a little, you don't need anything big, then you'd have the best game in the series. I will not pretend otherwise.
>>
>>55847229
I agree.
>>
>>55847229
Don't worry, the Switch 2 will have performance patch.Trust the plan
>>
>>55847290
legends za is a switch 1 game
>>
>>55847229
we lost triple battles because of hardware
>>
>>55847229
If only
>>
Penny got to be one of the worst, if not the worst, characters in this franchise. Everything about her is atrocious: her design, her backstory, her personality, even her team, it's all utter dross. Cannot even get hard looking at her putrid face, that's how shite she is. At least they could've shown her getting bullied, but that's past their budget.
>>
>>55847229
>[game] would be good if you removed [the things that make it not good]
Brilliant deduction anon.
Also the art style, dogshit. Everyone looks made of glowing plasticine.
>>
>>55847229
The glitches are one of the very few redeeming factors of SV, fixing them would make the game worse.
>>
>>55847229
The glitches were funny though. If the game had been just a bit nicer looking, and the Gyms had level scaling based on how many badges you had, it would have been perfect.
>>
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet would be contenders for above average games if:
>The whole Area Zero plot was not handled as terribly as it was
>there was no dexcut
And you know I am right
>>
>>55847229
And the region, not a single town has anything except stores and the gym.
>>
>>55848325
The problem with the dexcut is when they cut out non-shitmons.
I certainly wouldn't care if they left out useless crap like Butterfree or the Zigzagoon.

>>55847319
Triple battles are a useless gimmick, what they should have done is make double battles mandatory.
>>
>>55847229
no they wouldn't. The issues go beyond technical performance. The lack of level scaling, ugly graphics and insanely restrictive player customization options still drag the game down . The cities have a lot of buildings you just can't enter for some reason, so it makes them feel so dead. They also have separate buildings for different types of clothes instead of just 1 big clothing store that sells all of them, but stocks different varieties from other cities.

And even if the story is great and the game runs fine there's a severe lack of actual content in the base game. Once you finish the story there's barely anything to do that isn't just tedious grinding. No battle facility, no side activities, just the school tournament that you can easily over level yourself for and raids that are either a breeze or annoying as hell.
>>
>>55848362
*the Zigzagoon line

>>55848364
>insanely restrictive player customization
That's one thing they should outright remove, literally all character customization does is act as a magnet for ERPers.
Bring back picking between boy and girl and that's it. Playing dress up in Pokemon is retarded.
>>
>>55847229
>Pokemon Scarlet and Violet would be the best pokemon games in the entire series
they are already. thread closed
>>
>>55847229
"noooooo this PS3 graphics is bad!!" -pokemon fan

the past 29 years of pokemon: N64 graphics to animationless NES

Yeah uhm i dont know about that being a point lmfao. And i only encountered a bug once.
>>
>>55847229
but it has garbage ugly characters and ugly empty open world
>>
>>55848376
they are some of the worst games in the series
>>
>>55847229
NO ONE LIKES ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS
>>
>>55848405
Not even close. They are the best.

3 regions, endless content, most complex lore and story(ies) so far, free prologue, seemingly endless support and events, it has basically everything you can think of from past pokemon games too, the OST is incredible especially in the DLCs.

It has many things it shouldve done better such as the structure of the base game, the gym challenges, by fucking gen 9 letting you make your own character (but it still got the best personalization so far), a much better managed and possibly optional difficulty curve (but i still enjoyed it and the DLCs were probably the best difficulty wise in the entire series)

But its all things that pokemon games in the past didnt have either and were worse at. I also dont go crazy for all this freedom openworld, but it is so full of content everywhere. They are by far the best pokemon games.
>>
>>55847229
Switch games are so ugly I don't even want to try them.

I regret buying a Switch during lockdown.
>>
>>55848431
The games have less content than XY, look worse than SS, and are less open world than RBY despite those not actively being open world.
Also to everyone happy about all the "plot" and character cutscenes in SV and bemoaning the lack of voice acting: fuck you. Just genuinely go fuck yourself, this damn game just dumps exposition and tells instead of show. So it it did worse than Sun and Moon the game you know you hate solely because it has cutscenes you hypocrite disingenuous brain rotted rat bastard.
>>
File: 1701141467800271.png (454 KB, 749x662)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>55848431
>endless content
lmao, these games are barren as fuck even with the shitty ass DLC
>>
>>55848362
I do
Kill yourself
>>
>>55848497
Mogs HGSS to oblivion
>>
>>55848536
The opposite.
Imagine being more barren and closed off than a fucking ds version of gameboy color games.
>>
>>55848536
nah, even crystal had a battle tower and every pokemon available at the time
>>
File: 1697582150641456.png (487 KB, 748x583)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>
>>55848551
The mindcrush of Pokemon.
>>
>>55848462
>less content than XY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FRIEND SAFARI 100 YEARS FRIEND SAFARI HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA FRIEND SAFARI BATTLE MAISON NO ONE GIVES A FUCK HAHAHAHAHAAHA FRIEND SAFARI FRIEND SAFARI FRIEND SAFARI FRIEND SAFARI FRIEND SAFARI FRIEND SAFARI
>>
>>55848551
I will play on PC with mods for better performance, graphics and gameplay and I will pay $0
>>
File: 1708144229807227.png (1022 KB, 1392x1563)
1022 KB
1022 KB PNG
>>55848596
>>
>>55847229
Open world is too open and ugly
Map is confusing and rotating it makes it impossible to tell where you are unless you already know it front to back
Cities have 0 immersion, no worldbuilding through NPC interactions and you can't enter buildings
Having freedom to do what you want when you want is nice but the lack of direction is way too much
>>
>>55847229
The artstyle is fucking awful.
>>
>>55848497
Not him but how is it barren?
>>
>Boot up SV
>Walk 1 step
>Game has a seizure and crashes
>>
>no nat dex
>no battle tower
>ugly art style
nothing could save these dumpster fires
>>
>>55850689
>Natdex appearing ever again
>Shitty rigged battle tower nobody cares about
Only thing you got right was the hideous artstyle.
>>
>Gen 8/9 thread
>Its just more genwars and DSfag vs 3Dfag shitflinging
>>
File: 1694669417446037.jpg (30 KB, 421x295)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>55847229
None of those are my immediate complaints really. Performance in particular is something I don't really have an issue with since I emulated it however funny of a statement that sounds, though area zero seems to do this day run like shit. Graphics are of course very poor but I can work with that depending, some of my favorite games have subpar graphics and not necessarily because they're old
My problem is more
>Bland environments
>Pokemon continue to have boring wild behaviors
>Laughable towns
>Bad artstyle
>Gyms have no sort of scaling yet their intended order is split across the map, meaning you will have a very weird level curve where you will get very strong very fast and then the other half of the map will basically just be a formality once you circle around to it since the levels are so low
>Continues trying to make me give a shit about the human characters, though they writing is marginally better this gen, the DLC in particular, I just don't fucking play pokemon for human characters and I don't know why Gamefreak keeps trying to force the epic friends thing
>Step back in QoL from PLA, which despite its shortcomings, played more like how you would expect a modern video game to
>I hate Ohmori
Wasn't my least favorite pokemon game but not something I'd run around recommending to people
>>
>>55847229
I'm gonna miss these dorks
>>
>>55847229
no. the plot is practically non-existent, it's piss easy, most trainers are pointless since they barely got any pokemon with them (even gym leaders don't have a full team), lots of fugly pokemon on the dex, pay to win mons and so on. the game was fundamentally broken
>>
>>55847229
Correction: SV is the BEST pokemon game in the franchise despite the glitches, stuttering and the graphics.
The world, legendary mascot, characters, expansions, lore... It's all on a completely different level from past games.
>>
Idk if I’d say the best, but Scarlet and Violet are definitely great. Lots of great characters, open world, cool region, and good story. It’s the only time other than SuMo where I had a character that I really like and made me feel something
>>
>>55852287
>>55852287
There's not even a hook, just string.
>>
>>55852592
There's no hook because it's not bait, just like there's no reasoning in your post because it's not an argument.
>>
>>55852875
Retard.
>>
>>55847229
get to decompiling then,
pret is that way nigger. have fun
>>
>cant use all da pokemons
nope still shit
>>
>>55847229
Textures on pokemon is this games worst sin
>>
>>55852879
See >>55852875 again.
>>
>>55853004
Try havinga pokemon game with more content than a gba remake of a gb game, and looking/running better than XY.
>>
>>55853070
>FRLG
Okay now I know you aren't serious
>>
>>55853081
The Sevii islands are more of a region than one village and academy are.
Have fun knowing Kantooooooo wins again.
>>
>>55847229
IF the game was flawless the characters and Pokemon look like shit also dexit + 35$ DLC
>>
File: Pokemon SV Fail.jpg (99 KB, 500x563)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>55847229
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but let's face it, SV could've been handled better.
Here's hoping that "break" Legends PizZA is getting is put to good development use.
>>
>>55847229
lmao no. SV is "child's first deep storyline" at best.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.