[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why?
>>
>>55842287
Kids were watching youkai watch, adults didn't give a shit, and Lusamine isn't batshit insane evil like in the games.
>>
>>55842287
because the ash anime is filler - the anime

I'd rather watch modern gormiti at dat point
>>
>>55842287
The last few remaining Ashnime fans were turned off by how bad he lost in Kalos, the only audience left were kids who didn't care and didn't know any better. Doesn't help that the art style and genre completely changed, making it feel like a totally different show.
>>
>>55842287
Prob the art style
>>
>>55842287
Didn't people mostly come around on the new art style after a year? Unless the show was a bomb among Japanese kids, I think it was less it being a failure and more a certain older demographic losing immediate interest.
>>
>>55842287
This ash was ugly
Everyone else looks alright
The anime without ash got better
>>
>>55842360
100% this. The moment Greninja went down was when I closed the stream and never watched another episode of Pokemon after that.
>>
>>55842476
>Didn't people mostly come around on the new art style after a year?
No? People still shit on it after SEVEN years, and for good reason. It just looked awful.
>>
>>55842287
I ain't watching your video, bro.
>>
>>55842360
Werent many of the kids watching yokai watch?
>>
A lot of lapsed fans returned to the anime because XY seemed to be leading up to Ash finally winning a league, between his overall more experienced and mature demeanor in XY and the fact that his final opponent Alain had a whole miniseries dedicated to building him up, unlike the majority of characters who end up defeating Ash in leagues who tend to show up at the tail end of the series and have two or three episodes of buildup at most

After BURASTO BAAN the returnee fans fucked back off
>>
>>55842287
Ash overstaying his welcome for 6 gens longer than he should have at that point and the art style made all the characters that weren't from the Alola games look terrible.
>>
>>55842694
revisionism, we all know that people quit the anime because of his loss on kalos
>>
>>55842531
The style change because the genre of the series change. You don't like change, that's all. It's completely fine.
>>
>>55842360
pretty much this. after x and y, i never bothered again with the anime
>>
>>55842694
A lot of those "lapsed fans" had dropped the show during BW because BW was shit. They then dropped SM because THAT was shit
>>
>>55842358
This. They could've come up with something interesting with each region's villain team so that it would be story over filler. The only time they teased an actual arc was in Unova with Jessie and James doing things behind the scenes for Rocket vs. Plasma, and we didn't even get to fucking see it. Completely turned me off from ever watching the anime again.
>>
>>55842360
>the art style and genre completely changed, making it feel like a totally different show.

and that's a good thing.

keep in mind this coincided with a boost in Go players. Alola was the last time Pokemon hit the mainstream. All downhill after Sun Moon era ...
>>
>>55842287
SM isn't even that good
>Animation quality is actually downgraded from XY, lack of 3D camera means more effort required to maintain average animation leading to most early episodes having very limited animation and one cut of good animation compared to XY's consistently good quality
>The series is stuck in filler hell most of the time
>Muh gag faces, I don't even mind them as much since I'm a weeb but they get wildly obnoxious at times
>The sheer amount of battles won through plot armour and bullshit rather than actual strategy, setting a trend for JN, not even the hype behind the clutch moments could save it (Rockruff beating it's evolution with fucking Rock Throw was weird)
Honestly the only reason most people remember SM is because of Pikachu vs Top Kek in the league which was actually really cool, but mostly carried by freelance animators rather than in-studio talent. Another sign of things to come for JN.
>>
>>55842804
*After the XY era.
Even the fucking shill video in the OP admits nobody watched SM. XY was the last time anyone gave any real shits about the Ash show.
>>
>>55842287
Dull and shitty series with bad animation, horrid amount of filler and large reliance on Japanese references the show makers desperately wanted you to get and soiface over. It's not as insultingly bad as the BW anime, but like other anons already brought up, XY was the last time anymore gave a crap about the Ashnime and they gave the people who cared about it the biggest middle finger imaginable with that atrocious ending.
>>
>>55842872
The rowlet narcolepsy fake out followeb by it defeating a Decidueye was absolute bullshi too.

Guzma's battles were the most entretaining because at least they gave him assholeish tactics to win
>>
>unironically using the word filler in an episodic series
You people are the problem. Ash became a hollow Naruto substitute for spics.
>>
>>55842924
>bad animation
I agree that the SM art in general (notably Ash, TRiO design) is bad, but animation wise in SM is way decent than XY. There were smooth movements everywhere in SM unlike the jerky movements in XY.
>>
>filler
it's literally a saturday morning cartoon styled like an anime fuck off with "filler"
this is why tons of shows suck nowadays, there's no downtime fun episodes it's all just plot plot plot
>>
>umh it was hgood ackshually
Choke on my cock nigger.
>>
>>55842957
>>55843114
These people did not grow up with the anime. Today filler isn't a problem because you can binge the whole thing. They weren't there for when it aired weekly. They do not understand that it would often take months for Ash to go from gym to gym due to how much filler there was between badges.
>>
>>55842287
Shonentards and Ash self-inserters had no reason to insert themselves into Ash and left the show.
>>
now where's that one alolabort with his screencaps
>>
>>55843152
Nigga every fucking time you see an Ash selfinserter sperg out it's accompanied by screenshots from either SM or PM19. Ashtards worship those series because their self insert won in them
>>
Sun moon happened because xy had bad reception in Japan because kids were watching youjai watch instead and no wonder it's better show than the ashnime so olm copied yokai watch too lmao but it didn't work, olm animated the yw anime too
>>
>>55842287
I remember smfags crying about how sm had more viewers and better rating than cuz when it came out. What happend to that? Did the show fell off later on or was that just coomer propaganda?
>>
File: 1570408210473.png (1.5 MB, 1337x3000)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>55842531
People are shitting on it for the last 7 years, because they're autistic retard fuckwads STILL mad their shitty little shonen self-insert with his shitty little arsepull lost when they had ROUNDLY assumed he was "guaranteed" to win.
As always, autistic adults think they're the only metric that matters, then throw tantrums when that gets proven to be bullshit.
>>
That's what I dislike about Alola as a whole. The entire region, games, anime was all an attempt to copy Yokai Watch to get back the kiddos. YW was at best a flavor of the month and the people behind it made bad decisions that killed the series anyways.
>>
>>55843209
lmao called it
>>
>>55843279
>he’s still mad over the imaginary people in his head
you have to let it go smfriend
>>
>>55843254
They lied.
>>
File: 1551513090663.jpg (1.63 MB, 1100x9000)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>55843312
Newsflash numbnuts, there's retards melting down still Alain existed, they got even MORE pissy when he got bitchslapped in the Masters 8 while Ash won it. As always, you got born both too late and too early to experience the peak times of the anime and you all handle that in the ways you're accustomed to - by seething and projecting your butthurt, pain and anguish about self-inserting into a fucking loser. Meanwhile, I got OS kino in my mid-teens when this shit first started airing in my country, before finally getting a fitting ending to the journey I'd seen Ash step out on 19 years later. I only bothered watching the best seasons, because everything from the executive meddling in Johto to start of Kalos was deliberately keyed to propagating the brand with schoolchildren.
But sure, I'm the issue, in a thread full of XYgotes failing to handle getting put in their box, 8 years on from the event, yeah.
>>
>>55843279
>>55843340
Autism
>>
>>55843279
>>55843340
Average SMfag, everyone.
>>
no one should ever watch any season of the ashitme except the first
>>
>>55842287
Yokai Watch buckbroke TPC hard so they made the anime goofy memeshit about dancing and meme faces
>>
>>55843480
What about the Orange League?
>>
Pokémon became too baby-fied around here. Don't get me wrong, it was always obviously a kids show, but SM onwards feels like it's written for literal pre-schoolers. It's like the difference between Spongebob and Dora the Explorer
>>
>>55843480
Nah, DP and XY were good. There's a reason XY and its popularity lives so rent free in SMautists' heads.
>>
Reminder that SM actually stayed in the top 10 most watched anime in Japan for longer than XY did, and only dropped when they moved it from its iconic thursday timeslot to sundays
>>
>>55842694
>A lot of lapsed fans returned to the anime because XY
lol, this is bullshit. XY had worse ratings then BW.
>>
>>55842287
> nobody watched
Wrong

The Sun and Moon is just a lame prototype of yugioh sevens. Unlike the ashime sumo Sevens is actually funny, the friendships and character development is a lot stronger, and the duels are also really good. The only Pokémon battle with fight choreography that justified a switch to a simpler art style was the Pikachu vs Misty's mega gyrados fight.
>>
>>55842699
Ash should have left after gen 4 actually. That's when his character finished developing.
>>
>>55844102
Gen 2. Everything that was set up in the first season was settled by the end of Johto. Hoenn should have been a complete reboot like they did with Horizons.
>>
It's more that the silent minority---people bitching about xyz got angry and gave up.

But many people did watch sun and moon and enjoyed it.
>>
>>55844111
His character growth still continued and was consistent though. Best wishes is when they started changing his personality to fit their whims.
>>
>>55844140
>His character growth still continued and was consistent though
No, he didn't. The only thing that got better was his abilities as a battler. But we didn't need to waste another 8 years on that.
>>
File: 1709044868399832.gif (2.46 MB, 2000x2000)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB GIF
>>55842360
pretty much why i stopped watching, then saw how horrible the animation was in journeys, never really cared about pokemon anime after that
>>
>>55842287
Wasn't SM popular in Japan
>>
>>55842287
I watched this because I’m a lolicon
>>
>>55842287
past my time
>no longer on cn
>games feel off at gen 6
> the anime fell off at gen 5
>>
>>55842360
its this.
the anime was posted on yt by the official channel and the last ep was disliked so much they disabled likes and in the end took the entire ep off the site.
>>
>>55843211
It's not right to lie. SM Ash is ugly and stupid, his design change generated a tsunami of tears. Ash self-inserters never forgave him.
>>
>>55843560
>XYsperm latching onto DPkino
Pathetic.
>>
>>55846049
>shitnohfetus
>>
>>55842287
Did you try watching the video? I'm sure it explains it in the video
>>
File: 40966222_p0_master1200.jpg (159 KB, 800x600)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>55844487

SM in general was a huge success riding the pokemon go hype. The amount of delusion on this board is comical. Interest in the anime didn't drop off until gen 8 before spiking again with the finale.
>>
>>55846049
>acting like two series haven't always been considered the peak of the anime
>acting like you were even there when XY aired
>acting like you've even watched XY
Dumb newfag
>>
>>55845197
Of course, but he won a league, which is literally all the self inserters care about. Just look at this autist >>55843279
>>
>>55842287
>.t never watched SM
>>
>>55842360
Yep. The loss in Kalos killed the anime for me, and the new artstyle was too shit anyway.
>>
>>55842287
It was too childish, even by Ashnime standards. They even forced the VAs of all languages to make Ash sound younger than usual.
>>
>>55842287
Nobody cares about the Ashnime after XY
>>
Why was there such a big meltdown over Kalos in particular?

Didn’t kids already give up after Tobias?
>>
>>55846429
Were you being stupid on purpose?
>>
>>55842287
Shonen tourists from XY upset about it becoming a SoL
>>
>>55847843
XYfags only watched XY
>>
>>55847843
Focused on more serious battles and seemed to be leading up to a win, then at the last minute cucked him rendering the entire season a waste. Then it was replaced by a goofy zero stakes comedy season so everyone hated it.

Some schizos here hate XY it because people like it though
>>
>>55848917
>Focused on more serious battles and seemed to be leading up to a win
like every series
>Then it was replaced by a goofy zero stakes comedy season
funnily enough it was more mature than XY
>>
why do SoLslop schoolshit faggots think that "shounen" is an insult
>>
>>55848978
Case in point
>>
>>55842924
>XY was great
>ending gives yuge middle finger to fans
The Sopranos of the Ashnime
>>
>>55849000
They just toss around everything that sounds like an insult. "Shonen", "self-insert", "edge", "Mexican", you name it.
I remember back when SM had just started they were all screeching about how SM was the best series ever because it didn't have any battling in it, since only autists cared about battles. Then the league rolled around and all these people suddenly, magically, stopped existing.

SM isn't even sol, it's slapstick comedy with lots of memeface reaction shots. I don't think any SMtard has ever watched an actual sol show before.
>>
>>55843279
>>55843340
>SMtard
>>
>>55842287
KEK at this yokai shit copycat
I'm glad nobody watched that shit
>>
>>55849255
People on this board only shill sun and moon because everyone hated it
>>
>55849000
>55849255
>55850688
>55851591
Du*b XYfags
>>
lmaolaborts are subhumans
>>
Ash and Gladion laughing before they send out their last pokémon because they are having fun, and Lusamine looking so happy to see her son truly enjoying that moment is more emotionally impactful than anything in the Kalos league
>>
File: 1679721973163460.gif (45 KB, 300x200)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
>>55846251
SM was a deliberate Yo-kai Watch clone and lost the ratings battle at first. Then the demographics shifted, new and younger japanese kids started watching TV, Yo-kai Watch's popularity dipped due to overexposure, and then Pokemon Go happened.

The Pokemon GO craze came and Pokemon's fanbase in Japan exploded, just like everywhere else in the world. Demographics shifting renovated the franchise and brought new kids in after Gen VI's failure. SM was at the right time and right place to soak that up, but people remember Alola characters more fondly from the games rather than the anime, since Pokemon Go and the 20th anniversary gave it a lot of publicity. Basically, SM Game > SM Anime.

So no, the anime wasn't good. It got its ratings by proxy and people just rolled with it when Ash was awarded the league through asspulls.
>>
>>55852062
so heckin frickin wholesomerino, upvoted
>>
>>55852083

Never said it was good, just successful. It's an okay kid show, like most of the ash anime.
>>
>>55852106
It's called heart, something XY lacked
>>
>>55852146
SM is the most heartless shit ever then, it only existed to leech off a competing franchise lmao
>>
>>55846348
>n-no we were always besties
No you pathetic leech,
>>
File: 1686495313494913.png (1.57 MB, 765x1217)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
I stopped watching when I couldn't recognize Ash anymore.
>>
Better than Horizons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.