[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EBay_logo.png (9 KB, 1100x480)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
So I'm in the UK looking for a Dragapult select figure and the only ones I can find are from US ebay sellers, most of which not specifying a shipping cost to me.
After messaging some asking for shipping costs it seems most use this 'ebay international shipping program' where they send the package to ebay and have no idea how much ebay will actually charge me once they send it.
Anyone got any experience with this? The dragapult figure costs ~$30 and I don't want to get raped by a shipping cost of more than the figure itself, that I can't even see until I've actually bought the product
>>
>>10988222
You will get raped by shipping costs. eBay shipping is expensive and slow. I'm in New Zealand, I don't get charged less than $50usd anymore. Ordinary postal services are faster and cheaper, around $24-35usd. I imagine things won't be better in the UK.
>>
>>10988298
Shame, but expected as much, thanks for replying
>>
>>10988222

As I understand it you can't send toys from the US to the UK via eBay's international shipping program. You will need to persuade the seller to send it to you via another carrier, which probably means they'll have to update the listing so you can choose this option.
>>
>>10988222
I have used the Global Shipping Program a few times from U.S. ebay sellers, to Australia. Sometimes, if you really want the thing, you just have to eat it. That's the reality of limited distribution & lazy sellers. They get indemnity from the GSP that they don't get from USPS, and it's because of shady buyers who've fucked them in the past that they have no trust or willingness to take risks. I get it. And I get your position, because I've been there.

Tl;dr - if you really want the thing, buy it; you will forget the shipping pain and enjoy the thing down the track. Don't make a habit of it & it won't be the end of you.
>>
>>10988647

There have been several lengthy discussions about this on ebay's community forum. Here's one:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/td-p/34026140

The short version is that as a result of post-Brexit changes, the UK government now requires certain categories of goods to be accompanied by a declaration that they meet UK standards when they are imported into the UK. When goods are imported through ebay's international shipping program, ebay will be responsible for providing this declaration. They seem to have decided there's no easy way for them to do this, so they've suspended shipping goods to the UK in all the affected categories (one of which is toys).
>>
>>10988815
this
>>
Here's a tip I wish I knew earlier.
If you buy a lot of US shit, use something like stackry, ship everything to their unit and combine shipping, declare whatever the fuck you want and have everything sent in one go.
>>
>>10988815
>as a result of post-Brexit changes
But the insane rises in international shipping costs had been going on for years before that happened, it dates back at least to the early 2010s. They can't pin it all on that.
>>
>>11000318

You've misunderstood. I'm not saying that the price of international shipping has gone up as a consequence of Brexit. I'm saying that since last summer, when the UK Government introduced new post-Brexit importing requirements, eBay has suspended allowing toys to be shipped to the UK through their international shipping program. The reason OP hasn't been given a shipping cost for the figure he wants is because ebay won't ship it to the UK.

If he wants the figure he'll have to either persuade the seller to send it to him via another carrier, or use a mail forwarding service like Stackry.
>>
ebay's Global Shipping Program is really bad, it costs much more than what you would pay for shipping + import taxes anywhere.
As >>10999989 mentioned, you can use a shipping forwarder service if you plan on buying multiple items. I have been using MyUS for multiple years (monthly subscription) and it's easy/cost effective (although you still need to pay additional shipping/import taxes) as it opens a lot of option in the US market for collectibles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.