[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (116 KB, 1200x1203)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
What experiences have you had on the CTA blue line at night? Is the stretch from O'hare to Lasalle and Van Buren as bad as from UIC to forest park?
Post CTA stories and experiences
>>
The blue line used to be working class people and people who just flew in to o'hare and want to make a point about trains. Now, it's those people still, but also about 50% of the passengers are homeless people and not the temporarily homeless kind either, the professional homeless. The trains are basically rolling homeless shelters, except with more crack. I don't know if it's necessarily more dangerous per se but it's definitely a lot more seedy than it was.

t. used to live in chicago, go back there from time to time still (NY now)
>>
>>1996081
From my commute yesterday, it seems that the train usually has less of that during rush hour. At the montrose stop towards forest park, the cabs are nearly empty and fill to capacity at logan. Each person ive noticed seems to be working class.
i would imagine this would change drastically during the night hours wherein homeless would likely ride, but i havent been on at night in a while.
>>
>>1996076
Not good ones. Loop section is the worst part at night because you get both the people riding end to end all night long and the nocturnal loop creatures. The red line at least gets some normal people riding it at all hours. Blue line sucks during the day too since the trains never come. Thankfully I can live most of my life just fine never going west of Ashland. I would miss some friends and restaurants but could get by never going west of Michigan.
t. hyde parker who works in streeterville
>>
>>1996081
>>t. used to live in chicago, go back there from time to time still (NY now)
You moved from one shithole to another
>>
>>1996076
Sometimes the driver falls asleep at ohare and the train will take you all the way to your gate.

Used to take it from Belmont to ohare and it’s nice to know that no matter what the expressway looks like you will get there in 20 mins or whatever it takes. I left Chicago 5 years ago and my brother said don’t bother coming back the city is not what it used to be. Sad.
>>
>>2000508
I moved here in a little over 2 years ago and it’s still great here. Not near as bad Minneapolis or Seattle. I have no doubt there has been some decline, but it’s bouncing back pretty well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.