[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just bought a FUBAR Lexus RX350 and I don't have the slightest idea how to fix this. Just use some duct tape and leave it mostly as is? Am I in for a lot of pain and suffering?
>>
>>2800786
Go to scrapyard and find make/model of car with good doors. Purchase them and install them. Rock the multi-colored paint job like a boss.
>>
Most of that will buff out. Post in the classic general on /o/ and you will get some good tips.

>>>/o/

this will probably not work, but anyway: >>>/o/27610996
>>
1 like anon said go to junkard
you can probably find the door
may not be the same color
you may have to pry it your self

2 mexicans
go to the hood lol
there are mexicans that do this shit for cash
or change your door if you got one
>>
Break out the soft faced hammer.
>>
>>2800786
So you got BTFO on /o/ for spending more on that 200k mile accident car than you could get a decent condition one and came here for validation?
>>
>>2800790
>the classic general
It's a containment thread for forum larpers. I also recommend OP go bother them until they have aneurisms.
>>
Suction cup you can get at an auto store for ten bucks will make significant progress on that. Toilet plunger if poor. The metal has memory, you can spring it back. Lots of soapy water help plubger stick.

After that get hair dryer and compressed air i think it is thats basically dry ice in a can. Heat it up hot, flip the can upside down and blast it so it forms ice. The rapid cooldown will cause the metal to contract, pulling on the dents straightening them out. Its real cool.

But just dgaf or get a new door too

Also, heat gun/hair drywr
>>
Also take the door interior off from the inside, get a flat piece of 2x4 so you arent directly hitting the metal, and sneak it thru the x frame on the door, put on ear protection and TAP away at things. Better to do too little than too much with each hit.
>>
>>2800786
I had an old Nissan 200sx with similar damage in high school, but and hang a new door like other anons said

There is a crash bar inside the door that is impossible to get straight again,

I managed to get the door skin straightened out but that crash bar was a bitch and interfered with window glass
>>
>>2800786
Get another door from a salvage donor along with anything else you need.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.