[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240513_210617.jpg (3.41 MB, 4032x3024)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
Plumbing advice needed

Handle of a water line under sink broke off
Water main was turned off for now
I just have a couple of adjustable wrenches and alligator clamps
Is this thing removable or do I need to cut the pipe?

Even if I were to cut the pipe I don't think thered be any room to put in a new valve
>>
Try removing it first.
Cut pipe remove escutcheon should be room for compression fitting. If you have to break out the drywall who cares you wont see it. Its a shithole anyway.
Thank me later
>>
>>2799387
Is that a copper pipe coming out of the wall? That thing is covered in paint and crap but it could be soldered.
>>
>>2799387
looks soldered. heat it up to melt solder and pull the valve off. pull any water out of the pipe with a vaccum cleaner. dont cut it or youll have to bust out the wall. Dont listen to the first reply, you dont have enough pipe to work with to go cutting it.
>>
>>2800795
Don’t listen to this shit. OP
>>
>>2799387
just call a plumber instead of fucking around and creating a large repair job out of something a pro could have replaced in 15 minutes.
>>
>>2801622
Im literally a plumber you fucking retard.
>>
>>2801679
I know this is 4chan, but isn't it crazy how the professionals are usually the ones full of shit.
>>
>>2801683
how am i full of shit. its a soldered angle stop. simple job to replace but no he has to bust half the wall out because uhhh he just does ok.
God I hate these faggot handymen who think theyre plumbers.
>>
>>2801679
Im Joe Biden cock breath watch your mouth boy
>>
>>2799393
OP clearly the professional has offered safe, timely advice that is feasible for a diy homeowner.
Soldering however is not.
>>
>>2801689
Even funnier are plumbers that think they are anything besides over priced scumbags
>>
Call a pipe fitter a plumber and the fight is on
>>
>>2801692
I hate this site.
Go buy a sharkbite angle stop and push it into the pipe after cutting it.
Are you happy now, was my advice timely and simple enough for the little man with a plumbing problem to comprehend
>>
>>2801700
Finally some decent advice instead of dick swinging by incompetent pros.
>>
>>2801697
Youd be pissed too if someone confused you with some retard who spends half his day knee deep in shit.
Im only a plumber if it makes me sound more qualified to give advice for domestic shit.
>>
>>2801703
Same fagging by a fat greasy plumber
>>
>>2801703
No bozo first he suggested this>>2800795
Then after being called out by a real pro he offered this>>2801700 because hevwas caught trying to fleece a homeowner. Thats why everyone hates plumbers
>>
>>2801706
Kys namefag. im trying to have an argument here
>>
File: IMG_3228.jpg (171 KB, 993x1048)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
IM A PLUMBER GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>2801708
>>2801711

All the adult boards should have thread specific user IDs like >>>/pol/. It's hard to have a decent shit-flinging cage match when you don't know who said what. And that KEK fag who at least identified himself is as confused as anyone about who said what.

The only one I can keep track of (other than KEKfag) is that incompetent plumber.
>>
>>2801731
I'm not mad you stupid fuck the only one who got mad was that apprentice plumber
>>
>>2799387
cut the pipe
remove that flange
add sharkbite fitting
be done before the fags are done arguing
>>
>>2801838
THATS WHA I SAID COCK SUCKER
>>
it's like literally been a week an OP hasn't updated
but yeah you have two options
use a torch and heat up the valve and sweat ona new one
or
*what i would do
sawzaw the copper behind the anglestop, clean the burrs and just force ona sharkbite anglestop
there's enough space and if not just take off the eschutheon and turn it around or leave it off. whatever who fucking looks
but it seems this is just weird bait since op hasn't responded
>>
>>2801679
my dad owns nintendo and he said you're full of shit
>>
If it were me, you only wish
I would heat the shut off until it slips off the pipe.
Then push a shark bite shutoff onto the line.
>>
>>2801735
A remodeler not a plumber. I spend too much time fixing your over priced charade.
>>
>>2801679
>Im literally a plumber
Then post your plumbing question on a Taiwanese yodeling enthusiasts board.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.