[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ITT: Scam companies.

Just sat through a 3 hour appointment with a (very friendly) sales agent only for them to try to pressure me into replacing my windows at an average of $1500 apiece, and I know they're just going to subcontract out to the cheapest local labor they can.
>>
>>2798410
That would be impossible because they all are scams. Try making a list that are legit companies.
>>
File: badthread.jpg (27 KB, 396x349)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
this is /do it yourself/ not /pay some faggot and complain about it/.
>>
>>2798410
Literally just go find a new construction subdivision and ask the sub crews if they do windows. 150-300 bucks per window is the going rate for install, with windows going between 150 and 600 bucks depending on material and size. 1500 isn't actually all that terrible for a real business. Operating costs probably bring the margin around 35-40%. That being said, of your getting shitty vinyl windows, and you can tell Mexicans what to do, you can do them way cheaper yourself.
>>
>>2798410
allied industrial supply tops it for me

$40 for a hi-vis safety vest
$4-$5 for packing tape

compared to U-Line it's robbery

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.