[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: KICO_170504_JSc_001_2x1.jpg (178 KB, 1200x600)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
So these are just kinda...? Water doggos?
And they hunted 90% of the billion year standing lineages of nautilus to death in a handful million years?
>>
>>4798112
>So these are just kinda...? Water doggos?
have you never been to one of those oceanic entertainment venues with a trained seal who does tricks?
because yes, they are extremely doglike.
>>
>>4798115
on earth we call those "aquariums"
>>
>>4798133
I was talking more Seaworld and that restaurant that's like Medeival Times but its pirates
>>
>snout
>barks
>sea LION
>>
>>4798141
> that restaurant that's like Medeival Times but its pirates
is the food good?
>>
>>4798112
I remember an anon here saying they were among the likeliest animals today to be domesticated because they’re so friendly or something. Don’t know how true it is but they are similar in disposition to dogs
>>
>>4798162
IDK the whole place smells like an aquarium so that can kinda defeat your appetite but they had an animatronic glow-in-the-dark skeleton come out of the central pool and it was like 16 feet tall so overall a cool experience.
>>
>>4798133
Kekkekekekekekekeke hahahahaha
>>
>>4798164
I think domesticating anything aquatic would be incredibly hard on the long term.
We could try however adding them the genes dogs have for being nice and domestic and then selective breeding them a handful generations (which is hard bc they are aquatic duh)

Their Amphibian ancestors however would have been a cool and maybe plausible domestic animal
>>
>>4798461
Otters…
>>
>>4798461
I think mermen could use them as hunting doggos to capture sharks.
>>
>>4798164
>>4798461
The problem is that they smell like shit.
>>
>>4798152
Seal is already a contraction of sea wolf, they needed a different animal.
>>
>>4798461
that’s just an extra large otter silly
>>4798481
this
>>
>>4798590
Ptters are just water weasels. Sea lions look more doggish
>>
>>4798112
They are more related to weasels snd bears, ackshully.
>>
>>4798658
that one in the pic really does just look like a otter though
>>
>>4798164
>>4798461
They are indeed, but their habitat was recognised as a barrier that naturally prevented any domestication from happening.
>>
>>4798164
They'd need a huge body of water to be happy
Imagine all the owners neglecting them by just giving them a kiddie pool
>>
>>4798828
>Imagine all the owners neglecting them by just giving them a kiddie pool
That would add a whole new dimension to those animal rescue shows. They break into some meth head's backyard and there is just this depressed seal with clown make up lying in a dirty kiddie pool.
>>
>>4798766
Bullshit. If you've ever spent time observing seals you'll notice their behavioural patterns are surprisingly canine. So much so that when dogs and seals encounter each other there's a familial interaction pattern.
>>
>>4798972
They're all in the caniformia suborder.
>>
It's just mammals dominating nature.
>>
>>4798461
>I think domesticating anything aquatic would be incredibly hard on the long term.
Explain Koi and Goldfish.
>>
>>4800178
>Explain Koi and Goldfish
They are not the size of large dog while juvenile anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.