[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8195.jpg (189 KB, 1600x933)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
Discuss the animal homo sapien.
How we feeling about our species, pretty apes?
>>
>>4787942
they think they are the most intelligent but in fact they are easily manipulable and more robots than idependent beings
>>
File: FTfuwc5VsAA06x5.jpg (360 KB, 1024x1024)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>4787953
>t.
>>
>>4787942
>Discuss the animal homo sapien.
that's not an animal
>>
>>4787942
bad idea jannies nuke it before it’s too late
>>
File: h20240503035155e.png (149 KB, 845x563)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Guy's, what the hell? I got these two humans. They appear to be sexually mature. I put them both in the same enclosure and even gave them a single (1) nest that can fit both of them for comfortable mating, but they refuse to court each other. They almost never interact directly with each other despite spending all their time within close proximity, and when they do interact it's very brief and seems almost standoffish. What gives? Why won't they breed? These things were pretty pricey so I was hoping to get a sizable colony through breeding. I'd really appreciate some helpful advice on this. Thanks.
>>
>>4788089
tend to happen if you make it too comfortable, see, i’ve been noticing when they have a high infant mortality they breed like crazy, yet, if you supply them comfort and a stable life they tend of ween off and become depressed

would recommend you shake them up a little, introduce a little fight and they’ll be back to normal
>>
>>4788091
Plus you need to give them a religious and tradicional lifestyle where their main objective is creating a family and not buying things and feel pleasure.
>>
>>4788089
this >>4788091
Try to introduce a threat that the male can fight off to impress the female. Rats seem to often work well for whatever reason. Otherwise try a snake, doesnt have to be a venomous one. Just the shape is enough. Lower the enclosure temperature at night, so the female gets cold and gets close for body heat.
They also get neurotic if they have nothing to stimulate them. Provide them with some sticks and stones and they will build pretty elaborate nests, but observe them. They have a tendency to make fire with sticks and might burn the enclosure down.
>>
>>4788106
I tried this and all i got was an overpopulated, violent shithole. I had no use for the excess since they banned setting up grand wars for our pets so i’ve been introducing new diseases to shrink the colony.

Let the humans manage their population naturally. They maintain an equilibrium if you just leave them alone, then you wont have to create an apocalypse to fix your shit
>>
>>4788089
>>4788305
Also, fair warning, when and if you do get a colony going, make sure you don't put any radioactive metals in their enclosure, they ALWAYS find creative ways to kill themselves with it. It would be pretty amusing if it weren't so tragic.
>>
>>4788313
I dont want a fucking equilibrium im using them to mine gold

Reproduction cult it is
>>
>>4788089
Unrelated, but I would recommend possibly adding infant Canis lupus familiaris or Felis catus to their habitat. Both can trigger a care response similar to the ones Human infants create, and would possibly encourage your Homo sapien sapiens pair to procreate, as well as strengthen their bond.
>>
>>4788321
tried this, canis lupus ate the babies and now both my humans claim to speak to lizard people called “the arkons” and a space hippy named hay-zoos respectively.

i used random animals from a shelter. the cat was too much for them to feed so they just let it roam around eating the birds. its still out there. the dog was one of those short haired big headed ones with ugly ears. is there a specific breed that works better?

Also, how do i get the male to start showering again and stop drawing weird geometric stuff on walls?
>>
>>4788327
Damn dude sorry to hear that. Once humans form cults, it's usually the end of the colony, in rare occasions they can still maintain themselves, but it more often than not leads to a crash. I've heard of some people circumventing this by purposely introducing their own cult so they can control how they behave, but even that sometimes can fall through.
>>
File: 1706858311131972.jpg (43 KB, 540x540)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>4787942
question as a homo sapiens sapiens
why the FUCK do our hands sweat, what is the evolutionary advantage of sweating my palms all over if I need to grab onto something in an adrenaline rush
t. advanced ape
>>
>>4788089
ENCLOSURE MATES TO AVOID (part 1) - These have a very high risk of injuring, killing/predating upon, or spreading disease to your H.s. sapiens colony. If you add these, proceed with extreme caution, you have been warned.

>Leopard (P. pardus): These will often prey upon your humans and their non-human companions (dogs, cats, livestock, etc.) and can adapt very well to human living spaces, hiding in spaces humans wouldn't even consider them to be in.
>Tiger (P. tigris) Similar to above, tigers will not hesitate to prey upon your human colony and their associates. While less adaptable then the aforementioned leopard, they are larger and have a higher mortality rate when attacking prey.
>Common Hippopotamus (H. amphibious): These megafaunal herbivores are one of the worst enclosure mates you can keep with your human colony, often attacking them entirely unprovoked and causing many mortalities a year due to caretaker ignorance. They are extremely territorial and will fiercely guard any body of water they inhabit, often making it difficult for any other creature sharing the habitat to drink or collect it. These are best kept as species only, and are completely unsuitable enclosure mates.
>>
File: hmpr84d2yw6b1.jpg (78 KB, 736x920)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>4788327
I did the same thing, but I used premium animals (pic related, my specimens). What happened is my male and female split, and when they used the communication trigger I assigned to the radio nanites ("god, if you're really out there") they were talking about how they don't need "to settle for them" and "were fine to wait as long as I have *unknown proper noun*". I assume that was the name of the animal each human took with them when they split a week later. They never even have kids. My male keeps looking for new females (but i haven't added any, i cant afford more than 2) and my female is just staying in her den and making socks. What do? The female's den is really starting to smell bad.

At least my male is staying in good health since he runs around with the dog all the time but he has no mate, he totally rejected the female i arranged as soon as the dog began showing him affection. I really wanted those two to breed. What the fuck do I do? Fresh females of that quality cost over 9000 credits.
>>
>>4788343
Your male is mating with his fluffy companion. It's very common unfortunately, the best bet is to just remove the fluffy one and reintroduce them.
>>
>enter thread thinking it'll have interesting anthropological discussion
>its all gay larping instead
fuck off
>>
>>4788349
>QUIT HAVING FUN!!!!
Kill yourself
>>
>>4788335
https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/5449/what-is-the-evolutionary-rationale-for-palm-sweating
>>
>>4788350
I just hid all your posts.
>>
>>4788346
Yeah bud, I know xorklyggs get off to forcing that shit but i have observed exactly 0 amorous interactions between my male and his companion. The bond closely resembles siblings. It's all what I can assume is simulated hunting and combat. Typical predatory mammal companion behavior. Although the male might be confused about something else - i introduced a deer for him to hunt and he wouldn't hunt it or let the dog help him. And yet he ate aurochs burger last night. What the fuck
>>
Oh cool, anyways, kill yourself.
>>
>>4788357
Just cause you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Male hominids tend to get a little fucked in the head without other human companionship, female or not
>>
>>4788363
>t. xorklygg
I have 24/7 surveillance on my little colony, and my father had a colony with humans and sheep and nothing weird ever happened. I know for a fact this never happens naturally. Humans have instincts to prevent it. Some sick 7 foot tall 100-tentacled retard always has to put the idea in their mind or cause some form of brain damage by slipping stuff into the water.
>>
>>4788365
The Kyxxglig coper. Many such cases.
>>
>>4788407
Go eat spermatophores you gelatinous fuck

My pet humans are perfectly normal
>>
>>4787942
what the fuck can you even feed these things?
they have teeth that suggest they can eat anything but most of what I give to them gives them runny shits for days
>>
I really hate guys who look like this
>>
>>4788349
c'mon man, the tard thinks "sapien" is the singular of sapiens

this board is literally just children and retards
>>
>>4788482
Thank god they aren’t really common
>>
gay larp thread
no one here actually owns a human, it's basically impossible to get the loicense to abduct one
>>
>>4787942
We need fewer, sturdier toes.
>>
>>4788590
>>4788349
Samefaggot
>>
>>4788783
retard
>>
>>4788590
Lol, kxxrlag actually gives a shit about licenses. Just abduct a few low quality ones (some of the white ones outside of their big gathering points) and don't tell anyone.
>>
File: 1714821108691.jpg (14 KB, 240x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>4788482
>>
File: 3712088-maxpayne.png (139 KB, 398x435)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>4788482
>>
>>4787942
Homo erectus was already hairless. Also a relatively complex tool user and capable of making fire.
There'd be nothing wrong with fucking an erectus.
>>
>>4788858
the darker ones are way easier and more clueless however with their complete lack of developed defenses
>>
>>4788321
Bad idea. Homo sapien sapien females often end up fulfilling their offspring-rearing drive with the feline or canine and don't procreate as a result.
>>
>>4787953
Fuck you (((neanderthalensis)))
>>
>>4788335
Ask your wrangler to buy you some chalk. Mine bought it for me because I kept falling off the climbing wall that he installed in my enclosure to prevent me from getting depressed and killing myself.
>>
File: 1690378068927211.jpg (151 KB, 798x1054)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>4789772
I guess my uterine parent would equal as my caretaker, the economy in this human society has not allowed me to advance far enough. My caretaker has given me a technologic device where I can play a game with cubes as it's main aesthetic, but the catch is my goddamn modern human hands just sweat whenever I try to move a bit.
>>4788354
Also, read this some days ago, thank you anon. I just wonder why I sweat from my hands at just the slightest level of stress though.
also unrelated when will biology nerf the mental illness genes in humans, they suck hard
>>
>>4789087
They're easier sure but generally more high quality. It's super easy to make habitats for them, just recreate their local savannahs with some wildlife and you'll have a small thriving colony in no time. They reproduce readily and have huge litters too. The light ones need insane amounts of stimulation and there's no guarantee your starter male and female will even get along, let alone reproduce. It's much more difficult to hide your dark morph colony if you're unlicensed. Nah, stick with the light morphs.
>>4789122
This. And it's not uncommon for homo sapiens males to mate with them instead of sapiens females, especially if you keel light morphs. It's just an issue with that morph in particular.
>>
>>4789813
Misinformation.
That particular cutie does not have autism
>>
>>4788024
Why?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.