[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>22
>poor
>mentally ill
>NEET
>don't qualify for NEETbux
>live with mom
>virgin
>no car or driver's license
>no friends
>combined work experience of 4 months over 4 years
>no computer
what steps can i take to improve my life? what can i do? what can i afford to do. applying for jobs doesn't work. applying for NEETbux doesn't work. nothing works. i'm stuck. i don't know what to do.

and before offering any advice, please do not underestimate just how poor i am. i likely do not have nor can afford to have the means to follow most of your advice. i'm working with a budget of $0.
>>
Do you have any skills or hobbies/interests?

I was/am in your situation, but being able to monetize a skill of mine while being a shut-in, even if not as much as a regular job, helped give me some mental relief.
>>
>>1460201
>>>/adv/
>>
>>1460201
>i'm working with a budget of $0.
no one is going send you any money, fuck off
>>
>>1460207
just video games. i don't have any consoles anymore. i'm not passionate about anything else. i can't afford other hobbies.
>>1460210
forgot this board existed
>>1460211
not asking for money
>>
Volunteer to get work experience. And exercise at home. What did you apply for?
>>
>>1460201
What are you posting from? sell it.
>>
>>1460230
a few hundred bucks would only last me a few months and it's not worth total isolation.
>>
>>1460231
A few hundred bucks can get you a bike. But I think you are better off with the phone.
>>
>>1460231
It would get you some steel toe boots though. That's the minimum requirement towards many easy to get jobs
>>
3DS games make good money second hand and you can emulate them later any way
>>
>>1460236
i applied for construction and other temp jobs and didn't get a call back
>>
>>1460210
i can't afford to go to another board.
>>
>>1460201
Fix your diet. If you live in a constant state of misery it's because your sleep, exercise, self image, etc, are all fucked up and diet is likely the root of much of that. I can't stress this enough, if your life is a wreak you can't fix it while eating garbage. I'm not going to give specific dietary advice, but more meat less sugar is a good place to start.
>>1460231
>total isolation
You lack community, welcome to the club. "Internet communities" are not a substitute for the real thing. The easiest place to find one is a Church. Put aside whatever reservations you have and just walk into one and say you want to talk to someone about your problems. If they get weird or make you uncomfortable go to another one.
Also don't stop applying for jobs, I know the job market is total bullshit, but you have to work with things the way they are. Try to do it in person even if you know they're just going to tell you to do it online. If they reject you just come back later and ask again. You should be so incredibly stubborn that you amuse yourself.
There have been millions of people who lived under horrible oppression and got though it by not giving up. You are not unlike those people because society has genuinely failed you, but don't let that be an excuse.
>>
>>1460243
>Church
none of the ones nearby are in english
>>
>>1460245
What language do they speak?
>>
>>1460245
Does anyone there speak english? Where do you live?
>>
>>1460245
If you learn the local language and become bilingual you will become a very valuable asset someday.
>>
>>1460246
>>1460247
>>1460249
i live in a majority ESL location in the USA. i speak 2 languages but it's not perfect and i can't really relate to anyone who is ESL on a cultural level. believe me, i put "bilingual high school graduate legal resident" on my resume and it hasn't improved my odds of employment. in fact, i'd say they've worsened because of it.
>>
What is your disability anyway?
>>
>>1460250
It's not about culture, it's about interpersonal relationships. I don't think a soft language barrier would stop them from trying to help you. I'm not religious or trying to convert you, but Christians are good people, it's what the Church is there for.
If culture is something you feel strongly about (first of all, good), then make it a long term goal to be able to move somewhere else. Even if you have a reason stay, just having the option will make you not feel trapped and you will get better a footing in the process.
>>
>>1460258
i don't know where i can fit in. i'm too americanized to relate to my neighbors but too poor to relate to americans
>>
i don't know what help they'd give me other than "just be yourself" or "just be patient and faithful" anyways. i've tried job fairs and temp agencies. nothing.
>>
>>1460260
You never know. They may have connections. You're just some kid. They may see their own kids in you and give you extra help.
>>
>>1460262
>They may have connections
they also may not speak english
>>
this town may as well be another country. nobody here speaks english. all the street signs are in another language. all the vendors and agencies are in another language. there are people born here who have lived there whole lives without ever having known a word of english. english-speaking americans are a rarity and almost all of them are tourists.
>>
>>1460263
But you do speak some of their language, right? Hey if they laugh you out of the Church you don't have to speak with them ever again. Even if you're an Atheist they could understand.
>>
>>1460259
This is a common feeling today. I suggest stop trying to fit in. I've met extremely awkward people who are still dignified and confident. If you are this self-conscious then I guarantee you aren't offending people when you step outside. Even if they literally laugh at you, they still don't find you disgusting or regret meeting you.

>>1460262
I was going to bring that up too. It's a lot harder to find a job without someone helping you.

>>1460263
You gotta get over that. You have to work with things the way they are. Let that motivate you to find a way out, not discourage you.
Also, and I'm just saying this because I'm someone who has no family that I can rely on or ask for help, but don't take your mom for granted. I honestly kind of envy you for having someone like that in your life.
>>
>>1460267
if i go in the confessional and i ask the priest if he speaks english and he says no i'm walking out. i don't even know the working hours of the church. i tried opening the doors of many churches during normal working hours but they're always closed. i don't know how churches "work" unless they're literally only for sunday morning sermons.
>>1460271
i can't just ask her to drive me everywhere all the time. she works 2 jobs, supporting my useless ass. i pity her and my brother for having to support me by themselves. i feel like a chewed up piece of gum under a desk.
>>
Does anyone know how the homeless collect money? Outside of panhandling or drugs? Can collecting?

Sorry to ask but have you asked your family for a loan or any help? I'm assuming you did or they live far away. You have to tell your mom about this if you somehow didn't yet.
>>
>>1460274
read the thread
>>
https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school
>>
File: 1341575808975.png (434 KB, 664x509)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>1460201
>>
>>1460273
I don't know if you've talked to them about it, but if not that sounds like a productive conversation you could have with them. I never met anyone who was resentful of providing for their family. They find value in it, and it gives them a sense of dignity. And I think you feel the way you do because you lack that. In other words if the tables were turned you would feel better and your household might feel like their a burden, even though you wouldn't see it that way. Have you tried seeing if they could try and get you a job where they work? Even if for some reason it was an unpaid arrangement it would show you possibilities that are unknown to you now, and if you carpool then it's not costing anyone anything.

As for Church yeah it depends. I was imagining going late in the morning on a Sunday around the time they finish the service, and everyone is still hanging around chatting. You don't have to walk right up to the priest first.

>>1460276
Oh fuck yeah, why didn't I think of that. I was in a similar position being supported by my grandparents and joining the military helped me get a start in life. Honestly it's shit and should be a last resort, but if you decide to join don't worry too much about the branch and job (there all garbage and 90% bullshit busy work), but just try to get a short of a contract as possible, there's a big difference between 4 years and 6 years. As for the mental illness, recruiters are good at hiding that shit however possible. If one's like "no that's a deal breaker" just go next door and see what the other branch has to say. 100% sure your not going to get in trouble for it.
>>
>>1460279
>Have you tried seeing if they could try and get you a job where they work?
short answer, yes. still a NEET.
>>
Do you have autism? If you do that's a potential gold mine. Even if you can never get needbux there's a lot of programs that can help you.
>>
>>1460288
i applied for goodwill (who hire people with disabilities) and they didn't call back. i guess i was too high-functioning. i'm just squarely mediocre at literally every aspect.
>>
>>1460289
Ask about their training programs made for the disabled. I did that with High functioning autism.
>>
>go to the plasma bank a few times and/or do odd jobs. (Learn something online)
>sell your remaining games, headphones and old phone and any technology that you can get money from
>save enough money for a ride to the nearest English speaking city and a hotel
>look around for jobs in the city
>apply for as many jobs as possible.
>get a bike
>get an apartment
>>
>>1460201
Volunteer at a thrift shop
Go read some books at the library
>>
>>1460279
i went to a church today and couldn't find anyone who works there who speaks english.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.