[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: imlyingbtw.png (299 KB, 367x433)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>actually a good game now that I hate open-world slop
>>
you like this game? I like this game.
>>
>>3478272
>Other games are worse so that makes this okay
Retards like you are exactly why we're in this mess.
>>
>>3478765
lol it’s just video games dawg. You do have other interests and goals, yes?
>>
>>3479187
Yes, and I hold them to similar levels of quality.
>>
>>3479192
Video games aren’t art tho
>>
>>3479192
this guy enjoys flipping his burgers everyone
>>
>>3478272
why do people act like ff13 is bad, because le hallway simulator. It is bad because you just do nothing except
>walk
>cutscene
>fight
>cutscene
No npc's, no minigames, no shit to explore, no secrets. The problem lies that it's basically like COD, but instead of having some action it's a rpg. Think of a snes type rpg, where all you do is walking some corridors and every once in a while you get some textboxes. Otherwise all you do is fight.
>>
>>3480047
Yeah, but Lightning is hot
>>
>>3480047
>Think of a snes type rpg, where all you do is walking some corridors and every once in a while you get some textboxes.
And this is only thing you ever need in an rpg. Everything else is westoid corruption of the genre.
>>
>>3480052
Not really. Just at best somewhat pretty but frankly I find her a bit dull looking.
>>
>>3480060
No, Lightning is in fact hot. The electrostatic discharge can release between 200 megajoules and 7 gigajoules of energy, depending on the type.
You can't even begin to comprehend how hot that is.
>>
>>3480052
>Yeah, but Lightning is hot
best female FF character in a sadly mediocre mainline game (lightning returns is incredibly fun tho)
>>3480055
>Everything else is westoid corruption of the genre.
even in ff1 you have at least a overworld, towns and npc's you can talk to faggot. FF13 even was going to have that, but they cut it out, thanks to having no vision.
>>
It wasn’t fun at all, just nothing but combat and that was basically it. 13-2 is so much better
>>
>>3480052
>Lightning is hot
Lightning is trans-Cloud.
>>
>>3480129
Isn't Cloud already a trans Cloud?
>>
>>3480129
No, see>>3480073
Cloud is not hot. Cloud cannot exceed 200 megajoules and 7 gigajoules of energy without turning into some sort of plasma concoction, and that just doesn't happen with enough regularity for us to start claiming it's the truth.
Get real.
>>
>>3480142
>Isn't Cloud already a trans Cloud?
No. Cloud is a dude, playing a dude (Zack) pretending to be a chick (Lightning) for Don Cornholio.
>>
>>3480281
>Cloud has a mass of 73kg
>60% of human body is water, therefore ~43.8 kg of just water
>heat of vaporization for water is 2.256 MJ/kg
>specific heat of human body is approximately 3.47 kJ/kg-K
>to raise a 73 kg mass by 80 degrees (from room temp, 20 C to boiling point of water, 100 C) with that specific heat would consume almost 20.3 MJ energy alone
>would require another ~98.8 MJ energy to vaporize just the water, much less the rest of Cloud
>this is all assuming 100% efficient energy transfer (lol)
>lightning heats air up to 50,000 C
>let's assume low value of 717 J/kg-K
>lightning channel is 3 cm diameter, 10 km length, ~7 cubic meters volume
>let's assume 1.2 kg/m^3, so 8.5 kg of air
>304.6 MJ of energy transferred just to the air before the lightning even strikes Cloud
>and then this is still assuming 100% efficient energy transfer (lol)
>don't forget to assume a spherical cow, and to neglect friction
Yeah bro, not buying it. Cloud would just fuckin' Meteorain that shit anyway.
DEBOONKED, sweaty.
>>
>>3480047
Because the charakter suck. All of them. It's like playing a game with all the people you hate from work.
>>
>>3480047
i hate ff13 cause its fucking boring and it makes you read a fucking wiki after every cutscene just to understand what the hell anyone just said
its just a dogshit game, ffx did everything ff13 did but better
>>
>>3481851
Brainlet. The story is not that complicated, it’s just a pyramid scheme collapsing in on itself. For this reason it remains one of the most artistically relevant statements, so much so that they had to retcon it in the sequels.
>>
>>3480129
cloud looks like a ftm though
>>
>>3482549
Lighting is ftm Cloud, Cloud is mtf Lightning, it's like poetry it rhymes
>>
>>3478272
I mean, we got several decades of non open world slop. No reason to attempt to rehabilitate FF13, this game is responsible for killing not one but two beloved companies. Square and Enix have never recovered from the reputation hit they got when this game was released.
>>
>>3482549
Around the time the game was released Nomura stated in an interview that it was intentional to make Lightning a female cloud.
>>
>>3483755
>Around the time the game was released Nomura stated in an interview that it was intentional to make Lightning a female cloud.
I know this is common knowledge and I was fully aware of the fact, but you know what has only just -and I'll admit it took a long time to- click for me:
In FF7:R the distorted timelines bullshit is ripped from XIII

I feel like an oblivious idiot.
>>
>>3483751
>this game is responsible for killing not one but two beloved companies
Retarded milenials being too much of spiritually void, gay bear cock loving faggots to appriciate it did that. Game is great if you aren't a retard.
>>
File: why???.png (3.35 MB, 3154x1783)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>3478272
I really like it. The characters are a little flat, but Lightning, Fang, Sahz, and Hope are pretty well developed characters. I also like the interactions between Hope and Snow, and how their relationship develops through the game. The Boss fights are tremendously fun. However, pic rel makes me painfully cringe every time I have the misfortune of seeing it. I would pay someone to make a mod to remove this part of the cutscene. The age difference between these characters just makes it very off-putting. I realize she's 19, but come on.
>>
>>3478272
anon get checked... You are suffering from brain damage
>>
We're at the point where people who grew up playing shit like ff13 are old enough to defend it online.
>>
>>3485832
It wouldn't bother me as much if Vanille didn't act 5 years younger than she actually is. Sahz even says something along the lines of "Still just a kid..." shortly after. I just don't like it, okay?
>>
>>3485921
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll only get worse.

In my case, I hated FFXIII but warmed to it later when I got into psychiatry and started seeing kids who grew up without parents. I revisited FFXIII about a year ago and realized the entire idea of Orphan, all of the main cast losing their parents (or being orphaned from the start) and the way they all react to it fit surprisingly well with I had learned about child psychology. I developed a grudging respect for what it tried to do (a family of hopeful orphans vs. the family of despairing ones,) but it is generally a bad game with some cool bits scattered throughout. Not a classic for most but maybe for a certain type of kid it just hit differently.
>>
>>3485939
>psychiatrist is mentally ill FF-fag
Not surprising desu
>>
>3485939
Didn't ask.
>>
>>3485957
You have no idea how many (((profesionals))) in the psychiatric industry play jrpgs.
>>
>>3485921
KMS
>>
>>3483923
Yeah FF7R is basically apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation faggot slop that Nomura and Nojima have been obsessed with since FF13 began development.
I can't believe we live in a world where Nojima/Nomura beat out Ito/Matsuda for creative control of Sqeenix.
>>
>>3478272
I liked Lightning Returns a lot.
>>
>>3486432
**Matsuno oops
>>
>>3479429
I sure do.
>>
This game had amazing armpits.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.