[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Which games do alchemy best?

Do you like them complex enough most would resort to wikis or intuitive enough anyone can dabble in it? Maybe just recipes?

Morrowind's seems good for making some variety but the effects for each ingredient are so all over the place that I end up only remembering how to make a few useful potions and forget the rest.

Breath of the Wild's system is extremely intuitive but there's no mastery. Once you know how it works (one ingredient for effect, one ingredient for potency) then you know everything you need.
>>
>>3477712
Morrowind is easily solved. right down the ingredients to what potions and you wont forget the rest. I have a whole notebook full of stuff like that for various games. so when im playing I just open my notes and go to that game and oh there's all my potions or whatnot.
>>
>>3477712
Morrowind is piss easy already and with alchemy, you only need like 20 minutes on and off to realise how to make shit that's so busted you have to follow some unwritten personal code of conduct and basically never touch alchemy again in order for the game not to have godmode turned on all the time.

That's the problem with alchemy, some players engage with it and some won't. So either it ends up being superfluous or completely fucking busted.
>>
atelier
>>
>>3478048
How does Atelier do alchemy?

Kinda just assumed it was recipe based.
>>
Almost certainly Morrowind. I like alchemy in a different game more for other reasons, but Morrowind's variety of available effects is unmatched by games that I know (or can remember, at least).
>>
>>3478048
Atelier alchemy is boring.
>>
File: 1704353524372400.gif (1.06 MB, 498x370)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>3477712
I'd say morrowind combined with the witcher, potions should have a toxicity level for balance reasons. You pass a threshold and you will start feeling side effects, which should prompt you to start developing purer mixtures or strengthen your constitution to better handle poisons. Morrowind has an incredibly wide arrange of potions and is the only game I know where you have to assemble an entire alchemy kit and ingredient weight is weighted for the final product. Problem is that Morrowind is terribly unbalanced and alchemy itself is the path to godhood, so that's why I think Morrowind+Witcher potion mechanics would work best. Morrowind also lacks poison crafting which is pretty dumb.
>>
>>3478048
>>3478118
Wich one I have Lulua and a trailer of Ryza showed how they had nothing to do with each other.
>>
File: 76749047_p0.jpg (1.04 MB, 1353x1617)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
I like Ryza because she is cute and because video games are irrelevant cancer.
>>
>>3477712
Atelier, by far.
>>
>>3477712
>Atelier games
Very cozy jRPG game series. Every generation has a different way to do alchemy.
Wasn't much of a fan of Sophie tetris puzzle alchemy. Ryza one was a bit more simpified but more fun including non turn-based combat.

>Potionomics
Cute story. Balance the ingridients and let them brew. Assemble a deck that you use in haggling to sell potions. Looking forward to endless mode.

>Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator
Love the immersion of it, and the way recipes work. And how you can improve them later on and use them as starting points for more complex recipes.
Also fun to guess what potion the customer wants.

>The Magical Mixture Mill
If you ever played factorio you would love this one. Automation and scaling to mass produce potions.
>>
File: maxresdefault-801303914.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>3477712
Kingdom Come: Deliverance did it pretty well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.