[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696549452241552.webm (3.91 MB, 1280x720)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
JRPGs are fucking bad because they are too shallow both in a tactical sense (As in the combat itself is too simple) and a strategic sense, builds are too similiar to each other and resource management is non-existent
Add how little character movesets tend to diverge from "Attack, Elemental Attack, Useless debuff, Hit Harder buff, Heal", especially in the early-to-mid game where all the fun strats are still locked off, and you get why standards for the genre are so low
>>
File: 1714480279127933.webm (3.73 MB, 1200x674)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB WEBM
>>
>JRPG
>posts westoid game
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3476809
How is the webm proving your post right in anyway?? SaGa Emerald Beyond is nothing like that, oh wait this is a terrible warpiggie seethe bait thread
>>
File: fagout.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>3476809
Unlike the complicated tactical action of
>Hit it until it dies
>Hit it from a distance until it dies
>Try to abuse landscape texture bugs to climb into a place so you don't have to fight it
>Press a dialogue option and get to save time by not playing the game
>>
>>3476809
>mindbroken wrpg player mad because jrpg players are enjoying their 80th release of the year whereas they haven't had a game since bg3
hide thread
>>
is this the part where we are supposed to take the bait and defend saga? because that won't happen. because saga is awful.
>>
this is just Pasta from >>>/v/675448520

>>3476854
it's a JRPG
>>
>>3476809
>OP is the same fagging saga faggot
>tries to make the same shitty thread on /v/ and bait people into defending saga
>people just call his game shit while he desperately bumps the thread for 12 hours
guess that didn't go as planned
>>
File: 1685990889492858.gif (2.69 MB, 304x408)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB GIF
>Still shitposting with multiple threads on multiple boards thinking nobody will notice
>Still doesn't work so now you pretend people are falseflagging to defend these games when it's really just you being a mindbroken faggot trying xir best to make people hate these games
This wouldn't happen if americans didn't refuse to classify mental illness as such and reinstated mental asylums
>>
>>3477071
>I'm not trying to defend saga honest!!!
>bumps the thread
Retard.
>>
File: 1712632751955507.png (120 KB, 585x419)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>3477073
>tu quoque thoughlbeit
Yes, I will bump your shitty thread so you seethe some more as your shitposting attempts keep failing miserably, just as they're doing on /v/
>>>/v/675448520
>>>/v/675474193
>>
>>3477061
IP counts being removed emboldens these strange creatures, whereas formerly I would simply post
>x posts
>y IPs
>Grim.
Thus causing the samefagger to stop posting out of shame. It was a strange decision to remove it desu.
>>
>>3477077
what mental illness it is
>>
File: GFroGdCaYAA_Wx4.jpg (96 KB, 800x792)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>3476893
>Jarpig has no job
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>3477080
He's been doing it for months, go to the archives and search for the image hash of the Bonnie webm on /v/, it's actual mental illness.
Now he's trying to shift the narrative by pretending it's fans of the series doing this after using all possible arguments to shit on these games, one of the more recent ones being that it looks like a WEG.
>>
>>3476809
Jrpg tards dont care about gameplay or anything really, they just want waifubait and mindless comfy adventure. basically they just want to interact with the anime instead of watching it
>>
>>3477081
topkek
>>
>>3477081
>mutt doesn't know what a timezone is
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>3477325
>Jarpig tendies can't get humor since their brains ain't functioning after playing 80 gaijinslops in quarter
>>
Same post archived on /v/ and now you have to repeat it here?
>>
>>3477440
Why not? I'm in 3 days long weekend and I'm fucking bored
>>
>>3476809
I don't care, and you are a faggot
>>
>>3477456
>Sven adds himself to main menu because he can
I dislike his games, but I respect him.
>>
>>3476889
This is an action game. It has first person shooting action elements in addition to the shallow RPG tactics. You can say it's shallow but turn based RPGs are just as much. When you give up action and stick to turn based there is an expectation that you are going to be more tactical because being able to plan out everything and read small details on the abilities allows that.

Like just as an example of how weak we are talking. In a first person shooter you can have half a dozen different types of guns, shut guns, energy weapons, smg, ar, sniper, etc. And they all have their strength and weakness and theres tactics in figuring out when to use which. Why the fuck don't turn based JRPGs which are expected to have greater tactics than a fucking first person have this? With very few exceptions the difference between a sword, an axe, a spear, and often even the difference between melee and range weapons is just the animation. And again turn based party combat should be expected to beat a first person shooter in terms of tactical depth.

That post of yours sure backfired.
>>
>>3480403
Stop bumping the thread
>>
>>3476809
Debuff deez nuts
>>
>>3476809
I find them so boring
>>
File: 55u0mrrltqf81.jpg (915 KB, 2536x1823)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>3477790
That's nothing. Old bioware used themselves and their wives as a reference for BG1 portraits
>>
File: dem_662ab63ce66c3.png (441 KB, 951x798)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>>3476809
You trash this board. I trash /v/ in general. Video games have become digital serfdom financial shenanigans for culturally sterile zoomers who get gaming performance-enhancing amphetamines from their abusive psychiatrists.

Reclaim digital sovereignty. Pirate anime. Watch Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica. Play or watch Xenogears, play Xenosaga (skip 'blade). These will awaken your intellect.

Learn chess and Go. Learn several foreign languages to fluency. Learn to mess with scammers and /pol/tards and get them to dox themselves or bluff them into developing catastrophic onset schizophrenia. Make a fool of your psychiatrist. Establish your own school of psychiatry like Victor Frankl. Pursue two postdocs. Receive academic posts in all countries of said foreign languages. Construct your own Gods of the Mind like Fei. Self actualize.

Resurrect the minds of deceased friends and mentors. Direct Gods of Mind to drive the development of technology thousands of years beyond your mortal brain. Take command of thermonuclear failsafe. Outlive Lamech. Outlive Methuselah.

https://youtu.be/lCKqLxJ6ROc?si=YXJWZTN0d8MZSxOz
>>
>>3482735
Thank you, my inner schizo. It is nice to know that you have my back.
>>
>>3476809
I get the impression from being on this board that western crpg enjoyers spend more time complaining about jrpgs than they do actually playing and talking about the games they imply are superior. If you don’t like jrpgs that’s fine. There are many people who do like them and would prefer they aren’t changed to accommodate the whims of baldurs gate d&d fanatics. Can jrpgs not simply exist?
>>
>>3482783
>I get the impression from being on this board that western crpg enjoyers spend more time complaining about jrpgs than they do actually playing and talking about the games they imply are superior. If you don’t like jrpgs that’s fine. There are many people who do like them and would prefer they aren’t changed to accommodate the whims of baldurs gate d&d fanatics. Can jrpgs not simply exist?
My thoughts? get meds.
>>
>>3482783
sadly wrpg players are absolutely mindbroken by the fact that they get 1 game every two or so years and they have nobody to take that out on but jrpg players.
>>
>hijab
>>
File: 5342.jpg (25 KB, 303x294)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3482783
>>3482794
>sadly wrpg players are absolutely mindbroken by the fact that they get 1 game every two or so years
>while no life, 24/7 online jarpigtendies eat up same dozens of trash by every quarter
>>
File: daigosad.png (540 KB, 681x779)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>3476809
WRPGs are bad because theyre too ugly to play.
>>
File: troon vegas.png (392 KB, 600x600)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>3482794
It's too much estrogen in their bodies making them hysterical.
>>
>>3482783
>Can jrpgs not simply exist?
They can. It's just that there are all these people who seem to not understand or don't want to understand that if someone likes what you don't like, you're supposed to just not give a shit.
>>
>>3483555
You make constant threads complaining about their existence thoughbeit, I don't give a shit but I do find it really hilarious and weird that you eternally seethe about it
>>
>>3483598
I'm op and this is my first 2024 /vrpg/ thread, this jarpig nigger suffers from schizophrenia and you will die woefully alone without any family, even friends

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.