[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

The ride never ends

MHN Database, contains everything you could ever need such as a set builder, info on monster HP, partbreak HP and break rewards, upcoming event info, and more
http://mhn.quest

Current event - times are your own local time
>Qualily’s Special Quests - Tuesday, May 7th, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, May 12th, at 11:59 p.m.
>Lots of gathering rewards, zenny, and a Wyvern Gem Shard

Upcoming Events - times are your own local time
>Prepare for Zinogre: Ice Element Quests - Monday, May 13th, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, May 19th, at 11:59 p.m.
>Barioth returns as a Hunt-a-thon monster, and increased Legiana in the field
>Also a Wyvern Gem Shard reward from the quests, and boosted basic rewards from killing Legiana and Barioth. You can expect it to be the first 2 items being doubled like with the Thunder Element event in April

>Bolt from the Wilds: Zinogre - Monday, May 20th, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, May 26th, at 11:59 p.m
>ZINOGRE APPEARS IN THE FIELD LETS GO
>Also a Zinogre plate as event mission reward

>Even Happier Hunting! - Monday, May 27th, at 9:00 a.m. until Wednesday, June 5th, at 11:59 p.m.
>Join more group hunts during this event for epic rewards and even some limited-time quests to boot!

Other notes:
Season 1 will end on June 12th. Make sure you have finished the Vernal Invader storyline, and finished your season pass.

How to Spoof:
>unrooted: fake gps, wont be able to kill anything as long as you have it open but you can paintball monsters for later
>unrooted: VMOS, shady as fuck, will steal all your data
>rooted: magisk, lposed, playintegrityfix, fake gps

Previous thread:
>>1373615
>>
File: 1685700036015959.jpg (1.49 MB, 1170x2532)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
first for monster breeding
>>
I hope the next update allows you to track sub species. Maybe have it as rare spawn to normal version. Like 5% chance tracked rathalos will be azure.
Really liking how things have been changing for the better.
>>
>>1468485
Finally got all my main weapons to 5 stars thanks to the tracker, time to get to collecting armor pieces for skills. Hopefully zinogre and barioth gets added to the tracker too when they get their field time
>>
I got my Tobi Hammer to Grade 9. Thinking about powering up another element to expand my Wyvern farming capabilities. Ice seems to have a ton of easy monsters, but I could use the extra damage on Fire monsters since they're tougher. I got a ton of Jyu mats for Water, but I hate fighting all the Water fuckers.

I might just go Ice. Any suggestions?
>>
Decided to upgrade my Fortune Fan DBs to grade 8, but I guess that still wasn't enough to kill an 8* Radobaan. I have max Dragon Attack and Burst 2, but the armors available don't allow for much more than that. Maybe I have to get every the perfect dodge I can, or just focus on a single broken part...
>>
>>1468794
It's what I had to do with my 7.5 Lance. I focused on the left leg. After I broke it, I just kept the pressure on it. It's important that you dodge the sleep attack. Don't back away and wait, every second counts.
I start the fight with a special, and build up enough to execute another one with 20-30 seconds on the clock.
>>
>>1468807
>it's important that you dodge attacks
gee really?
>>
>>1468794
Actually, it looks like I can kill it, but only just barely. And it requires two specials. One immediately at the start, then another as soon as I can get it.
>>
>Barioth and Zinogre can't be tracked
Booooo
>>
>>1470517
I'm really quite miffed with the way Barioth is being handled.
>>
>>1470517
Aw what? That's bollocks.
Thanks to the HaT update I've been able to hunt Zinogre 5 times. Yes I still don't have the materials for a single weapon or armor piece.
>>
>>1470710
>Thanks to the HaT update I've been able to hunt Zinogre 5 times. Yes I still don't have the materials for a single weapon or armor piece.
How the fuck have you been unable to solo a 5* Zinogre since it's release? Wtf are you even doing
>>
I'm constantly having to throw away grade 1 monster parts I'm going to eventually need because I'm running out of box space and absolutely starved for small bones and iron ore. I have like 10 different pieces I could upgrade to a whole higher tier right now if I suddenly had like 200 each of iron and small bones. I have 103 Malachite right now. I have single digit iron.

But the way everybody talks online they're supposed to be super plentiful, the base starter weapons are alleged to be worth it for the first few star levels simply because of how cheap they are, one guide even recommended iron and small bones be one of the first things to throw away if you start running out of box space because they're easily replaceable and you probably have hundreds lying around.

HOW? FUCKING HOW?? HOW AM I PLAYING THIS GAME SO WRONG?
>>
>>1470517
Both are considered "special" spawns, so that's not surprising. From the sound of the announcement, Barioth isn't even in the normal field spawns, which hardly makes sense for being one of the only two Ice monsters in the game at this point. Removing Barioth from the field but then adding all these Ice-weak-only monsters is just puzzling. It's not even like it's even a minimum 5* rarity like every other limited variant.

>>1470849
I do throw away Iron Ore, Monster Bone S, Sharp Claws, and Wingdrake Hides the most often, but they are used for just about everything. It's just that later upgrades use so much at a time that you'll quickly deplete any reserves you have. I'm constantly butting up against my inventory limit now, so I do a complete dump of rarity 1 parts for monster equipment I know I won't use.
Rarity 1: 0-100
Rarity 2: 40-60, up to 100 for field materials
Rarity 3: 30-40, up to 100 for field materials
Rarity 4: 30-40
Rarity 5: 15-30
>>
>>1470859
>Removing Barioth from the field but then adding all these Ice-weak-only monsters is just puzzling.
it's called making you spend money on HAT.

before it was ice and barioth it was electric and zinogre and dragon with pink rathian and deviljho.

>It's just that later upgrades use so much at a time that you'll quickly deplete any reserves you have.
I'm just trying to get a full set of rank 6s for the abilities and so I can finally accept the deviljho rewards and upgrade to 7 star monsters in the field. It doesn't matter how good I can dodge, I'm not taking on 7 stars with 5 1/5. Hell, until monster tracking, my water attack armor was still in the 4's even, it's just all water weak monsters are jobbers.
>>
>>1470863
*HAT and carving knives
>>
>>1470863
The problem being that Barioth was a normal field spawn, but then later removed as part of the "seasonal change", and then they added all of the Ice-weak monsters before you even knew that you should have been building up Ice weapons.

Not only that, but Barioth hasn't even been available in HATs again until now. So it's been like... 2-3 months maybe, where your only source of Ice weapons has been from Legiana. I understanding wanting to get people to actually play HATs, but Barioth has been largely unavailable for hardly any reason. At least the other variants and special monsters are usually a grade above to provide stronger weapons and armor, but Barioth is a tier underneath the evergreen Legiana.
>>
>>1470863
do you just sit at home to play this? do you go out at all
>>
>>1470787
Because I live in a crap area with two spots
One is on private property and the other I'd 2 miles away
>>
>open game
>look for my daily 8 stars zinogre humillation ritual
>nothing but barioths
>close game
>>
>>1471073
Admittedly mostly at home and work. Between my 3 daily paintballs and tracking, my roommate's 3 daily paintballs and tracking, whatever is currently spawned in our house when we run through those paintballs, whatever spawns at work, and whatever HAT is going on at the mural in the dance studio next door to work, it's enough to eat through my 5 free medkits most days.
Plus with a little finagling, both work and home are positioned to hit most of the normal gather spawns all the way around their respective blocks. So I'd have to drive somewhere specifically to play like a park, or else start with a fully charged phone from home play while walking out until 50% battery, and then turn around and come back the other way to really increase my gathering. Which is what i was doing for the first couple weeks it was out, because I had just severely hurt my back and it was good exercise to regain feeling in my leg. But my phone is usually nearly dead after work these days, I have to charge wirelessly because the port broke, which both restricts my opportunities to charge and slows the speed, so by the time I'd be back to full and ready to walk it would be close to dark. Plus my roommate works from home and is overweight so is legit kind of sedentary, the couple times he came with me on those he was as dead as my phone by the end.

Speaking of why my phone is nearly dead after work and needs charging at all, I run deliveries at work and have adv sync turned on, so presumably the cat should be picking up any gather spots I pass running those all around the county, unless google maps being on turns it off or something. Literally went all the way from BG to Gallatin today, surely I should have passed some loot somewhere in there, right?
>>
Since Barioth is going away again, there's no point in building any of its weapons yet again. But at least I managed to finish up my Barioth chest so that I can fit Focus 4 onto my Ice set.
>>
File: survivor-big-mistake.gif (148 KB, 220x159)
148 KB
148 KB GIF
>>1472599
This Ice Event was fucking awful. Barioth only in HATS, but Zinogre can take over a spot. This stupid thunder dog already had 2 HAT focused events and it has another wild event coming up, fuck off. It should have been Barioth and Legiana only HATS.
And despite the claim that Legiana had boosted spawns, it didn't fucking make a difference. They only spawn in swamp. Good luck if your area didn't get the swamp biome that day. Most spawns are still taken up by the 13 other fucking monsters in this biome. I ran into more Tzis, Odog, Banbs and Rados than Leg. I've gotten more from using the tracker than out in the wild.
>>
>>1472848
honestly the only worthwhile part of the event is getting double WGS drops from 8* legiana, too bad i havent gotten a single WGS from him during the whole event so meh
>>
>>1472927
I just realized I probably should have been tracking Legiana even if I was trying to build a Jyura weapon right now. Make the best use of the event and all that.
>>
this game is not very hikikomori friendly
HAT events are just cruel :c
>>
>>1473395
just live on top of 2 gathering nodes
>>
they should just ban everyone using the black diablos bow and then we'll be rid of 99% of spooftranneis
>>
>>1473751
I detect a note of salt
>>
>>1473751
Mad
>>
So what's everyone's current problem monster? I'm still incredibly inconsistent killing an 8* Radobaan, but at least all of my water-weak monsters seem to be under control now. Actually aside from 8* special monsters, the most things I seem to get tripped up on are all Ice-weak monsters: Radobaan, Diablos, and Odogaron. They're huge and/or all over the place and I'm using ranged.
>>
>>1474314
Managed to get all my weapons to grade 5 and the damage output is just right for my current rank, so now I'm just slowly progressing the story to grade up the field monsters and getting my weapons to 5.5. If I had to think of one it would probably deviljho, bastard always comes right up to you before attacking so my tobi bow has a tough time doing optimal damage. Gonna see how doable soloing it with dual blades is and if that's more fun
>>
>>1474314
Banbaro 8* but that's just me still toughing it out with a 8 5/5 Datura String while also working on my elemental sets, a support Girros Nadja build, and a Tank DPS Grief Lance set. :/
>>
File: 1496936165687.jpg (82 KB, 960x960)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>Need a Jyuratodous Primeshell to upgrade my water gs to Grade 6
>They're dropped from *6 Jyuratodous
>Mark a *6 Jyuratodous in my personal cat grinding paintball
>Hunt around 60 of them ever since this method was introduced just awhile ago
>Absolutely no primeshell from it yet

This game sucks.
>>
After all this damn time I finally have enough zinogre mats to make one fucking piece of Zinogre gear
And idk which
>>
>>1475009
You mean armor? Because although you could probably build an 8* weapon with the event rewards they've given out so far, you're still going to be limited by HATs.
I built the gloves first, just because I needed to getting Thunder Attack 5. It's also good to have redundant sources to be able to mix and match your other armor skills.
>>
>>1475021
Weapon or armor, doesn't matter.
I have a Tobi SnS and Tzitzi DBs.
I'll go for the gloves.
>>
>>1474921
>not breaking the tail
shiggydiggy
>>
>>1474921
6* is bare minimum. Go higher for increased drop rates.
>>
Bets on the new weapon?

They're also adding one new monsters every month during the summer season. Rajang bros, is it our time?
>>
>>1475899
There's Heavy Bowgun, Gun Lance and Insect Glaive left I think. Last weapon was Charge Blade, so I'm thinking they'll add one with an easier moveset, which would rule out GL at least.

Kushala is starting out the summer, so there will probably be a buildup in difficulty before Rajang shows up. Potentially replacing Zinogre as the featured HAT "pinnacle" monster, with hopefully a permanent shift for Zinogre to field monster. The monster-unique Rarity 6 materials will continue to be AIDS though. It's hard enough being able to farm WGS from all other monsters.
>>
>>1475911
We're missing Switch Axe, Insect Glaive, Heavy Bowgun, Gunlance and Hunting Horn
>>
>>1475899
Mine is on Switch-Axe, with a bar similar to DB
>>
File: MHN roadmap.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Hunters,

We’ve updated the roadmap with the latest coming to Monster Hunter Now. Updates bring new monsters, new weapons, and even new elements!

Get ready for the first-ever appearance of elder dragons to the Monster Hunter Now field! Plus, we’re turning up the heat by adding one additional monster per month all summer long!

We’re also planning an epic event to close out Season 1 and that is just the beginning!

More monster events are coming, plus this fall look forward to another major upate to commemorate the 1-year anniversary of Monster Hunter Now.

But before we celebrate, it’s time to prepare for our first-ever summer major update, so ready your equipment and head out for some thrilling hunts with your fellow hunters!

Thank you for your continued support of Monster Hunter Now!

Additional Information:

*Details of the update are subject to change without notice.

Be sure to follow us on social media for all the latest news!
>>
>>1475899
they are kushala, mizutsune and basarios or lavasioth
they have all been data mined ages ago
>>
>the legiana event gave me so many mats that when i finish upgrading my sns to 10.1, i can start a new weapon and upgrade that all the way to 10.1 as well
Other than being gated by WGS and earth crystals, of course, but wew
>>
Just got b2b2b gem shards from an Odogaron, a Jagras, and then a Rathian urgent while sitting at home just wanted to let you guys know
>>
File: image0.jpg (233 KB, 1290x2796)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
Correction: b2b2b2b
>>
Turns out I can solo a field 8* Zinogre... IF ZINOGRE DIDN'T LAG THE FUCK OUT OF THE GAME.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.