[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kp1p6guc82xc1.jpg (234 KB, 1000x1413)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
Anniversary (July 27) and collab (Live A Live) anticipation thread.
>>
File: 1711308972758033.jpg (515 KB, 2048x1152)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
Roadmap.
>>
File: Cygna.jpg (830 KB, 2000x2000)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
And here's Cygna the Incarnation of Evil, she'll be here praying for your good fortune.
>>
File: 1658889259551018.png (994 KB, 1920x1980)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>
File: IMG_3473.jpg (1.47 MB, 2286x1290)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Who here got Ogen? Enjoyed the hell out of his story.
>>
File: IMG_3480.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Shall we take bets on who’s gonna be the featured character on the week of Emberflame 3?

My money’s on it being the Nier Automata crew (2B, 9S & A2). Theirs is the only banner that hasn’t been rerun and I got a feeling that they wanna get all the crossovers out of the way before they give us Live a Live.

Bravely Default was already released three times and Triangle Strategy had a sudden and unceremonious rerelease last month. So this month, it’s time for the androids to come out!

Glory to Mankind!
>>
>Have been inside three best girls
Sazantos is so lucky...
>>
File: Yang Long.jpg (50 KB, 452x417)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1467824
I did Yang Long's story
It was fine overall but I have few problem
>he was labeled as "assassin" somewhere, but he was more like a war monk
>where the fuck are his crows? you would think they will play a part in his story since they are taking 50% of his portrait but no. They only show up in his battle
BTW..... God help us in his EX3 fight
We gonna have to face these motherfuckers
>>
File: smile and optimism.jpg (69 KB, 626x667)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Retard from last week here. I worked hard putting together the best possible team I could and I just beat BoA Chapter 8!!! My team was
>Elrica/Rinyuu
>Canary/Alaune EX
>Richard/Bargello
>Nephti/Primrose EX
Yeah, pretty meta but I pulled hard for all of those except Prim who I got as an offbanner chasing Bargello. Elrica is incredible, glad she lived up to the hype. Prim did almost nothing, she even died in the second (third?) last phase of the fight when one of the final 3 rings charmed Elrica and she nuked Prim. but it was fine without her, so more of a 7 man clear. Also used several Hell Valore NPCs to top off and extend debuffs here and there.
Holy shit, I might as well uninstall now (I won't) because no way are they topping this. That was the best jrpg final boss fight I've done since Lavos back in the 90s. Incredible stuff, it's a shame so many people, including Octopath fans, will miss out on this because it's in a gacha game.
Spoilers for BoA Ch8:
Also, I gotta say, Sazantos' Utopia might be the best take on turning the world into a utopia while still being the "real world" and not Heaven that I've seen in fiction. I can't really side with the MCs on this one, destroying/rejecting it is ten thousand times worse than the ending of Gundam Seed Destiny. At least in that anime, the MCs' side was sympathetic because they were fighting for free will but Sazantos doesn't even remove free will to make things perfect. It's not even a perfect world per se, it's just straight up better than the existing one. I thought he was going to remove ALL desire from humanity but nope, he just moderates it so there's no excessive desire ie greed and seems to have rid everyone's hearts of evil as well. I can't forgive him for all the horrible stuff he did leading up before he tried to make Utopia, but once he got that power, he really would've saved the world harder than the MCs or any hero could've.
>>
Was Vide's theme the best video game song of 2023? Are there any bangers in this?
>>
>>1468993
It's always gonna be a matter of taste, but I love all the music in this game. The Octopath orchestra does a terrific job.
>>
>>1468343
>he was labeled as "assassin" somewhere, but he was more like a war monk
Yeah, I was wondering why he was called "the eastern assassin" when he never did any assassination work. At least it sounds cool.
Agreed about the crows. "No I don't know any crows, animals just like me some reason." but you NAMED them. Wu and Siu.
>>
9 more days…only 9 more days until the next Tavern Talk.

Then we get birds and figure out who’s next.
>>
>>1468888
>Destiny plan shilling
You guys need to stop taking people at their word
>>
Is there a reason why everybody's doing Largo clears suddenly? Like in the last few days I've seen 7 already. I get people want to show off their new Ogens but only 3 of those 7 actually have Ogen?? The other 3 are dagger, the last one is a 4-star only clear.
>>
>>1469352
ditraina ditraina ditraina ditraina ditraina
although it's kinda dangerous for me now since ochette was one of the characters that launched with side solistia, right? hope there's enough of a gap between em
>>
>>1469592
Ochette most likely won’t be appearing until November (rough estimate).

Ditraina’s a possibility. The problem is, if we get Ditraina now, who’s coming when Emberflame Story 4 comes out and n September?
>>
>>1469595
You’re probably wondering how I came up with November. Lemme give you a quick run through of how things will likely play out:

>May - Emberflame Story 3
>June - Live a Live Crossover
>July - Bestower of All Epilogue (End of Side Orsterra)
>August - Emberflame Story 4
>September - Ringbearer Chosen 1 (Beginning of Side Solistia)
>October - Emberflame Story 5
>November - Ringbearer Chosen 2

Hmm…actually after comparing the Roadmap, they reverse Emberflame 5 and Ringbearer Chosen 2. So it’s actually…

Ringbearer Chosen 1 (Throne)
Ringbearer Chosen 2 (Ochette)
Emberflame 5
Ringbearer Chosen 3 (Partitio)
2nd Bravely Default Crossover
Milgardi (Montwise Coliseum release)
Ringbearer Chosen 4 (Osvald)
Nier: Replicant Crossover
Ringbearer Chosen 5 (Hikari)
Cross Story (two months)
Yet ANOTHER Crossover
Ringbearer Chosen 6 (Agnea)

Yeah…we’re looking at about three months per chapter release.
>>
>>1469601
(After Ringbearer Chosen 3 that is…)
>>
>>1468993
Octopath games have a weird trend for me. Their final bosses first phases's themes are better than their second ones.
The One They Call The Witch > Daughter of the Dark God
Bestower of All > Chosen By The Light
Vide, the Wicked > Those Who Deny The Dawn.
>>
>>1469474
Funny, I just finished my Yan Long grind yesterday and was gonna start my Largo grind today. Just gotta find a clear that's not too much of a hassle, I don't have Ogen.
>>
Speaking of Largo, has anyone ever used him for anything? In all the countless youtube clears of various pieces of content I've seen over the years, Largo is the only arena champion I've never used in anything, ever.
>>
>>1470181
Nope. Leveling him is a waste of resources.
>>
>>1470181
Believe it or not, I’ve seen Largo used in clears before.

He’s got a move called Special Fragrant Dumpling which provokes all enemies and lowers their attack (15%). Stick some defensive buffs on Largo and you have yourself a decent tank at hand.
>>
Fuck, I forgot about the long Square Enix Bridge maintenance today. Guess I'll play in another 5.25 hours from now.
>>
You folks ready to get Krauser and Rondo tomorrow?

As for me, I’ll be waiting to see what’s happening in Tavern Talk before I make any attempts on that banner.
>>
>>1469601
thanks for putting this together
sometimes i question how slow we get new characters but since I'm just playing casually at this point, the wait doesn't feel as bad
>>
>>1470181
His taunt+debuff move is quite valuable
>>
>>1471557
I missed on Krauser, I struggled in the elite tower because I don’t have one
I may try pulling him up
>>
File: IMG_7052.jpg (98 KB, 640x360)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1472227
My prayer is answered, got the dude on the first pulls
I will definitely stop here and save up until the next big banner
>>
>>1472325
Congrats bro, that's awesome! I wish I could pull for Rondo, he's the missing MT I want the most, but I gotta keep saving. Only got 800 rubies and worst case scenario I'll need 10,500 for Odio-O plus Sazantos/Cygna.
>>
We only have 3 more of the "elite" 4* characters left to go, right? and then I can finally stop watching these ads for games featuring giant fetish women?
>>
>>1472676
Bruh, all eleven of them have been released for months now.
>>
Getting word that Chinese servers have 4-Stars as starters just like JP. Not only that, but for some reason, you can’t reroll!

Remember, in EN you can only get a 5-Star as a starter.
>>
File: IMG_3525.jpg (3.1 MB, 2271x1290)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
>>1472325
Well done! I got me a Krauser too. Took two 10-Pulls and now I can get him to A4.

Indomitable Eyepatch here I come!
>>
>>1472730
oh... whoops... ha ha surely my 300 extra elite fragments will come in handy for my dumb ass someday ToT
>>
>>1472734
An interesting approach…There’s a version of the EX Sigrid Banner that uses traveler seals instead of rubies.
>>
I kinda wanna roll for Rondo but its only because he's genki
I already have Elrica and Lars so he adds nothing.
>>
>>1472562
>>1472749
I say you better not to, we’re about to get the other two Sword niggas. His 5 hits AOE sword/light fucks hard but we are all tight on rubies
>>1472737
What are his minimum priorities? A1 then U10 or the other way around?
>>
>>1472968
I would say minimum priorities would have to be A2, followed by U10. Krauser is the type of person you wanna have 4 skills for since two of them will only be used once.

If you got Bargello, you can replenish his Ultimate, Recoup, in turn replenishes his Ultra Attacks.
>>
>>1467824
who plays this
>>
>>1473685
People with good taste in games.
>>
>>1473685
People who are at the end game of Another Eden
>>
>>1473685
nobody
just like every other shit enix garbage
saga shit has stopped being from generous to one of the greediest games out there with infuriating powercreep
this game is greedy as shit with one of the worst gacha incomes
final fantasy is a joke

a lesson should be taken to avoid square enix mobile games like the plague
>>
>>1473685
I'm interested in it, it look like FFA and FFA2
>>
>>1473685
People who like jrpgs. People who prefer pixel to 3D graphics. Octopath Traveler fans. People who liked OT1 but wished it had better gameplay and/or story. Mobage fans who want a game world they can actually run around in and explore instead of just a series of menus with a hub and battle screens. Whales.
>>
>>1473685
Me
>>
>>1473685
Gambling addicts and people with an infinite amount of time because doing anything takes an eternity.
>>
Two more days until Tavern Talk…
>>
Hopefully they will release OST Vol 2 in the west soon
>>
One more day until Tavern Talk…
>>
File: IMG_6837.jpg (208 KB, 1244x799)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>1467824
WOOOWOOWOOO….SLOW DOWN , WOMAN

Btw he is kinda a quirky asshole for being a divine beast
>asks for the weakness
>”Don’t tell him”
>>
Release Phina before Ceraphina
Release Osasuna before Pardis

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.