[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Street-Sharks-Featured.jpg (104 KB, 1200x676)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Discuss all things Street Sharks here.
-Toys?
-Comics?
-Likely new show?
>>
You know what is the biggest problem with the OG Street Sharks is that the paint on the rubbery parts starts to crack off as time goes on.

It's very difficult to find one with good paint in my experience.
>>
>>10967877
>It's very difficult to find one with good paint
And yet people will still try and charge you through the nose for it. That's why I'm glad this new series of figures is coming out.
>>
Guesses on when the new show is getting announced?
I'd say before this year's SDCC so the trailer can be shown.
>>
File: marvelstreetsharks.jpg (418 KB, 984x1500)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>10967862
reminder that they were originally a Marvel parody of TMNT
>>
File: newscunt.png (396 KB, 369x419)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
Think we'll see people get them in hand in May?
>>
>>10967862
So ready for these, my parents threw all the ones I had away when when I was a kid.
>>
File: f51.jpg (227 KB, 1000x712)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>10968586
If you can swap parts with Masters of the Universe Origin toys you can make W turtle / street shark abomination because of the Turtles of Greyskull crossover
>>
>>10968586
Always thought it was based on Maui and Son's
>>
>>10968744
Is this the Australian street shark?
>>
>>10968886
Or wait until the blatantly obvious TMNT X Street Sharks collab likely coming out next year.
>>
>>10968908
>Maui and Son's
Which is older?
>>
>>10967877
>You know what is the biggest problem with the OG Street Sharks is that the paint on the rubbery parts starts to crack off as time goes on.
skill issue
Mine are fine.
>>
>>10967925
id rather buy 1 good looking OG one than 3-4 new ones
>>
>>10969100
Sharkman started in the very early 90s or super late 80s after the Turtle craze started up. Before it was a shark with sunglasses over the main cookies logo
>>
>>10968744
can you post the mecho shark reaction pic from last thread?
>>10969222
there's something magical about how universal the appeal of sharks is. it really surprises me they didnt try reviving the street sharks sooner. boys love sharks as much as they love dinosaurs.
>>
>>10969372
At least Mattel has finally figured out it’s impossible to make kids today care about Masters of The Universe given how they don’t care about sword and sorcery as opposed to stuff like sharks and big beefy things.
>>
Would be ironic if Mattel reunites the CGI MOTU crew for a new SS show given how Jeff Matsuda was the character designer for the 2007 CGI Ninja Turtles movie.
>>
>>10969627
>Jeff Matsuda was the character designer for the 2007 CGI Ninja Turtles movie.
the fuck, really? I like these a lot (almost as much as the 2002 ones)
>>
>>10969556
it seems like MOTU failed again mostly because of critical media mismanagement. its the same shit with alot of those 80s staples. seems like the majority of them all got the ghostbusters treatment. anyways I hope a new street sharks turns out good if it happens
>>10969627
im praying for this
>>
>>10969627
>>10969723
Considering that there was going to a modern setting because of portal shenahiggins, where some classic villains would be reinterpreted as universal movie monsters., hell yeah introduce sharks
>>
If there is going to be a new show, I REALLY hope they don't change anything major. Now that the next Ninja Turtles show is a continuation of that piece of shit from last year with the turtles going to high school, shamelessly stealing the TMNT formula would be a major advantage.

Just make it a modern update of the original show but with higher quality writing, stylized CGI, more emphasis on character depth, and more "tongue-in-cheek" and dry humor. Maybe use Piranoid more sparingly so there can be a sense of dread and build-up to him appearing a la Megatron in Transformers Animated or Skeletor in the CGI MOTU.
>>
>>10970421
>If there is going to be a new show, I REALLY hope they don't change anything major.
dude are you retarted?
Possibly a zoomer?

Why you talking like Street Sharks is some epic beloved thing.
S.S. fucking sucked. Even as a kid I didn't like to watch it. It was one of those "bottom of the barrel" shows that you watch in between when better shows were not on TV.

It's all so suspicious. I won't be surprised if it's just zoomers roleplaying as "super fans of Street Sharks".
Nobody likes street sharks.
We just think that those giant rubber toys were cool.

There is NOTHIGN to "get wrong" in Street Sharks because their tv-show was fucking awful.
>>10970421
>stylized CGI
what
what the fuck. No.
>>
>>10970425
Yeah the show sucked (What did you expect? It was 90s DIC.) but could work if redone right. Especially with the competitors weakened at the moment.
>>
>>10970427
>street sharks reboot movie is announced
>stars Chris Pratt, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart
>wholesome CGI movie for the whole family
Why the fuck would you want any media tie in for Street Sharks in the current year? You are just asking for the monkey paw to curl aggressively. The best thing that could happen is the toy line does well by itself and we just get some cool figures without Hollywood fucking things up.

If Trigger got the rights to do a street shark reboot I would be thrilled, but I honestly doubt that would ever happen and I think Street Sharks is just better off as an obscure toy line not getting fucked by the long dick of diversity and inclusion obsessed Hollywood.
>>
>>10970425
>>10970507
i enjoyed the series alot as a kid. it was great because of how over the top it was. its like if canon films made a tmnt clone, if you cant enjoy that much I dont know what to tell you. honestly your complaints are more applicable to the extreme dinosaurs series than street sharks. otherwise I more or less agree with your monkey's paw sentiment, but its nice to dream the sharks could get something earnestly fun in current year.
>>
>>10970527
>its nice to dream the sharks could get something earnestly fun in current year.
I absolutely agree with you on this one, I just think media franchises reboots (especially American ones) have some weird vendetta against being fun just for the sake of it. Like you can't have hyper masculine jacked shark guys beating the shit out of bad guys, it needs to also have some deeper message or turn into some bloated metaverse that no one wanted or asked for.

Not saying it couldn't be done well or in a way that was 'true' to the roots of the original, I just don't want a shitty reboot tanking so hard it also fucks over any chance of future Shark figures.
>>
>>10970530
yeah I know exactly where you're coming from. chances are we've all been burned one way or another. the entire appeal of street sharks is the fact that they're radical shark-faced hulks that kick the shit out of mutant fish people. if we could only deliver on that much nowadays without an appeal to modern pop culture or sensibilities and just zero in on having fun I think many more people could appreciate these guys.

>I just don't want a shitty reboot tanking so hard it also fucks over any chance of future Shark figures.

same
>>
>>10969191
Why? I'm not saying you shouldn't, but these new figures are just the original figures (right down to the "real feel" skin) but with more articulation. I've got a couple of the original figures and while they are a lot of fun, between being heavily pre-posed and locked with gimmicks, they pretty much non-articulated display pieces.
>>
File: 0928212903.jpg (1.61 MB, 2576x1932)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
i still cant believe the revival is happening. back in 2020 just as MOTU's return was beginning I was so taken by the Mega Construx series that I ended up drawing pic related in the hopes that other mattel properties could make that leap. Part of me still hopes Mega Construx Street Sharks could happen, snap squad chomping gimmick and all.
>>
>>10971233
Would buy a Mini Figure set of
>>
>>10971291
yeah I wouldnt mind that. sadly those skeletor skull sets didnt sell too well but if I could get all 4 brothers in a pack like pic related I would do so without a second thought.
>>
Here's hoping we get a Street Sharks Shredder's-Revenge clone, even though a true SS beat-em up would be difficult to do given how it needs to give players a sense of power like their playing as a hulking shark-man.
>>
>>10969191
zoomers and poor fags won't understand this
>>
>>10971534
maybe you can build up their power over the course of a level for special attacks while standard attacks can involve throwing things like engine blocks and dumpsters at incoming enemies. special attacks would then see them swimming through asphault only to jump out at the other end of the screen to wail on the enemy boss.
>>
what are the chances they'll cover some of the repaints? i'll be surprised if they give the space force variants any attention honestly
>>
>>10967862
they just look slightly off.. mostly ripster. i can't quite get down with them. and it's a shame because i totally wanted new street sharks toys.
>>
>>10971933
>they just look slightly off
definitely. might unironically be because they're soulless reissues. like, literally the difference might be because they have no soul
>>
>>10972005
>>>/v/
>>
>>10970425
Stylized CGI would be the best way to go, especially if they want to sell toys and make the sharks more expressive.
As long as it's not a Mutant Mayhem-esque eyesore.
>>
File: 1634749960546.jpg (4 KB, 182x250)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>10972402
>Stylized CGI would be the best way to go
>>
>>10972424
You do realize the main characters are hulking shark-men battling a half-piranha mad scientist in power armor who has mutated sealife flunkies right?
>>
>>10970425
>>10970427
Yeah watching it older, it's like a really shameless toy commercial with the most dumbed down writing I've seen especially compared to its peers at the time. The designs and toys were fun though.
>>
Sharks are neat but when are we getting Pimple
>>
File: 20071145.jpg (271 KB, 2451x1932)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
drew this earlier today. its the most crackpot crossover I could have ever thought up but I rewlly do think it could be fun. maybe it could happen now that matty and hasbro are collabing.
>>
>>10972444
everyone bad mouths "toy commercial" cartoons these days but I say there's an art to it few series truly excel at. street sharks is one of the GOATs for that reason. they just threw all caution to the wind and focused entirely on delivering bombastic adventure, cheesey after school PSA morals of the day, and an ass kicking good theme song. it didnt need to be rocket science it just had to be fun and it was.
>>
File: GIqxc6zXIAAYwfo.jpg (127 KB, 1094x577)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>10971933
>>10972005
Still look waaaaay better than Playmates half-assed attempt to emulate MOTU Origins.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BiaUUNc0CuM

bump
>>
>>10972521
Nice drawing anon.
>>
I just hope if we do get a new SS show Kevin Smith stays the fuck away from it given what he did with MOTU.
>>
Street Sharks was a failure then and it's going to be a failure now. 6 waves? Fuck that's sad.
>>
>>10973710
thanks anon
>>
>>10974104
If anything now is the best time for Mattel to bring Street Sharks back
>The next Ninja Turtles show is a continuation of that piece of shit Mutant Mayhem with Playmates still being Playmates and the Last Ronin movie will NOT be for kids.
>Power Rangers is on life-support to the point that Hasbro is loaning the license to Playmates given how much they shat the bed with the franchise.
>Mattel finally figured out that MOTU will never be popular again and already the live-action movie sounds like shit.
>The all-ages CGI MOTU flopped, Camp Cretaceous is licensed, and their Hot Wheels show is for preschoolers which means they need a boy-oriented show based on one of their in-house IPs.
Also kids love sharks
>>
>>10972530
>everyone bad mouths "toy commercial" cartoons these days
People have always badmouthed "toy commercial" cartoons because they feel the need to act superior about something. The fact is, all of those properties did excellent jobs of establishing everything, the heroes, villains, play patterns, etc, that they wound up getting rebooted and refreshed because they worked. Street Sharks, which I haven't watched in ages and don't know how well it holds up, had the downside of being part of the rash of clones for TMNT where suddenly everyone tried to pump out an animal-based action series (like Biker Mice of Mars, Samurai Cats, etc, etc, etc)

But, being sharks, of course the toys are going to look cool. You have to be the most incompetent company on earth to fuck up shark toys.
>>
>>10975300
Samurai Pizza Cats wasn’t a TMNT rip-off though. If anything the gag dub presented it as one in a tongue-in-cheek way.
>>
>>10975208
>If anything now is the best time for Mattel to bring Street Sharks back
I agree. Most "boy" lines aren't allowed to be boy lines, and it's literally a law in California to integrate the toy aisles to mix boy & girl toys. MOTU is failing primarily because of the forced "diversity" that kids simply aren't into, nobody wants "Sun-Man", same shit for She-Ra as back in the 80's.

Yeah, if done correctly, I can see Street Sharks doing much better now than before, all of their competition has a very bad "vibe" on the playground, some are seen as "gay" or "girls properties". There's probably a goldmine for boys toys with vicious rows of sharp teeth. I've been on the fence because I don't want to collect another line, but these toys look really fucking cool.
>>
>>10975305
You tell yourself whatever helps you sleep better at night, but yes it was a fucking clone. Legally distinct, Samurai instead of Ninja. Boy, they at least had YOU fooled!
>>
>>10975309
How was it anything like TMNT? It was set in anachronistic feudal Japan inhabited by robotic anthros.
>>
File: image-asset.jpg (63 KB, 400x300)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>10975309
>>10975323
Ironically TMNT did rip-off SPC with those weird anime OVAs advertising the Japanese toys.
>>
>>10975323
>Ermagerd, they're SAMURAI not NINJAS!
Anthropomorphic animals with their occupation in the title. Take a species of animal, give them a gimmick in the title, hope that the kiddies get hooked and you get a slice of those TMNT dollars. I'm sorry you're retarded, and it's sad you can't see it, but when TMNT hit the first time, there were a rash of these titles. Just like when Star Wars hit everyone tried to pump out science fiction all of a sudden. They don't have to be 100% EXACT clones to be riding the ripoff wave you autistic sperg

Somebody, somewhere, saw TMNT and either they sat down or a corporation had a meeting and people spit-balled concepts to hopefully ride that wave of what the kids were into.

Biker Mice From Mars
Samurai Pizza Cats
COWboys From Moo Mesa
etc. etc, etc.

Many tried to claim they were simply parodies (like some Hampster one) but they all yearned for that cash.
>>
>>10976048
Japan have been making anthro cartoons far longer than Americans have. The only similarity is the use of Pizza.
>>
>>10975307
ive been saying exactly that for years now, that's what makes MOTU's mismanagement sting too. outside of street sharks the only toys on shelves that look appropriately masculine are those beast lab guys! the new street sharks will even have the advantage there since they'll cost less than half the price of one of those guys anyhow. outside of that, its a slog of tired capeshit brands, sonic, mario, and a handful of other vidya licenses along with LEGO. Gen A boys need something more to call their own. Zoomers atleast got some decent revivals of classic brands.
>>
>>10976219
Exactly. It’s become outright depressing whenever Mattel struggles to make MOTU relevant again. Today’s kids just find some blonde, scantily-clad muscle dude and a bunch of freaks fighting an evil scantily clad muscle dude and his freaks boring compared to cooler stuff like robots, sharks and dinosaurs.
Kinda like cowboys and westerns.
>>
>>10976202
>STILL doesn't get it.
>>10976219
>>10976269
No matter how much companies suck up for ESG money, diversity points, whatever, the playground still rules for what kids play with. But you know what would save He-Man & MOTU? Savagery. Beheadings like if Beast Man beheads Man At Arms or the King and then He-Man and friends go for revenge. This child friendly PSA bullshit only makes MOTU gayer. Make it savage like Conan in the old B&W magazines. Or when in LOTR Lurtz was going to fire an arrow into Boromir at point blank range. Make MOTU less kid-friendly and it will be more popular with kids.
>>
>>10976202
He's a retard baiting, just ignore him
>>
>>10976269
>>10976295
Saying MOTU is irrelevant in a world where isekai is huge is like when people said GI Joe was irrelevant, meanwhile Call of Duty is one of the top 10 game franchises and MGS is considered an argument for game as art.
The problem isn't the subject matter, it's the presentation.
>>
>>10976532
>MOTU is irrelevant in a world where isekai is huge
Ah, yes, Masters of the Universe or how I ended fucking Burge King and become Queen Marlena, the mother of the chosen one
>>
Man, after going the original announcement inspired me to go back and watch the cartoon, that thing was very much "better in idea than execution".

>>10976048

Fun fact: COWBoys was created by one of the original TMNT artists.
>>
>>10976295
Wasn't that Revelations, which ended up being a Star Wars Sequel-level piece of "subversive" shit that completely killed Kevin Smith's career?
>>10976532
Call of Duty allows kids to drop racial slurs on XBox live and MGS has 2deep4u storytelling and themes. GI Joe is just a bunch of military people and stereotypes fighting shameless HYDRA knock-offs.
Also apparently the upcoming live action MOTU movie features retarded isekai shit (Prince Adam is sent from Eternia to earth as a 10-year old with the movie being about him going to Eternia to become He-Man.).
>>
>>10976642
>Wasn't that Revelations, which ended up being a Star Wars Sequel-level piece of "subversive" shit that completely killed Kevin Smith's career?
Yes.
>>
>>10976642
>completely killed Kevin Smith's career
Kevin Smith has been doing a perfectly fine job of killing his own career for the last 25 years, he didn't need MOTU to do it.
>>
>>10976585
Yeah it’s obvious stuff like Biker Mice from Mars and Mighty Max got the better end of the stick (Though the SS toys were incredible even if the vehicles were lacking due to the figures’ mass).
>>
>>10976532
>The problem isn't the subject matter, it's the presentation.
That was precisely my point, not sure why you had to @ me to regurgitate what I said back to me.
>>10976642
>Wasn't that Revelations
Wouldn't know, didn't & won't watch it, and making it more savage as I suggested doesn't involve Teela and her brown girlfriend.
>>
>>10973044
July THIS year? This is like my dream set of the Turtles. The ones I had as a kid, but better, and with included diorama.
>>
>>10971534
The virgin shredders revenge VS the Chad Streets of Rage 4
>>
>>10973044
Nevermind. Your low res picture sucks, and I just saw the "textured" skin. They look like they have some horrible disease.
>>
>>10975323
Don’t even waste your time arguing with that guy. Hes either trolling or retarded. “People have always bad mouthed toy commercial cartoons” is a statement so dumb I don’t even know where to begin. Only a broccoli head born in 2007 who never actually watched any cartoons would argue everybody criticized them. Batman the animated series IS NOT EQUIVALENT to Captain Planet. Real Ghost busters IS NOT EQUIVALENT to Harlem globetrotters. And only someone who wasn’t alive at the time would be able to be this ignorant
>>
>>10977005
When I think of people shitting on toy commercial cartoons I don't think Zoomers, I think of old boomer and Gen X animators who seethed about them and said the 90's were better because they weren't as committed to having to make them.
>>
>Mattel decides to unveil the new cartoon.
>Has Vin Diesel present it and the all-ages toyline.
>Even figures out some way to have the new figures wailing on Marvel or Star Wars figures.
>>
>>10977389
you're just making me want a SS × Motu crossover even more
>>
>>10977570
>Skeletor in his own version of Piranoid's armor
>Seaviate Evil Warriors
Don't don't if Slammu or Jab would be Ram-Man or Fisto. Or if Streex would be Battle Cat.
Ripster is obviously He-Man though.
>>
>>10977389
Never going to happen.
>>
>New SS show ends up being done by the CGI MOTU team.
>Show features callbacks and nods to their previous show IE the shark voiced by Yuri Lowenthal yelling “I HAVE THE POWER” at one point.
>>
I pre-ordered Jab. I wanted him as a kid but never got him so it's cool the be fulfilling a childhood dream.

>>10968586
Do you think they'll get a new comic? Bikes Mice From Mars is. I know they're owned by two different companies but I still hope.
>>
>>10978759
Me, and dozen if not hundreds of homosexual furries.
>>
>>10978699
>What if guy who says thing on show also said thing on different show

The boundless imagination of your average Street Sharks fan
>>
>>10978768
Now now, alot of guys wanna fuck Charlie.
>>
>>10978497
>seaviate merman, clawful, and spikor
>shark seaviate He-Man but he remains a good guy
>Laser Light Piranoid, Thunder Punch Ripster, Landshark Streex
>>
>>10978759
They are getting a new show produced by Ryan Reynolds though.
>>
>>10978826
>Slash and Slobster are fused into a Two-Bad esque monstrosity a la Bebop and Rocksteady in TOGS
>The Mecho-Shark combined with Landshark
>Anglerfish Seaviate Trap-Jaw
>>
>>10979031
To be fair the original show was pretty much that.
Just not in an obnoxious way like recent MCU movies or Mutant Mayhem.
>>
File: IMG_6607.jpg (80 KB, 744x558)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Wonder if Mattel will try to buy the rights to these guys like they did with Sun-Man.
>>
>>10980900
I suggested it a few times in the last few months. It really makes sense for them to go all in on this if things go well. Plus the roster across Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs isnt as expansive as MOTU, meaning there's alot of room for the muscle mutts and their foes. If they do make it in my only provision is that the cats be developed a little more. Unlike the seaviates and the raptors, the cat villains from muscle mutts were always very plain. Some more variety among them would be nice be it through some new clothes or basing each cat off a different species of cats.
>>
>>10980900
ugh no. These are the shark jump of Street Sharks.
>>
>>10977005
This
>>
If they're supposedly out in June. Why is there no one with them in-hand via factory leak or release in Asia or something.
>>
>>10981979
Mattel doesn’t even own them.
Yet.
>>
I know there's zero chance of it happening but fuck if I don't hope this line goes really well and they end up putting out new hand puppets.
I've always wanted one but their prices are RETARDED.
>>
>>10986097
Had no idea it was a bootleg" line this whole time

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.