[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1573455025689.jpg (605 KB, 1849x1040)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
Pellaeon-class Edition

A thread for discussing the Star Wars franchise and its various media and tabletop games.

Previous thread: >>92711231

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/9puqx1ze

Star Wars Roleplaying Games (d6/d20/FFG)
>https://pastebin.com/iUriRfaA

Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Old links
>https://pastebin.com/yUVx32wB

Latest AMG news:
>New Battle Force documents.
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-documents
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-transmissions
>https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/

Latest Edge news:
>https://edge-studio.net/a-new-hope/
>https://edge-studio.net/star-wars-edge/

Unlimited links:
>https://starwarsunlimited.com/articles/
>https://swudb.com/
>https://www.felttable.com/swu

Shatterpoint:
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/swp-rules/

TQ: How often do you use the Pellaeon-class in games?
>>
>page 6
Pellaeon fag even earlier
>666
checks out
>>
>>92737666
>tq
Never because it's a hideous looking ship obsessed over by a shitcunt autist.
>>
>>92737720
So you have your Empire be boring with only Stormtroopers and ISDs? Dumb fucking faggot.
>>
File: GMU0vPrXgAA1a0S.jpeg.jpg (60 KB, 736x736)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>I wanted to make an Omega edition
>Pellaeonfag steals it again

alright fine
rate my bad batch finale idea that I totally think should have happened because im bored

>a scene in the finale where hemlock tells emerie to execute order 66 and the next scene we see her in has omega and the kids run into her and shes just standing like this with a gun in her hand
and then we hear her say good soldiers follow orders.
>>
>>92737744
Just ignore this thread. Don't post in it. If you must, sage.
But from now on, boycott all pallaeonfag threads.
>>
>>92737762
Won't work, sadly. We're 5 posts in and on first page. You gotta get laid
>>
>>92737744
None of the kids were saber wielders though.
Feels like it shouldn't have worked.
Also, Hemlock really needed those kids for his project.
>>
>>92737863
he only needed omega, theres always more kids
>>
>>92737666
Pay for the printer file, faggot
>>
>>92737666
I shall create the next thread and the thread after this. I know that I’m creative with thread editions. Characters this, battle of that, quote of today edition, ect.

Op, don’t bother making the next thread. It’s my turn now!
>>
>>92738071
>2 in a row
but what if I want to make a thread? I make good threads too!
>>
File: Pellaeon!.png (1.53 MB, 1085x691)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>92738071
Only if it includes a Pellaeon-class. Promise?
>>
>>92738078
>but what if I want to make a thread?
As long as it ain’t a Pellaeon thread or some ship design, you’re more than welcome to make a new thread.

>I make good threads too!
We shall see.
I hope you do.
>>
>>92738121
No!
>>
File: 1714785108374672.png (1.6 MB, 1920x816)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>92738121
You're a fake fan who won't even pay for the .stl so you can print your ugly triangle. You disgrace the name of Gilad Pellaeon.
>>
File: 1715088003702163.jpg (205 KB, 752x1184)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Jennifer is behind the wheel of a new show set in the OT period, Kyle Katarn makes an appearance, but it's not confirmed he is Kyle Katarn until season 2 because he never speaks in season 1 what is his fate after that?
>>
During the OT timeline, do you sometimes think of Mace Windu?
>>
>92738656
Lemme guess, not enough (You)s when you posted this in a /co/ or /tv/ thread so you came to try it here too?
>>
File: 1662916185013278.jpg (1.77 MB, 2000x4625)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>92737730
>only Stormtroopers and ISD
If your Empire is that dull, just let the rebels win.
>>
>>92738656
They're saying Kyle to job to Ben Solo
>>
>>92738847
>/co/
>/tv/
Lol, lmao even, those boards barely get SW discussion and this is the first time I've asked this, but why does it bother you?
>>
>>92738851
But I support Imperial diversity? Its why I say their tech should advance towards the Pellaeon-class. And the Ardent-class, of course.
>>
>>92738656
>Kyle Katarn
Thankfully he'll never be apart of Disneyshit, Rogue One saved him.
>>
>>92738851
>>92738971
Army Troopers are also good, I just wonder how they'd look by the time of the Legacy Era?
>>
File: 20240508_203624.jpg (304 KB, 640x875)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
reminder that she WILL show up in live action
she WILL be friends with Hera
she WILL be played by Temura Morrison in a blonde wig
>>
File: best fleet composition.jpg (237 KB, 1280x720)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>92738851
>>92738971
I think I'm gonna hurl. Yeah Empire should have a diverse fleet loadout, but it should look more like this.
>>
File: best fleet composition 2.png (1.75 MB, 1920x1080)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>92739201
And like this, alternatively.
>>
>>92738971
>advance towards the Pellaeon-class
That would be a downgrade
>>
File: spoilers.png (1.29 MB, 1200x838)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
New day, new previews.

Rose provides a way to convert shields into +1/1s, moisture farmer is a simple (wo)man healing your base for cheap, peacekeeper stacks both raid and restore on a 5hp frame. Top Target and Price both let you slap a bounty on an enemy unit for a color-appropriate boon. Dengar and Punishing both play around upgrades (chiefly bounties) on enemy units - pairing naturally with the previously spoiled red/black leader Bossk, who wants a similar playstyle.
>>
File: 1662916583695152.jpg (1.72 MB, 2000x4441)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>92739201
>I think I'm gonna hurl.
please do
>>
>>92738263
Is that the famed Captain Pelleon of the Imperial Army?
>>
File: dreadnaught class cruiser.jpg (314 KB, 1280x1280)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>92739201
I wish you'd hurl yourself out of this thread never to bother us again. Unfortunately, I cannot report posts simply for shit taste.
>>
File: 1709546161749655.jpg (19 KB, 697x487)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>92739037
>niggers
>>
File: 1714793589139086.png (1.31 MB, 1920x816)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>92740293
Navy actually.
>>
>>92738263
>>92740293
>>92740499
he shouldnt fucking be there but once again dave just ignores the novels
>>
File: agggga.jpg (80 KB, 480x425)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
agghhhhhhgga
>>
File: IMG_5459.jpg (671 KB, 767x1059)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>92739729
One more, The Armorer. Here's your payoff card for the upgrade-driven Mandalorian effects.
>>
>>92740522
Why not? It makes way more sense for him to be there and work with Thrawn for a long time, even if not officially. It makes no sense for him to be so loyal to him all those years later in Mandalorian, if they had only started working together like a few days before Thrawn got space whaled. There is simply no time to build up that loyalty. It is more interesting if Pellaeon was Thrawn's agent for years before he was reassigned to him officially. It also makes Thrawn more interesting, as he has several allied groups who do not know of each other.

Also, ventresstroon, I doubt you even read those novels. I really, really doubt it. As usual, you have pillaged talking points from reddit, cause you are low IQ subhuman filth.
>>
File: Lando_ROTJ.png (945 KB, 619x834)
945 KB
945 KB PNG
>>92740367
I don't get bitching about niggers in star wars, they're a certified OT classic. Historical settings where they weren't present or settings based on such, sure, complain about niggers, but it makes no sense in star wars.
>>
>>92740644
>so loyal to him all those years later in Mandalorian,
But that's just more of Dave ignoring the fucking books. As in he's literally just nostalgiabaiting EU fans rather than coherently building the story from canon lore. The guy in Mandalorian should have been Eli Vanto.
>>
>>92740955
No one cares. Maybe Zahn should have consulted them when they were making Rebels and introduced Pellaeon earlier. And Eli Vanto is doing his shit in Chiss Space.
>>
>>92740644
read thrawn treason you fucking pleb

During the time he's an Admiral Thrawn doesn't command a fleet just the 96th Task Force. After his promotion to Grand Admiral he's given the 7th Fleet with multiple Star Destroyers among other, smaller, supporting vessels. Yet in TotE we see the 7th Fleet. So that's something that doesn't allign with the canon books. And Pellaeon serves Grand Admiral Savit until the events in Thrawn: Treason So to see him working for Thrawn and being part of his cadre of officers in the 7th Fleet is also a contradiction of the books. I guess Filoni wanted Pellaeon there instead of Karyn Faro and/or Eli Vanto because he has plans for the former in the Mando universe.

its not a deliberate contradiction, its a very obvious "I havent read these books"
Eli Vanto should have been there instead
>>
>>92741091
>Maybe Zahn should have consulted them when they were making Rebels and introduced Pellaeon earlier
he did, they gave him the scripts
>>
>>92741116
It's foolish to expect TV people to read fucking licensing books. Never happened. George didn't read a single EU book. None of the show runners or movie directors read the EU, and they shouldn't. It's for smelly consooming nerds. Star Wars is film and TV first. It's the story group and "lore masters" like Pablo Hidalgo who should read that shit and consult writers/directors/showrunners. So either there is no story group, or it doesn't work. And, of course, Pellaeon works much better on screen and fits perfectly with TV continuity, as opposed to some obscure twink no one knows about. It is time to accept that everything is its own canon, and "canon" itself has always been nothing more than a marketing gimmick. To convince you, the consumer, that these fake stories "matter." Star Wars fags don't read them for the sake of fun and enjoyment in and of itself, no, it's this obsession with impeccable encyclopedical accuracy, "continuity" and references in a space wizard franchise for children.
>>
>>92741277
>It's foolish to expect TV people to read fucking licensing books.
Oh right, I apologize for expecting anyfuckingbody from the Lucasarts story group to do their fucking job or for showrunners making television for Star Wars to actually know anything about what the fuck they're making.
>Star Wars fags don't read them for the sake of fun and enjoyment in and of itself, no, it's this obsession with impeccable encyclopedical accuracy, "continuity" and references in a space wizard franchise for children.
>t. SHUT UP AND CONSOOOM
What drives someone to do this, defend a multibillion dollar corporate entity being lazy as fuck? Do you just love Dave's assmusk that much, can't stay away?
>>
>>92741362
Seethe, lol. Go buy and read some more Star Wars "books." Now that's totally not "consooming" behavior, kek.

>showrunners making television for Star Wars to actually know anything about what the fuck they're making
They do know what they're making. Otherwise, they'd be in this thread, shitposting their lives away, as opposed to making multimillion dollar television.

>Lucasarts
Lucasarts does not exist. It was a videogame subdivision that got shut down in 2013.
>>
File: GJfeR2qXwAABZWD.jpeg.jpg (243 KB, 987x1500)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>92741277
>>92741362
1. didnt george read some of the EU which is why he put aayla secura, quinlan vos in the movies?

2. as of like, 2 months ago we had the showrunner and lead writer for the bad batch say that they read dark disciple because they wanted ventress in the show and wanted to get her right (see: the hair, yellow lightsaber, facial scars), I dont want to rag on about it but its quite literally an example that proves your second point wrong

however, I will add that it seems like if a showrunner or whoever wants to stick to canon because of some novels or otherwise, they have to intentionally go out of their way to do so. with the story group just doing jack shit (do they even still exist???)
>>
You know, we often talk about how the darkside makes you ugly. But anyone else notice how Lightside actually keeps you looking pretty good on the flipside?
>Anakin
>Obi-Wan
>Qui-gon
>Luke
>Mace
>Ashoka
>Secura
>Shaak-ti
>Rey
>Bastila
>Kyle Katarn
>Mara Jade

And all the best looking darksiders tend to be former lightsiders even.
>Kylo/Ben
>Dooku
>Barriss
>Revan

And hell, repugant personality aside Mundi actually looked pretty good too, Fisto and Plo-koon if you're cool with xenos.
>>
>>92741449
>barriss

she aged like 40 years in 20, meanwhiie in the same week, hunter aged 40 years in 20 and looks a hell of a lot better than she did
barriss hit the wall HARD
>>
>>92741449
That's something several characters in KOTOR II point out about the Exile, even though they'd be in their 50s and should look haggard as all hell from constant war and traveling.
>>
File: 21 - yak1ncs.jpg (253 KB, 2160x1322)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>92741409
>1. didnt george read some of the EU which is why he put aayla secura, quinlan vos in the movies?
No, he didn't. He famously said that he didn't read a single novel, and he would never ever read them. It was a parallel universe, like Star Trek TV and novels. He saw a picture of Aayla hanging on the wall at Lucasfilm and decided to include her in the movie, because he liked the design and he needed to add some diverse ayy Jedi into the arena sequence. Same would have happened with Darth Talon in his ST. He liked the design, but it would have been Darth Talon in name and design only — completely different from her Legacy version. He was more receptive to comic books, because that was a visual medium, and he appreciated the designs. But he never ever read a novel. And the story of the comic books didn't really matter to him, as we'd seen.

>2. as of like, 2 months ago we had the showrunner and lead writer for the bad batch say that they read dark disciple because they wanted ventress in the show and wanted to get her right (see: the hair, yellow lightsaber, facial scars)
No, Ventresstroon, it doesn't really prove me wrong. You forget that Dark Disciple was an 8-episode arc of TCW. They literally had all the concept arts, story reels, scripts and assets, which were then used by Golden to write the book. She didn't invent that story and those designs, it was based on the scripts and TCW concept arts and reels. And they still got the hair wrong, and they got the saber wrong. So no, it does not prove anything. And yes, since they literally brought the character back from the fucking dead and shat on the story in the first place, getting her basic appearance right is the least they could do, lol. This is not the 'W' you think it is. This is extremely shallow and pointless example. Try bad batch subreddit, where you'll get updoots for sucking off Corbett's stinky clit.
>>
>>92741403
>buying books
What year do you think it is right now.
>>
File: 1666846003295275.jpg (37 KB, 474x632)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>92741449
>Lightside actually keeps you looking pretty good on the flipside?
>50 year old Obi-wan
>>
>>92741540
>No, Ventresstroon, it doesn't really prove me wrong. You forget that Dark Disciple was an 8-episode arc of TCW. They literally had all the concept arts, story reels, scripts and assets, which were then used by Golden to write the book. She didn't invent that story and those designs, it was based on the scripts and TCW concept arts and reels.

lol get fucked fag they looked at those episodes too
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2024/02/asajj-ventress-fennec-shand-and-emerie-karr-spotlighted-in-interview-with-bad-batch-producers.html
>Asajj Ventress, Fennec Shand, and Emerie Karr Spotlighted in Interview With ‘Bad Batch’ Producers

>Beginning with Asajj Ventress, producer Brad Rau detailed how much of the staff was enthusiastic about bringing the character back for animation. Rau also connects back to the novel Dark Disciple— a key part of Ventress’ story— and how the team honored that, while also bringing the character back for important story purposes
>“We love Ventress! I’ll just say, without going into too many details, as a creative team — not just me and Jen — once we knew this was possible, we got really, really excited. A lot of talk went into it, a lot of thought went into it. Even for the design, we looked to unfinished episodes of Clone Wars, the ones that were the inspiration for Dark Disciple —there were already designs that were created and some early story reels.
>We wanted to honor that look — her incredible hair, that incredible lightsaber. “What color is that lightsaber!?” Oh my god, there’s so much going on. A lot of that came from [Clone Wars’ unfinished episodes], so we were really, really excited to be able to honor that, and inBad Batch for a very specific reason [as part of] Omega’s story.
>>
File: 22 - N8wFgow.jpg (308 KB, 1594x1600)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>92741623
Yeah? That's what I said, lol.

Jesus Christ, you are fucking retarded. Just go back. Better yet — die IRL.
>>
>>92741668
>waaaa le lightsaber!
1. its been almost 2 years in universe
2. given maul has the same design (of course the out of universe reason is a reused asset) as part of his lightsaber, he probably stole it from her "grave" so she had to make a new one
>>
>>92741693
forgot image
>>
File: JenniferCorbett.png (1.21 MB, 752x1184)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>"ventress in Bad Batch for a very specific reason [as part of] Omega’s story"
>the single most filler, pointless, worst episode in the entire series that ended up being completely and utterly irrelevant, and just stole two episodes slots that could have been used on something actually meaningful, like developing your fucking one-dimensional characters

From the creators of "You'll definitely see Scorch more, and nothing is off-limits in the future for Repubic Commandos, tee-hee :^)"
>>
>>92741707
why do you keep posting an image of an ex-US navy officer?

are you obsessed? do you want to fuck her?
>>
>>92741707
Filoni's vision, please understand
>>
File: Asajj Ventress - New Path.png (2.97 MB, 1226x1536)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
>>92741693
>>92741701
It's funny — for being a self-proclaimed, obnoxious ventressfag, you seem to be completely and utterly media illiterate when it comes to understanding her story and character arc. Why would she make a hilt that is practically identical to the one that Dooku gave her? She did not make those. Dooku gave her them. Those were symbolic of her path as a Sith Assassin, as a tool of the Dark Side, as Dooku's tool, that he then threw away. Why does her new hilt is practically identical to those given to her by the man who ruined her life and fucking killed her in the end? Her new hilt was meant to show that it was new her on a new path. Yet, visually, the character has now regressed. This is really basic storytelling. Any basically competent writer is able to tell these things. Is this really Corbett's idea of "honoring" the story? I really doubt she even read it. I doubt she watched TCW beyond Bad Batch episodes, given the depiction of Nala Se, Echo and going out of their way to never properly mention Fives in the series, despite having Echo, AZI and Rex in the fucking show together.
>>
File: 1705372416109045.png (139 KB, 525x517)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
I just watched Tales of the Empire with a buddy and is it just us or was the series really boring to anyone else? As soon as they started to move in an interesting direction they ruined it by making it predictable, safe and boring. Really felt like they did the south park thing where they put a chick in it and made it lame and gay. Also bad batch felt like such a waste of time, nothing mattered in the end. Imagine if project necromancer had been a way to make starkiller canon or something.
>>
>>92741748
>completely ignores the point made

because its curved
thats literally it, because she's trained to fight with a curved lightsaber
thats why she makes a curved lightsaber
>>
>>92741776
additionally its a lightsaber she made, the first since her old jedi lightsaber
her straight hilt yellow lightsaber was bought on the black market, it wasnt hers
>>
File: 23 - AHFWdCj.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1051)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>92741776
Then why didn't she make a curved one again, originally? Man, you are so dumb. Not even trying to offend you. Just stating the fact. Your "arguments" (they can hardly even be called that) fall apart instantly. You do not think what you say even for 5 seconds. This is embarrassing.

No, they are identical to the ones she had before because it is recognizable. Instead of designing a new hilt, they brought back something you know™ It doesn't make sense for the character to do so, however. Why would she make a hilt that is designed by the man who ruined her life, why would she want to stick to his lessons and techniques, when she had already developed her own once she abandoned that old life? Why would they want to regress the character? But that's what naturally happens when you literally bring back the character from the dead after their character arc had been complete and they are literally past their expiration date. She's just there. Now clap, like a retarded seal. You won't have a problem with that.
>>
>>92741809
because she had a lightsaber, no need to remake it

>No, they are identical to the ones she had before because it is recognizable
her new lightsaber is a new design, you need to pay attention
>>
>>92741833
oh but of course you're going to move the goalposts and go WELL ITS VISUALLY SIMILAR like you always do

I quoted you verbatim.
>>
>>92741668
Not gonna lie: I love perforated shrouds on lightsabers.
>>
>>92741540
>No, he didn't. He famously said that he didn't read a single novel, and he would never ever read them.
>Makes Sith planet
>It looks exactly like Korriban
>try to claim it's completely OC DONUTSTEEL
>backpedals to canonizing Korriban
>>
File: Silly George.jpg (234 KB, 1200x1200)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>92741909
Well, it's Disney that made it Korriban again. To Lucas, it's Moraband.
>>
>>92741909
>>92741933
is it korriban or moraband in TCW?
>>
>>92741909
Maybe he just reads the wiki articles.
>>
>>92741949
Originally it was Moraband, but after several days Lucas claimed it's Korriban but on different language
>>
>>92741962
the reasoning makes sense but moraband as a name just sucks compared to korriban
>>
>>92741962
Lucas never claimed it. To Lucas, it's Moraband. It's Moraband in the episode, and Korriban was never mentioned. Korriban in different language was starwars.com trying to appease the EUfags.
>>
All we are missing is the writer who joins the novel and Filloni’s versions with an off-line that sparks speculation.
Like the Inquisition reusing a convenient imperial base that took over full-time due to prior use.
>>
>>92737744
I’m still wondering why females clones were made did some kaminoan get bored?
>>
File: 20240509_025247.jpg (236 KB, 640x882)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>92742217
Emerie mentions that she was discarded, and given she has the double aging I would assume that she was a prototype for Omega, with Omega being a pure genetic replication and storehouse of jango fett DNA
she also knows of Omega's existence, with Omega not knowing of hers

>did some kaminoan get bored
probably why Nala Se got the idea in the first place
>>
>>92742356
I just thought some kaminoan really wanted less dicks around imo
>>
>>92742375
nala se did it because shes WOKE and wouldnt let the clones be an all male brotherhood
>>
>>92742394
Or nala se really wanted to watch clones fuck
>>
>>92742405
well, cutup did try to claim that he met a girl on kamino who he tried to hit on, fives thought he was telling bullshit
but, it does make sense timeline wise
>22BBY is when clone cadets takes place, meaning the exhange (if cutup isnt lying) took place during or before 22BBY
>Emerie says she was discarded, this makes it sound like she wasnt picked up by hemlock immediately, so most likely she was discarded by nala se and became a janny clone like 99 as she was considered defective
>clone in bad batch pilot calls omega a "lab scrubber" to back this up
>emerie says she's worked with hemlock "for years" and theres several years between clone cadets (22BBY) and bad batch S2 (18BBY)

if cutup isnt lying, he could have accidentally hit on emerie without knowing
which is pretty funny
>>
File: D92W9DuXkAIfezv.jpg (146 KB, 1600x712)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>92741962
>>92741983
>>92742000
Filoni said Lucas wanted it changed because Korriban sounded similar to Coruscant. So Moraband was born. But I'm pretty sure Dave and both continuities say that Korriban is still canon, it's just that similar to real life countries or cities it's gone by different names over the years. Like Tokyo originally being Edo or the earliest name for Britain being Albion.
>>
How come George Lucas never read any of the Star Wars (EU) novels and never will?
>>
>>92742592
K and R are my favorite consonants so therefore Korriban is obviously the better name.
Also Moraband is based on the word moribund, which is a word I strongly dislike because of the vowels it uses. I and then U is weird and wrong. B tries to hold the word together, but it isn't strong enough on its own.
>>
>>92742631
Might just not be much of a reader, he mostly talks about his love for cinema and seems to be far more about visuals then anything.
>>
>>92742662
Based linguifag.
>>
>>92739840
>that absolutely butchered Victory
>fucking s-foils on a Star Destroyer
Looks like absolute, legitimate, shit. At least the Proclamator's good.
>>92740358
See, Filoni had sense to use this thing as a fleet tender/supply ship and not an actual warship. That makes sense.
>>
>>92742592
Fair enough reason, although it does make me chuckle considering he made "tatooine" and "dantooine".
Maybe he envisioned the two being sister planets or something.
>>
>>92741116
The nu-Zahn books completely fucking and utterly suck shit. Eli Vanto is a shonen anime character and was never interesting.
>>
>>92742700
Afghanistan & Pakistan
>>
>>92742712
Yeah, like that.
Wonder if that was part of her middle finger. They caught her at Tatooine took her all the way to Alderaan to threaten her home planet, so she tells them the rebel base was literally on the planet next door to where they caught her, so they gotta head back.
>>
>>92742631
He might've read Alan Dean Foster's novelization and Splinter of the Mind's Eye back in the day. Though they're all based on his drafts anyway. But most of the other Star Wars novels released in the 90s and he was busy with Young Indiana Jones, Phantom Menace and raising his kids by then. Echoing the other anon George is a very visual guy, he collected the old Marvel Star Wars comics and read the Dark Horse stuff, would buy prints of the artwork too. So most of his exposure to the EU was though those things. So it's possible he's familiar with the Thrawn trilogy and Dark Empire through the comic book adaptations.

I suppose he could've read the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian adventure novels too since those were well before the 90s and he liked the pulpy stuff. But I don't think he had much of an opinion on the post-ROTJ EU.
>>
>>92742706
They're fine though, cite specific issues you have?
>>
>>92742752
Dantooine is on the opposite side of the galaxy to Tatooine.
>>
>>92742800
Uzbekistan.
>>
>>92742712
And Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan...
>>
>>92742853
Yes, yes, yes.
>>
>>92742834
Lol
>>
File: PALMER-ART-FRESQUE.jpg (6.25 MB, 6416x750)
6.25 MB
6.25 MB JPG
Star Wars canon... home.
>>
>>92742800
Was Lucas very involved with the galaxy map? Suppose it could have been his decision to make sure Dantooine and Tatooine were on opposite ends, as he envisioned it more as Leia sending them on a wild goose chase throughout the galaxy.
>>
>>92739840
My nigga, Gladiators are fucking dope.
>>
>>92742793
>Thrawn is a flanderized good guy
>he's not even an Imperial loyalist
>some bad guys called Grysks no one actually cares about and are boring as hell compared to the Vong

Its Zahn's personal fanfic.
>>
>>92743020
>Thrawn is a flanderized good guy
That's how Zahn has been writing him for like 30 years. The whole idea is that he isn't your Tarkin-like bad guy who does cruel shit for the sake of it.
>he's not even an Imperial loyalist
No shit, he's loyal to the Chiss before everything else and just uses the Empire for their ends. Core to the character.
>some bad guys called Grysks no one actually cares about and are boring as hell compared to the Vong
Essentially the same as other threats in the Unknown Regions seen in the Outbound Flight or Duology, regional bad guys, not the Vong.
>Its Zahn's personal fanfic.
It's very weird how people suck off the trilogy while also shitting on what the author does with his characters in later works. Are the prequels a George Lucas fanfic?
>>
File: hunterold.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>92741479
>she aged like 40 years in 20, meanwhiie in the same week, hunter aged 40 years in 20 and looks a hell of a lot better than she did
>barriss hit the wall HARD

Hunter actually aged really well for a clone, he's in good shape and has all his hair despite being in his 60s. Meanwhile Rex, Wolffe and Gregor look a lot worse in their 50s. Is it similar to Obi Wan, Owen and Beru in that living on a desert planet adds ten years of aging or did they just hit the sauce hard.
>>
File: [5health]Rex-1.jpg (783 KB, 1920x2656)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
>>92743075
Yeah, because Rex, Wolffe and Gregor were actually fighting. Hunter is a pussy coward faggot who retreated to his faggot ass Hawaii island at the first opportunity he got. What a little bitch. There is no character I respect less than Hunter. Reluctant, selfish, one-note, bland, boring pussy. He is a disgrace to Jango Fett's genes. I unironically fucking despise him. And the rest of the batch, for that matter.
>>
>>92743075
Maybe his aging wasn't as fucked as the regs.
>>
>>92743135
Hunter had a family and a daughter/little sister. I disliked a lot of things about the Bad Batch Finale but him making sure Omega was safe until adulthood wasn't one of them. His goal was to make sure that she and presumably any Clone Cadets/kidnapped younglings he could find would have better childhoods than he or his brothers did.
Meanwhile Rebel Clones while heroic are still fucking tragic even if there's a bittersweetness to that tragedy. They unwittingly betrayed the galaxy either under faulty info or against their wills depending on your preferred take on order 66. They're made as weapons, told that they're sole purpose is to be weapons and the only way they can do good is by being disposable weaponry for the good guys. Fighting for a future that they know they will most likely be unable to take part in because they're made solely for war. Even if they understand the difference between a right cause and a wrong cause they can never stop fighting until they die at the age of 50 or die in combat in a desperate attempt to atone for facilitating the rise of the Empire. So it's nice to have a few pull a Cut and just settle down and be family men.
>>
File: Scorch.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>92743284
I don't care. I hate Hunter. All I can think about is Rex & co struggling off-screen, trying to free their brothers, meanwhile that piece of shit faggot wants to do side-quests cuz muh OMEGA. With his skills, with his experience, they opt for irrelevant bullshit, while the entire galaxy, and their fucking BROTHERS suffer. This isn't what SW is about. Terrible characters, terrible show. It's all about Omega. She's the black hole of this fucking series. It's not even Hunter who wanted to rescue the regs from Tantiss, it's fucking Omega "I LEFT THEM BEHIND HUNTAH, I NEED TO DO THIS HUNTAH!" Omega decides this "man's" entire agency. And that's been the case for the entire show. This is garbage. I want to watch stuff that is heroic, inspiring, not this bullshit. This isn't interesting. Why is this a show?
>him making sure Omega was safe until adulthood wasn't one of them
Not due to him, but due to the writers' utter lack of intelligence and common sense with them fucking off to Pabu after what they did. Hilarious. I cannot understate how much I loathe these characters and this show.
>>
>>92743414
I don't know why they went back to Pabu. The Empire already found them there once. That entire city and planet may as well be a burn notice for their security now. But the Empire just ignores it because... reasons? After Palpatine himself declared nothing was more important than the Tantiss project.
>>
File: tsuneo-sanda_dv_0019.png (2.61 MB, 1026x1600)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>92743449
Cause this show is dumb as shit. Cause it was written by a woman. Cause they were hell bent on their happy ending™ and they decided to bend the universe to make it happen. This is why it feels so forced, fake, insincere, not earned, contrived. That finale had more holes than a Swiss cheese. No stakes, no consequences, no impact, no urgency, no balls. None of it makes any sense if you think about it for more than 30 seconds. It's just bad. It's appalling just how many people gobbled it up. This entire show was a giant waste of fucking time and resources. Baffling.
>>
>>92743067
No, he was never loyal to the Chiss lmao. He saw them as too small-minded and focused on themselves. He was literally exiled by them. Then Zahn later decided to turn them into a Mary Sue species that his character can be loyal to, instead of his original goals.

Its a Filonization, where you can never have true loyalists to the Empire, even though Thrawn's whole idea initially was to act as an embodiment to the military side, while Tarkin is political and Palpatine/Vader Sith. Except, ironically, Filoni has portrayed Thrawn much closely to his original character.

Nu-Thrawn books aren't Thrawn, they're an excuse to do Moffat-esque Sherlock stories in Star Wars.
>>
>>92743586
>Zahn later decided to turn them into a Mary Sue species that his character can be loyal to, instead of his original goals
I remain convinced this was done deliberately because Zahn did not like the Disneyfication of Star Wars and the Empire, so he decided to see how much he could get away with (turns out, whatever he wanted).
>>
>>92743414
>>92743449
>>92743522
>could've had a genuine clone rebellion, Kaminoans as not truly good guys, but trying to protect their power making another clone army to fight the Empire
>you could've expanded this to a whole brief Second Clone Wars that's more akin to how they were originally portrayed pre-Prequels and fit it all in
>clones like Bad Batch caught up in a fight between two factions that just want to use them as disposable tools
But nah its just the Omega show.
>>
>>92743612
There's an unwritten agreement of 'we'll ignore you and you'll ignore us', it seems, yes. But if Zahn had balls he'd have made the Empire of the Hand as a more reasonable Empire, instead of a Mary Sue race with their own loli Force navigators. Chiss should be nothing more than a small tetriary power like they were in Legends, a space Denmark that would get immediately bodied even by the Hutts if it tried anything.
>>
>>92743631
>Mary Sue race with their own loli Force navigators
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>92743742
Because a more nuanced Empire with different characters and different goals is a much better and interesting thing to watch/read about, rather than Space Denmark becoming a galactic superpower because of the actions of Moffat Sherlock in blue paint.
>>
>>92743586
You're delusional. First off, he always wanted to use the Empire against the greater threat of the Vong first and foremost - If he'd thought the New Republic could have done it, he would have supported them. Plus he created the EotH as a buffer state for the Chiss.

However, even with all that, Thrawn was still more loyal to the Empire than "filonized", because he actually believed in the structure of their government and the ideals it was supposed to represent. Which is why he actually took the protection of it's citizens and the survival of it's soldiers seriously, unlike Rebels Thrawn where he goes "lmao, my plan is to bomb my own fucking city and production facility".
>>
>>92743811
I don't know how you're defining "galactic superpower" or what you think that means.
>>
>>92740730
Lando isn't a nigger, he's a black man.
>>
File: IMG_1503.png (879 KB, 1048x931)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>92743914
>>
>>92743850
The thing is, he never thought the New Republic could've done anything. He saw the Empire as the way forward for the Galaxy. He saw it as a guiding hand, and that he should be its commander. In short, he was an authoritarian, but not a cartoon villain sort of one.

Now, to avoid the twatter mob, Zahn's nu-books shy away from this depiction, which is why I say it isn't Thrawn. Thrawn is an Imperial, an epitome of an Imperial. He won't hesitate to enforce a dictatorship, and that's a good thing, generally, because he isn't part of the cookie-cutter good vs. evil paradigm.

As for
>bomb my own city
Yeah it was kinda silly, but you have to recognize that Lothal wasn't seen as an Imperial world. At least, not yet, it was a world under occupation, and due integration. Generally speaking, its expected for a planet that's born a local Rebel cell and is in close proximity to other Rebel worlds (check the map, Dac, Sanctuary, and future New Alderaan are right next door) to not be treated very well, even by a pragmatic Imperial.
>>
>>92740499
It was a joke you dimwit - in his latest appearance they give him an Army Captain's rank plaque, >>92740522 only has the half of it, the Wolfhumper ignores literally everything.
>>
>>92741909
I still have no idea why anyone posts Georgeisms as if they're authoritative. On any given commonly raised issue about the franchise you can think of, he has publicly and with an attitude of absolute confidence taken at least three positions, and at least two of those are completely mutually incompatible. It's obvious to anyone sane that he kept ~80% of this stuff inside his head and changed his mind about it constantly, your dementia-addled grandparents are a more reliable source of authority.

The only canon is headcanon, reasonable people just choose their own over someone else's.
>>
>>92744527
Exactly this. George makes shit up as he goes along. It even happens in the fucking movies themselves. Did you know, he actually regretted making Lucrehulks be CIS vessels in Episode III? Yeah, he wanted to emphasize the Trade Federation as a separate influencing faction that just backed the CIS, but wasn't part of it. That's why he basically had the Lucrehulks in TCW appear unpainted for the most part, and they only show up as part of CIS scenes in early episodes.

I don't need to tell you that this completely contradicts the movies themselves, where Nute Gunray is definitely, and clearly, part of the CIS. He still holds the rank of Viceroy of the Federation and a minor plot point is the fucking Siege of Cato Neimoidia that Plo Koon is taking part of. As in, the capital of the Trade Federation. Its being sieged by the Republic, because its CIS territory.

But for TCW, George attempted to retcon this entirely. He even planned on including them in Underworld. Which takes place, yes, during the reign of the Empire? How does this make any sense? I dunno lol. Dude retcons himself more frequently than he did anyone else.

Still doesn't change that he actually made good and engaging stories. Arguably as did the EU writers during his tenure. Give me George, Denning, Traviss any day of the week over Filoni , JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson and Chuck Wendig.
>>
>>92741714
>why do you keep posting an image of an ex-US navy officer
He's not the only one shitting on her.
>>
>92738847
So what's it like defending Disneed slop?
>>
>>92743414
I hate how not a single clone commando was allowed to have any meaningful character, just given the death trooper jobber treatment and that's it.
>>
>>92741714
>>92744628
>the writer of Bad Slop is ex-military
You know, back in my day. Stuart Slade wrote a lot of boring tech porn, but at least even his stories were more compelling than the millennial military recruits that are writing these days. Jesus, I just complimented Stuart Slade.
>>
How much farther could Sheev snowball after Dark Empire if he had won?
>>
>>92744677
I mean, there isn't really much else you can conquer once you have the whole galaxy. He could probably beat up the Hutts and the Chiss no problem, maybe even the entire unknown regions.
>>
File: GMe0mh6XoAA49SO.jpeg.jpg (915 KB, 1080x1350)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>92743615
Rex's whole "clone rebellion" was just set dressing and wasn't intended to be this whole plotline that the show would follow (although I will agree it's an interesting idea)
the show has rex in it from time to time, but if you're going to have rex, you need to show what he is doing otherwise he seems pointless to be there
Rex is fighting against the injustices done to his brothers, of which them being disposed of and experimented on in tantiss is a big deal to him, but now those clones are freed and has chuchi backing him politically so he doesnt need to continue his fight as he got (or is getting) what he wanted
the clones get to settle down, chuchi makes a case that the clones have been treated like shit in the senate to give them pension plans (with emerie backing her claims)

the bad batch actually stuck its guns and focused on the bad batch, it didnt need legacy characters to come in and steal the show away from the main cast like maul did in TCW or basically everyone in rebels
the show never promised a clone rebellion
>>
>>92744677
If you believe he was gonna go full Sith instead of just regular old Sheev, then probably a split. Cadre of military officers try to overthrow him, claiming the clone is insane and not the real Palpatine.

If he's just regular old Sheevy P with Dark Side Elite as some new Inquisitors, essentially, things go back to where they were prior to Endor.
>>
>>92744695
And the problem is, Bad Batch simply are not interesting characters. They're just archetypes of 80s action heroes. You can't compelling characters out of stereotypes. You make the character, and then add some stereotypes to them for fun, not the other way around.
>>
>>92744709
yeah I can agree on that, but I think omega being there improved them all by giving them the big brother/father dynamic in their own ways
>>
>>92744695
>the bad batch actually stuck its guns and focused on the bad batch, it didnt need legacy characters to come in and steal the show away from the main cast like maul did in TCW or basically everyone in rebels
>the show never promised a clone rebellion
Wow, you are one hell of a retarded nigger. Riddle me this, fagboy: then why the fuck Rex was in the show, if his entire storyline was fucking pointless and never relevant to the finale? God, you are so fucking stupid, ventresstroon. I wish you had died.
>Maul in TCW
For all intents and purposes, he is TCW's character. And he had an actual story and an arc in the show, and was relevant to it. Fucking kill yourself, you low IQ faggot. You only jerk this dogshit show because your ugly Mary Sue waifu was brought to life in it. And you have been seething over TCW for years because your ugly Mary Sue waifu was not in the final season, even though her story had been finished already and she was already dead. Lmao.
>>
>>92744755
Omega made them actively worse by draining their brains and abilities out the bottom of their collective Fett skull.
>>
>>92744755
>omega improved anything
Holy fuck, you are retarded. These charscters have no purpose or personality outside of this little Mary sue bitch plot device. She didn't improve shit: she killed the show. Even fucking Crosshair who had been fairly interesting in the first two seasons became a boring retard "muh omega" in 3. Instead of actually developing their characters, they didn't do shit, except omega fee fees for low IQ RETARDS like you and retarded women on twitter and tumblr who lose their shit over this shallow dogshit.
>>
>>92745040
you only started hating the show because ventressfag started liking it
>>
>>92745059
Coincidentally, the show became shit as soon as ventresstroon started liking it. Season 2 was so much better and set expectations with Crosshair episodes, Rex & Chuchi episodes and Tech's death. Season 3 squandered all of it. Such a dogshit season.
>>
>>92745065
uh huh
and remind us, who was the one complaining constantly that they "never kill anyone and always use stun"?

of which, your complaints about this only started with season 3 being on air, despite all the examples being in seasons 1 and 2?
>>
>>92745081
?
I complained about stun when the first two seasons aired too. I complained about misusage of commandos. I complained about them having DC-15 carbines instead of DC-17m. I complained that it is full of filler and Crosshair was the only one with depth to him. Take your meds, dumbfuck. The show always had problems and was inconsistent. But it peaked with Crosshair episodes in S2, Coruscant episodes and Tech's death. It was downhill from there.
>>
>>92745093
But yeah, in retrospect it was never good, since none of the good stuff actually mattered in the end. The only good thing I can say is that Tech stayed dead. The best moment of the last season was no moment at all.
>>
>>92745093
of which was quickly shut up about when people pointed out crosshair gunning down stormtroopers in the 3rd and 4th episodes

which then the constant whining about clone commandos with the same 2-3 webm's posted about it, despite the worst example being back in season 2
or the constant "hes not scorch! nobody calls him scorch!" only for the very next episode to have hemlock call him scorch
>>
>>92745114
Lol, faggot, you've been btfo by the show already with Scorch being killed like a dog, just like I predicted he would. Where is Delta Squad? Two more weeks, huh? You are such a retard, hahaha. An no, season 3 was by far the worst, with malnourished, tortured, naked Crosshair taking out a fully armored commando somehow and the other one just passing out after a dog jumped on top of him, and the pathetic death of Scorch, which has got to be the most pathetic and disrespectful death in star wars. Hahahaha. Remember when you defended that dumb cunt Corbett who said "you'll see scorch more and republic commandos in the future have storytelling", kek. Feels good being vindicated.
>>
File: lmao.webm (3.91 MB, 1280x544)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
Imagine defending this garbage unironically.
>>
File: thanks disney.webm (3.88 MB, 1280x544)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB WEBM
>bait Republic Commando fans into watching the show
>blue ball them for two seasons
>shit on their faces in the end
T-thanks.
>>
File: Humiliation Ritual.webm (3.94 MB, 1280x544)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB WEBM
>be imprisoned for six months
>get regularly tortured
>have a tremor
>be malnourished
>have nothing but prison robes
>be psychologically distressed
>somehow beat a fully armored elite soldier
Humiliation ritual.
>>
>just proves my point further
admit it, you only started shitting on the show because ventressfag expressed interest in it because you're that obsessed with him to the point that you've accused many people of being ventressfag

christ, at least pellaeonfag likes something with star wars, even if it's a dogshit star destroyer design
>>
File: An Elite Unit.webm (3.87 MB, 1280x544)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
>>92745249
See: >>92745065
>>
File: Emerie.png (762 KB, 750x1000)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>experimenting on the clones and keeping them in cages like dogs is okay
>experimenting on kid omega and keeping her imprisoned is okay
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT LE HECKIN' ALIEN KIDDERINOS! EMPIRE IS EVIL! I WAS SO WRONG :O
lol
>>
File: 20240507_164223.jpg (612 KB, 1250x1486)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>92745325
in her defense, she didnt know keeping omega like that was bad because that's how she was brought up/gaslighted into believing (saying how its safer inside the base but not knowing whats actually out there), but omega still had some freedom within the base when doing her chores

as well as with the clones, seeing them as just property rather than individuals (because thats what hemlock taught her and expected her to act)
so yeah, the normal kids being treated the same as clone test subjects would cross the line
>>
How does one befriend Astromech droids?
>>
Hi Ventressfag, how are you doing?
Mind if I ask you a few questions? Perhaps an interview later in the next thread?
>>
>>92745392
lmao
she is a clone herself and she knows she has feelings and free will and a name, yet she is okay with experimenting on her own kind and keeping them imprisoned in cages like dogs, allowing to torture them
But not le hecking kidderinos! Why would she care all of the sudden? Why would *that* cross the line? Meme character in a meme show.
>>
cant believe that disney made female clones, because WOKE

this same woke mind virus is destroying 40k, no wonder they made female custodes (female space marines will be soon)
>>
filoniverse sucks
>>
>>92745512
Yeah, it's contrived bullshit and they did not even tried to explain this. Everyone treats it as something completely normal, even though there wasn't a single female clone in 20+ years and not once in-universe in any of these shows. Not one character stops to ask, "wait a minute, how are you a female jango fett clone, wtf?" It's just something as a given: girls can be jango clones too!
>>
>>92745406
Have no morals
>>
I don’t get how anyone expected bad batch to be good, it’s a team of literal meme characters with a kid thrown in to hop on the Mandalorian craze at the time of the first season.
>>
File: echo.gif (4.38 MB, 500x262)
4.38 MB
4.38 MB GIF
>>92745505
remember how the batch used to be assholes because they saw themselves as superior to regs?
>"besides, he's just another reg."
>"we're not like the regs, we never have been."
now the show does not state this, so I will agree its a flaw of the show but I would expect its a similar deal
she gets a full name, she gets to be a doctor, she gets the full trust of a high ranking imperial and she's one of a kind (for all intents and purposes)
to her, a clone is just replacable as theres millions more like them
it's why echo calls her out on this, echo knows about how the clones are close to each other as they're all brothers

additionally with the kids, she's not instantly betraying hemlock over them, she see's that they're in a prison and believes the only thing she can do in her power is to at least try to make their lives better while in there, which is why she gives eva the straw tooka doll and calls them by name if she needs to
>>
Thank you to all the anons that helped me populate the top secret ISB black site with crazy EU creatures. My players loved it and our clone trooper PC managed to calm down the postal phase-0 dark trooper and they’re trying to rehabilitate him. The mad scientist was a huge help in disabling the base, before the mandalorian character lopped his head off. The rak ghouls were a good inclusion, made the players really hurry to get the fuck out of there before there were too many
>>
>>92745561
Animated Star Wars has never once been good.
>>
>>92745555
You dumb fool.
>>
>>92745688
False.
>>
File: 1714809676938385.png (280 KB, 1676x1542)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>92745980
What’s wrong?!
Why are you crying?
>>
>>92745996
He probably kicked a cyborg in the shin. Happens all the time.
>>
>>92737666
>Dark Forces is a trilogy of hardcover and trade paperback novellas published by Dark Horse Comics, based upon the Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II video games. They were later adapted by HighBridge Audio into radio dramatizations.
Huh, I've never heard about these before. Anyone read them? Any good?
>>
>>92745980
Revan was a girl
>>
>>92745662
Tell me how your games are going anon, what's been happening? Glad you liked the advice.
>>
I love the new/updated artstyle of TCW.
>>
>>92745173
I honestly would have forgiven turning the rest of the clone commandos into jobbers if they gave Scorch a good showing like they somewhat did in season 1, I would have even been somewhat accepting of things if they didn't kill him but they did and it's all around shitty, if Boss and Fixer ever show up their fates will be to job to make a new character go over.
>>
File: n1nzocdepbv3ls8kqqen.0.jpg (81 KB, 1200x800)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
reminder that we will NEVER get satisfying stories about Han, Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie or the new republic because of Disney
>>
>>92746607
The New Republic in canon are all around dumb in the way they don't seem concerned about imperial remnants and their whole "we can't use this technology for good because the hecking Empire used it!" is beyond stupid and wasteful.
>>
>>92746628
in about 20 years all of the republic gets blown up by starkiller base. This is cannon and so I cannot give a single OUNCE of a fuck about what they do with the new republic. The emperor may have actually run a better regime because the sequels show wealthy planets profiteering through war still, they show slaves still, shitty planets like Jakku which should be an important place to the new republic rot.

In the prequels tattoine is shown as a failure of the republic and the jedi, its not on their front door so they don't care. They don't try to free the slaves and they don't care about child labour either, because its not in front of them
The jedi failed and let this be the status quo.

George always intended the new heroes of the new republic and jedi order to try and do better...
>>
File: 20240509_172008.jpg (330 KB, 720x1089)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
....is this just the plot of the bad batch?
>>
I honestly think they need to wipe the slate clean at this point, go into the future, new cast, include Grogu as a glurp shitto if they must, throw in some Djin Djarin descendant for the mando glurp shitto and then just go from there.
>>
>>92744176
>Lothal wasn't seen as an Imperial world.
It literally had an Imperial governor and was in the Empire for years.

Plus even if it was some random independent world, anyone can see that bombing it to dust and killing millions would do nothing but invigorate more rebellion against the Empire because of the outrage this would create.
>>
>>92746703
Go back to /pol/, please
>>
>>92746310
See for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1ost4KpxM
>>
File: IMG_2875.jpg (95 KB, 951x876)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>92746673
>>92746628
Reminder.
>>
>>92745392
>she didn't know it was bad because blah blah
She did it because Baby Yoda. That's it. Baby Yoda needs rescuing, and the mouse wanted that reaction from fans again.
>>
>>92747386
...what?
>>
File: lekkumeanings.png (548 KB, 1024x588)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>
>>92739840
>Victory I Class
>Propulsion: Three Alderaan Royal Engineers LF9 ion Engines
Well that explains why those ships went out of style
>>
File: jhfiwejfiw.jpg (282 KB, 1066x1200)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>92747022
>Completely genocided two species so hard that they're not even known anymore
>are absolutely ready and in the process to do the same to the Vong
why are Bothans so based?
>>
>>92738851
The Vindicator just looks like an Interdictor, but without the gravity well generators. I'd rather just have an Interdictor, honestly.
>>
>>92748261
For me, it's the Enforcer.
>>
>>92738851
Gladiator class, please.
>>
>>92748331
Eh, after reading about what they do, I'm liking the ship for having better energetic weapons than most, but if I were to be hunting rebels, then I'd go for a way to stop them from leaving the system they're in and have them be shot at by my ISD's. I wouldn't give them a chance to run and hide.
>>
>>92747574
Bad Batch has everything revolve around Omega because the mouse wants more Baby Yoda style hype. But instead of one Madalorian and a cute mascot, you have five clones and a mascot.
>>
File: Kontos.jpg (878 KB, 3840x2160)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>92743006
I dub thee GigaGlad Gigachad, but I'd prefer the kontos for my command. Look at this engine arrangement and tell me you can't envision throwing the thrust reversers on and doing crazy ivans in all axes.
>>
are any of the rpg's good for solo play and do you know how it works? I am absolutely happy to use the prepainted star wars miniatures from wotc and some battlemaps for the combat part, but how does like story work, are there premade adventures to follow?
>>
>>92748781
>doing crazy ivans in all axes.
This is the kind of ship where the helmsman has a special container for Sienar brand cocaine on hand for when shit gets real.
>>
>>92743020
Vong are shit anyway.
>>
>>92743284
Think he has enough knives? Could probably squeeze in a couple more. Maybe some more pouches and a rock to hide his feet with.
>>
>>92748779
omega is better than baby yoda because she can talk
>>
Nonhuman appreciators. Why do they keep trying to make this species a thing? Did some exec's kid design it? Why is every alien now a combo of flesh tones or just hair?
>>
>>92748869
She's also fuckable, but she's still the same "small cute helpless character that Dad protects from bounty hunters/the Empire." She's a Grogu you can cum inside.
>>
File: kmr7021pchza1.jpg (371 KB, 1080x1712)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>92748891
The mouse has no creativity
>>
>>92748869
Baby Yoda is a better character because he is not 100% morally perfect. He choked the bitch once. Omega is boring 100% morally pure incorruptible angel. And Grogu's backstrory is more interesting.
>>
>>92748462
In that case the Pentastar Alignment was defensively focused, so instead of hunting Rebels they needed bolstered defenses.
>>
>>92748916
kys pedofag, if you need "fuckable omega" then look towards emerie

now baby yoda's main problem is that he's a baby
what does he do? he doesn't talk, he just sits around all day and occasionally uses the force, they cant do too much "action" with him because it looks dogshit because jon favearu has a hard-on for physical effects
so in season 3 (which shouldn't have happened to begin with and baby yoda is only in it because the majority of the viewerbase wouldnt watch the show without him) they give him a mech suit and he STILL practically does jack shit beyond pressing the haha funny yes button

he's at best, a liability
hell I also want to add that the movie is actually happening so theres gonna be some forced reason why mando goes to war again, I expect some orbital bombardment on his house while he's out getting milk and eggs
>>
File: IMG_8760.jpg (43 KB, 214x303)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
>he doesn’t make his own autistic Lucas-eu-canon headcanon setting and run it in a ttrpg
NGMI
>>
>>92749819
Everyone does this, whether they realize it or not.
>>
>>92748891
disney seems to want to push their aliens over the ones made under lucas
it could be a something mandated by jj's company, iirc bad robot usually leaves some parasites in everything they touch
>>
tfw no clone gf
>>
>>92750219
They havent made any. Sure. Babu frik, slug man and maz are aliens. But they are all one offs. The background characters are all brown sludge. Theres nothing that needs or deserves a name in the way twi leks or kamonians do.
I couldnt name a single species theyve invented. And would anyone want to play as any of those races in a game?
>>
>>92748891
They probably think that, "beige/minimalist tan is realistic" or some bullshit like that. If they gave their new aliens some color, something eye-catching like the OTand PT did, then it wouldn't be awful. But the brown and flesh tone aliens are just boring and its sad becauseI know the practical designers are bored of the same color gradients andhave the ability to do creative design.
>>
File: mfw.gif (5.12 MB, 480x204)
5.12 MB
5.12 MB GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcixSE_NYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQbrZl-uJ9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si6ZUbG8Azc
>>
>>92750391
they're iconic to disney wars, for better or worse
the upside to this is that you instantly know it's disney as soon as you see them, and can be avoided accordingly
>>
>>92748126
I wonder how many times she had the lekku crossed when speaking to Kanan.
>>
>>92748962
I just watched the re-release of The Phantom Menace tonight, and I couldn't help thinking the same thing. There were some amazing designs. The only one I dislike is the two headed announcer dude whose name escapes me.
>>
>>92749044
Grogu also has the benefit of not having an Australian accent. What a disgusting country
>>
File: whiachill.jpg (19 KB, 206x493)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>
>>92752624
Isn't Omega's accent and so on New Zealand because Temuera Morrison was from there?
>>
>>92752606
The lack of creativity is one thing, but the most egregious bullshit is that these cretinous shits had the fucking audacity to try and redesign several of the classic species. Fuck your frontmouth pseudoIthorians, Disney.
>>
>>92748781
>more Hsiao 'tism
I still can't believe there's an audience for this shit. At least its not one of his gigantic infinite class Battlecruisers.
>>
>>92752793
Oui!
>>
File: IMG_8762.jpg (26 KB, 450x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Let’s invite Karen Traviss to this general.
>>
Doing my first game edge of the empire game. I was thinking of reflulfing and using technicians obligations for a sapper from age of rebellion as my character is there any balance concerns? I just don't want to be bringing in an op character or adding unneeded complexity to the game.
>>
File: lol.jpg (79 KB, 1200x630)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Worst character in Star Wars.
>>
>>92753887
go on...
>>
>>92753889
That's it. That's the post.
>>
>>92753848
The age of rebellion and edge of the empire stuff is pretty well balanced together, I’ve got a guy playing a clone soldier and he fits in fine
>>
>>92753887
Ahsoka, Rey
>>
>mention of EoTE

reminder that we will NEVER get sourcebooks on the period between RoTS and ANH, that the jedi games, kenobi, bad batch etc all take place in
>>
>>92753963
I feel like its all but guaranteed we will
>>
File: ISDVenator.png (520 KB, 1113x469)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>92753963
>Venator solidly placed in the role of the old Victory, escort for ISDs
>absolutely 0 mention of Carracks, Lancers, Dreadnoughts
Can't wait for the grog rage.
>>
>>92754141
>ISD not even 2 years after TCW
kuat designers work fast
>>
>>92754212
ISDs debuted at Coruscant in old lore.
>>
>>92745688
Disagree!
>>
>anons say that the bad batch fanbase is filled with women
>go check fanart to see if this is true
>its true

i've seen some cringe shit
>>
>>92754598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pIE963CdM
>I've seen cringe you wouldn't believe
>I've seen clone brothers kissing eachother
>I watched slashficks, posted at Deviant art
>All these moments will be lost in time, like, tears in rain
>Time to die
>>
File: Spoiler Image (350 KB, 1920x817)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>92754699
I dont even know the context for this one

in fact, I dont want to know
>>
>>92754896
1) that's incest
2) property of the Republic/the Empire can't marry
>>
>>92755041
>property of the republic/the empire cant marry
explain cut laquane

also I think shes supposed to he a flower girl in the image???
>>
>>92743936
>this makes all the women wet themselves
>>
File: Kyp Durron.webm (841 KB, 1920x1080)
841 KB
841 KB WEBM
>>
>>92755405
boomers thought this was the funniest shit back in the day
>>
>>92755497
Still is
>>
File: Vbv.jpg (44 KB, 360x454)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
what would jango think of omega?

boba is the son he asked for and he loved him very much
omega isnt a kid he asked for, but shes just as human as boba is compared to the regular clones due to being unmodified
>>
File: IMG_1553.png (58 KB, 555x400)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
They finally made Grievous cool in the new show, but it’s long past due at this point
>>
File: JangoBobaFett_JFOS.png (2.61 MB, 1700x2500)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>92756395
He'd shoot her dead. He only cared for Boba. None of his other genetic offshoots mattered to him. He wanted a son. He wanted an heir to his legacy. And Boba would do the same. He didn't give one crap about the clones. He was THE son of Jango. Omega is just another abomination. It would be actually easier for Boba to kill her. He hesitated with the clones, because they had the face of his father. But Omega is straight up wtf, so whatever. But since this is Disney, we will have cute and wholesome Boba x his little sister UwU :333
>>
>>92756729
The Book of Boba Fett: Alpha and Omega

fund it
>>
>>92756757
I am Jango Fett. This is a lie.
>>
>>92756799
clone hands typed this post
>>
>>92756757
>Alpha and Omega
Actually it's Rex and Omega
>>
File: GMeo5zWWQAAIgHv.jpeg.jpg (150 KB, 2048x856)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>92757095
Echo and Emerie hot clone sex
>>
>>92753887
I used to enjoy the old EU version. This one I kind of don't care either way.
>>
File: 56345645.jpg (74 KB, 900x470)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>92756395
Well, it wouldn't be Star Wars without a little sibling incest.
>>
File: spoilers.png (1.94 MB, 1614x835)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>92739729
Today we've got: a new Boba Fett leader in green/white, Boba's armor, Jango, some new bounties and bounty hunters, some green/white units with keywords for Boba to play with, and the Armorer as a payoff card for Mandalorian decks.
>>
>>92753279
I've been to star wars threads on /tv/, /v/, and now /tg/ in the past 24 hours and in every single one someone brings up Karen Traviss
You people sure have a hateboner for her
She's not great but I'd take her over Chuck Wendig
>>
>>92753887
How can you say that when the entire cast of the sequel trilogy exists
>>
File: W0uUemB.png (324 KB, 554x422)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>92758131
unironically never watched them.
>>
File: twins.jpg (131 KB, 956x807)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
thoughts on this list?
>>
>>92753963
>>92753989
We already did, it's called Dawn of Rebellion.
>>
File: EitUClIVgAEvG1Y.jpeg.jpg (122 KB, 1232x690)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>they've dropped the "the final season" banner from TCW on disney+

c-could it be?
could they actually be finally finishing off the unfinished episodes?
crystal crisis+dark disciple is enough for a 12 episode season like S7, and we still have other unfinished episodes like bad batch on kashyyyk
>>
>>92759233
update
not just on disney+, but apparently everywhere
>>
File: 1664026002443390.jpg (19 KB, 500x505)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>92759233
>they fail completely with the Empire era so just go back to making ten more seasons of The Clone Wars
WHERE'S MY FUCKING GALACTIC CIVIL WAR SHOW WITH LHL AS THE LEADS DISNEY
>>
>>92759233
>>92759306
doubt.jpg
It's obvious that they are more interested in their stuff, and some kind of next animated show is in the works. They won't waste their resources making something that is not theirs and something that they had cancelled in the first place. They could have done it so, so many times over a decade. They had so many opportunities. They chose not to. Although they do have assets, and even TOTE had a new Phase 2 Clone Trooper models for some reason, and new B2 and B1 and Commando droids models as well. But I really, really doubt it.

Maybe they're just releasing it on BluRay. Which would be nice. My Season 5 REMUX has delayed audio from the first original Warner Brothers BluRay batch, need someone to fucking fix that. And S7 on BluRay would be nice.
>>
File: 45432.jpg (146 KB, 400x400)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>92759349
thank you fuck
>>
File: Feels_Good_Ventress.png (86 KB, 659x609)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>92759349
>removing the final season branding for TCW
>more ventress content, along with an explaination as to how she is alive was promised

animated dark disciple adaptation incoming
screencap this.
>>
>>92759354
ToTE has a slightly different artstyle to TCW/TBB

everything is more glossy compared to the matte textures of TCW/TBB as well as the slight redesigns such as the new clone trooper armour
>>
File: gNXIB1t.jpg (234 KB, 1380x775)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>92759377
Yes, I noticed it as well. They had TCW's Coruscant Guard model at the beginning of Barriss' episode, but then you have new clone trooper and ES-trooper models for some reason, lol. The angular sharp shoulders look kinda ass, but the undersuit looks good. Weird design choices. Grand Inquisitor, for example, looks like some kind of blend between TCW and Rebels. He is not detailed enough to be TCW design, and he is also too smooth, so he is more like the Rebels one, but the brows and chin are angular, like TCW... We have concept arts of Pau'ans in TCW style from Crystal Crisis and they look way closer to ROTS Pau'ans, than TOTE Grand Inquisitor. GI's facial marks look like ass and they're too bright.
>>
>>92759425
I saw a video where they said its sorta a blend between TCW and rebels artstyles

plus we know the shorts are used to train new animators so having an artstyle thats similar to multiple artstyles would be a good call for whatever project you need them on
>>
>>92755205
>explain cut laquane
A deserter and entertainer living together does not count as a 'marriage'
>>
>>92759549
he gets to fuck prime twi'lek pussy every night and you dont

he doesnt even have to worry about being a deserter now as the clones have been forcefully retired
>>
>>92759147
Looks good, though I personally prefer Force Push to Reflex and Saber Throw, you do you.
The Medical Droid is good but the Vets might have troubles staying close to Luke if that's the plan.
Fleets are nice as mandatory Corp, but I'm not sure how they'll perform here. I feel like a unit of Ewok Slingers might be better.
The objectives, deployments look good, but Limited Visibility might be useful for Wookiees, Luke and Fleets in case your opponents has too many long-range units for Leia's bombardment to deal with.
>>92759233
It would be nice but also pretty weird given the end of TCW S7 being all about the end of the Clone Wars.
I thought they'd just adapt further stories through these Tales of Whatever shorts.
>>
>>92759599
>Looks good, though I personally prefer Force Push to Reflex and Saber Throw, you do you.
Thanks, I probably haven't played enough but why do you need force push when Luke has disengage?
>The Medical Droid is good but the Vets might have troubles staying close to Luke if that's the plan.
That's a bummer, bought that rebel upgrade pack early so trying to use it for something kek
>Fleets are nice as mandatory Corp, but I'm not sure how they'll perform here. I feel like a unit of Ewok Slingers might be better.
I just think fleet troopers look cool and I like standby, but if Ewoks are that much better maybe I'll get them I haven't really looked at them
>>
>>92759368
Anything that gets us more of based Dooku.
>>
>>92759699
>Force Push
Force Push is not really to Disengage but rather to have an easier time Engaging, where Luke can't get shot. It is doubly useful in Hostage Exchange to hamper the hostage carrying unit. It can also get units out of cover for the rest of your army to shoot at. Force Push is pretty versatile imo.
>Medical Droid
It can work but Vets usually prefer to stand and shoot, defending a position rather than move around
>Fleets
Try them out, what I said are just suggestions. Both Ewoks and Fleets serve the same purpose in the end. Fleets hit harder and have their standby trick while Ewoks are slightly tankier.
>>
>>92743414
>>92743522
You unironically sound like a clone

>"Hunter used to be fucking cool before he got a kid."
>"Yeah last Primeday I asked him if he wanted to go with me and the Vode to blow up some imperial shipping yards and then get a drink. Told me he was too busy with Omega to join."
>>
>>92759699
>>92759758
Oh and another thing regarding Force Push, you can Push units into your Fleet Troopers standby range and since it's a move it would trigger the standby.
It's a cute trick, but people never fall for it twice.
>>
>>92759584
Well yes, why do you think I'm so angry?
It's actually because I can't travel the galaxy with a qt Nighsister gf
>>
>>92759368
How mad would everyone be if they made her canonicaly visit Tatooine, have consensual intercourse with Obi Wan and then include their daughter in ST era stuff?
>>
>>92760051
Respawn’s Jedi games may be buggy and simplistic. But they scratch that itch of Jedi + weird GF that SW developed as a niche.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>92760065
>Obi having sex with anyone other than Satine
If Obi's bastard child is going to show up at some point, it'll be Korkie Kryze.
>>
>>92760081
Mando’s insistence of never mentioning TCW Mandalore being pacifists aside.
I was fully expecting at some point in S3 for Korie to turn up with a stack of money and just try to buy the Dark Saber off the Mando.
>>
>>92758118
Two things can, in fact, be bad at the same time. Yes, Wendig sucks ass. So does Traviss.
>>
>>92760081
What is it with Obi-Wan and blondes?
>>
>>92760552
He's a chad with good taste.
>>
>>92760552
That redhead chick from the Jedi Apprentice bros...
>>
>>92760571
Wasn't Siri also blonde?
>>
File: Cerasi.jpg (57 KB, 310x442)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>92760573
I'm talking about the Cerasi
>>
>>92760593
I honestly don't remember her. But Obi-Wan wouldn't be the first Jedi to fall over and into a hot redhead.
>>
File: IMG_7325.jpg (307 KB, 1152x828)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>92760593
Man how many chicks did Kenobi bang?
>>
>>92760657
He's had like 4-5 notable women who he fucked over his lifetime. And many more who were blatantly into him but he No Way'd them.

If I remember the Legends book about Approaching Storm, he is doing his morning stretching exercises while on the back of what amounts to a racing horse for the challenge and Barriss Offee sees him and thinks "hot" while he's doing it.
>>
>>92760099
>Mando’s insistence of never mentioning TCW Mandalore being pacifists aside.
I'd guess it's because all the survivors knew pacifism is fucking stupid.
>>
>>92737666
Does anyone have any idea what the children of the Mandalore would be called? Would they get a special title or just be normal (relatively speaking) people?
>>
>>92760757
>Does anyone have any idea what the children of the Mandalore would be called?
Mentally challenged.
>normal (relatively speaking) people?
>mandalorians
>normal
>even relatively
Never.
TMD.
>>
>>92760794
Shut up, Revan
>>
File: Drawing-102.sketchpad_1.png (2.22 MB, 1920x2160)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>92760757
Mand'alor is not a hereditary title, it's something that is earned through deeds and merit, so the children of the Mandalore would just be Mandalorians cursed with high expectations.
>>
>>92760882
Its earned through beating up the previous guy. Some guy with horns strolled in and claimed to lead them because he beat up the last guy who did. Everyone but like 5 guys went along with this.
>>
>>92760969
>>92760882
You also get the lightsaber by beating up the previous guy.

>war happened thousands of years ago
>Mandos got uppity, Jedi slapped them into place
>Mandos seethe endlessly
>steal a lightsaber from a Mando Jedi from a museum
>declare it a victory over their greatest enemies the Jedi and symbol of rulership of Mandalore for the future
>Jedi are meanwhile mildly confused why anybody wanted to steal the dead guy's lightsaber, it's a museum piece and they could have just had it if they asked

Mandalorians are just hilariously retarded in their monomaniacal autism.
>>
>>92743850
>he always wanted to use the Empire against the greater threat of the Vong
The Vong didn't exist when Thrawn was created. When Thrawn was created and the primary source that every still knows and loves him from and uses as the benchmark for who Thrawn is, the Heir to the Empire series, he is just an Empire loyalist through and through who believes their totalitarian, militaristic government is better than the New Republic. All the Chiss material, Vong, ect. All came later.
>>
>>92759147
Force push should be on every force used that can take it. Being able to move your enemy is too good
>>
File: IMG_0928.jpg (197 KB, 410x1604)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
How to improve teddy bear list?
>>
>>92746777
>the outrage this would create.
Imperial citizens don't give a shit about our boys killing more Johnny Reb, and Johnny Reb won't be any more pissed off than he usually is.
>>
>>92761463
>Dawn
Telekinesis is the most busted ability in basically any game ever. More so in games that let you actually use it the way it should be able to, like making a guy go that way, but make his head go the other way, until something gives.
>>
>>92761847
I have no idea where the greentext came from
>>
File: IMG_8238.jpg (656 KB, 1242x672)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>92737666
A question for the degenerates in the thread but what do you think the most fuckable and least fuckable species in the Separatist Council are?
As a reminder the races consist of Neimoidian’s, Gossam’s, Skakoan’s, Kooriva, Muun’s, Quarren’s, Aqualish, Geonosian’s and the Holwuff.
>>
>>92760593
Wasn't she part of Anakin's class?
>>
>>92761217
And the prequels didn't exist when the OT came out, get over it.
>>
>>92760065
i'd want her in a kenobi season 2, but kenobi season 2 isnt gonna happen
>>
>>92741277
>It's foolish to expect TV people to read fucking licensing books
I'm not a fan of most of the New EU, but this was supposed to be the big selling point of it: getting rid of tiered canon and creating a cohesive expanded universe that hung together. In this concept, if the TV people want to use book characters, then they should fit the books. That's the entire goddamn point. If they're just going to do whatever again, why even bother to pretend?

Even if it's stupid to believe they'd handle any of this correctly, anons aren't wrong to get mad that they fucked it up. When they clearly outline an positive, and then don't follow through, it's always okay to shit on them for it even if you never should've believed them to begin with.
>>
File: 1445452831157.jpg (318 KB, 429x1000)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>92761878
Toss up between Neimoidian and Quarren.
>>
File: Quarren_Female.jpg (466 KB, 546x465)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>92761986
For most.
>>
>>92748891
There was a video interview with one of the designers on the sequel trilogy and they were asked about this design. It appently originated from some of JJ Abrams directives on TFA. First, he wanted practical aliens as much as possible. Second he wanted most to be clearly alien not just repaints with a prosthetic or two. Thirdly he wanted to highlight aliens that were in the resistance to show contrast with the first order.

Turns out getting a design that can meet all those requirements is difficult. If you go back and look at the original movies, big rubber mask aliens largely did not move that much or make complicated actions in wide shots or were operated with the help of puppeteers in close ups. Problem! That did not work with JJs frantic faster style. So the designers were then limited to a design that could be small enough to be carried on a lone human actor able to respond to JJs direction. That greatly limits the design for the body. JJ wants them actually doing things in the resistance meaning the actor has to actually have clear views of what they are interacting with further restricting the design of the head. You can see the nostrils are actually eye holes for the actor.

Next problem, is that its difficult to design a practical design that is clearly alien, that is actively interacting with the scene/cast but is not to distracting from the important bits that the audiance should be paying attention to. There is a reason that repainted actors with a prosthetic or two gets used so often. They immediately register as alien but since the human mind still see the similarities to what it sees every day it does not focus on it. So now they have the problem that they have this clearly alien design that is supposed to be everywhere doing something but the audiance is not supposed to focus on it. So they literally give it background colors. Lots of earth tone and beige. (The colors also fit in with JJA desire to go back to OT grit and grunge)
>>
>>92741707
Do you think Jennifer would be okay with getting punched?
>>
>>92762086
This makes a lot of sense.

I think we're thankfully past the worst of that stuff now?, but in that mid-teens era there was a real stigma around CGI and a big focus on praising practical effects among the "film-bro" crowd. Like when Fury Road came out and everyone wouldn't stop praising its focus on practical effects. (When in reality, lots of its effects were CGI or a blend of physical and CGI, and it was simply good because it was well made.) That was the exact kind of normie film-bro groupthink that JJ Abrams is susceptible to, so it's totally in-character for him to have been overly influenced by it and taken it too far. Especially since (and we're thankfully past this too) back when TFA was being made, anything that even *reminded* of the prequels was too taboo to touch with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>92746777
>but invigorate more rebellion against the Empire because of the outrage this would create.
Yeah just like USA/Israel attacks on countryname on the Middle East.
>>
>>92763179
>>92763179
>>92763179
>>
>>92762711
CGI is still fucking trash, in fact it's been looking worse and worse for years.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.