[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Guilliman_Saviour.jpg (663 KB, 1187x1646)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>worst fucking change to the franchise that destroys the entire grimdark atmosphere, replacing it with superhero capeshit
>fans celebrate it and want more capeshit

Huh? Are 40k fans this retarded? Sounds like star wars fans
>>
And thats a good thing. Also not joining some discord or clicking your link.
>>
>>92736427
OP here

You're a faggot and that's an IP grabber
>>
>>92736438
>And thats a good thing

Why?
>>
>>92736474
mad? You made a bait thread anyway youll cry over marvel or dumb shit but still obsess over 40k you sunk to much of your life into it youll never leave
>>
>GW puts a white, blonde heterosexual man in the spotlight
How did they get away with this?
>>
>>92736597
Not mad about that. I just fucking hate primarchs and think 40k never should have advanced its timeline. It was always about a dying galactic empire struggling in its last days. Not some capeshit where guilliman fixes everything and his brother comes back and starts teleporting around
>>
>>92736414
>>best fucking change to the franchise that enhances the entire grimdark atmosphere by adding cool models
>>fans celebrate it and want more cool models
That about sums it up, yeah.
>>
>>92736438
>>92736533
>marvel k boys seeking hard
Lmao
>>
>>92736629
>slop k boy coping hard
XD
>>
>>92736414
Isn't this kind of an investor driven thing, make it brighter and more appealling again

Note the strategy of just releasing posable and easy to convert "power armour future soldiers" is less fraught than all this
>>
>>92736414
I dont think any one disagrees with you, the bringing back of loyalist primarchs was a mistake.
>>
>>92736753
The reason 40k never progressed for years was a ceo mandate
>>
>>92736597
>Heterosexual
>Has Eldar "girl"friend
>Eldar are canonically trans, especially Dark Eldar

Ol' Bobby G ain't straight, my dude.
>>
>>92736617
He's not fixing everything though. His Indomitus Crusade only stabilized the situation and kept the Imperium from collapsing immediately after the Great Rift. The Imperium is still collapsing though and the Indomitus Crusade has largely stalled out and lost momentum while half the Imperium still remains cut off.
>>
>>92736753
Yeah, they decided to take a setting and turn it into a linear marvel plot.
>>
>>92736617
Cry more bitch. The truth is it doesn’t matter what you think. It only matters what GW thinks. If you don’t like it then fuck off and never come back. We don’t want to hear your bitching.
>>
if you use marvel as critique your opinion is invalidated
>>
>>92736809
This is definitely a minority opinion. All space marine players want their primarch to return. That’s why GW keeps bringing more back, because they sell.
>>
>>92736891
I’m so damn glad those days are gone. I like progression.
>>
>>92737021
Pointing to marine players probably isn't the best play. Marines players are notorious pay pigs and have, by and large, consistently bought into the colossal middle fingers GW likes to throw their way every so often - the largest of the more recent ones being marine-marines.
>>
>>92736939
No point explaining it to them. They don’t know what they’re talking about and they don’t want to learn. They just want to endlessly bitch and whine, if there was no plot progression then they’d be complaining about that instead. Bitching is their real hobby.
>>
>>92736414
You’ve literally haven’t read anything the atmosphere for the imperium and everyone not chaos is “holy fucking shit dude this really fucking sucks”

What do you newfags be talking about why is /tg/ the therapy board for you idiots to bitch on
>>
>>92737056
But when it comes to Primarchs, marine players and their wants are the most relevant in this discussion because that’s who the primachs are fucking for, space marine players. You’re a fucking retard.
>>
>>92737056
>x players want y
>no no no you don’t get it x want y because they have money
Oh thanks I didn’t get that
>>
File: iq-ripley.gif (2.15 MB, 498x269)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
>>92737040
> I like progression.
Progression inevitably leads to power creep. Every new event has to be bigger and more awesome than the last, until eventually you end up jumping the shark.

40k did not need to progress, because 40k is not a plot. It is a setting in which plots take place.
>>
>>92736414
>Are 40k fans this retarded?
You really need to ask?
>>
>>92737125
No it doesn’t it just has to have a logical progression of events escalation isn’t necessary. As evidenced by the seventeen thousand times GW sets a sector on fire and then fucks off to never talk about it again to allow you to /your dude/ and run campaigns. By the way the imperium lost the majority of engagements surrounding the Nachmund Gauntlet/Rift War/Etc.
>>
why do grogs air grievances with eachother?

Most guys just say they like progression to piss you guys off since all you do is circle jerk agasint progression, horus heresy, marvel its all you do now
>>
>>92737105
I'm not saying marine players wants aren't relevant, I'm saying I don't respect them or their opinions. Their willingness to lap up anything marine GW throws out sometimes has a habit of biting everyone else in the ass.

>>92737125
Personally, I think you can have progress in the setting without moving the entire thing drastically forward - it's just a matter of scale. It's a bad habit of writers, when handling projects like these, to go global rather than stay local - so to speak. Instead of forcing sweeping consequences stemming from galaxy sized events, things should remain in a smaller in more localized area and focus on more personal stories.
The galaxy is a massive fuck-off place filled with countless wildly different characters to be explored. Even if the wider setting remains static, you can still maintain a massive amount of motion and explore a massive number of different ideas.
>>
>>92737213
>Most guys just say they like progression to piss you guys off
I don’t I appreciate the setting more for allowing an even greater and deeper expanse of narratives.
>>
>>92737248
no you dumbass people just say progression and primarchs are cool TO piss you off. They are trolling you because you take the bait to cry about the death of fan fiction
>>
>>92737215
That's exactly what I meant though. They should never have made changes to the overall setting, just introduced stories that focused on events that had personal rather than setting significance.
>>
>>92737125
>The Battle of Actium was a mistake. The collapse of the Roman Republic is a setting not a story™.
>>
>>92737277
"forget the promise of progress"

Warhammer 40k's entire fucking deal is that it's a stagnant society where things do not get better. The Roman Empire wasn't stagnant for ten thousand years prior to Octavian.

Also, 40k is not supposed to mirror actual history. It's fiction, you can't approach it like that.
>>
>>92736916
>Eldar are canonically trans
Eldar, even Dark Eldar, do not worship Slaanesh (anymore), and that's the only way you can actually become 'trans'.
>>
>>92736414
I'm just tired of the chaos wank
theres more to the game than just space marines and CSM :c
>>
>>92737269
I think they’re cool because they’re cool I’m not irony poisoned
>>
>>92737021

I mean, personally I'd rather they fucking dropped the retarded 64 book prequel series that misinterpreted what were clearly ancient legends as "Omg! The primarchs were 12 foot tall gods!" rather than the vastly more obvious "The primarchs were the initial leaders of the legions and became figures of ridiculous legend across 10,000 years of distorted history"
>>
>>92737359
T. A dumbass who read the black library blurb like a Bible
>>
>>92737899
I find it funny how every complaint about 40k always boils down to someone mad that 40k didn’t follow their personal headcanon
>>
>>92737125

As evidenced by them going "OMG! The galaxy has been cut in half!!!!! Abaddon is the ultimate villain of everything! The stagnant declining faction has new better supersoldiers with new better equipment! The custodes will threaten to kill your marines if they don't accept this tech heresy! And the power grabbing caesar analogue is back after a ten thousand year nap and the new emperor in all but name!"
>>
>>92737925

>Personal headcanon

I have eyes, anon, read the 3rd edition core rulebook some time. Giant super-being primarchs that single-handedly make it so their legions might as well be decorative don't fit the setting in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>92738003

To be fleetingly fair to the chuds, GW do seem weirdly intent on forgetting that the chaos marines are a tiny force that failed for thousands of years to hold any realspace territory, who are a targetted threat to the Imperium's stability due to their grudge and the support of more local cults.

The chaos gods are a huge threat, they orchestrated the entire heresy, the galaxy being in it's current shitty state is basically their win condition, and they can always find a way to gnaw at the roots and make things worse... But the chaos marines would take a lazy afternoon to crusade out of existence if there weren't orks and nids everywhere and they didn't have warp rifts to retreat to to lick their wounds.

It's beyond baffling to see them try to make Abaddon, a guy with a million marines tops, who no Xenos faction has any reason to care exists, the Main Central Villain of the Galaxy.
>>
>>92737983
My problem with Primarchs being brought in is that it introduces the same problem AoS has with its active gods. You have these ridiculously powerful beings wandering around the setting, yet they're not fixing (or breaking) shit left and right. Instead, writers have to constantly find reasons to sideline them. Unfortunately, one of the most common ways this manifests is by dropping the characters IQ well below room temperature, which ultimately just devalues them.
>>
>>92738219

A chapter master can kick all kinds of ass, has the best gear available and a certain degree of plot armour. They can, despite the limited personality marines tend to have, be kinds cool. They're under enough threat for it to be engaging, but strong enough to be an escapist superhero murdering things with implausible skill.

Even a custodes... Super fucking rare, and only a little better than a marine. If you put a chapter master up against a shield captain he'd be the underdog, but you could imagine him pulling out the win by luck and creative fighting.

...Primarchs are shitty because if you put 20 chapter masters in a room with 1 primarch you'd expect the chapter masters to be basically disposable chaff. If they fought each other, the primarch would at most take a superficial cut. If they fought together, you'd expect the primarch to be doing 80% of the work.

Why in the fuck would you want to read about that shit? And yeah as you said, they need to be made mouthbreathing morons to not immediately solve everything.
>>
>>92738114
Why is it that the only two opinions of chaos is either Carnac levels of retarded or inbred monkey
>>
>>92738003
Imagine caring about a bunch of warp addicted crackwhores when you could be playing with the spooky scary skeletons and the not zerg

The only decent thing chaos has going for it are the red corsairs and Peter Turbo but at this point I think they will find a way to ruin the iron warriors
>>
>>92737983
>Giant super-being primarchs that single-handedly make it so their legions might as well be decorative don't fit the setting in any way, shape or form.
Can you show me the 40k you’ve been reading that this is a thing? I didn’t know gorillaman is flying all over the imperium with a cape on
>>
>>92738316

Yeah it's basically the entirety of the heresy series.

Also I dunno if you noticed, but they're frequently depicted as being like two marines tall and as having retarded super-stats on the tabletop like angron having about four bloodthirsters worth of melee attacks.
>>
>>92737910
That "black library blurb" has been in every single 40k rulebook since 1987.

You deserve to fucking die, tourist.
>>
>>92738219
>You have these ridiculously powerful beings wandering around the setting, yet they're not fixing (or breaking) shit left and right.
Because the gods nor the primarch are omnipotent time traveling super gods. It takes time to travel places and do things I don’t even know why this has to be pointed out. People keep calling the setting marvel but refuse to view it through any other lens then comic book and WWE logic. What is Gotillaman stopping an chaos incursion in the ass end of the imperium going to do for the other ass end of the imperium that has to deal with 78 other factions raping it on top of being incompetent? The only people who utterly believe primarchs can fix everything despite the setting consistently telling people otherwise is on this board and YouTube comments

>writers have to constantly find reasons to sideline them.
It’s called having responsibilities and politics? Let me guess it was bullshit that Guiliman didn’t completely revolutionize the imperium and instead the high lords rebelled and tried to kill him twice and blowing up one of his flagships?

>>92738304
Who the fuck is reading stories about primarchs stepping on kids? You read stories of primarchs trying and struggling to do what they used to or failed to do. You read a story about gorillaman getting crushed by the inertia of millennia of fucked up governance and religion while trying to manage a campaign. You read a story about Lionel realizing how fucking retarded and autistic he used to be while dealing with not having the same ability to back it up. Why do you guys act like there’s one story to tell in 40k and it’s not a collection of narratives, plots, and themes.
>>
>>92738345
>Yeah it's basically the entirety of the heresy series.
you mean those books with the vast majority of them about the primarchs commanding hundreds of thousands of troops in war zones and them being stuck in one war zone instead of another one a central part of the plot? The books that involved all the legions being split up and explicitly not having the same ability to travel and fight each other?
>>
>>92738402

I'm acting like there's no interesting angles to take with primarchs, because I'm correct.
>>
>>92738402
>"THEY'RE COOL BRO THEY'RE NOT SUPERHEROES THE SETTING DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND THEM"

>guilliman literally dies and comes back to life, wounding a fucking chaos god permanently in the process
>guilliman beats magnus's ass
>the lion beats angron's ass
>the lion also teleports around like a capeshit superhero and can bring whole armies with him just because
>no new Imperial Armour books focusing on smaller local conflicts have been released since fucking 7th Ed
>every new narrative event has to involve either guilliman or now the Lion in some way, directly or indirectly
>acting like the rest of the universe hasn't also devolved into capeshit, like abaddon and calgar having a slapfight, Ragnar beheading Ghazzy, etc
>>
>>92738431
More like you don’t understand 40k but that’s ok you’re in great company on this board
>>
>>92738436
You forgot

>guilliman's indomitus crusade somehow advancing into the half of the galaxy cut off from the astronomican to save the blood angels at the last moment
>cawl introducing a plethora of new technology to a faction based around cultural and technological regression

Absolutely horrid writing
>>
Consumer fags defending nuGW and trash tabletop ideas have ruined this board. They are seriously the most sunk cost retards.
Primarchs returning and setting progression is retarded just like going too in depth with the Heresy and Necrons was a stupid idea
>>
>>92738437

More like the release of Horus Rising was the final sign that nobody who understood 40k was still employed at GW.

>>92738428

Yeah, the ones where no number of marines is a plausible threat to a primarch, so their armies become effectively chaff filler like a dynasty warriors game.
>>
>>92738436
>guilliman literally dies and comes back to life, wounding a fucking chaos god permanently in the process
What did this accomplish by the way? Did Iax come back? Or any of the numerous worlds burned and corrupted to demon worlds? Did this stop Nurgle demons in any of the campaigns GW released? Or am I supposed to onions out about this like you did?

>guilliman beats magnus's ass
Cool
>the lion beats angron's ass
Cool
>the lion also teleports around like a capeshit superhero and can bring whole armies with him just because
Yeah the pseudo gods made from the warp having Psyker powers is fucking unbelievable, I can’t believe The Lion saved his sons from getting raped by Vashtoor three times and decimated. Whoops I lost count it was two and a half and the other half of the imperium is still utterly fucked in three dimensions
>no new Imperial Armour books focusing on smaller local conflicts have been released since fucking 7th Ed
So the rift war, vigils, nachmund gauntlet, shadow spear, any of the events surrounding the psychic awakening or the 4 other campaigns they released during that time just fucking didn’t happen? I didn’t read about the imperium getting fucked in 8/10 of these conflicts? Sorry that GW doesn’t spoon feed you lore in a convenient matter anymore but what the fuck are you talking about

> acting like the rest of the universe hasn't also devolved into capeshit, like abaddon and calgar having a slapfight, Ragnar beheading Ghazzy, etc
>what you mean GW don’t Kill models so they can sell them?!?!?!? This has literally never ever happened until the past five-seven years!
Fucking Christ
>>
>>92738461
They have to start dying en masse. 40k tournaments need to be mass shooting locations
>>
>>92738468
I can’t believe primarchs are more threatening than a space marine and have more military sway than them this is unbelievable why did GW rape the lore like this?
>>
>>92738520

The difference between a primarch and a marine might actually be greater than the difference between a hive tyrant and a ripper.
>>
>>92738498
The funny thing about Arks of Angron is that people are so utterly obsessed with angron and the lion and completely ignore Abby decimating the dark angels and their chapters and getting what he wanted from the entire campaign and unleashing the balefleets on the imperium. But because this is Nu/tg/ the only thing that happened is lion and angron fought
>>
>>92738498
>what you mean GW don’t Kill models so they can sell them?!?!?!?

They had plenty of character models available in WHFB that were canonically dead. GW is just fucking weak and too afraid to make some Imperiumfags mad for the sake of having a good narrative.

>Yeah the pseudo gods made from the warp having Psyker powers is fucking unbelievable, I can’t believe The Lion saved his sons from getting raped by Vashtoor three times and decimated. Whoops I lost count it was two and a half and the other half of the imperium is still utterly fucked in three dimensions

As long as the Dark Angels remain alive, the stakes aren't there. Kill a few more important worlds or famous chapters and I'll take the Imperium's enemies more seriously. Right now they come across as cartoon villains.

Also the "pseudo-god" shit is retarded nulore and whoever wrote it deserves to have their family tortured in front of them.

>So the rift war, vigils, nachmund gauntlet, shadow spear, any of the events surrounding the psychic awakening or the 4 other campaigns they released during that time just fucking didn’t happen? I didn’t read about the imperium getting fucked in 8/10 of these conflicts?

They were all shit compared to Imperial Armour to the point I didn't even bother reading most of them. Especially psychic awakening. Maybe if Alan Bligh hadn't died the lore would be in a much better place, but you faggots probably celebrated his death because the Imperium lost most conflicts in Imperial Armour. Also not enough primarchs in them for your marvel-loving asses.

Go back to watching marvel movies.
>>
>>92738498
>>what you mean GW don’t Kill models so they can sell them?!?!?!? This has literally never ever happened until the past five-seven years!
GW used to kill models they were selling and then continue selling the models. Eldrad was dead for over ten years. Tycho was dead and playable. The plastic chaos terminator lord was introduced alongside a global campaign about a sorcerer named Ygethmor, who was killed at the end, and that model kept being sold.
>>
Heh, good thing I haven't bought any new rules since the late 90s.
Also a good thing: I don't give a fuck about fandoms anymore.
Yeayeayea, go on, discuss how this anime is crap or great, go on about this nu ruleset or this new RPG edition, go on, talk about how this or that streamer is a cunt, how this movie is bad, how this movie is great, go on, waste your life while I fuck my wife after we rewatched Simpsons pre se10 or some old movie from the 80s, and then we go on and play a round of OG Necromunda or start a new campaign of OG WarhammerQuest.
>>
>>92738544
>the difference between a godlike creature and a dude might be greater than the difference between a bug and a big bug
Ok
>>
>>92736414
It's a star wars reference.
>>
>>92738560

Right, exactly?

Why the fuck are primarchs godlike creatures? Where did this retarded meme come from and how did it get into the writing room?
>>
>>92738560
>>the difference between a godlike creature
That's what everyone is complaining about retard, 40k used to be degenerated mortals fighting over the ruins of a godlike civilization. The gods themselves were missing, dead, or had simply stopped caring.

It's not about powerscaling autism, it's about themes.
>>
>>92738558
You don't play OG games. There are no other players you could play with, lmao. The only way to play games is to play the newest edition at your local game store.

None of you oldfags actually play games
>>
>>92738577
Why do you want 40k to become noblebright?
>>
>>92736414
Nope, sorry I'm not going to pretend that I'm upset that a blonde blue-eyed Aryan superhuman arrived to save the day.
>>
>>92737277
>unable to understand the difference between actual history and a lorebook designed to sell plastic toys
>>
>>92738550
>NOOOOOO GWWW WHY DIDNT YOU MAKE 40K MORE LIKE WHF THAT ENDED SO WELLL NOOOOOOO

>As long as the Dark Angels remain alive, the stakes aren't there.
In what era would GW ever kill a first founding chapter? Are you an idiot? Are the only stakes you understand is in action figures instead of the circumstances of the setting they operate in? No way in hell you’re a fan of 40k at any point in its history and don’t understand this. They haven’t even killed the crimson fists and you’re talking about this, the lamenters aren’t extinct and your talking about this. At this point I guess the first founding should never do anything

>Kill a few more important worlds or famous chapters and I'll take the Imperium's enemies more seriously. Right now they come across as cartoon villains.
They have been consistently winning gains and stopping the imperium from getting any form of positive momentum that isn’t immediately killed or subverted by chaos cultists, or soul drained into oblivion by necrons, or out fucking skilled by the Tyranids. Every single books release in the dawn of fire series is a testament to how bad it is for the imperium and the vast majority of the books are dedicated to showing you it’s getting worse. Go to the end of any of them and read the in lore explanations about how fucked the crusades are and that everything is held together by duct tape and literal cope that things are going to get better. You engage with the setting as if it’s wrestle-mania and get mad at GW because you can’t see past a single primarch shaped tree for the burning forest of impaled imperials in front of you
>>
>>92738583

Well yeah, I tried toughing 6th-8th out with pickup games at the local GW, but all that got me was trampling all over newbies whilst they came at me with retarded tourney lists that might've given them an advantage if they weren't unaware of basic target priority and board control.

Covid getting me out of actively playing is the best thing to happen in years desu.
>>
>>92738550
>Why doesn’t GW do thing?
>What? I don’t read, are you dumb? why would I read about the thing I’m saying doesn’t exist?
Every single time
>>
>>92738591
Because the perpetual 5 minutes to midnight scenario got stale and boring about four editions ago
>>
>>92738500
>>92738461
You deserve to have nothing, and you deserve to be oppressed. Fortunately you will be.
>>
>>92738450
I genuinely like the idea around Cawl - the whole using sophistry to talk around any accusations of being a heretek while experimenting is fun. The problem is he just pulls a lot of major innovations out of his ass - the whole Primaris controversy being the best example.
>>
>>92738642

Yanno you'd figure a benefit of an anonymous format is you wouldn't need to bring annoying extremist politics into things.
>>
>>92738576
>used to be
Wait I’m sorry did everybody become pretty action movie stars about hope and eternal love when I wasn’t looking? Which book is that in I’d like to read it
>>
File: RT_artwork_1 (2).jpg (117 KB, 645x460)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>92738657
That's not the only thing makes it grimdark you fucking idiot. It's the SHEER FUCKING EVIL of every faction, which Guilliman's return fails to capture
>>
>>92738591
>noblebright
This is such a fucking retarded grog complaint, the galaxy has never been more fucked than it is right now
>>
>>92738671
>Which book is that in I’d like to read it

There's two entire book series just like this, actually: Dark Imperium and Dawn of Fire. Devastation of Baal is also included but it's standalone
>>
>>92738626
No, I think that attempts to conflate how people interpret changes to the lore with their political opinions or other, similar persuasions are largely mistaken. Statements of total ideology have to be totally correct, and they almost never are.
>>
>>92738674
I swear to god, if GW used artwork like this for cover art instead of pictures of smiling, shiny, brightly colored space marines standing out over pictures of minorities like a star wars poster, you faggots would probably LOVE the dawn of fire books even if the actual stories were COMPLETELY UNCHANGED
>>
>>92736414
One word.
>FERDAKEEDS
>>
>>92738674
ok so you literally don't know what you're talking about, many such cases with grogs
>>
>>92738629
>They have been consistently winning gains and stopping the imperium from getting any form of positive momentum that isn’t immediately killed or subverted by chaos cultists, or soul drained into oblivion by necrons, or out fucking skilled by the Tyranids

Then how come "The Imperium is losing" is no longer present in the marketing material? All I see nowadays is space marines killing things or standing around heroically. It's all so tiresome
>>
>>92738704
Let me guess, you think Imperial are "TEH GUD GUYZ"
>>
>>92738685
>Dark Imperium
That’s a novel series which one? The one where the imperium tries to kill Gorillaman? Force him into a Saint and he nearly has a psychological breakdown? The one where he has to abide by the sacrifice of millions just because the faith said it was cool? Which book?

>Dawn of Fire.
Oh you meant the one where he has to deal with never ending political strife, an assassination, his father hating him, and endless recidivists. Oh I might be confusing that with its cousin series watcher of the throne in which the high lords immediately rebel and try to kill him because they’re scared of change that doesn’t happen and the high lord of the assassins tells him straight up that the only reason he didn’t let him die or kill him was because he wants the imperium to crush him with the holy weight of its stagnation and drown him in crushing despair like it’s done every single other person that had half of the blue gorillas ideas.

>Devastation of Baal
Ohhh you mean the book in which Gorillaman tells Dante to stop being a faggot you don’t get to die and stop being retarded Baal is a shithole fix it up before chaos starts talking to your people. That one yeah
>>
>>92738715
> Then how come "The Imperium is losing" is no longer present in the marketing material?
>Why won’t GW spoon feed me!
I know modern /tg/ is incapable of reading the material they won’t stop talking about but did you miss the whole trailer for the new edition in which Guilliman told you hope is a lie and we’re all going to fucking die?
>>
>>92738715
Anon, recall Starship Troopers, when the violence escalated and Klandathu hurled a meteor at Earth...

Do you think humanity was winning?
The propaganda certainly got more convincing as if they were...
But then at the end of the movie when the Roughnecks are laughing about how new troopers 'get younger every year'
What does that imply?
The Imperium's face tooper changing from Cadian to Krieg is not any indication they are winning, only a change along the sliding bar of desperate requirements to survive.
>>
>>92738402
>Lion not having the same ability
Elaborate please? Did he get crippled or something?
>>
>>92738763
He’s old
>>
>>92738759
I’m genuinely confused how the imperium could be split in half even worse than it was in the heresy and also not have stable communication, supply lines, or travel but the idea that the imperium is doing bad is foreign
>>
>>92738793
Critical thinking is a lost art. Try relying a little heavier on your internal language model and not the limbic system.
>>
>>92738817
It’s not even about critical thinking nobody wants to read. Why read when some dumbass on YouTube can read a dumbass on Reddit read a dumbass on 4chan give a half asses contextless summary of an event or campaign
>>
>>92738781
But he is primarch? They dont get old. If he gets old how did he kick angron away, the guy who only got better at fighting since his becoming a demon? Why is ultramarine guy not old too? I am confused.
>>
>>92738750
Well your fellow fans seemed to miss out on that, they get very butthurt if you point out that the Imperium is supposed to be doomed.
>>
>>92738674
Imperium are good guys, the only good guys. Sorry to say.
>>
>>92738849
Then it's time to shoot up Warhammer World. I'll call up my SAS buddies, the government has been planning this for a while
>>
>>92738826
Even if it is not directed at me I feel threatened. Just curious about some things in lore and do not want to slog through bad literature in order to understand what is going on. Also you have to find those books to pirate or buy them. All to sate your curiosity. Not as much motivated to do either.
>>
>>92738870
KILL YOURSELF, SECONDARY!!!! GO BACK TO STAR WARS!!!!
>>
>>92738843
>But he is primarch?
Yes
>they don’t get old
He did

>Why is ultramarine guy not old too? I am confused.
Ultramarine guy was dying in a stasis sleepy chair. Old guy was roaming the warp
>>
File: More.jpg (491 KB, 1047x1005)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>>92738826
4chins has unfiltered opinions, which is sensational. Anything sensational gives dopamine. As a grifter there is no money grubbing tactic with more returns than one that incorporates getting fingering the pleasure button all day for your dollar.
The problem then is the weakness of the flesh and there is only one cure.
>>
>>92738870
There’s nothing wrong with that. The problem is when people who do that come on /tg/ and use this board as a therapy session to complain
>>
>>92736414
>Cadians reinforced as Imperium main infantry
GOOD
>>
>>92738891
You skub.
There's plenty wrong with being a useless noncontributing mop. There's just no way to stop useless cattle soothers like you from making them feel welcome.
>>
>>92738892
>actually anyone can be cadian! Even if they're not from cadia!

That's the new lore for cadian regiments
>>
>>92738899
Sorry I’m not interested in sitting in a circle sniffing my own farts
>>
File: g45h897j979j46e64.jpg (376 KB, 1181x867)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
OP is a secondary faggot that doesn't read the actual 40k lore, so he doesn't know that Guilliman is a depressed Space Hide the Pain Harold and the Imperium is half the size that it was and fucked up even more despite all his efforts.
OP only parrots shallow propaganda fluff from codexes, shitposter memes, and GW social media ads but delusionally believes that he's a grog.
Don't be like the OP.
>>
>>92738920

God now you're reminding me they got rid of the eye of fucking terror and I'm depressed now.
>>
>>92737004
I for one enjoy the bitching and moaning because I do not like nu40k. Delete everything after 2017 and we're good.
>>
>>92738935
>and the Imperium is half the size that it was

I thought the blood angels and dark angels are in charge of that half of the galaxy and doing a good job of it
>>
>>92738927
Ah sorry anon, you're in a cesspool, if you want to smell your OWN farts you have to go to the piss pool, they almost didn't have it this year but the community pulled together to make it happen.
>>
>>92738935

Yeah, I'll stick with the original 13th black crusade, thanks.
>>
>>92738939
Yeah it's still fucked up that the fucking EYE OF TERROR is now just a tiny section of "the great rift." Great Rift. What a shitty fucking name. Same goes for Cicatrix Maledictum. None of them strike the heart like "THE EYE OF TERROR." God I miss it. I miss the old days...
>>
>>92738945
>doing a good job of it
lol
Both Lineages have been decimated
The Blood Angels got the worse of it because most of their veterans died before they could train the Primaris also the Nids tore their home systems apart. Neither are doing good
>>
>>92738945
Imperials in the bad side of the rift only control a small area outside Baal and isolated pockets. The rest is still out of contact/overrun as per the latest fluff in the timeline from years ago.

With the indomitus Crusade 40k is pretty much is a new perpetual 13th Black Crusade with no end in sight by design. The clock to midnight just moved a bit.
>>
>>92738965
Talked to a new fan the other day at my LGS.

He didn't even know what the Eye of Terror even was.
>>
>>92738965
>>92738976
The Eye of Terror still exists, WTF are you talking about?
If anybody doesn't know anything about the setting, it's people parroting memes like you
>>
>>92738975
Also there’s a whole Tyrannical War going on and the Necrons are doing that whole strangling the galaxy and cutting it off from the Warp thing

The imperium is fucking fucked as always
>>
File: 1713792485736627m.jpg (130 KB, 1024x699)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Guilliman? Primaris? Huh? The galaxy is preparing for the 13th black crusade and Hive Fleet Leviathan, friend. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>92737040
Then find an IP that focuses on progression. The whole idea behind 40k is the Imperium is a STAGNANT, bloated bureaucracy on the edge of collapse and held together by the inexhaustible manpower of the imperial guard and space marines. This doesn't sound like something you'd like anon.
>>
>>92737601
>he lacks the information
>>
>>92737069
I've been in the hobby since early 2004 and I've never heard a single other soul say they wanted plot progression. Get fucked.
>>
>>92739017
That sounds grimderp. I like primarchs more. 40k has become my latest obsession after Endgame, and by God it has delivered.
>>
>>92739017
>He smiled at me again from the darkness– a chilling gesture.
>‘Listen to me, chancellor. Right now, shaken by all that has taken place, we speak of the primarch as if he were some new Emperor, come to sweep all our history away and replace it with his bright new species of enlightenment. We think of him as the great redeemer, the restorer of lost greatness. And so the conflict begins, the weary fights between those who think any of that matters.’
>His smile faded away.
>‘But Guilliman, let me assure you, is unimportant. He can make as many speeches as he likes. He can make as many reforms as he wishes to. It will all be absorbed. It will all be
smothered. He has stamina, more than most, but even he will tire. The Imperium is the only enemy he can never hope to best, for it is older and vaster than any of us. I give him ten years. Ten years, before he forgets that he was ever part of another world, and chains his future to this one.’
>I listened warily. I didn’t like it, but I listened.
>‘And when he next comes to Terra, if he ever does again, you will see the change. You will hear no more about what he believed during his first lifetime, and plenty of what he has learned in this one. If he lives, if he dies, it makes no difference. Stasis will be the case, whether or not it ought to be. The Imperium will endure. That is the only truth, and the only outcome.’
>He shot me a wry look.
>‘Imperium Eterna.’
The Regent's Shadow
>>
>>92739060
>guilliman is as unimportant as some random High Lord, basically

Based
>>
>>92739017
>the Imperium is a STAGNANT
It still is you don’t understand what your talking about.
>NOOOO SPACE MARINES CANT GET NEW TECH
They have all the damn time there are several first founding chapters that not only developed their own special in house technology but also innovate. Until the imperium receives new manufacturing, and developing techniques it’s always going to be stagnant. The warp tech is shit. Politics are shit because communications are shit. Faith is also shit because the rift driving people insane and mutating them. Guiliman can’t rule from Terra because everything is shit everywhere else. Terra is still shit from three fucking different conflicts back to back. The Psyker tithe is shit because of that. The bureaucracy is shit because of all those before mentioned reasons plus more. The standard of living across the imperium is shit and getting even shittier. The military has always gotten new toys I don’t know why you guys jerk off so hard about this as if the imperiums way of operating via improving. Despite every single thing telling you it’s falling apart. What the fuck do you niggas be talking about all you do is speak in platitudes never any thing from the lore never any proper example read a damn book
>>
>>92739145
And then here comes this fucking dickhead
>>
>>92736597
It's decades-old lore at this point, so they can't really change it (even though they made Femstodes, lol). They'll probably bring Vulkan back next to make up for it.
>>
>>92739148
More like here comes truth that makes you seethe.
>>
File: bogbwp.png (480 KB, 580x695)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>92736597
There's more.
>>
>>92738583
Well, at least i have sex.
>>
>>92739167
you know you’re a dickhead that’s very impressive self awareness
>>
>>92739199
How about you try to find a single flaw in what I said? You're part of the problem since you're more obsessed with politeness than truth.
>>
>>92739205
>every single human being is just another number to be crunched and thrown into the enemies face
Based Based Based I love my Inclusive Imperium
>>
>>92739218
Yes my problem was you weren’t polite not that you’re a shitstirng jackass mad that the imperium is feudal kaleidoscopic shithole of different cultures from literal copy paste of irl ones to whatever the fuck is going on in Necromunda any day of the week. Talking about a fucking book from three years ago you didn’t even know existed until some other dickhead on Twitter told you to get mad about it
>>
>>92739145
go back to /pol/
>>
>>92738876
I have models. Those are 3rd editiom Thousand Sons bought in their respective time. You?
>>
>>92739145
>How would this even be allowed in lore?
Yeah they are all war orphans aren't they and the Ecclesiarchy isn't allowed to have men under arms so they only take in girls and even if they are transmen it would still be a violation as they were presenting as men.
>>
>>92736414
It has always been superhero capeshit.
>>
>>92739358
You do realize the author is telling you to your face that it’s the random imperial citizen not the sister of battle you illiterate dickhead? I understand you’re pretending to be retarded for a (You) but could you atleast pretend to read?
>>
>>92739388
Do you think anyone posting Twitter links can read? You’re asking for a lot
>>
File: IMG_20240412_211319.jpg (1.02 MB, 1897x1840)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>92736414
Don't ask me, I do orks
>>
God it's threads like this that make me lose faith in humanity.
>>
>>92739451
See >>92739338
Now remind me, who made it sexual first? If you stuff the eggs back in the chicken that does not make you god, just an asshole.
>>92739197
>>
File: IMG_20210422_100916.png (897 KB, 730x692)
897 KB
897 KB PNG
>>92739592
OP has to create the realities theyre mad at otherwise they won't exist. >>92738965
I haven't read any nulore, my mind is pure as the driven snow and yet I can't tell you much about Eye of Terror aside from..
>time is slow
>Horus is buttmad licking his wounds
>Abaddon armlessly travels around and makes problems
>Makes eye purple
Nid players best gang, none of your capeshit is important At All.
>>
>>92739042
Then you didn't talk to very many people or pay attention to online forums. Those places were full of people who constantly complained about the plot stagnating. Funny thing is, those same people then complained once the plot actually did move forward. That proves that grogs will never be happy or satisfied and, thus, their opinions should be disregarded. If you don't like it, tough shit. Either deal with it or leave the hobby. As GW so eloquently put it: You will not be missed.
>>
>>92739696
As one of those twats complainig about stagnancy back in the 2010s and only now that I'm a grown up I get the bigger picture, it's just new players not understanding there's decades spent 5 secs from midnight and that makes it FUN.
New players don't know fun yet, and we're so for serious now we can't get comfy and start having fun until no one is.
>>
>>92736414
Didn't the franchise blew up in popularity when it happened though?
>>
>>92736617
>I just fucking hate primarchs
>I hate white, genetically superior Ubermensch curbstomping alien aggressors and human degenerates
Not very 4channel of you
>>
>>92738091
The second post there was here:
>>92739864
>>
>>92739823
Honey, you just outed yourself as a newfag not understanding that OP can refer to other people than thread starter.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>92739924
why yes, this faggot is over 9000.
>>
This thread needs to die right now,
>>
>>92739957
It's tired anon. Can't we just talk about games and have fun? What's so wrong about that?
You complain so much your head is full of nothing but the words to articulate your fears, doubts, and insecurities. That must be exhausting.

Why not take a break from all that?
/tg/ goodness flickers in the breif light of self awareness; time is short.
>>
>>92739987
>female Grail Knights

Crossdressing lady knights have been a part of Bretonnian lore since fucking forever, anon.
>>
>>92740021
(You)
>>
File: Capture 099.png (1.19 MB, 765x1229)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>92737359
>"forget the promise of progress"
This anon gets. 40k before the Gathering Storm was a setting full of potential, the Imperium is vast and full of old shit nobody even knows it exists. So you can make your own Forge World or Chapter that is unique and pretty old, full of lore and flavour. Now everyone is a fucking tacticool primaris and Bobobutt Guerrila slaps everyone in the back to keep going while Cawl keep coming with his whacky inventions. 40k was old, dusty and creepy, the Imperium was oppressive by the sheer weight of it's age, it's was an old machine that could not be stopped (or would die), slowly moving toward the abyss. No winners, only despoilers.

Now we have the good guys under Readabout Guideman beating cartoon villains from Chaos™
>>
>>92740027
I thought that was just British "comedy" routines.
>>
>>92740036
See >>92738935 and >>92739060
Shut the fuck up, tourist. Stop pretending you know anything about 40k.
No, your cum stained codexes from 5th ed. do not count.
>>
>>92740065
>>92740069
So mad. Have you considered modifying the quality of your posts?
>>
>>92740069
These posts didn't address anything anon was saying. Are you perhaps illiterate?
>>
>>92736414
I wish every primarch was undeniably slain. They shouldn't be in 40k.
>>
>Completely ignore the people who hated this since day 1
The only people who enjoyed the changes were people jumping on because it was the latest edition of 40k.
>>
>>92738577
I don't think this hobby is for you.
>>
>>92738657
I don't think 40k is for you. Sorry fren, find another IP.
>>
>>92738680
Why does
>nobelbright
Bother you so much?
>>
>>92738660
I would like Cawl, if his tech had downsides. If there was some hints of corruption, be it chaotic or not. Just anything. But its literally just: Landraider, but better. Power Armor, but better. Marines, but better, Plasmaguns... etc.

Its the laziest and worst form of writing.
>>
>>92738546
>decimating the dark angels and their chapters

Do you think this will have any consequence? Their numbers will be fully recovered next big event, as if nothing ever happened.
Losses in 40k are always just numbers, armies are just the backdrop for two named characters to duel these days.
>>
>>92739016
My Templars are still chasing ghazkull after he fled from Armageddon.
>>
>>92739059
I smell a secondary. Tourists not welcome.
>>
>>92738576
It still can be like that, if you would just stop giving a fuck. Headcanon wins against nuGWs retardism every time.
>>
>>92739122
>Nooo you don't understand it's the grimmest and darkest it's ever been!!!!
Ok tourist.
>>
>>92739488
It's threads like this that make me giggle like a school girl.
>>
>>92739680
>my mind is pure as the driven snow
Amen brother.
>>
>>92739059
Die.

>>92739122
So rather than digging up the widely liked toys from all the HH Black Books and giving them out they have to introduce new retarded shit which doesn't fit the aesthetic? Maybe it wasn't about story it was about forcing power gamers to buy new minis to stay on top the meta. I find it funny faggots like you suddenly love corporations when they become social signaling factories rather than cold engines of profit run by competent white guys.
>>
>>92739696
>Those places were full of people who constantly complained about the plot stagnating.
Doubt. Nice attempt at gaslighting though 10/10. No one at my local game store wanted progression. We wanted more cool imperial armour books.
>>
>>92740027
Please source this.
>>
>>92741093
>Maybe it wasn't about story it was about forcing power gamers to buy new minis to stay on top the meta

That argument does not hold.
Do you think people would not have drooled over new loyal Space Marines, but with better poses and in the scale of the CSM update?

>Why should people buy new marines if they can play the old ones?
They did with CSM.

Are you implying those retarded hovertanks are guaranteed sellers, while FW-resin brought to plastic would not sell?

Nothing and nobody forced them (from a business point of view) to introduce Primaris MK10 armor and those new vehicles.
They wanted it.
>>
>>92741098
>>92739696
Nobody was complaining, it was a joke about the setting which started here and was recorded on 1d4chan. Retarded faggots read that wiki and because they are retarded couldn't understand the sarcasm.
>>
>>92740036
>40k before the Gathering Storm was a setting full of potential

And there is no reason why the setting should advance beyond this point.
You can simply go back on the timeline, and play battles during those times, completely ignoring anything that happened after.
>>
>>92741113
>implying that the mob has a clue who or what Slaanesh is
I don't normally call "tourist," but...

>>92741117
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Repanse_de_Lyonesse
Knights of the Grail talks about the lady knight phenomenon at more length.
>>
>>92741125
>That argument does not hold.
Shut the fuck up you brainless apologist. Yes truescale minis with better scuplts would have sold well. Maximus style helms would have wold well. But that wasn't enough for Gdubs, they made new overpowered rules for a faction and new vehicles models which required you to buy the truescale models in order to use them. How much did it increase sales? Perhaps as little as 15%, but that itself is the problem. They were willing to shit all over their own IP for 15% for a year or two at best. They are money grubbing faggots who deserve every ounce of derision heaped upon them. Fuck Geedubs.

>Nothing and nobody forced them
They are retarded tourneyfags, Geedubs has been miliking them for decades, they knew what would happen.
>>
>>92739255
>gender transition in the imperium
I hope this character was a Slaanesh cultist or this makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>92741156
>, they made new overpowered rules for a faction and new vehicles models which required you to buy the truescale models in order to use them. How much did it increase sales? Perhaps as little as 15%, but that itself is the problem. They were willing to shit all over their own IP for 15% for a year or two at best.

You still dont get it:
Sales numbers did not force them to use THOSE models, and THAT lore.
They could have used just regular marines, with better poses and better rules (explained by "improved geneseed") without any of the Primaris Garbage.
The new tanks could look awesome, but they decided to make them silly hovercrafts.

They could have achieved better sales numbers with super overpowered new marine vehicles and rules in general, but not make them look like garbage and fucking their lore, but they went that road, not because they care about business, but because they suck at writing and actually thought that this is cool stuff.
>>
>>92741193
>or how slight doctrinal differences in the imperial cult
You just answered your own question. The Imperium is very big, gender roles will differ from planet to planet, and not all of them will sperg out about trans people. The Ecclesiarchy's central body doesn't care about gender beyond exploiting a legal loophole.
>>
>>92740976
>James Swallow and Gram McNeil are massive libtards
And both are the worst writers on Black Library, and that's a feat. McNeill at least bash his head against the wall now and then and spit something decent like A Thousand Sons or those old Ultramarines books. Swallow never wrote a single decent thing at all, his HH books are a pain in the ass. As a Death Guard player I was truly in pain when reading The Buried Dagger. It was the only book by him I finished, and I skipped everything that was not DG related. Awful shit, he took 200 pages to show Mortarion's fall and did with less emotion than the fucking wiki's article.
>>
>>92741205
So our disagreement is whether the retardation/greed split is 70/30 or 30/70. I'm not sure which is worse, and either way they don't deserve the IP.
>>
File: 9thEditionGalaxyMap.jpg (193 KB, 1200x738)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>92736414
>destroys the entire grimdark atmosphere
The Imperium is losing harder than ever before before and the inevitable Chaos victory is still on track. Guilliman just gets to enjoy the ironic hell but managing his dead Father's bloated corpse state before its demise.
>>
>>92741142
>Crossdressing lady knights
So a single example of a Joan of arc inspired female knight is representative of an entire faction and not just a one off? Hell why don't we just say all the knights are women, they just all have to pretend to be men because reasons. Probably misogyny.
>>
File: ripped-shoreleave-2-r.jpg (220 KB, 1436x1080)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>92736414
Normies are retards who think they want a constantly moving story rather than a setting to make their OWN stories in.
>>
File: 1686481840147958.gif (979 KB, 220x258)
979 KB
979 KB GIF
>>92741219
The ecclesiarchy is openly in favor of killing mutants.

I think I'm just going to start quoting old 40K codexes whenever someone tries to convince me that trannies are accepted in the setting.
>We are at War with forces too terrible to comprehend. We cannot afford mercy for any of its victims too weak to take the correct course. Mercy destroys us; it weakens us and saps our resolve. Put aside all such thoughts. They are not worthy of Inquisitors in the service of Our Emperor. Praise His name for in our resolve we only reflect his purpose of will.
>>
>>92741257
Something something Jews, right?

>>92741260
You know, this is 4chan. You don't need the pretense, you can literally just say that you don't want women to be in your faction instead of breaking your arm with the reaching.
>>
>>92741284
The Imperium also has no objection to augmentation, be it cybernetic, surgical, or pharmaceutical.
>>
>>92741276
>to make their OWN stories in.

The average person fucking sucks at this.
>>
>>92741313
>Though Mankind is at the brink of this great apotheosis, you must be ever vigilant for the stillborn harbingers of this change. Where you seek the pure and strong, there too will you find the impure and weak. Where you find but one worthy of life, you will also find a million twisted, deformed monstrosities for whom death by your hand is a mercy. Therefore, look first for the mutant, for he may never hide his sin from you, and in his midst there will be revealed to you that which you seek. But be ever vigilant, for even should you find one with the gift, only one in a thousand psykers will be strong enough to resist the perils of the Empyrean and be allowed to live.
>>
>>92741098
>My small circle of friends is indictive of the wider community.

This is why people more educated than you tell you not to trust your personal experience more than aggregated data. Your personal experience is extremely limited and doesn't give you the full picture.
>>
>>92736617
Horus Heresy expansion was a mistake. It should have remained a mysterious backdrop for 40k. The name coupled with the context in which you hear it tells you everything you need to appreciate its role in the overall story and leaves enough open to interpretation to get the reader's imagination going. Nothing more was needed. Just like Dune should have never had a book written about the Butlerian Jihad.
>>
>>92741398
So the various and sundry nobles who suck up juvenat treatments like lemonade don't exist, now?
>>
>>92741318
>as if the hyphen in his name didn't condemn him at birth.
kek
>>
>>92741502
You aren't fucking with anybody because your rhetoric is weak and transparent.
>>
>>92736414
idk the cinematic with him completely reinforced the grimdark atmosphere, with ultramarines fighting and dying in a hopeless struggle against nids while he narrated what was going on in the imperium.
>>
>>92741398
The Ecclisiarchy would actually have motivations to encourage male to female transitions because that would potentially give them a larger number of soldiers to draw from since they aren't allowed to have "men under arms"
>>
>>92738498
>rift war
Nothingburger
>vigils
Nothingburger
>nachmund gauntlet
Nothingburger
>shadow spear
Nothingburger
any of the events surrounding the psychic awakening
Complete fucking nothingburger
>>
>>92741572
You don't believe that. Also they already cheat with the Frateris, "These aren't our men under arms they're just faithful imperial citizens acting out their own spiritual convictions. We don't command them directly: we just supply them, transport them, and train their leaders, honest planetary governor."

Eat shit.
>>
>>92741093
>introduce new retarded shit which doesn't fit the aesthetic?
Other than your gaping asshole source? Are you really about to fucking sit here and tell me the imperium has a singular design aesthetic and not a kitchen sink of numerous ones? When are we going to stop pretending that the model company only just started to want to sell models and never had that as a plan from the beginning as you know, a model company
>>
>>92741168
It makes no sense to you because your understanding of the imperium is that of a retard
>>
>>92741632
>I can’t believe GW didn’t do this thing
>Have you heard about the seventeen times they did thing
>yeah it didn’t count I can’t believe they don’t do thing
I love talking to people who don’t like 40k but refuse to stop being obsessed with it
>>
>>92741632
>I don’t know what happened so I’ll just say nothing happened
Based
>>
>>92739901
It literally means Original Poster and it's exclusively for the Opening Post. Stop pretending to be acclimated, this shit is embarrassing.
>>
File: pic876228.jpg (76 KB, 506x500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>92738498
>>92741758
The Imperial Armor successor is the Horus Heresy campaign books (black books, Siege of Cthonia, and the recent Beta-Garmon).
Sales wise I imagine the big boy marine legions were easier to sell to the resin whales than Guard Regiment+random Xenos that made up the Imperial Armor releases which is why IA got dropped, along with FW becoming the Specialist games dumping ground.

Not that it matters because the people that parrot these talking points have a hateboner for HH too.
>>
>>92736482
>he doesnt know
>>
>>92736414
People are horrible. Metaplot is unecessary--there's plenty of stories to tell and wars to fight inside of the existing setting without changing the status quo. Primarchs should've remained mysterious demigods and 30k as a whole was a huge mistake. The more you explain the cool mysterious ancient golden age the less cool and mysterious it becomes. Just having the Horus Heresy stuff was bad enough, but bringing the primarchs into 40k drives my grog brain absolutely crazy. I don't care if I'm an old man yelling at clouds I do not like it one bit.
>>
>>92742006
I love how everytime one of you faggots absolutely insist the imperium is 100 times more incompetent and resource deprived than it actually is you also insist that the imperium is a blank slate and every single sector and planet is experiencing the same circumstances despite campaigns, novels, side games, books, short stories, video games, codexes, white dwarves and RPGs go out the way to show you how varied and bizarre the cultures and the prosperity of sectors are but nope fuck it the imperium is one billion planets and 999,999 of those planets just so happen to be the stereotypical understanding of fucking Krueger. It’s also pretty cute how you blatantly ignore how the imperial guard codex stresses the combined arms and tactics of the guard and that your “hurrr durr charge charge charge” is only one of the strategies they use and by no means the fucking standard. Stick to your YouTube videos and half remembered lore from 10 years ago
>>
File: 1494999858856.gif (3.84 MB, 204x204)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB GIF
>>92737040
Yeah, it's great! Imagine at this time next year the entire plot of 40k could finally be resolved and we can play something else! Did you know the next D&D is going to let you lease rules instead of buying them? Now that's what I call progress! I bet I can lease loads of them once my NFT's take off!
>>
>grognard opinions
poo poo pee pee
>>
>>92741797
As in the one that started a subtopic within a thread, obvious samefag.
>>
>>92742177
You are the dumbest poster on this board. Until you started posting I thought it was an intense competition but no one else comes close to you.
>>
>>92742177
Literally no anon has ever used OP in this manner on 4chan.
>>
>>92742203
Why would any galactic voice give two shits about something so meaningless and ephemeral as your weak human flesh?
You ascribe far too much value altogether to gender, you want it to have meaning irl but this is a game and a far future verse
Your average warfront citizenlike you describe with the corpsetarch life is very likely completely infertile anyway, if they change the body it doesn't always impact the work those people do.
Let's go weird and say, if you're a breeder tithe and you don't want to be that gender then fine but here's your rifle and go see the Medicae before you go to have your reproductive organs removed.
Everything can be just as awful for the other guy, it's not all sunshine and ..
>>
>>92741405
astroturfing trash. why do you people need to wreck everything you can.
>>
File: IveSeenThings.jpg (174 KB, 823x783)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>92742259
>>92742218
You've never seen threads like multiple fires going and blazing at once and op is a baton passed to whomever multiple people are replying to at once.
See my feilds and k ow that in them there used to be hilarious times where an op getting their thread hijacked by whichever guy's replies were fast enough.
Op is not a sacred title. Calling someone 'OP' was a way to call them a massive faggot because that's what OP is, and letting them figure it out is part of every post.
Why you think those greentexts don't hold up?
>>
File: 1591134980824.jpg (45 KB, 500x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>92742114
>It’s also pretty cute how you blatantly ignore how the imperial guard codex stresses the combined arms and tactics of the guard and that your “hurrr durr charge charge charge”
I hate secondaries so much it's unreal.
REGULAR IMPERIAL CITIZENS live in a total state of squalor. Worse than the dirtiest places in India. The few that do manage to survive to adulthood send their kids off-planet with the Imperial guard, in the hopes that they don't fucking die to pollution, and whose usefulness is like tissue paper.
The argument that the fucking Imperium would waste medical resources on cosmetic surgeries on ordinary guardsmen, let alone citizens, is so unbelievably stupid that it proves you know nothing about the setting.
And to be fair, there is actually a time and place in the setting where sex transitions could occur for Imperial citizens. But you're such a fucking tourist that you wouldn't even be able to tell me where those things happen. Hint: it's not on Terra, and it's not for regular imperial citizens.
Lurk before posting.
>>
>>92742517
Hey, if you have the creds and know a guy, you can get anything in the underhive. Whether or not you leave the way you expected, eh
There's risks and consequences to everything, people always want what they don't have.
Obviously you lack a lot in imagination so you know only know what you know, but at least you know it really well.
>>
>>92737017
why? Marvel is pure fucking slop
>>
Reminder to download 4chan X so you can see all the posts troon jannies delete.
>>
>>92742701
I mean, evidently transitions are canon or else you wouldn't be whining this much.
>>
>>92742721
Yep. Nobles that are corrupt and fallen to slaanesh. Not ordinary guardsmen.
I guess you could move the goalposts by implying that literally anything is possible in a fictional setting again. But superimposing your own view of 40K isn't going to satisfy your crippling narcissistic personality disorder, so I'm not sure why you care about the lore at all.
>>
>>92742916
Yelling at the mirror again?
>>
>>92742504
Professionals call what you're doing "word salad" and it's unironically a symptom of schizophrenia.
>>
>>92742517
I'm looking in my rules manual and my DH books and it looks like none of that shit you said is true. Weird.
>>
>>92742721
>>92742933
what does your loser cd fetish have to do with my wargame again? be specific and show your work darling~
>>
>>92742517
>Lurk before posting.
oh the ironing. the pottery
>>
>>92742114
>>92742721
>>92742933
no really how is your shit any different from furries wanting furry guardsmen kek
>it... it technically COULD exist... warhammer is so big...
LOL
>>
File: firefox_M1GMLuvsGz.jpg (132 KB, 815x1008)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
being a 40kchad is kind of like being a white man in the clownworld. You're utterly based, your successful as fuck despite all your competition praying night and day for your downfall, people call you a racist fascist genocidal colonizer and you just reply "yes" with a massive shit eating grin, and your mere existence makes people seethe with an uncontrollable rage kek. stay mad faggot, I'm gonna keep painting my Black Templars while you cry.
>>
>>92736438
fpbp
>>
>>92736753
>Isn't this kind of an investor driven thing
yes, its trend chasing, extremely late trend chasing. No one has been able to copy the success of the Avengers movies, but they are willing to run existing IPs through the shredder to try. Bongs being bongs, they are trying to do it way too late, anyway.
>>
>>92736414
star wars fans>40k cucks
>>
>>92743078
ok,redditor
>>
>>92736617
Ain't one of the big plot points of the new editions how he didn't really save everyone and now a big ass Tyrranid fleet is killing everyone again?
>>
>>92738304
>Primarchs are shitty because if you put 20 chapter masters in a room with 1 primarch you'd expect the chapter masters to be basically disposable chaff. If they fought each other, the primarch would at most take a superficial cut. If they fought together, you'd expect the primarch to be doing 80% of the work.
Guilliman got jumped by a squad of Alpha Legion assassins with his armour off. He nearly died.
>>
>>92741420
>It should have remained a mysterious backdrop for 40k.
What's actually mysterious in the old HH fluff in the Realm of Chaos and Adeptus Titanicus era books?
>>
>>92738781
>>92738763
>>92738843
All throughout the Lion's novel he is complaining that he feels old and slow. He is - literally - the only one in the entire book who thinks he he is slow. To everybody else, including Dark Angels who saw him in his prime, he is the same ball of murder death kill that he always was. Primarchs are beings of the Warp, him feeling slower and older is just because he psychologically believes he is.
>>
>>92739060
The great joke is that he was right. Guilliman did chain his future to 40k, he did try to learn more about this era rather than his, he did abandon Imperial Truth of his time for Ecclesiarchy of his new one.
>>
>>92743078
Ultras > Templars
Cadians > Everyone else
Simple facts of life. You're not white if you're not a Guilliman-man. Shit, Black Templars are literally crypto-Chaos marines.
>>
>>92737125
Power creep and new stakes are inherently good things. If you don't like it, you can literally still play prior to the time jump. No one is stopping you from doing this. If you want to tell your same old boring stories, you can go for it.
>>92737944
They should go farther. Guilliman should crown himself Emperor of Mankind and the Imperium should splinter into Guilliman's pragmatic Imperium, and a Custodes-SoB-Ecclesiarchy-ran Old Imperium.
>>
before they added primarchs, i was always of the opinion Leman Russ would be the first and maybe only Primarch to return
But his arrival is supposed to indicate the End times of 40k so...
>>
>>92736414
>this fag doesnt realize that rowboat girlyman pre-heresy was the shonen anime theme park hero of noblebright.
even my gay uncle is repelled by OP's faggotry
>>
>>92736597
D-D-DDDDD-D-DI-I-I-ID...

Y-Y-Y-YYOU

JJJJJJJJJJUST

ASSUME XER GENDER?
>>
>>92736414
>>destroys the entire grimdark atmosphere, replacing it with superhero capeshit
Good, "grimdark" is for 14 year olds and redditors. Most of /mydudes/ are good guys or relatively neutral and have been for the past 20 years. Cry about it.
With that said, I do hate the primarchs.
>>
>>92743971
thats right, mature people love colourful calarts noble gay
>>
>>92737021
I disagree, I think it is an older generation opinion. I started in 4th and it was very much a vibe that chaos was super dangerous. It was humanity holding out against the horrors of the galaxy. The primarchs all being dead or lost gave even more of a hopeless feel.

The new generation of primarchs returning is very much super hero esque, it has been great for GW and the younger fans absolutely love it. Every younger guy I play against has either of the two loyalist primarchs in their lists.

I'll personally stick with the grimdark older feels but dont let that stop you from enjoying the hobby. Its all my own head canon anyway ;)
>>
>>92744026
Primarchs were hinted at returning since 2nd
>>
>>92744043
Yes, and?
They could have kept it that way. Hints.
>>
>>92744210
But they ultimately decided not to. A good choice, I would say. Just play the boring earlier editions if you like to wank off to depression porn.
>>
>>92744210
I mean Guilliman's hint was very strongly HES REGENERATING
>>
grimdark wh40k has problems, but idk how you could look at a 40k gutted of it's grimdarkness and think it made a good basis for... I don't know, more 'tonally neutral' heroic sci-fi. why? it really lacks identity or direction. you're left with a bunch of 'lore' (bleh). bit brainless imo
>>
File: wont ship to the usa.png (1.55 MB, 1208x840)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>92736414
they will keep spinning the dials of model rules, fluff, cheese and model design/supply choices to make you spend money forever

Keep on paying that ole queen tax, it can be made, packaged and never seen a part of england yet you will pay that extra pence for it

>I talked to them via Email, they WONT ship to the USA for the cheaper price items they supply by contract/request of GW itself

Nah brah, never GW. Buy their competitorshit and download their rules.
>>
>>92744323
i dont know how people can look at 40k and say its too grimdark.
On a scale of 1-10 its like 1. Its very mild, thers much more grimdark settings
>>
>>92744323
Its still pretty grey, though. The Imperium is a feudal shithole of a dictatorship, but its still the best hope for the Galaxy. Its the kind of grey we had back in the 2000s, when things were good. Back before supporting a fictional dictatorship made you into a Nazi.

Guilliman is making deals with creepy guys like Cawl, hanging around Dark Eldar, but he's still a good guy compared to the guys like Abaddon. There's something intriguing about a protagonist that isn't a cookie-cutter muh democracy good guy.
>>
>>92743699

Anon, that would require them to acknowledge the personality flaws that could have made gulliman slightly interesting, it'll never happen.

Just like how being the posterboy "generic" marines means ultras barely get to explore their rome aesthetic.
>>
>>92744407
Yeah, instead of trying to do this halfway bullshit, they should just make 41k expansion back where Guilliman and his Ultras just take over. The grogs will bitch no matter what GW does. So while they pander to people who don't even buy their shit with fem Custodes, they could actually make something interesting. But you're right in that they're just too fucking stupid.
>>
>>92744357
1? it's a 1 for you? I'd love to know what a 5 or 10 is for you lol.
I mean, I imagine 'grimdark' is a later characterisation of 40k and not the defining idea - I know some settings learn much harder on shock value and darkness. but it's still a setting where cosmically, humanity is fucked and the sheer inertia of the shitty situation is basically impossible to shift.
>>92744370
eh. grey? it's pretty morally nihilist. I wouldn't say the imperium are the bad guys, but I wouldn't necessarily say they even have meaningful moral decisions much of the time either.
>not a cookie cutter muh democracy
one step above the most empty moralistic characterisation? I'd say 40k treats well-intentioned extremists as basically heroes anyway. I think you're setting the bar kind of low, or not explaining very well why you like him. having a clear head and not being a sadistic hedonist together make you a saint in 40k. 'better than pure evil' isn't really morally interesting. the part that might be interesting is how he as a person functions, and how he navigates his allies etc. it's just not morally interesting yk lol
>>
>>92744522
Berserk off the top of my head is far more grim dark, i know ive read worse but i must have wiped them from my mind.
>>
>>92744547
Berserk isn't grimdark, it's just (very) normal dark with some edge. Grimdark implies total hopelessness.
>>
>>92744605
you are just trolling now, of course Berserk is grim dark
Berserk is total hopelessness and another example is Kingdom Death inspired by Berserk.
Both way more grim dark than 40k
>>
>>92744522
>eh. grey? it's pretty morally nihilist. I wouldn't say the imperium are the bad guys, but I wouldn't necessarily say they even have meaningful moral decisions much of the time either.
They do what they do in the context of being in a very hard place. There's retards in the High Lords of Terra that make dumb fucking decision after decision, because it benefits them to stay where they are. But not everyone is like that. Guilliman very clearly wants a human-only dictatorship to reign over the Galaxy, BUT, he's smart about it. He doesn't buy into some long-dead deity as his guiding principle, but he's also not a fucking pussy that wants to bring in space democracy.

Compared to every other setting right now, "better than pure evil BUT not a saturday morning cartoon good guy protagonist" IS interesting.
>>
>>92744616
>Berserk is total hopelessness
No it isn't. You might sincerely be illiterate if that's the theme you picked up while reading it.
>>
>>92744323
>40k gutted of it's grimdarkness
Love how people assert this with no proof
>>
>>92745158
what kind of proof would you accept?
a Reuters article? Mathematical proof?
>>
>>92744616
>Berserk is total hopelessness
NTA but it may sound grimdark because you, the reader, and the MC know the bounds of evil that permeate that world. Tons of people live just fine in Berserk, see things like the fairy island, the witch in the woods or simply Godot (the blacksmith) and Erica, living their simple lives in a shack. In 40k no one is left by themselves, everyone is part of the machine, everyone is toiling till death. There are nobles yes, but those are less than 1% in a galaxy of trillions, and even the nobles must obey the rules or be purged. Also, magic in Berserk has positive aspects while in 40k everything comes from the Warp and no matter your intentions you will end up corrupted.
>>
>>92745703
How about any of the published works that we constantly have an easy acces to download for free wait that’s too much work I’ll just take your schizophrenic ramblings as truth
>>
>>92745707
nta but grimdark is oppressive darkness, right? the struggle is futile. horror which teaches people and inspires them to change isn't grimdark. grimdark is the world interpreted through the omnipresence and ascendance of it's worst aspects.
it's as much a tonal/genre thing as anything I think. a small-stakes story in the 40k universe could be hopeful, but as soon as you tie it back to the broader setting, it becomes meaningless and possibly counterproductive.
>>
The Imperium has gone from a faction of backwards cultists worshipping the literal corpse of their golden age to generic space humanity. They have super human leaders who are fixing everything, they have technological progression, hell they even have total sexual liberty now. The Imperium has gone from something backwards to something that literally is just "things are bad because of THE EVIL ALIENS"
>>
>>92745789
>The Imperium has gone from a faction of backwards cultists worshipping the literal corpse of their golden age to generic space humanity.
Source? I didn’t know the god emperor stepped off the throne and the imperium isn’t hyper zealous anymore can’t believe they squatted the sisters and templars too

>They have super human leaders who are fixing everything
Name one thing Gorillaman fixed the biggest thing he did was create the logos Verita and they’ve done literally nothing but get into a war with the inquisition over history

>they have technological progression
I like how nobody said this as the iron hands existed, the dark angels got their own ability to manufacture and customize terminators, or when the blood angels developed their own librarian dreads. By the way what civil progression happened? Did communications improve? Space travel? Manufacturing?

>hell they even have total sexual liberty now.
I love when I get my lore from Twitter and there wasn’t two different main character in two different books who had catholic levels of guilt for being too dedicated to war and not having kids

I genuinely don’t understand why you faggots keep making shit up instead of growing up and moving on like a mature adult
>>
File: 40k-2nd-edition-box.jpg (283 KB, 800x541)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>92736414
40k has always been trend chasing normie capeshit anon, wtf are you talking about.

When it first dropped in the 1980s it was bright and goofy because that's what capeshit was at the time.

As the 1990s drew on it became le serious grimderp because that's what capeshit was at the time.

By the 2010s grimdark was losing ground to Marvelshit which was still dark but only aesthetically.

In the 2020s everything is swinging back to more cartoonish faux noblebright and lo and behold 40k is following right along.

This franchise has never been anything more than trend chasing normieshit designed specifically to appeal to as many retarded nerds as possible in order to get them to spend thousands of dollars on .03¢ worth of plastic. Anyone who cared about 40k beyond the painting and playing aspect is a fool and they deserve all the stress associated with watching their capitalist corporation shift to appeal to what normies now want. Fucking lol@(You) for thinking GW was anything more than boomers shaking you down through carefully crafted mass market appeal.
>>
>>92745789
I don't think the imperium was ever remotely unified, but industrial-ecclesiarchal cultists barely keeping it together, esp. with the John Blanche visuals, was always the imperium to me. I'm not a fan of space Marines as the 'good guys' but I can't deny they've been depicted as such for a long time now.

idk if this should bother me or not, but 40k sets up a lot of tensions it has no intent to try to answer; could humanity have ended up any other way? if most humans are trapped in the machine, who's driving?
but oh wait nvm, the status quo has moved forward. it doesn't matter, we're going with whatever seems cool or profitable. I'm not sure 'realism' matters in progressing the story, but it also doesn't seem like there's... any consistent logic at all.
what's Warhammer even about? it's about aesthetics imo, but the direction they've gone aesthetically is pretty boring to me.
>>
>>92743078
oink-oink
>>
>>92745843
>In the 2020s everything is swinging back to more cartoonish faux noblebright and lo and behold 40k is following right along.
You niggers really just say whatever the fuck you want and hope it sticks don’t you
>>
>>92745868
>but oh wait nvm, the status quo has moved forward. it doesn't matter
Considering it’s a war game designed to sell toys and not literature it literally never mattered. On top of the idea that you can only explore the denigration of humanity through a status quo, which is still maintained by the way despite the imperium being in the worst state it’s ever been in, is baffling

> I'm not sure 'realism' matters in progressing the story
?????

> but it also doesn't seem like there's... any consistent logic at all.
How not
>>
>>92745823
Easy! Guilliman spawned an entire new space marine crusade force that went across the galaxy and stopped the Imperium from collapsing and is now going around putting out fires like its no big deal.

Also how could they be a backward cult if they're led by a guy who knows the truth? Gulliman's stories show, at best, the ecclesiarchy being tolerated. No longer is their power unchecked, they're a meme compared to epic super hero primarchs!

Being able to customize existing technology is not the same as outputting entirely new, centuries more advanced technology.

What lore from twitter? Guard boxes now come with female heads, 50%+ of human characters released are female now.

I genuinely don't know why you plug your ears and scream like a little retard while the setting gets sanitized and made more boring by the minute, for FREE!
>>92745868
Warhammer was about the death throes of an ancient human empire as you watched it spasm and torture its own people in its attempts to keep itself alive. Now its about power armor super-super-super soldiers from the popular Horus Heresy spinoff novels having duels and witty banter.
>>
>>92745875
we should ask more from our discussion. yet we're on this board
>>
>>92745901
> Easy! Guilliman spawned an entire new space marine crusade force
And half of Terra rebelled and was turned into a shit torn wasteland when half the high lords threw a shit storm over him

>that went across the galaxy and stopped the Imperium from collapsing
Yes literally the only thing they’re doing

>and is now going around putting out fires like its no big deal.
No if you paid any attention to any of the arks of omens books or any of the dawn of fire series both bend over backwards to let you know the crusade been ran out of steam and is running on sheer cope and duct tape.

>Also how could they be a backward cult if they're led by a guy who knows the truth?
You mean the guy who explicitly goes out his way to go along with the retarded religion so he doesn’t start another Horus heresy because he sees how deeply entrenched the imperial cult is?

>stories show, at best, the ecclesiarchy being tolerated. No longer is their power unchecked, they're a meme compared to epic super hero primarchs!
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Being able to customize existing technology is not the same as outputting entirely new, centuries more advanced technology.
>innovation isn’t innovation unless I say so.
What’s innovative about a bolter that shoots farther? You know Iron Hands shit those out like nothing? Or efficient plasma? What centuries of innovation happened? The two whole extra organs in space marines that literally never come up?

> What lore from twitter? Guard boxes now come with female heads, 50%+ of human characters released are female now.
I also can’t believe the imperium doesn’t discriminate and treats every single human like garbage to be used to choke the enemy to death. I’m so mad that the imperium doesn’t give preferential treatment to women and kids and instead also force them to die and suffer in the trenches. This is so fucking bullshit and not grimdark at all.
>>
It's interesting to see people trying to imply that the fanbase mostly feels one way or the other about nü-40K when this very thread is evidence that it is still controversial. Looks like some people need a reminder that even fans of the HH novels will tell you that some of the books are just not written very well.
>>
File: 2010s vs 2020s.png (1.19 MB, 1200x676)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>92745843
>Marvelshit which was still dark but only aesthetically.
>In the 2020s everything is swinging back to more cartoonish faux noblebright
>>
>>92746121
All I see from this thread is people who haven’t actually read anything 40k in a decade
>>
>>92745936
Anon, don't argue with twitt-, er, X faggots.
>>
>>92746130
With ADB in charge of Black Library it's hard to blame them.
>>
>>92746177
I do blame people for not reading stuff but having incredibly strong opinions on what’s in it
>>
>>92736414
There' are fans of 40k and then there are fans of GW and the idea of 40k. The former hated primaris and capeshit 40k, the latter love everything GW shits out.
>>
>>92737004
>It only matters what GW thinks
It's wild to me that there are people like this that treat a corporation as their master.
>>
>>92745936
And the rebellion was put down because the lame high lords are nothing compared to epic gulliman!

>The only thing they're doing
Winning? Everywhere? The only thing?

>T-the crusade ran out of steam!
Is this the same kind of cope as "The Imperium lost half its territory!" When they still easily travel to the dark side of the imperium easily and have an entire sub government set up to handle it?

>the guy who goes along with it
Yes, as a farce. The imperium isn't run by these people anymore, the literal Regent of the Imperium isn't a cultist and is actively avoiding strengthening the imperial cult

>DUDE what is getting advanced anyway LOL
Blackstone shit, an entire marine arsenal that is better than all the existing marine stuff, are you retarded? I am extremely confused at how someone could be so mind numbingly retarded they don't notice how the Imperium has entire new model lines of vastly more advanced weapons and soldiers.

>DUDE ITS SO GRIMDARK THAT WOMEN FIGHT AND DIE IN LE EPIC BATTLES TOO
Again on the retarded thing, gender equality is SO FRIGGIN GRIMDARK!!! Do you get ALL of your opinions from post-2015 1d4chan?
>>
>>92743503
Thank you alot elaborating. Guess he's just feeling tired after sleepmurdering things in warp for all those millenia.
>>
>>92738219
The daemon primarchs getting models made sense, most of them have always been active in the fluff and it made sense thematically: the crowning glory of the past imperium corrupted and eternally haunting the imperium, being a grim painful reminder of the emperor a mankind's mistakes.

The loyalist primarchs coming back was a massive mistake. It should have fallen upon the later (40k) generations to try to defeat the sins of the past.
>>
>>92746255
This, when I read the new Guilliman books that were coming out I knew the ship has sailed
>Sure the Imperium is now run by a super-duper human monarch who is known for being the smartest, so smart he ran the nicest and best sub empire of all time. And sure this monarch spawned a free army of super advanced soldiers, more advanced than the imperium has had access to in millenia. And sure every single problem the monarch faces is near instantly crushed with little resistance.
>BUT HE IS LE SAD!!!! SO GRIMDARK!!!!
>>
>>92738306
>skeletons
>not zero
You couldn't have done a worse job at selling anyone those factions.
>>
>>92736414
doesn't the Imperium still get fucked a dozen ways in every proverbial orifice?
>>
>>92745936
>What centuries of innovation happened?
Im not sure how anyone can look at primaris hovertanks and ask "what innovation?"
>>
>>92746302
the rebellion was put down because the high lord’s of assassins isn’t retarded enough to kill a fucking primarch when he can be absorbed and have his spirit crushed by the slow unchanging uncaring reform resistant imperium

>Winning? Everywhere? The only thing?
Stabilizing the imperium retard did you forget your own argument?

> When they still easily travel to the dark side of the imperium easily and have an entire sub government set up to handle it?
So you actually have less than zero idea about what’s going on in Nihlus. Nice

>Yes, as a farce. The imperium isn't run by these people anymore, the literal Regent of the Imperium isn't a cultist and is actively avoiding strengthening the imperial cult
Bro what the fuck are you talking about the same ecclesiarchy that literally anointed his space marine chapter master as a literal living saint? Seriously what the fuck are you talking about

>Blackstone shit
You mean the shit that was already on several planets doing absolutely nothing? And then they started taking them and doing stuff with them? The same black stone that Cawl literally had to convene a political summit to do anything of note with? And had to argue with his own followers that it’s a good idea and not heresy?

>marine arsenal that is better than all the existing marine stuff
Oh wait so it’s innovation to turn a 1 into a 2 and that 2 operates in the exact same manner as the 1 but all the innovations the first founders pulled straight out of their ass with in house manufacturing and development to create entirely new ways of warfare isn’t got it.

> Imperium has entire new model lines of vastly more advanced weapons and soldiers.
Is that why Primaris marines keep getting embarrassed in novels when they fight actual chaos space marines? Is that why Intercessors are nearly about as effective as tactical squads if not worse depending on the list? Good to know the imperium is just space marines and nothing else
>>
>>92743911
>But his arrival is supposed to indicate the End times of 40k so...
We've been in The End Times since Gathering Storm anon. It was a change in direction from being a 2 minutes to midnight setting to having the clock actually strike midnight.
>>
>>92746330
Yet somehow every single aspect of life in the imperium is worse than it was before he existed curious how reality doesn’t conform to your reductive meme
>>
>>92746391
Because I’m not a lorelet and can look at the skorpius as a superior tech considering the tank isn’t even fucking grav and operates exactly the same way any other tank would?
>>
>>92746405
How?
>>
>>92744043
>>92744270
The myths of the Loyalist Primarchs returning was probably intended to be a king asleep in mountain motif spread in the medieval and superstitious Imperium.
When written it probably wasn't really intended to happen, just there to show how the people of the Imperium believe their dire situation will be saved by the old heroes of myth returning.
Of course now we have Loyalist Primarchs returning and they still aren't able to reverse the course of the Imperium's collapse so lmao.

Also god-aligned Daemon Primarchs "returned" in the 90's with their Epic models but they were always stated to be active somewhere in the Warp or Eye of Terror. They could pop up anywhere and be banished just as quickly.
>>
>>92746395
Yes they are stablizing the Imperium, having a magic summoned army that fixes all problems isnt grimdark

Enlighten me on the Nihilus

>DUDE THE ECCLESIARCHY STILL EXISTS
You have failed to understand anything I've ever typed to your thick retard monkey brain. They aren't in charge in any way any more, they are tolerated like a bunch of retarded animals. I will spell it out for you
NOT IN CHARGE = / = NO LONGER EXISTS
If your backwards cult is no longer in charge and running things, then the Imperium itself is not longer run by a backwads cult

>Dude, dude, all the tech stuff does't matter I promise dude, it like loses sometimes
Technological and scientific regression was once part of the setting, now it isn't! That isn't grimdark
>>
>>92746493
>They still aren't able to reverse the course of the Imperium's collapse
How? They've pushed forward science, decreased the influence of the Imperial cult, increased the military might many times, and even retained the half of the imperium which should be, by all accounts, completely collapsed at this point. Every new primarch just brings more and more good news. I wouldn't be suprised if the next Primarch goes off and stalls the Tyranids all by themselves
>>
>>92746531
Go read the other posts bodying you on these exact points I'm not repeating shit they already said.
>>
>>92746552
>bodying
You mean just saying "nuh uh it's actually darker now" without providing any sort of example?
>>
>>92743012
They do. They are called Felinids. Beastmen can also serve in the guard.
>>
>>92746465
Let’s see
>Astronimicon is still fucked and almost broken
>Travel is ultra fucked even one jump to the closest system to you is a suicide run
>Communication is super fucked
>Calling for help is almost pointless and more likely to result in a demon tearing his way out of your Astropath
>Religion across the sectors are devolving or going into hyperdrive because of the great rift sending people insane and warp visions
>demons are no longer a secret anywhere
>demons literally just start spawning on planets because of the rift
>Psyker mutations are increasing exponentially and not stopping
>The Psyker tithe is ducked because of the great rift and chaos explicitly taking the opportunity to steal them
>Alpha Grade Psykers are more common and not being taken to Terra
>Astropaths are dying faster than they can be replaced on average
>Mutations and the purges to deal with them are killing hives and their labor population
>Supply Lines are fucked even stable routes have a less than 50% chance to fuck you in the soul
>everytime a stable route is found in the imperium it becomes a 8 way free for all between every faction in the game
>The imperium lost three of those wars by the way, vigilus is barely in their hands
>Forge worlds have their economies crippled because of the rift shitting out scrap code and corrupting entire forges requiring reclamation fleets to be sent
>nobody knows the high lords of mars is fucking dead yet by the way
>The imperium is cut in half
>Everything here is 50 times worse in Imperium Nihlus and a stable route in and out of it is still almost a myth
>the indomitus crusade fleets cause as much problems as they fix if not more problems between stripping planets empty of people and literally anything that can be put on a ship or used to fix it
>Crusade fleets are leaving dead and rebelling worlds in their wake because of that causing them to weaken themselves further to turn around and deal with planets they just “saved”
>>
>>92746516
>having a magic summoned army that fixes all problems isnt grimdark
Is that why the war zones they leave are barely stable? Is that why the necrons are fucking the imperium and Admech in the pariah nexus? Is that why the Fourth Tyrannical War is going so fucking poorly? Is that why Abaddon managed to accomplish all his goals during the ark of omens? Is that why Angron tarded out so hard that it cases an entire what 1/4th of the crusade to fall instantky to Khorne? Is that why Gorillaman is currently threatening Cael’s life and what political safety he has under him if he does not give him 100,000 more space marines to reinforce his crusade that is currently stalling and dying? You wouldn’t know grimdark if we had several archives full of new novels and campaign showing you all this shit for free sitting on this board

>They aren't in charge in any way any more
>source: Dude Trust Me
>they are tolerated like a bunch of retarded animals.
>source: dude I promise you I know what I’m talking about please you have to believe me I’m not schizophrenic!

>If your backwards cult is no longer in charge and running things, then the Imperium itself is not longer run by a backwads cult
I’m really interested in the 40k setting /tg/ keeps home brewing in these threads I would love to run a session in which the imperial truth is the modern religion sounds interested. Unfortunately GW keeps publishing these books, and campaigns, and white dwarf articles, and codexes that say the imperium is still a religious hell hole :(

Can I play in your 40k setting Anon? Please?
>>
>>92745785
>horror which teaches people and inspires them to change isn't grimdark
Basically. Guts suffered a lot but is still struggling, became powerful, healed wounds and made a ton of great friends. We don't know how it will end (since the guy that took over Miura is so loyal to his style that he already went into a hiatus) but unless the God Hand/Griffith wins in the most devstating way I can't see how Berserk can be grimdark. Until the Gathering Storm there was no change in 40k, the whole setting was slowly rotting away, but now I don't know.
>>
>>92746581
Your points are valide but the atmosphere changed. Things are worse but there is hope, we got two Primarchs back, Cawl made a billion new Marines, no one feels like the Imperium is fucked, the overall tone is that they are finally fighting back.
>>
>>92747126
>but the atmosphere changed
The atmosphere is worse why won’t any of you actually open a book. Literally no one is happy no one is excited no one is hopeful nothing good is happening anywhere in the imperium. Everything is fucked everybody is fucked like how is the setting going overboard at risk of any form of verisimilitude to 40k just to bend over backwards to tell you
>if only you knew how bad things really were

https://youtu.be/KyxyQ0tixFk?si=ksCDxL08JHkQudAC
How could you read any book released and think things are good or the atmosphere is positive how could you watch this and listen to Guiliman damn near start crying about how the imperium is coping while Tyranids rape the imperium and think this. I don’t understand how it’s literal. Is it a mental disconnect? a lack critical thinking? Is it memes? Do you need some books?

>no one feels like the Imperium is fucked
How do you guys ignore 6 years of people in codexes and campaigns talking about how fucked they are? Every single white dwarf has atleast 10 pages dedicated to telling you how fucked things are

>overall tone is that they are finally fighting back.
to who? A person who can’t read?
>>
>>92747234
I tried these new books, I can't, they are simply bad.
>How could you read any book released and think things are good or the atmosphere is positive
The minis look bright and tacticool. The artwork is epic and heroic. The books are full of brave and noble people doing their best. No matter how much they scream "we're fucked!" they seem fine to me. Also is not like GW gonna kill their cashcow.
>>
>>92747336
>>92747234
Also I forgot to mention, I don't like to judge a book because it's woke or not. I read some decent woke fantasy books, believe or not. But NuHammer is full of these token characters that are super smart and die like bitches and nobody gives a fuck. Also Girlyman and the Lion being so fucked it's not a surprise in this setting because they are two white males, they are there to suffer and you can see. They are crippled, mentally and physically, they even made Gorillaman be trapped inside his armor for a time. While these old, classic characters cry in their sleep here comes brown non-binary person #52 with a brave speech about HUMANITY, YES WE CAN! to try and cheer up the demigod. It's insufferable, every fucking time.
>>
>>92747336
>I tried these new books, I can't, they are simply bad.
>I haven’t actually read or engaged with the setting beyond the most surface level possible but I do have the strongest opinions and assertions about it
Everytime without fail

>The minis look bright and tacticool
So because GW house painters suck the setting changed? Definitely makes sense

> The artwork is epic and heroic.
>The artwork is 40k
Ok ok ok I’m following you here

>The books are full of brave and noble people doing their best
So like Gaunt, like Eisenhorn, like Cain, like that stinky guy who follows him, like ravenor, Katla Helvintyr, Rugrenz, Iannis Kiastros, Leora Avati? Like that?
Or is just because the MC of a book is a competent person and not a retard? Because all of these people “good people trying their best” and all of them are part of schemes to attempt genocide, commit genocide, oppress a culture into the dirt, or bomb several hive cities into compliance

All you guys do is pull shit out your ass and throw it at a wall hoping it sticks what the fuck do y’all be talking about just vibes nothing actually real. Nothing actually published
>>
>>92747380
>But NuHammer is full of these token characters that are super smart and die like bitches and nobody gives a fuck.
>Warhammer books are full of death
Wait I thought the setting changed into noblebright skittle gumdrop candy land that doesn’t make any sense

>Also Girlyman and the Lion being so fucked it's not a surprise in this setting because they are two white males,
You were doing a great job keeping your schizophrenia away by the way the main character Of the last dawn of fire series was black and a traitor you should read that so you can jerk off

> They are crippled, mentally and physically, they even made Gorillaman be trapped inside his armor for a time. While these old, classic characters cry in their sleep here comes brown non-binary person #52 with a brave speech about HUMANITY, YES WE CAN! to try and cheer up the demigod. It's insufferable, every fucking time.
What’s the name of the book your talking about Anon?
>>
>>92747380
holy shizoposting
>>
>>92743012
>furries wanting furry guardsmen kek
>it... it technically COULD exist
It does, but your fursona choices are limited to goat and cat.
>>
>>92747486
You forgot shark too also there’s a a lot of species of cat and goat
>>
File: Daveorang.jpg (67 KB, 473x640)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>92747486
Beastmen can be any animal, they're just always Goatmen because that's what GW was producing for Runequest before they just stole Broo for Warhammer Fantasy.

It's like how the only reason Jokaero exist is because GW was producing a Dave the Orangutan mini for 2000AD.
>>
File: tg90usnxg9z31.jpg (682 KB, 2492x800)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>92747408
>Everytime without fail
Right, let's give you a chance. From NuHammer I read and liked:

Alpharius: Head of the Hydra, The Oubliette, The Infinite and The Divine, Angron: The Red Angel, The Reverie, Vaults of Terra trilogy

Read and thought it was mediocre or shit:

Silent Hunters, The Vorbis Conspiracy, The Successors Anthology, that Fehervari's Sororitas book, Rites of Passage, The Bookkeeper’s Skull, Day of Ascension, Cawl the Great Work, Bloodlines, The Deacon of Wounds, Sepulturum,The Watcher in the Rain.

Couldn't finish, only read 1/3 or 50%:
Renegades: Lords of Excess and Harrowmaster, Lazarus: Enmity’s Edge, The Rose in Darkness, Shadow of the Eighth,
The Book of Martyrs, Leviathan, Krieg, Wrath of the Lost, Avenging Son, The Gate of Bones, Godblight, Dark Imperium, The Rose at War, Ephrael Stern: The Heretic Saint, Luther, The Wicked and the Damned, Flesh and Steel, War of Secrets, Blackstone Fortress, Honorbound.

I'm not counting HH and oingoing series like Fabius Bile. Those books go back to 2019, further than that I can consider regular 40k.

>The artwork is 40k. Ok ok ok I’m following you here
Shit take. Look at those pics and tell me they got the same tone.

>The books are full of brave and noble people doing their best like Gaunt
I give you that, he's a hero of the Imperium
>like Eisenhorn
A shell of man that sold his soul and those of his friends
>Cain
A coward and a buffon
>Ravenor
Barbecue man in a box
> Katla Helvintyr, Rugrenz, Iannis Kiastros, Leora Avati
NuHammer slop
>>
>>92747408
Lewis Jones is so fucking based
>>
>>92747425
>Wait I thought the setting changed into noblebright skittle gumdrop candy land that doesn’t make any sense
What I mean is that those awful characters that nobody cares die in droves and that not make the setting grimdark. Star Trek got tons of redshirts too.

>You were doing a great job keeping your schizophrenia away
>>92747441
>holy shizoposting
Ah, I see. Name calling. Great argument. I love how you people always go down to "you don't know the setting, I was here before, you are a ------ [insert your favorite slur here]"
>What’s the name of the book your talking about Anon?
The first two in Dark Imperium and Dawn of Fire series.
>>
>>92747635
>Star Trek got tons of redshirts too.
TOS had a lot of sci-fi horror episodes about encountering a killer threat alone in the depths of space anon.
>>
>>92747668
Indeed, indeed. But that makes it grimdark?
>>
>>92747623
No way in fuck you read the vaults of Terra trilogy and unironically came out of that book with a sense of hope and triumph and good. Putting this book on you list shoots every stupid shit you just posted in the foot why would you do this

>Shit take. Look at those pics and tell me they got the same tone.
Yes Anon two pictures with two entirely different points and messages conveyed are the same pictures. Why did you want me to tell you that? Did I make you happy?
It’s also it like GW has more than one artist making more than one piece of art

>The books are full of brave and noble people doing their best like
So another thing you said just to say

>NuHammer slop
Based circular logic

>>92747635
> What I mean is that those awful characters that nobody cares die in droves and that not make the setting grimdark.
Ohhhhhh so it’s grimdark by doing everything it can in a grim way, darkly, but not really because it’s too grim and too dark I see what you mean you sound very smart.

>The first two in Dark Imperium and Dawn of Fire series.
great post it because I’m looking at both these books right now which page should I go to which character am I looking for?
>>
>>92747687
Moreso that TNG trek where it feels like the Enterprise-D is always a short jog away from the Federation I guess, but not as much as 40k where everything is a nightmare everywhere.
>>
>>92747696
>No way in fuck you read the vaults of Terra trilogy and unironically came out of that book with a sense of hope and triumph and good. Putting this book on you list shoots every stupid shit you just posted in the foot why would you do this
This whole sentence doesn't make sense. You meant
>unironically came out of that book WITHOUT a sense of hope and triumph and good
Still, great book.
>It’s also it like GW has more than one artist making more than one piece of art
It went from space/barroque/sci-fi/grimdark to Warcraft.
>So another thing you said just to say
>Based circular logic
Still not an argument, barely making sense. Funny that a guy calling me a schizo sounds like a lost redditor without his meds.

>I’m looking at both these books right now which page should I go to which character am I looking for?
Post a pic with time stamp first. I'm not going back to that awful book for nothing.
>>
>>92747753
>This whole sentence doesn't make sense. You meant
>unironically came out of that book WITHOUT a sense of hope and triumph and good

Why the hell would I mean that in response to this retardation
>>92747336
>The books are full of brave and noble people doing their best. No matter how much they scream "we're fucked!" they seem fine to me.
>>92747126
>but the atmosphere changed. Things are worse but there is hope

The trilogy series who’s entire point is hope is pointless and the golden throne is about to break

>It went from space/barroque/sci-fi/grimdark to Warcraft.
Source? Your back to just saying stuff again for fun

>still not argument
What is there to argue with someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?

>uhhh uhhhh uhh p-p-post a t-t-timestamp
Do you think these books are hard to obtain or something? Can you just post what you’re talking about for once
>>
File: Soulless.jpg (309 KB, 1563x1106)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>92747800
>Why the hell would I mean that in response to this retardation
Calm your tits down, still making zero sense

>Source?
Picrel is the THIRD I post that shows shit Warcraft style art. You are hopeless.

>What is there to argue with someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?
You got a point here, because you clearly know shit about fuck. At best you read those new novels that nobody couldn't finish because they are shit.
>Do you think these books are hard to obtain or something
You said "in my hands". Thought you at least had the printed version.
>reading epubs on the phone
Fuck you got no taste at all.

>Can you just post what you’re talking about for once
Nah, you know what? You won! I was wrong, I never read anything, I was just pretending! See, you are the most special anon in this thread now. You were right all along, the Imperium now is pointless and hopeless, just like you.
>>
>>92747753
>Post a pic with time stamp first.
This is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day
>>
>>92747862
>It’s Warcraft because of third party artists not because of anything they’ve published in the setting about what it’s like to live and inevitably die there
Checks out. Something a smart person would say yeah.

>Nah, you know what? You won! I was wrong, I never read anything, I was just pretending! See, you are the most special anon in this thread now. You were right all along, the Imperium now is pointless and hopeless, just like you.
Why are you scared to back up your arguments with published words? are you scared of reading? I get you can’t read but copy and paste is pretty easy no?
>>
>>92745789
>hell they even have total sexual liberty now
Source?
>"things are bad because of THE EVIL ALIENS"
That's accurate though.
>>
>>92746122
>2020s will be 2000s redux
god I hope so
>>
File: James-Swallow-on-X.jpg (145 KB, 487x839)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>92747986
They always had sexual liberty afaik but now they can waste resources transitioning. You still live in a cubicle with another 10 people eating protein bars made of dead skin cells and mold, but at least you got your pronouns right.
>>
>>92746324

Also the daemon primarch, and honestly current greater daemon, models are way too fucking oversized. They're nearly knight sized. A bloodthirster is a big deal and all, but it's never been out of the question for an elf or dwarf with a fancy magic weapon, or a chapter master or inquisitor to duel one to death and come out on top via heroic exertion.

It looks marginally less silly than the loyalist primarchs towering over their own men to such a degree because they're huge snarling daemon beasts, but both cases don't really look in-scale with marine models anymore.
>>
>>92747862
>the THIRD I post that shows shit Warcraft style art.
You keep posting 7-8th art and talking about shallow fluff without realizing that it changed from late 8th onwards.
That and the way you talk crearly outs you as a lame 2016 election tourist fishing for (you)s. You're just a pathetic attention whore.
Fuck off.
>>
>>92748047
>but it's never been out of the question for an elf or dwarf with a fancy magic weapon, or a chapter master or inquisitor to duel one to death and come out on top via heroic exertion.
That’s still the case?
You know 40k is a space fantasy setting right? That’s why space marines do Wuxia martial arts bullshit to move faster than the speed of sound or some equally stupid shit
>>
>>92748000

Depends heavily on the world anon, if a hive ganger gets a gender transition it better be a slap job by a back alley drug dealer lmao.

That said, some worlds are relatively pleasant until they get eaten by tyranids, and imperial medicine seems to be the one thing they're massively ahead of us on given they can combat nurgle superplagues and easily do elaborate augmetic surgeries, plus juvenat for the rich. They can probably do it fairly quickly and more thoroughly than we can.

My issue with that book excerpt is actually terminology - they just say "when they transitioned", modern, very current phrasing, when frankly it should be relatively local that you happen to be in an area that has the infrastructure and politics to allow for it - Just because Terra has no stance on gay or gender shit doesn't mean local ecclesiarchs wouldn't. Tallarn is sexist as fuck compared to some other worlds for example, so even if you're on a cozy agri-world that's got a century or two left before it's the setting of a novel where it gets wrecked, maybe the local ecclesiarchy hates women, gays and considers trans and intersex people heretics against the holy human form. Hell, maybe you're even on some gimmicky amazonian femdom world and the local government think that becoming a trans woman is trying to be a filthy little gutter rat man clawing at the power the mommy dommies hold, I think one of the Cain books had one of those.
>>
>>92748134

Yeah but my point is it's a lot less plausible when magnus is the size of a fucking knight.
>>
>>92748000
>waste resources
Depends on the planet
>>
>>92748150
Ehh
>>
>>92748075
It's always the same bullshit in these threads, "You are a tourist, I was always here, you are a (insert name)". You know, I was going to download those books and find those passages where the brown woman with her lesbian friend talks down to everyone but fuck me, it is worthy? What is clear in these threads is the difference between people that care and people like you who keep going with "Everything is fine! The problem is you! It was always like this!". GW gave the hobby to you already, but even everything is never enough eh?
>>
>>92748075
post some good art from late 8th onwards then
>>
>>92748174
>Dude, trust me I totally knew what I was talking about it really happened!
Lmao
>>
>>92748138
>Depends heavily on the world anon
I agree but I think when comes to sex in 40k it depends more on GW. They kept their safe distance from sex. You see, 40k is the worst possible scenario for mankind, there is only war, but there is NO RAPE. GW has been silently squatting Slaneesh for years, they want to keep the whole thing normie friendly. I read Lords of Excess and there was no excess at all, they are just your regular CSM warband.

>My issue with that book excerpt is actually terminology
Yeah, that kills the flavour. Suddenly it's not 40k, it breaks immersion. Feels like a cheap ad in a big movie, as if everyone stopped the war for 10 seconds to smile and have a "Kodak moment". Also the whole casual way of talking, as if gender transition was something so common among the Imperium. Like you said some planets are very well off, but in most places people eat shit, works 20 hours a day without weekends and die from exhaustion at 35.

I dig what you said about local culture. That's the kind of shit you would expect from the Imperium where everything is so old and mixed with misticism and ignorance, it's totally possible that in some planet they had some obligation to fill the Sororista's ranks, run out of girls and started to chop boys dicks until they discovered that trans woman make better SoB and now the top brass have in their hands another Krieg situation, amazing soldiers that comes from such a unique situation but they can't refuse because they are too good at their job, even if they are weird to the point of near heresy. But GW will stay way from anything bad about minorities, all trans characters will be amazing people that can't fall to Chaos at all.
>>
>>92748269
Like I said, you can't let it go.
>>
>>92748277

Yeah as one of my friends (who admittedly, writes porn for a living) put it, whilst slaanesh would tell you she's a god of more than just sex, she'd likely also tell you of course all her bitches have their tits out. She's a god of pleasure and excess, why the fuck wouldn't all her cultists and daemons (besides maybe the emotionally stunted fight-brained marines) are obscenely openly perverted.
>>
>>92748224
You’ve consistently had them posted to you are you stupid?
They’re really not sending their best
>>
>>92748174
>come into thread
>make claim
>post no written proofs
>visual proofs is from nearly 10 years ago
>the problem with 40k is other people
Yeah, definitely
>>
>>92748329
>more than just sex, she's a god of pleasure and excess
Yes! When I was introduced to 40k many years ago someone said "she/he is the patron of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll". It's not just tits, but everything in such excess that even the most mundane thing becames perverted. I love that short story where Lucius is killed by a landmine and he resurrects in the body of the worker who made the mine, and he looks around and goes "you were proud of this shit? WTF". Thing is the guy was really happy with his miserable life and family, he was just proud to have a job that could give them food. You can go far with Slaneesh, but GW is too afraid to try.
>>
>>92748402
Indy, let it go.
>>
>>92748410

This shows exactly how much slaanesh cares about her marines.

The other three eternal foremost mortal champions are the first captain of their legion, or the primarch's equerry. Big deal top shit dudes.

Lucius is a mid duelist who was what, 30th captain of his legion or some shit? A nobody, really. He's a prank, his job is to lose and get ressurected.

Slaanesh didn't want marines to have marines, they wanted marines because all the other gods got a legion and fuck being left out.
>>
>>92748402
The real funny thing is that’s all these threads ever are. Schizophrenic rambling that GW isn’t adhering to personal headcanon from half remembered lore a decade or two ago
>>
>>92748410
>You can go far with Slaneesh, but GW is too afraid to try.
GW isn’t afraid 40k Slaanesh is just boring as fuck and mogged by fantasy/aos Slaanesh
Lord Glutos fucking rules
>>
>>92748402
Welcome to nu/tg/ hope you enjoy your stay! Thanks HiroMoot!
>>
File: league of fatties 0002.jpg (595 KB, 1211x1600)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>92748475
Redpill me on AoS/Fantasy Slaanesh anon. Lord Glutos seems too thin, also there is that guy in armor with a naked ass?
>>
>>92748456
>>92748506
Let it go, Mr. Frodo.
>>
>>92736414
GW likes money. Can't make it a super grimdark satire forever if you like money. Imperium dindu nuffin' wrong
>>
>>92748506
Excuse me it’s just 4channel(tm) /tg/ now
>>
>>92748791
4channel is dead, we are all 4chan again.
>>
>>92748807
>4channel is dead
If only that was true it’s legacy survives like a vampire
>>
File: 1709637991342736.png (70 KB, 726x720)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>92748884
>it’s legacy survives like a vampire
What? What legacy? And since when vampires have legacies?
>>
>>92748913
shitposting tourists
Anon the legacy is the vampire in this analogy
>and since when vampires have legacies
>he doesn’t know
>>
>>92748969
Nigga are you having a stroke
>>
/pol/ fags get out
>>
>>92749110
Is this /pol/ in this thread with us?
>>
>>92749206
Yes, /pol/ is in my walls and is trying to turn me into a based extremist
>>
>>92749363
Ah, that's a relief. Better than making you defend a multi millionaire company that sells overpriced paints.
>>
>>92736629
>make arbitrary change to appease politically motivated globalist hedge funds
>retarded fans celebrate
yeah that's about the level of intelligence I'd expect from your typical GW whale
>>
>>92737004
Actually I'll stay right here and make fun of your stupid ass for slurping up this short term drain circling bullshit
Can't wait to lmao at you when GW ends up either desperately slashing prices to get their customers back, or being bought out by fucking Disney or some shit
>>
>>92748760
it's more that they have to keep consistently increasing short term profits to appease shareholders by squeezing more and more money out of a shrinking fan base
it's not a sustainable strategy in the long run
I look forward to the day they deservedly crumble to dust and we can all get back to enjoying wargaming again
>>
>>92748475
Noice mortuary factory
>>
>>92737004
oink-oink
>>
>>92747997
Too good to be truth

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.