[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dirac.jpg (58 KB, 1000x1000)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
or do they change with time?

https://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/constants.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_large_numbers_hypothesis
>>
>>16171823
Who knows? We think they should be fairly consistent but if there are small perturbations, or a gradual and slow change in these constants occurring then I think we'd have no fucking clue.
>>
>>16171823
General Relativity's whole shtick is that the speed of light is spatially variable around masses, if you aren't too retarded about it.
>>
>>16171823
>Are physical "constants" really constant
we don't know fir sure, but we're devising experiments to test their constancy.
>>
>>16171971
Anon, you have that exactly backwards.
>>
>>16172575
So the speed of light's partial stick is that general relativity isn't variable around masses?
>>
>>16171971
No, general relativity's whole schtick is that everything moves at the speed of light, but that how much of that motion is through the spatial and temporal directions of spacetime is variable around masses.
>>
>>16172619
>he was too retarded about it
yikes...
>>
>>16172619
>>16172622
I don't care how dumb that sounds, it's a trippy AF way to think about it. Gonna go buy some shrromz now XD
>>
>>16171823
In my scifi they are variable! (I am very intelligent)
>>
If it’s true that inflaton field collapsed and gave rise to other fields, then the constants would indeed need to be variable

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.