[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 377A4257.jpg (511 KB, 2000x1334)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
So basically i have been shooting film for fun as a hobby with my point and shoots and slr's, but i have always wanted to switch to digital. I have been collecting/using my lens and i now have some pentax k lenses and an m42 lens. I really want to try to adapt them to an old digital slr , but im just not sure what old ccd sensor dslr i should get. My budget is under £60 for a cam body (i know, tight) and like £15 max for an pentax k adapter, any suggestions for what i should buy? I was thinking cannon, like a 350d or 40d . Maybe a nikon but i heard they are bad at adapting vintage lenses for some reason? At the end of the day im looking for something that will adapt my pk lenses well, and let me shoot when im going out somewhere or on holiday. I dont mind if it has a cf card but if theres an sd card that would be way better. Oh, and for anyone who suggests micro 4/3's , thanks but i want to keep my focal lengths intact.

I assume all dslr's will have the same manual focusing systems from the time but if you could recommed an dslr with split prism focusing (if they even have that?) That would be like a godsend. I plan to do more zone focusing but only one of my lens' has the markings and im still tryna improve on quickly focussing.

Oh, also if you guys could give me help on decent adapters because im worried i will buy something cheap that will strip or not focus properly.
Sorry if what i wrote is indespiherable , but if it is, i really would apprecuate any help.
>>
Just get a Pentax DSLR. Or a Nikon Z6 and adapter.
>>
>>4307602
>60 funny monies
>I will like to keep my focal length
look m8, you can get a Pentax K10d for that much and even then its APS-C, good news no need for a PK adapter since it will work just fine, and the m42 lenses will just need an adapter that is less than 10 bucks.
>>
under 600 you say?

canon 5diii
>>
Just save up an extra £300 and get an A7, if you can't manage that then you're incredibly poor and should pick a different hobby. It will be so much better than a 40D (I own both), field of view with your lenses will be the same as you're used to with film and an EVF with focus peaking is so much better than using a crop body viewfinder with a split prism (an aftermarket focus screen will probably cost you half your budget for the body).
>>
>>4307602
Get rid of all your Pentax lenses for Nikon lenses and get a DF for a proper SLR feel.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.