[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Apparently Saltic is making a "barefoot" kind of climbing shoe, the model is called "Eliot".
Do you think acceptable precision can be achieved with such a seemingly wide tip?
>>
>>2727737
Looks interesting. I use barefoot shoes whenever I can, but didn't think there was climbing one too. I use the cheapest Decathlon shoes for indoor boulder and a fivefingers for via ferrata.
>>
>>2727737
is that them? They look like regular climbing shoes. Barefoot makes me think that it fits like a glove but on your feet... which would be awful on a climbing shoe because the whole point of the reinforced toe is so you can distribute focused pressure across the bottom of your foot and not concentrate it all on one unsupported toe.
>>
>>2727737
Anyone that's not completely new to climbing and takes it somewhat seriously will wear their climbing shoes barefoot anyway so I don't see the point of this. Regardless, I'm going to the local bouldering gym and stopping for a Thai massage on the way, hopefully I can get a hand job at the minimum.
>>
>>2727737
So in other words a less "technical" climbing shoe. Calling it "barefoot" is a bullshit marketing gimmick.
>>
File: sd3423.png (78 KB, 312x514)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>2727864
>a barefoot shoe
>barefoot shoe?
>yes barefoot shoe
>barefoot.
>yeees
>shoe.
>yes.
>but...
>shut up
>ok how much is it
>180$
>...
>...
>kill yourself
>i will
>>
>>2727882
Not the same shoe as in my OP post, but I have used the ones in your post and they satisfy me. Payed a tad less than that, by the way.
Be sure to consult the size chart and take a well fitting pair if you do buy them.
>>2727846
Yes, it's those, picrel. They must have made some kind of compromise for them to be usable on walls, "barefoot" after all is just marketing.
>https://barefootsaltic.cz/produkt/eliot-barefoot-climbing
>>2727801
>cheapest Decathlon shoes for indoor boulder
What model? How long have you been climbing for and what difficulty?
>>
>>2727737
is it just really soft rubber for them to call it "barefoot"? are these even climbing shoes or approach shoes? i feel like la sportiva's no edge range would do the exact same thing but a lot lot better, i dont see any advantage of the foot shape when tighter shoes can still comfortable and precise, these would probably just have a shit ton of air gaps in them especially on the outer edge
>>
File: firrst_climb.jpg (385 KB, 1942x1792)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>2727889
>What model? How long have you been climbing for and what difficulty?
Simond First Klimb. I stared it in december and didn't went too many times so pretty low difficulty.
>>
>>2727946
I think it's mostly the more anatomic toebox.
>>2727946
Wish I could try them so I could say for sure, am a general proponent of anatomical designs. I'll write here if I get around to do so.
>>
>>2727737
They look like they might be a decent crack shoe and maybe passable as a slab shoe and absolute shit for anything else.
>>
>>2728350
I'm interested in reading your argument.
>>
>>2728352
NTA but I get what he’s laying down. For crack (hand/fist size cracks) I’ve always thought some Vans with climbing rubber resoles would be one of if not the perfect shoes for such a task. These shoes just have a lot of rubber, flat footed (not rounded for edges like traditional climbing shoes or even pointed like super gnar v15 shoes) and would give pretty good area to just slap a foot in the crack or on a wall and get the purchase you need with the added bonus of your little toesies not hurting so much. Toe fatigue is real man!! The area/purchase argument applies to slab too (though not hard slab as by then you’re abusing the edges God/the FA’ers provide you.
>>
They'd be okay for bouldering I guess, but climbing is not a natural activity it's gear assisted and good stiff shoes are part of that gear. You really don't want to load your tendons all.day in your meme shoes.
>>
>>2729543
Rubber compound seems to be the same as other Saltics.
>>
>>2727737
Those honestly don't look very foot shaped to me. Mad rock Phoenix is best for wide feet
>>
>>2731793
>Mad rock
How much do you downsize Mad Rocks for an tight/performance fit? The new Sharks look like they would fit my footshape and needs for indoor bouldering. It's rare to find MR's in store in EU though so cant try them on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.