[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Trzewiki_wz_919.jpg (25 KB, 255x255)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
If you wear boots, do you put your pant legs in them? If so, do you just put them on or do you use boot bands?
>>
>>2727407
no, never. pants always over the boots. it prevents shit falling into your boots and will also make them somewhat waterproof. if you step into knee deep waters you might end up dry, you absolutely wont with pants stuck in the boot. usually my pants has bands in them, if not no.
still dont know why army is so fixated on this.
>>
>>2727407
No. For one I stopped using combat boots after my old ones gave out, switched to normal hiking boots that don't such high ankles. The combat boots did the job and i only continued using them since its what I had leftover from my service. Generally they're suboptimal for everything. Second reason >>2727419 already summed up. If your issue is extra slack with the pant legs, It may be worth rolling them up a little, however gravel and shit accumulates in the folds so empty that out before you get home.
This is /out/, not /k/, btw. Less sympathetic to military larping here.
>>
File: file.png (3.32 MB, 1500x2000)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>2727407
My brother, you gotta get yourself a part of proper hiking pants, preferably convertible. Get the ones with the elastic drawstrings at the hems, and you're golden. Plus they can turn into shorts.
>>
File: foot.png (37 KB, 1432x1680)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
I do use boot bands if i havent misplaced them but i use them pic related
>>
>>2727603
so exactly how they're intended to be used?
>>
>>2728007
Grooming standard differs unit to unit, atleast in my countrys military. Some wear them inside the boot, some put them slightly on top of the boot so that it covers the knot in the shoe lace. We stuffed the knot inside the boot and wore them like that.
Rule of thumb is neither the sock or the knot should be visible.
>>
File: kpop.png (10 KB, 299x245)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>2727419
>still dont know why army is so fixated on this
I think they stopped doing it not long ago, if not army then some other variation like marines or whatever
>>
Just get spats, or learn to blouse your boot with your shoelace.
Personalty I prefer my boots unbloused. The blousing is counter productive for a hiker and just makes you look like a surplus store gimp

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.