[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What ways does you know to avoid getting caught speeding, without being obvious enough to get pulled over

Plate covers?
Dirt?
Angles mountings?

>inb4 don't break the law
Suck my ass

Interested to hear what people have to say on the topic as its not something that gets covered often but I see some interesting setups from ricers and racers when im on the road, seemingly to some success
>>
Electronically controlled strobe light that flashes when it detects a speed camera flash, blinding the camera and obscuring the plate. Can be in the infrared to not draw fleshie cop (non-infrared-seeing) attention
>>
>>27638910
>What ways does you know to avoid getting caught speeding
Drift pass the cameras, if you're going sideways they can't see your plates.
>>
>>27638918
Big brain
>>
>>27638917
This a legit concept? Surely by the time it's detected the flash your plates already been caught by the camera
>>
>>27638923
The camera takes time to capture an image - the exposure time. If you can detect the flash fast enough and flash your own before the camera can get a complete exposure, you can blind the camera and fuck up the image.
>>
This thread glows.
>>
>>27638910
>If you're poor: don't run plates
>If you're rich: run retractable plates
This is assuming you're just talking about speed cameras, if you're talking about patrol cars then:
>Invest in radar + Waze
>Don't make obnoxious mods to your car (flashy colors/decals, loud exhausts, pop tunes)
>Show some fucking discretion, the vast majority of cops don't care if you're flying down an empty highway but weaving through a busy residential road makes you look like a danger to others to any reasonable cop (because you would be)
>>
>>27638931
Your asshole glows.
>>
>>27638934
he will never recover
>>
>>27638933
Tldr: use common sense.

And I get that, it's what I've been going by up until this point but waze isn't infallible and I dont want to guinea pig for different radar brands until I find one that works.

Just tired of puckering up everytime I'm driving down an unfamiliar roads on the search for the inevitable camera thats there to fuck up my year. I want to be able to relax for once and not have to worry about getting flashed for being 4 over the limit
>>
I know more than a handful of people hurt by others who treat driving in traffic as a GET THE FUCK OUT MY WAY game, so I'm going to tell you to fuck yourself.
>suck my ass
Suck a shotgun.

Time and a place, and being reckless around others is not the time or place.
>>
speeding cameras are only legal in school zones here
>>
>>27638948
This isn't a pro road rage/traffic swimgger thread, we're talking about evading speed cameras.
>>
>>27638923
absolutely possible and easy.

all you need is a rasp pi, a decent light detector on an input header, a fast flash strobe powered by enough capacitance on the output, and likely not even 20 lines of code. dont even really need to learn programming to figure it out, just reference how the commands are structured and which ones call the inputs, outputs, sensor level, and timing.
I'm an uneducated moron and I can figure that out, so can you.

But I'm talking about shitty red light cams that are (intentionally?) programmed wrong and catch tons of false positives.

>>27638958
suck my ass, don't pretend to be a street racer when you're around traffic.
Time. And. Place.
>>
>>27638948
Avoiding cameras and driving safe are not mutually exclusive, I know my limits and I know my car. I also know that the gubmint loves putting speed cameras and their 4 wheeled counterparts in the most ridiculous and unnecessary places, such as wide open mile long roads well away from residential areas, this is what I want to be able to stop worrying about.
>>
>>27638970
who said fucking anything about racing in traffic you goddamn schizo? the only times i've been hit by cameras were at fucking 2 in the morning in impoverished shitholes on country roads.
>>
>>27638941
Waze/speed camera apps work for every speed camera within a couple hours of it going up. If that's not enough for you then consider outlawing speed cameras or live in a non-hellhole where they're illegal
>>
>>27638917
Couldn't you alternatively rig up an IR light that's constantly shining on the plate?
>>
>>27638997
it might work, but auto-exposure might let the camera catch it. also you'd literally glow in the dark and certain police departments have NVGs that see that shit so yeah.
>>
>>27638931
Fuck the police.
>>
I've had great luck living where speed cameras don't exist. Feels good
>>
>>27638933
>if you're talking about patrol cars
Seems most countries either go for cameras or patrol cars.
In europe, thousands of cameras but few police cars, and only fast enough to catch a foreign truck with a mismatched trailer plate
>>
>>27638934
Kek
>>
I run plateless on my bike.
It's not registered in my name.
I wear a deep concealment bulletproof and stab proof vest.
Carry a 9mm pistol that I've never to touched barehanded.
The bike is all black.

I simply run. if I have to hide the bike, the person who owns it on paper simply reports it stolen and I chop the bike up for parts.

Imagine in 2024 being a rule follower.
>>
>>27640941
Hey 2005 called, it wants it's edge back.
>>
>>27639717
Nice try glowie
>>
>>27641071
>disliking police makes you a glowie
Kek fuck you
>>
>>27640941
>9mm
Lmao
>>
>>27638910
Ride on quiet country roads in the evening, slow down at low limits (20-40 mph)
>>
>>27638910
I actually think that a blacked out car (dark black, no chrome trim, matte black wheels) is actually better for speeding at night.
I’ve blown past cops at well above the speed limit multiple times and they don’t even bat an eye.
If someone wanted to report me I doubt they would even know the brand of the car as the black makes it harder to identify at night.
My brother drives a white econobox and has been pulled over for speeding despite being a slow driver.
>>
>>27640941
I do the same
>unregistered bike
>no insurance on bike
>carry pistol on me
>reflective visor helmet
>always fill up gas at home, never at gas station
>>
>>27638918
>/thread
>>
>deploy countermeasures
>go to jail

He got the jail because he removed them afterwards and lied about it, so got Perverting the Course of Justice on his charges too.
>>
>>27641141
I think he was implying you were merely pretending to dislike police in order to try and blend in with the criminals the police (You) are trying to catch
>>
>>27641183
Imagine being british
>>
>>27638910
>How do you avoid getting caught speeding
1) Don’t speed
>>
>>27638910
These are the only ones that will actually work, if they actually work. There's a plate flipper as well which displays a different plate when flipped over, but it's more complex. Idk if these are actually reliable or hold up to rain though, it's cheap chinkshit. I'd cover my VIN plate on the windshield too, idk how good those cameras are.

You have to cover it, the somewhat opaque screens are rolling probable cause even if they are dark enough to work. ANY cover in the two states I've lived in are illegal and a cop can pull you over at any time and ticket you. Just because a cop was behind you once and didn't pull you over doesn't mean it's not illegal, it means he was busy or taking a break.

There are magnetic leaves, and some people just smear it with dirt and oil. There's a type of magnetic leaf with a remote control that falls off when you press it, so if you get pulled over for obstructed plate you press the button and lose the leaf so it can't be inspected. Resist the Jewish toll menace at all costs.
>>
>>27641183
How would the courts know he removed them before they charged him?
>>
>>27638917
why not just leave to strobe on all the time if ir

>>27641456
At least they could drive a few hours to get to the autobarn. Shows those anons in the other thread about some british freeways having almost no police was full of it.
>>
>>27641705
Went to look at his car and found all the holes in the bumper where the laser jammers were, found the laser jammer, found the payment for the jammer.
>>
>>27638933
Don't look up who made Waze! Don't do it! Don't look at the names and notice a pattern!
>>
>>27638910
WA state forbids photographing the cabin of a car. Fun fact you can sign an affadavit stating it wasn't you driving. Now of course no one would ever commit perjury but if you were to, it would be impossible to prove
>>
>>27638933
>radar
ive heard that there are ways to detect radar detector is this true?
>>
>>27638948
if you care about that then cameras will do nothing to help, because asshole drivers just wait until out of camera range. meanwhile normal drivers having to focus on their speedometer and heads on a swivel for hidden cameras is a huge distraction.
>>
>>27642927
In the UK if they don't know who was driving you can just say you have no idea who was driving your car. You'll get a fine and 6 points on your license (revoked at 12), but you might get to keep your license. Most speed cameras just take a pic of the plate, mobile speed cameras might be able to video the driver.
>>
>>27642895
So fucking what? They point out the pigs and have saved me from tons of potential tickets.
>>
>>27640941
What if a cop just happens to see you without plates and tries to pull you over? You are just going to run from the cops over something like that? I’d imagine it’s pretty rare but seems like an easy way to get flagged by them
>>
>>27642972
Lol thats so Gay. In WA no points no problems
>>
>>27638970
1. You don't know shit about fuck.
2. Speeding cameras are constantly capturing video a lot of the time, there is no "flash" with an IR camera.
3. Raspberry Pi is the wrong system to use for this.
4. "A decent light detector" will go off every time a light shines your way.
>>
>>27638918
b
a
s
e
d

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.