[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708862362961153.png (818 KB, 1280x720)
818 KB
818 KB PNG
O MY ARTICLE 15
>>
Not by Tomino.
>>
People bitch about this dumb retcon but the reveal/retcon of the Vist Foundation being behind literally all the conflicts and pulling the strings was way, WAY fucking worse.
At least people like AE are just war profiteers, but Fukui wants to write how there is LITERALLY a shadowy rothschild cabal and family that rules the world
>>
>>22616158
I don't remember this being the case
>>
>>22616153
A Gundam whose head section has been destroyed is disqualified.
>>
>>22616158
So? What is wrong with that, when we literally have the Bilderberg Club
>>
>>22616158
Gundam was always about shadow organizations or families controlling the world, it's a retelling of our modern history
>>
>>22616164
the Zabis were pretty out in the open.
>>
>>22616167
and they didn't control the world either
>>
Article 15 is exactly why I consider Unicorn non-canon because it's so fucking stupid lmao. Not only is it basically schizophrenic to have written that in universe, but out of universe if you think about it for two seconds it just comes off as comedically bad writing and completely missing the point of what newtypes are according to Tomino and what he showed/wanted to tell about them.
Plus Unicorn feels like it actually took the "newtype space magic" meme at face value
>>
Article 15 continuing to filter everyone on /m/ as usual.
>>
>>22616168
Not from a lack of trying.
>>
File: 1600911495951.jpg (387 KB, 2048x1536)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>22616158
>>
>>22616153
And yet it meant nothing in the end. Because as it turns out the average civvie is too busy living day to day to care about space magic and psychic ghosts
>>
>>22616168
Hasegawashit will never be canon
>>
>>22616324
Honestly, I don’t see how he could make that comparison. I know what he thinks he means, but Unicorn isn’t like TFA or Rise. There’s never a moment where it feels like the record’s skipping and we’re back to square one.
>>
>Wait, we had a bunch of old guys bypassing legislation, moments away from releasing a charter with clauses that were not even public information?
How the fuck was this supposed to be validating to ANYONE? It's literally just the whim of a small room of people. People who were already characterized as shady. Hell the clause doesn't even give spacenoids guaranteed representation. It's essentially worded like a 'maybe when pigs fly" clause, banking on the eventual arrival of a hypothetical space ubermensch before spacenoids can actually represent themselves with any leverage.
>>
File: 1714532951931502.gif (33 KB, 256x192)
33 KB
33 KB GIF
>>22616170
it also makes things very ironic, because looking at late UC, it almost make it seems like Banagher and Mineva just fucking failed
psychoframe and psychoframe adjacent tech is still used, newtypes are barely acknowledged, Zeon stopped existing as a state (though Zeon remnant renagade groups still exist even by UC 160s)

It makes it sound like fucking Zoltan was right when he called out newtypism.

Both are fucking failures. But a Unicorn 2 sadly also needs to happen because they can't just not explain things. Unicorn would have worked better as an alternate sequel to CCA set in it's own AU at this point due to all the lore breaking shit.
>>
Remember that characters in the show remarked how incredibly dumb the reveal was. The ECOAS guy remarks "That's it?" with a groan of disappointment. Martha comments how all it will do will rile up the activists that were already fired up. The charter is a complete nothing burger to UC.
>>
>>22616429
Their response is more like
>Okay what good does this info do us now
When they really should be questioning the oddly specific wording or the fact that a charter was going to officially acknowledge newtypes before they had a word for it, so you have to assume the general population wasn't being represented by the decision within the clause.
>>
>>22616156
Who cares about what Tomino thinks? That dumbass's solution to alternate universes was to say "Every timeline eventually gets destroyed by the Moonlight Butterfly and humanity starts all over again". Never respect anyone who puts bullshit like that into their franchise.
>>
>>22616481
No it wasn't. Turn A's narrative only ever talks about UC being the previous timeline the Turn A erased. Everything else is just cameos inserted by the staff and sunrise. To Tomino, Gundam has always been just UC. And even the AU footage is considered part of black history; each AU wasn't erased by the moonlight butterfly, they were just part of a series of massive space wars under the UC banner.
>>
>>22616153
>The EF and its Member States shall execute active space emigration policies so as to ensure a decent existence for all those who lack sufficient resources
Article 6 would've led to so much litigation from Spacenoids. What the fuck is "decent"? Does that mean the EF is obligated to provide welfare to poor Spacenoids?
>>
>>22616481
He's never shown any desire to take the AUs as a serious part of the Black History. Most of those references are purely animation or kept to novels and kit manuals. Ironically Fukui has pushing that narrative much harder than Tomino.
Hell In a lot of ways, G-Reco seems like a second go at a lot of ideas from Turn A and Tomino deliberately kept references to UC in that setting's history.
>>
>>22616158
I never got the impression they influenced much of anything, they just sat on their bartering chip forever and felt smug and self important until people found out they didn't have shit.
>>
>>22616481
>Who cares about what Tomino thinks?
Real fans.
>>
>>22616493
>G-Reco seems like a second go at a lot of ideas from Turn A
It's actually the sequel to Turn A wearing a new skin
>>
>>22616158
That...wasn't what was happening. Basically, the Marcenas family sabotaged the Laplace colony during the Charter Signing and then came out with their own version of the Federation Charter with a bunch of minor tweeks, mostly Article 9 which gave the colonies partial autonomy. Syam Vist found the original and used it to blackmail the Federation in exchange for a little funding (little in government terms. A sizable fortune to us mortals.)

Then Zeon Zum Daikum came out with his Newtype Theory and turned that small mention of Article 15 into leverage for basically any spacenoid to get a position of power simply by claiming he was a Newtype. For the Federation, this turned Article 15 from minor cringe into a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>22616170
Actually it isn't. Pay attention to his shows and you'd see Fukui nails it.
>>
>>22616481
>Either everything is canon or it's not!
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.
>>
>>22616613
You didn't pay attention. Ricardo literally calls himself and his colleagues, who are descended of the terrorists, the shadow government. The descendants of the terrorist cell have been controlling the federation from the shadows for generations and the Vist Foundation effectively took control of AE through Martha's marriage to the jew who owned it which only happened because of Syam's political influence. They turned the Federation (and AE) into a dynastic oligarchy
>>
>>22616672
>descendants of the terrorist cell
That's a funny way to say "sole surviving terrorist who had dirt on his employers"
>>
>>22616481
not different from when God sent the flood to start the world again.
stop being a zoomer tard hating popular things
>>
>>22616699
If you plan a terrorist attack you're also a terrorist. Syam just had dirt on the big dawgs
>>
>>22616777
I love Turn A. I just think that part was stupid.
>>
>Article 16
>If the wars are getting out of hand, upend the system by establishing a mobile suit martial artd circuit and who's ever country wins gets call the shots.
>At least one mobile suit must be shaped like a windmill
>>
File: Spoiler Image (123 KB, 376x587)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Everyone bitches out about Newtypes and whatnot, but the real interesting part is the first part of the missing article 15
>1. In preparation for an extraterrestrial biological emergency, the Earth Federation shall increase and expand research and preparedness

In other words, the other thing the EF government was hiding were their planning for a hypothetical alien invasion.
>>
>>22616993
Jesus Christ what is that from?
>>
>>22616996
Angel Call, an alien bacteria discovered in an asteroid near Saturn. It appears in Crossbone Ghost, in case the Hasegawa shitty art didn't clue you in
>>
>>22616382
>it also makes things very ironic, because looking at late UC, it almost make it seems like Banagher and Mineva just fucking failed
DESU wasn't this something people pointed out about the whole mystery before it was revealed? Unicorn felt like it was simultaneously overwrought but also completely inconsequential.

And F91 isn't even that far ahead in the timeline, just about 30 years. Banana and Mineva wouldn't even be considered geezers by then assuming they're alive.

Filling in the timeline between CCA and F91 was probably a bad idea to begin with, probably should've either started with a redo of F91 or gone past/retcon G-Saviour and go from there, then you don't have to worry about this sort of thing as much.
>>
>>22616998
Which mangas have not-shitty art?
>>
>>22617008
>Which mangas have not-shitty art?
Nice try.
>>
>>22616672
You wouldn't happen to recall which episode that was? I recall the Vist foundation being considered a parasite to the EF and only became powerful after Zeon Zum Daikum.
>>
>>22616369
Fukui is an idiot.
>BEWARE THE SHADY SHADOW GOVERNMENTS
>Except when they accidentally guessed something that fits your agenda, then their word is god!
>>
>>22616170
I want to say Tomino knew the perfect ending to the original story arc with CCA and basically did a soft reboot of UC with the late UC era where Newtypes were barely mentioned, but then he also wrote Hathaway's Flash which just seems like a needless torture of the one guy who got out of all the shit mostly unscathed (Bright). I guess you can say that's the point, but it's weird to have the end point of the original storyline instead of being "things look bad, but maybe humanity will change someday" be "also everyone was fucking miserable, the end".
>>
>>22617005
Hathaway and F90 were written before, but it was to show how most conflict before F91 were really small scaled
Mafty and MARS ZEON were really a bunch of puppies.
>>
>>22616429
Banana should be throwing a Kamille-tier rage fit for being taken for a ride for nothing.
>>
>>22616993
>Ghost explores a consequence of Laplace Box by using an overlooked part
Damn, good catch anon.
>>
>>22616993
How humanity should deal with extraterrestrial life is a legitimate question worth exploring (and has been explored numerous times) in science fiction.

The specific wording about Newtypes emerging in Article 15 is totally retarded because it feels like someone wrote it in-universe with meta-knowledge of the Gundam franchise's tropes rather than treating it as a proper sci-fi concept. This is what happens when you get fans of a franchise to be writers for it.
>>
>>22620386
Fukui isn't a fan of gundam
>>
>>22620388
Fair enough, I don't know enough about Fukui to make that determination (he does seem to at least like scifi). I got nothing then. I guess he was just dumb when he wrote that.
>>
>>22620386
>How humanity should deal with extraterrestrial life is a legitimate question worth exploring (and has been explored numerous times) in science fiction.
Except that is, a) hidden from the public eye for some reason and, b) a specific provision to deal with an "extraterrestrial biological emergency". That means some sort of alien pandemic.
>>
>>22616481
>"Every timeline eventually gets destroyed by the Moonlight Butterfly and humanity starts all over again"
That's Fukui's answer, Tomino just let everything open to interpretation.
>>
>>22620448
I can imagine hiding it from the public eye in the capacity of "eh, this seems too far-fetched for the charter so let's leave it off", because that's basically what happens right now with politicians whenever anybody wants to talk about how we'd respond to a legitimate signal being detected by SETI or something- "It's so outside the range of what can practically be legislated or even plausible right now, so why discuss it seriously?"

For B I would actually argue preparation for a pandemic caused by alien microbes is even more worth considering when visiting other planets over actually encountering another intelligent civilization.
>>
>>22616382
>It makes it sound like fucking Zoltan was right when he called out newtypism.
It's my favorite fucking part of the post CCA lore.
>yeah turns out newtypes were fucking stupid we all wanna get back to earth
It turns all the wankery over newtype specialness and the grand destiny of humanity into a gigantic joke. It always was, of course, but now it's more explicit. People forget they ever existed and things just continue on.

And it started in fucking Zeta. Kamille near the end of the series is just fucking tired and points out the only thing the Newtypes actually accomplished was being better at killing people. Then he gives himself brain damage by using his psychic powers to make his mech really strong and kill Jupiter Dracula.
>>
>>22620509
The push and pull of it was always one of the things that made the Newtype concept so interesting IMO. The franchise should never go too far in either direction of "Newtypes are truly the next step in humanity" or "Newtypes are just gassed up horseshit".

To me, CCA is still the definitive thematic end to the Newtype question. Humanity rejected Char's perspective in the most unbelievable miracle ever witnessed in the form of the Axis Shock. Newtypes emerging will help humanity along sure, but they're one piece of a large puzzle. Newtypes are in practice no better than any other metric that humanity has used in the past to differentiate between superior and inferior men. Even if there's some bit of truth in it, humanity takes ages to change and we will move forward when we're ready, you can't force it with some ubermensch bullshit.
>>
Everybody in Gundam Unicorn:
>Muh laplace box can change the world!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
>The unicorn is just the key, it is not important
Me:
>It must be a secret weapon that can blow up earth!!!!

Later:
>Laplace is just a fucking plate with some shit written on it.
>Gundam Unicorn which wasn't considered important can time travel.
>>
>>22616153
Oh, fanfiction thread?
>>
>>22616153
Fukui basically just made this as a vessel for his message that Imperial Japan was great, he doesn't give a single FUCK about the canon or story cohesion as long as he gets to say his piece. He was the tranny tourist before tranny tourists were a thing and he should burn like the faggot he is.
>>
>>22621250
Not having seen the anime, much less read the, to my understanding, even more batshit books, what's the connection here to the glorious nippon empire exactly? Isn't the big secret basically "oh if the space psychics want to secede, it's legal?" Oh I guess that means Zeon, a fairly obvious Imperial Japan metaphor, was super cool and in the right.
>>
As a lawfag I want to like it.
>>
>>22621250
>Fukui basically just made this as a vessel for his message that Imperial Japan was great
hmmm based?
>>
Lol
>>
Personally, I hate newtypes, everything they stand for, as well as every Newtype-like in the franchise.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.