[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51ZF.jpg (43 KB, 317x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
What did I think of it?
This book was better than the entire Southern Reach trilogy, even if it is a Shardik rip off (he seems to like ripping off other books too, like ''A Roadside Picnic'' for his Southern Reach books).

What did I think about it?
Questions with possible spoilers below:

Why can Mord fly, and why was it taken away, what the fuck is The Company, who were they getting shit from from the mirror? What was Wick? Why did Rachel and her parents get sent through the mirror? Did Borne choose to use his and Mord's body to replenish the city with biotech and become a non-sentient plant to be able to stay with Rachel and Wick at the cliffs?
>>
My bad I forgot all you dipshits read comes off a greatest hits list.
>>
>>23321905
you should have posted in the genreslop general, tard
>>
Wow OP, we are in awe of your amazing taste in genreshit nobody reads.
>>
>>23320239
It was really unfortunate that the Southern Reach trilogy went downhill with each subsequent book. Maybe I'll turn to this one after my next book
>>
I read this with little context on a penpal's recommendation for biopunk and found it alright. Pretty imaginative worldbuilding. The company throw various genes and living things together to make new concoctions, and Bourne is a really advanced one that evolves all sorts of abilities. I imagine most of your questions probably make more sense after reading more of this universe, but this was the only Vandermeer I'd read.
>>
File: 1640317789.png (39 KB, 296x253)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>23320239
Borne?
>>
>>23320239
hate this reddit libtard
>>
>>23322239
I liked his ambergris trilogy more. It’s kind of like a light hearted take on lovecraftian horrors in a Victorian town where everyone refuses to speak of the mushroom people living alongside them.
>>
File: bourne.png (689 KB, 1274x520)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>23322288
Get some rest anon. You look tired.
>>
I'm reading one of his big-ass anthologies, he's a little libtarded with his story selections but not even close to the worst among contemporary anthology editors.
>>
>>23322489
It's enough to make a man sick.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.