[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pdf.jpg (234 KB, 777x683)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
I have a very simple question, I hope I'm not on the wrong board.

I have a book in pdf form (pic related) and I want to print it out and bind it, but I want to move the text of the left pages to the left and the text of the right pages to the right. How do I do that? I downloaded Foxit PDF Editor but it doesn't have that option.
>>
>>454556
theres no really a clean way to do that, so really its not an easy question.
is each page of the pdf file a spread like pic rel or is each page of the book its own page?

is the file all pixels (images of pages) or is it selectable text still?
>>
I'd probably start by getting the PDF into InDesign, making sure the pages are laid out correctly, and then try setting up a script that moves content for each odd and even page.

Quick look at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/scripting.html makes me believe it won't be too hard of a job
>>
>>454556
>>/lit/
>>
>>454563
actually i think you could likely right a script (or use the script writer in Ps that copies your steps), in phooshop, that 1 loads image/pdf. 2 uses two selection boxes to crop each side (capturing each text page evenly. 3 exports each selection as ither image or pdf. after that you could use indesign, illustrator or photoshop to drop all those into a series of layouts. doable.
>>
>>454556
looks like it's a scanned pdf, imagemagick can easily do what you need, if you have trouble scripting ask chatgpt
>>
Well, one solution would be to use Paged.js, which is not as hard as it seems desu, can use the css variables
@left-page { text-align : left}
@right-page { text-align : right}

or something similar
>>
>>454556
Image to text app. Copy and paste it in whatever program
>>
>>454556
(JustpasteDOTit/fm5fh)
>>
>>454817
so its a pdf that was scanned?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.