[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1682899449846233.png (580 KB, 1000x1200)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
FAQ:
>How do I activate Windows?
https://github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts
HWID2 mimics a valid installation to generate a permanent legitimate license.

>What version should I install
10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021
11 Enterprise
11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2024 (releasing in October. Final RTM candidate leaked. Anons are impressed)

>How do I activate Office?
Ohook via Microsoft-Activation-Scripts
Alternatively, use a light version of Office 365 through your browser since it's free,
or try OnlyOffice/LibreOffice and set it to save as MS Office file formats.

>ISOs:
Windows: https://pastebin.com/nUMgAr0b
IoT LTSC: https://pastebin.com/ywkasnhM
Office: https://pastebin.com/G8w5qu6z

>Should I debloat or Optimize-Offline?
If you need to ask, then no. You WILL break something.
If you know what you're doing:
https://pastebin.com/S5VKBirt

>Windows/Office install guide
https://rentry.org/windowsinstallguide

>Portable programs & reinstall-proofing
https://pastebin.com/Zh7WSbJ2

>Useful programs for a new install
https://pastebin.com/hN8nnwns

>I miss Windows##
OpenShell/RetroBar/WinClassic/StartIsBack

WinInfo&OtherPastas:
https://rentry.org/fwt
https://rentry.org/ltsc
Change to .co if links don't work

Previous thread: >>100140595
>>
my PC keeps crashing and not leaving a dump file or anything of interest in the event log
is there a program i can run that logs everything no matter what so i can see what it was doing when it crashed?
>>
>>100202460
You can run the Driver Verifyer on your computer which'll make a dump file for you when the computer next BSODs/crashes, which you can then read with BlueScreenView via NirSoft. Be wary though that your computer won't be very usable while it's running.
>>
>>100202475
i fucked with it a little bit and it looked like some nvidia driver was doing dodgy stuff
it's a headless NAS box so i'll see how it goes with the generic display driver i guess
>>
>>100203044
You could try using DDU to compeltely remove it and replace it with a new one, either from their site or via NVCleanstall.
>>
Since I installed 10 iot ltsc all of media players such as youtube and twitch have some kind of weird video glitch where there are blue pixels, my screen goes black, scanlines... how can i fix this?
>>
>>100203074
Not IoT LTSC's fault. Sounds like a graphic driver problem.
>>
>>100203078
i installed nvidia drivers through nvcleanstall, should i download them again?
>>
>>100203092
If you want. Maybe install a driver version that's not as recent, that can help. 512.95 seems to be a magic number.
>>
>>100202460
>not leaving a dump file
did you disable the page file
>>
>>100202147
>11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2024
still waiting for this so that I can upgrade to 11 finally
>>
>>100203138
The link to the ISO on Archive is in the last thread and one anon that was trying to daily drive it actually had it install a cumulative update and up the version number, so it actually seems kinda legit to use for real if you want to risk it and is actually the real RTM candidate.
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 440x112)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>100203138
it's nice atm
>>
>>100203055
i tried the newest nvidia driver and it was pretty much the same situation so fuck it
>>100203106
page file is set to 1024mb but for some reason it just never left a dump file
>>
>>100203158
>>100203167
No risks. I've waited so long already what's another 5-6 months.
>>
>>100203158
not that anon but I've done the same thing and installed the latest cumulative update and it just works. IoT LTSC definitely the least shit version of 11.
>>
>>100203158
no offense but man what the fuck are you niggers doing installing a chinese iso leak that has no sha files to verify it from ms available. i hope its not your main pc
>>
bro the microsoft verified iso comes with malware anyway you wouldnt even notice the chinese malware
>>
>>100203437
It's the least shit version of 11 because it removes basically all of 11's "features" and is basically still just 10, but with a higher feature pack so those rare programs that don't want to run will run.
>>
>>100203449
But there already is SHA/MD5 strings for this leaked ISO, anon. You can just look them up on files.rg-adguard and cross reference with the ISO via 7zip or something.
>>
When should we consider a Windows Server ?

I need to replace our old shit at work running Seafile, and it's either a HPE MicroServer (or whatever) with WindowsServer running Docker+ eafile, or a Synology that can do what Seafile does.
We're 4 users onsite and 4 remote.

So far I know WindowsServer is used for SMB, PrintServer (and we change the main printer almost each week), AD + GPO (but I've never touch it), and for bigger enterprise DHCP/DNS, Hyper-V (but I guess you dedicated a server for this with ESXI) and the remote desktop with thin client.
What am I missing ? Looks like most roles are better suited with another appliance.
>>
newfags here, I installed the W10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021, but I need this program called "bluetooth audio receiver" and it's only available on windows store. Is there any way around to install it without windows store? Here the link https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9n9wclwdqs5j
>>
>>100204245
Install winget with the winget-install script via PSGallery. You can install MS Store apps through the command line with it.
>Set-PSRepository -Name 'PSGallery' -InstallationPolicy Trusted
>Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
>Install-Script -Name winget-install -Force
>winget-install.ps1
Run these in a PS session and you'll have winget. Install the app you want in this case via
>winget install "Bluetooth Audio Receiver"
>>
Why do you need 3rd party software to password protect folders/files on Win 10 and what's a good software to do it?
>>
>>100204592
Picocrypt?
>>
>>100204601
>Picocrypt
Bit heavy-handed because I need to encrypt and go through the app to decrypt every time, but if that's what it is, I guess that's what it is. It does seem to be the best option in terms of actualy security, though I don't need to protect my stuff from the NSA, just from people who have access to my computer while I'm logged in.
>>
is there any point in hardening with something like privacy.sexy?
>>
>>100204685
Yeah, Picocrypt is pretty much the most thick skinned password security out there for typical files. You literally cannot crack files encrypted with it without the password.
>>
>>100204702
Use ShutUp10++ instead.
>>
>>100204717
does that have anything for Windows Defender or is that only in privacy.sexy?
>>
>>100204795
If you wanna get rid of it disable tamper protection and use ionuttbara's Defender Remover.
>>
>>100204830
thanks anon
>>
Does the windows recovery partition need to be at the end always? Is it ok if I create another partition to the right of it? I basically want to add another partition for data.
>>
>>100204585
thanks anon! quick question, do I really need ms store for xbox app to run?
>>
File: xbox.png (166 KB, 1428x377)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>100206063
im not him but, no you dont, you can install an .exe
>>
File: gamingservices.png (4 KB, 604x41)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
How do I disable this bloddy bastard called gamingservices. i've disabled it using the registry but it keeps coming back from the dead. i dont want to uninstall it as I want to use the xbox app sometimes. I am fine with disabling it after gaming, and manually re-enabling it when I want to game again. But this service just runs 24/7 which I dont want to happen.
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 798x435)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>100206217
I'm talking about this one. Do I really need ms store?
>>
>>100206358
nah, just ignore that shit. try boot a game and run it. you will see it should just work.
>>
>>100206358
>>100206524
nvm just tested it now, i cant launch any games because i dont have ms store installed. wtf.
>>
>>100206659
That's suck, maybe someone else has a workaround without ms store needed
>>
File: ms store.png (7 KB, 539x92)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>100206705
i just bit the bullet and installed ms store through the xbox app. if you do decide to install the ms store, i think this is the best way to install it as the other way on github will give you an old version of ms store.
>>
File: 1714240505240.jpg (36 KB, 644x488)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
How do I enable or download the image viewer for the win 10 lstc iot? It seems to open gifs and images in paint. Fresh install
>>
What's a good portable PDF reader/editor with thumbnail support?
>>
>>100206885
https://winaero.com/how-get-windows-photo-viewer-working-in-windows-10/
>>
>>100202147
Why are u recommending win11? Isn't win11 total shit? I saw it putting my shit on onedrive without me asking it to so I instantly sperged out and installed linux mint. Apart from paint.net and league is there any reason to use winshit?
>>
>>100206885
I use XNView instead desu.
>>
>>100206851
I'll do the same then
>>
>>100204025
You might be better off asking on >>>/g/hsg, I'm not sure anyone here uses windows server.
>>
I have software that only seems to be compatible with Windows 7 SP1 if it gets added updates, does making a PE with this keep that compatibility?
>>
If im switching hardware from intel to amd, do i need to do a fresh install or is there something i can do to avoid having to do so
>>
Any thoughts on AtlasOS?
>>
>>100206947
No it's not. The only saving grace of Win 11 is the IoT LTSC edition. Think of it as Windows 7 2024.
>>
>>100206947
Install it with a local account, anon. Then it won't add shit to a Onedrive by default.
>>
>>100206925
SumatraPDF has always been my go-to when it comes to PDF/EPUB/CBZ reading
>>
File: 3274623.jpg (624 KB, 2048x2048)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
How do I block certain websites and domains without tampering with registry stuff? I wanna increase my productivity (currently -78) by blocking timesinks.
>>
>>100206947
yes, OP is the nigger hijacker and not the real fwt OP
>>
Is there any reason not to use edge on windows? Windows is collecting your browsing data no matter which browser you use so other than telemetry it seems like a really decent option.
>>
Is there a Windows 7 ISO that works with new hardware? A few months ago I remember that an anon shared a link ina windows 7 thread
>>
>>100211155
Use a local account and disable the telemetry you dumpling, or are you using Home/Pro like a luddite.

>>100212267
Last thread there was a link to a Windows 7 ISO with drivers for new hardware added.
>>
>>100210270
Could use a custom filtering DNS on the router or computer. https://nextdns.io/ I haven't used it myself.
>>
What to use for incremental backups now? Acronis killed free edition a long time ago and now Macrium killed free edition too.
>>
I want to become a pro on Excel and Visio
Where do I start?
>>
File: file.png (480 KB, 739x539)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
Hey I got a Rog strix laptop and I've been having an issue where the internet disables itself out of fucking nowhere and I can't turn it back on so I need to restart the laptop, it's been happening frequently but it only started like last month or so, I've updated the drivers and it hasn't fixed it, does anyone have a good solution to fix this? Appriciate any help thanks.
>>
since honeyview is discontinued, are there any concerns that it might be compromised later down the line?
>>
I'm a little confused here. My left trigger has been acting like its been slightly pressed. I ran the 'game device calibration' through windows and it tests fine using the test page. However, everywhere else seems to ignore the calibration. Is there something I'm missing? The Xbox accessories app only has the option to calibrate the joysticks
>>
File: windows longhorn.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I want 11 IoT LTSC but I'm scared to download the Chinese ISO
what do
>>
>>100214844
S O U L
I wish Windows theming was a thing again. They should really use Longhorn as UX inspiration for future editions.
>>
>>100214844
>Longhorn
god damn
https://youtu.be/nIoQAEBImv8
>>
>>100214844
Download the ISO off Archive (the link is in previous threads), look up the ISO filename on files.rg-adguard and cross reference the SHA/MD5 with 7zip or something to see if it's been tampered with or not.
>>
>>100215016
It's not on rg-adguard at all.
>>
Is there any way to remove the recommended section from start menu using W11 Home/Professional through regedit or something? Or should I just give in and use Education/Enterprise instead?
>>
>>100215050
Yes it is.
>>
>>100215644
that registry key only works with Edu/Enterprise afaik so yeah you'll have to switch
>>
>>100216006
Changing isn't even an issue with MAS's edition hotswitching.
>>
File: 1457174325202.jpg (71 KB, 632x576)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>100214929
God into the thread to look something up and i ended up having a new startup jingle. Thanks doc.
>>
File: spooky.png (16 KB, 1109x251)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Did you know Microsoft has shadow accounts for your HWIDs? I've never logged into a Microsoft account before, and have reformatted multiple times since this.

I've tried changing my motherboards UUID with Windows Store uninstalled, rebooting and reinstalling it, but they still know.
>>
How do I enable the animation in Win 10 IoT LTSC between the lock screen background and the request for the login details? Cause I hate it going blue for a split second in between the two :(
>>
>>100217275
yes thats how hwid activation works you cant change hwid and they track you forever
>>
>>100217275
you can just qflash your bios, reset cmos battery and delete boot entries in uefi and it should disappear i imagine. but it's honestly a good thing to be able to keep your activation on hardware and not worry about servers and cloud activation like goyim
>>
>>100217317
On another note, I decided to install the Xbox app to play FH5, but I'm getting the error 0x800700E9. This is the same outcome when trying in MS store. How do I work around this?
>>
>>100217401
https://sysconf16.github.io/information/technology/guides/software/lists/installing-the-microsoft-store-xbox-app-on-ltsc.html
Try also installing the Xbox app through winget if you haven't tried
>>
>>100217471
Nvm I got it. First had to install "App installer"
>>
>>100217550
Also enabling "Download mode" in the group policy settings: Computer Configurations --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Delivery Optimization --> Double left-clicked "Download Mode" and set to "enabled" (plus making sure that the mode is set to LAN (1))
>>
>>100215050
https://files.rg-adguard.net/file/f183276a-4696-ee94-ad61-1a0de1d96c80
Literally right here. This is for the RTM candidate leaked on Archive.
Cross reference the strings like I said to do.
>>
I've been on Arch Linux for a couple years, but I've had the revelation that I actually want to be able to play games with friends. It's not even ring-0 anticheat, but rather Sway/Hyprland are entirely broken, and X11 lol. Also Proton randomly breaking and me looking 30 minutes on ProtonDB without finding a fix

is windows actually good lol
>>
>>100217865
It's good if you force it to be good. Use either the Education or Enterprise edition, use a local account, install it offline, run a privacy tool like ShutUp10++ on it off a USB before you connect.
Then just connect after you restart as SU10 tell you and let Windows Update install the cumulative update it needs to, though if you use the current most latest April 23H2 Consumer/Business ISO from massgrave's index in the OP then you won't need to do that, so it'll just install drivers and shit.
>>
What's the best option to rip CDs?
>>
>>100210270
>timesink block
leechblock-ng was designed specifically for this and does it well
>>
>>100218327
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/anyburn_64_bit.html
This is my current favorite ISO/disk media tool. I use it to put ei.cfg in my ISOs before I put them on my Ventoy.
>>
>>100218327
Exact Audio Copy
If you want fast, set it up to not be so anal about checking. If you want exact, do opposite.
>>
Why does Windows Start Menu now have to freeze every once in a while after upgrading from LTSC 2019 to LTSC 2021? Like I know the workaround (open task manager, restart Explorer), but come on I didn't have this problem in LTSC 2019. I refuse to use SFC or DISM, fuck that shit, it never fixes anything. Did they release a patch to fix this shit? Or will I have to upgrade to Windows 11 LTSC 2024 to fix this?
>>
>>100219363
Sounds to me like something you should use the same LTSC 2021 ISO to repair upgrade.
>>
>>100219384
No, because that never does anything and would be a waste of 8+ hours
>>
>>100219461
Then I dunno what to say anon. If you don't want to do anything that could fix this randomly hanging start menu then live with it.
>>
Freezing start menus / task bars used to be one of the most common problems in Linux, but now it's happening in modern Windows. If Windows continues getting worse it might just get bad enough that it sinks to the level of Linux, and at least with Linux you can trawl through the internals more easily to determine wtf is going on, thus it would finally make Linux worth using over Windows. But not because Linux has improved in any meaningful way, that's how bad things have regressed.
>>
>>100202147
Dunno if I should ask here or /sqt/ because it really is a stupid question, but I'll shoot: Is it generally OK to change the boot drive?

I've been using this 970 EVO 1TB since this PC was first built May 2018, and while I'm not facing any problems (besides constantly running out of space for recordings), I feel it is about time I upgrade some internals to stay "fresh". Thinking of getting a Samsung 990 PRO 4TB to replace it.
Tried a Google search first but all I get are sites shilling their software and mixed messages elsewhere.
>>
>>100220321
You can just use a tool like Macrium Reflect 7 Free to clone the entire install from the 970 EVO to the 990 Pro.
https://archive.org/details/reflect-7.3.6391-x64
>>
is there a recommended program on Windows to convert bin/cue to iso?
>>
>>100220638
>>100218360
IIRC it can also convert image files.
>>
So what did they do to 11 LTSC? Just remove things that could be removed on enterprise? Is there anything there that's genuinely "impressive"?
>>
>>100220744
It's not really meant to be "impressive" it's basically just that it's 11 with none of its bullshit though including all its new features (but not the AI thing) and having a higher feature pack number while still feeling like a 10 LTSC install. That's why anons are liking it.
>>
>>100220793
But half of those new features were despised too. Up until now there were endless threads about how 11 didn't have a single good thing or reason to upgrade. I'm not understanding what's in that "feature pack" that would make people happy now and not before. The taskbar nobody wants is still there, so is the new context menu, so is the new start menu.
>>
>>100220930
Have you played around with the leaked RTM candidate?
Features like DirectStorage/Auto HDR/native system wide DoH aren't super interesting but it'd be nice to have them in an LTSC sense, plus IoT LTSC 2024 has none of 11's requirements to be used. Higher feature pack also means the rare program that actually wants a higher feature pack to run then 21H2 (like Visual Studio for example) will run on it.
>>
>>100217587
The hash matches the iso I downloaded off archive.org. This is actually sourced by Microsoft directly? How do they know?
>>
>>100221077
That site scrapes MVS to get the hash strings. But besides that, we'll probably just never know how a random Chinese forum user was able to get the final RTM candidate for LTSC 2024 and upload it to Archive.
>>
>>100221137
>That site scrapes MVS to get the hash strings.
So in other words, yes?
>>
>>100220968
>DirectStorage
How many games even support this? Wasn't it only that Foreskin game with the black woman?
I can understand this if it has stuff you can't run a bunch of commands on enterprise and get rid of, but it disables updates which usually include these newer features you mention. A year from now there's some AI shit or suddenly the taskbar gets smaller icons and people on LTSC are gonna end up switching. The LTS part of it is pointless for many.
>>
>>100221150
Yes, they're sourced from MS directly.
>>
>>100221154
Horizon Forbidden West has it, Forza Motorsport has it, Hunt Showdown has it and Spider Man 2 will definitely have it
>>
>>100221168
ty anon
installing
hopefully it updates through to release
>>
File: 1696555835583962.png (131 KB, 556x455)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>100202147
Any good file sharing program for windows to android?
Currently I am using KDEConnect but I really don't like how it doesn't allow me to send multiple files at the same time. It also doesn't have drag and drop system so I can only send files by right clicking -> send to KDE multiple times.
>>
>>100221177
Well at least there's something. I don't understand why half of those are sony games for a microsoft feature but I'm not gonna question it.
I guess I could try newer LTSC. I'm just wondering if people couldn't just run a script and have the same shit plus updates minus long term support, because it does seem like that's what a lot of people want.
>>
>>100221203
An anon last thread has already had it install a cumulative update and up the version number from 26100.1 to 26100.2xx something or rather. And now that we've confirmed that the leak on Archive and the MVS ISO share hashes there really shouldn't be any fear surrounding it anymore.
>>
>>100221231
If Todd weren't such a fucking retard we'd get it in Starfield. That's a game that could actually use it with all the damn loading screens.
yeah you could probably debloat windows manually to get the same effect minus long term support but the support is the point
We already have good AutoHDR and DirectStorage, Microsoft would really have to go out of their way to make something worthwhile for me to upgrade again in the next ten years.
>>
>>100221303
>but the support is the point
Right but my point is that long term support is useless if people switch away from it anyways because they want newer features. I've seen people say the same about LTSC 2019, how Microsoft wasn't gonna anything newer worth a shit, and here we are.
>>
>>100221225
I just use the file manager in Windows. A bit slow but it works
>>
>>100221356
AutoHDR is an absolute must for me since I have an OLED monitor. Also tabbed file explorer is great.
>>
>>100221412
How?
SMB connection?
>>
my volume mixer does not show real time volume levels, you know the little blue bars that used to jump around when something is playing? so i cant tell which aplication is playing sound. how do i fix this/ how do i even google this?
>>
>sound only comes out from my left speakers
>take audio jack, unplug, plug it in again
>get stereo again
>next day it happens agian

how do i fix this? i have a decent audio system on a shelf on top of my PC, could it be a software issue? or just an issue with the audio connector/3,5mm port ?
>>
I assume you can activate LTSC 2024 the same way as with any other version?
>>
Just installed 11 IoT LTSC but I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to install those stupid .msix and .appinstallers that everyone is using now.
>What do?
>>
Download app installer https://aka.ms/getwinget
Install via PowerShell
>Add-AppxPackage -Path $AppFilePath
You now have app installer
>>
>I assume you can activate LTSC 2024 the same way as with any other version?
Pls respond :(
>>
>>100222810
I dunno, I didn't test it because LTSC is a leak, also I haven't had any issues with Enterprise for the past year, so I most likely wont even switch to LTSC immediately at launch
>>
File: M2gPsgteWm.png (78 KB, 1654x1148)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>100222860
I just ran HWID2
>>
>Try 11 LTSC
>Weird installer
>Reach 80%
>Windows 11 installation has failed
Fuck
>>
>>100223084
Nevermind, got it but now I have a weird issue
I'm going through the setup process, put in my account name and password, and then it decided to restart the process of asking for my region and my account details. Now that account already exists so it's not letting me use that name. Any ideas? Why the fuck is it doing this?
>>
>>100223395
>Any ideas?
make an account with a different name, then at the end of the setup, delete and remake the account with the name you want
>Why the fuck is it doing this?
no idea i don't use it I am just
>>
>>100217317
Dynamic Theme App on M$ Store
>>
https://github.com/IridiumIO/CompactGUI
Excuse my ignorance, I was checking out what CompactGUI does and I have a doubt with this part in the Background section:

>The compression is fully transparent - programs, games and files can still be accessed as normal, and show up in Explorer as they normally would — they'll just be decompressed into RAM at runtime, staying compressed on disk.

So that means that, for example, if I compress a game and then run it, there will be more RAM usage compared to running it normally without compression?
>>
>>100223880
probably more cpu use while it uncompresses it
>>
>>100221613
anyone?
>>
>>100222641
>You can try it, just don't be gullible enough to install it on bare metal until official release.
Why not? We've verified the hash file is straight from Microsoft already and it's receiving updates. Why is everyone still acting like it's sketchy?
>>
Please excuse me for being a retard but if I reinstall windows will my previous install have remnants on my other drives or will formatting my C: drive take care of everything?
>>
File: 1687382776972380.jpg (14 KB, 300x225)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
I'm away from my computer that I was using to test out Windows 11 LTSC, but it wouldn't let me change the default file associations on image formats to Irfanview. Anyone have idea what's up with that?
>>
>>100225239
by default Windows stores everything on the same drive you installed it on, if you manually installed stuff to other drives then the remnants on other drives will remain
>>
I think 11 is part of a common pattern dating back to Vista. People hated Vista, but loved 7. People hated 8 but were alright with 10.
I'm not going to pretend I like 11 but I hope 12 will be more refined.

I can't seem to find a straight answer whether 11 LTSC will be bloated. How many "apps" are installed by default? Does it force Copilot? What's the idle usage?
>>
>>100226345
Vista was actually alright after Service Pack 2, the same will be with W11 LTSC 2024
>>
>>100221599
USB cable??
Mtp protocol
>>
>>100221896
Cause the ISO is legit I'd say yeah. MAS already has its generic license code.
>>
File: 1697214505160002.jpg (127 KB, 962x882)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
so the leaked Windows 11 LTSC still has the copilot bullshit?
Disappointing
>>
>>100212284
I do both those things. Even on enterprise editions you can't get rid of all the telemetry. Microsoft still assigns your PC a permanent unique identifier regardless of how many group policy configs you make.
>>
>>100226345
7 is literally bloated Vista. People were just on shit hardware, be it forced from sellers or their own stupidity. In the same sense they were too probably too stupid to be aware of 2000 before touching XP despite it being lighter like Vista.
>>
Is there any way to permanent deactivate Windows if it's been HWID activated? As in, persists through reformats.
>>
>>100202147
link the w11 archive
>>
>>100227284
You can just disable it in group policy anyway.
>>
>>100227362
no, it's impossible
>>
>>100227362
No. Once it's been HWID'd it's activated forever, even if you re-install the same edition for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1714354725695.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>100227448
Yeah because LTSC doesn't have most of those "features"
>>
File: mmc_FUYmbtBzhf.png (40 KB, 1733x792)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>100227284
pic related
>>100226345
only system apps preinstalled were Edge (non removable), snipping tool, notepad and remote desktop
>>100227448
there's a handful of actually useful features that made me envious of W11 users, I don't need every feature Microsoft shits out but the tabbed file explorer, directstorage and AutoHDR I did want.
>>
>>100226345
You're skipping 8.1 there, which most people actually adored.
>>
>>100227592
Wonder if you can test out if the DirectStorage works with this legit leaked build, if you installed it on an NVMe anyway.
>>
>>100227531
Yes it does. It doesn't come with pre-installed apps, that is all. Super easy to circumvent with either a reg key or XML.
>>
File: BulkLoadDemo_PgU1R61Ijf.png (996 KB, 1901x1531)
996 KB
996 KB PNG
>>100227617
It's definitely working. I've used this benchmark before and I was getting 5-6s on SATA drives. This is on a pcie4.0 NVMe operating at 7500mb/s read 3000/write speeds
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/directstorage-1-2-bulkloaddemo-benchmark.1658860/
>>
File: 1714356099089.jpg (75 KB, 1000x667)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>100227617
>Direct storage
The one game that uses it?
>>
>>100227668
Anon tone down the pendency just a little bit.
>>
>>100227680
I have several games that use it. Ironically it's mostly Sony's playstation ports taking advantage of it and not Microsoft. You'd think Todd Howard would use it with how many goddamn load screens his games have.
>>
>>100227679
Nifty
>>
File: pnggauntlet.png (14 KB, 700x360)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Is there a good modern alternative to PNGGauntlet that gets updated?
>>
File: file.png (25 KB, 902x343)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Why the fuck is Windows 11 muting all the programs individually after the latest update?
>>
>>100227932
Looking around, seemingly no. But I mean it still does the job for you right?
>>
>>100227932
>saved from 4chinchin and whatever server voodoo: 14473 bytes
>made with apple compression: 14018 bytes
https://litter.catbox.moe/2zfzvg.png
hmm
>>
>>100227362
Only way is to replace motherboard
>>
>>100228351
I guess, I just wasn't sure if there was something better or faster.
>>100228440
I took the image from their website.
>>
File: file.png (119 KB, 1021x721)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>100228351
>>100227932
Irfanview comes with OptiPNG: https://optipng.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>100228635
God, of course Irfanview has it as a plugin. It has so many of them it can basically just be an AIO image tool at this point instead of just a viewer.
I'm guessing probably nomacs has it too cause it's very plugin based too.
>>
File: 1714362035074870.png (94 KB, 1021x721)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>100228633
>>100228351
>>100227932
>>100228440
Same PNG as >>100228635 processed with IrfanView's OptiPNG in its most extreme optimization parameter. Size reduced from 119 KB to 94 KB. 21% reduction.
>>
i'm just confused why the server didn't detect it as a dupe, that's why i used litter
>>
>server voodoo
That's funny because the server voodoo makes the image 85KB. Also means server voodoo didn't change the image the person posted.
>>
>>100228746
Yeah I'm confused why 4chan says it's 119 KB but it's 85 KB when I download it.
>>
Does HWID get checked after activation? Like if you took the storage and switched everything else, would it whine? Just to add, with the tool this doesn't matter, but I'm just curious.
>>
>>100229012
HWID activation basically only goes away if you move your system drive to an entire new motherboard or change your motherboard yourself. Has to be a real drastic hardware change.
But with MAS it doesn't really matter, it can just create as many HWID licenses as you need.
>>
File: 1713859527288370.png (180 KB, 453x466)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>100202147
what's the best way to block w10 updates on w10 pro/edu?
That not even a retard could accidentally re-activate.
>>
>>100229093
Why do you not want security updates.
>>
>>100229103
because this shitbox has 4gb ram and a 2 thread processor from 12 years ago
>>
>>100229103
Because he's pants-on-head retarded
>>
>>100229241
Best you can do is make it that updates not install or download automatically with group policy.
>>
>>100217865
if your hardware is release within the last 5 years and have an ssd, then yes. You just have to do some workarounds at the start compared to the constant tinkering and problems on certain linux distros.
>>
File: 1714369170480.jpg (360 KB, 900x1200)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
So i did something incredibly retarded, i trusted some random normie and downloaded the executable from this site https://www.fcportables.com/softmaker-office-portable/
And after using it for a few days (is a nice program i kinda like it) my system is starting to act VERY weird, i think i got pwned like a moron
>Some simple I/O operations take multiple orders of magnitude longer than they should
>Files i try to delete are randomly locked and i have to wait a few seconds then try delete them again
>Internet was insanely slow on this device compared with other devices on my network, i tried restarting Windows' network services but didn't work, this brings me up to the next problem
>Some executables and windows services hang on forever and i've to kill them manually, like anything that needs Python. The network service hung up for like 2hs in a "shutting down" state and i can't activate it again
>Files are acting weird overall, comparing the extracted contents from the same unmodified zip archive before AND after i used this thing throws checksum missmatches
How fucked i am, i'm fearing this is some sort of rasomware and haven't shut down the device since, using suspension/hibernation when required. Fortunately i only have like ~15GBs of useful data on this system and most are fotos that are backed up somewhere else or games saves i don't care that much about, i cam just copy shit over an USB cable to my phone. The bad news is this system is an unsorted mess so is taking me a while to dig the 30% of shit i care about.
>>
>>100229695
If you needed a portable Office you should've just used LibreOffice. Never even heard of Softmaker Office Portable.
>>
>>100229093
>>100229241
The only viable version of Windows you can use on this is LTSC to be honest. 2021 is a bit heavier than 2019 on old hardware like this. Isn't like your hardware is strong enough to run anything too demanding that forces you to use newer APIs anyways.
>>
>>100229720
I got bullshitted by someone that used this specific site, and honestly the suite itself was a quite nice and opened my job shit documents fine. Still never gonna follow throwaway recommendations like this again.
>>
How do i use windows without feeling like im being spied on. is it just autism? id like to use it but it feels dirty to use.
>>
>>100230456
Use LTSC and set telemetry level to 0 in the "allow telemetry" group policy option. Reality isiyou can't fully disable telemetry but you can really get it down to a minimal level. If you're not comfortable with telemetry at all don't use windows.
>>
Can I use edge on windows since its Microsoft owned anyways? Its just so comfy
>>
>>100230542
There's group policies that make it less spooky. They're included in SU10++ for instance.
>>
>>100230456
Best you can do is use a local account while going through the OOBE offline with the Education/Enterprise edition and SU10++'s recommended settings enabled on it, which sets GP-esque registry edits and disables services before you connect to the net.
>>
I kinda like new tiling in w11
>>
anyone got a better Powershell script to delete empty subfolders from a specific location than this one?
idk if Windows search can find empty folders easily, when I tried searching by Kind and then size it kept fucking up
https://stackoverflow.com/a/65101076/134118
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 479x1151)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>100230898
I know a command prompt way maybe
'rmdir' by default doesn't delete files, nor does it delete directories non empty directories

'dir /s /b' will list files in specified directory and all subdirectories, in bare format, aka a list to go thorugh

for /f %i in ('dir /s /b test') do rmdir %i

As a result, this deletes all empty folders inside the test folder in my current directory, in this case the C:\
>>
Why my windows 10 so sluggish that when I restarted or switch it on normally, it took around 3 hours minimum to show the logon screen? But when I pick the hibernate option, it resumed instantly. I did disabled the startup programs and apps, and nothing change.
I want to refresh it but the hassle of reinstalling all the programs makes me hesitate to do so.
>>
>>100231656
You can just repair upgrade a system using an ISO of your current system (in this case an April 2024 22H2 for 10 or 23H2 for 11.)
What's happening is obviously not normal.
>>
i need a software to make my mouse pointer move when i'm not on the keyboard
>>
>>100231674
Thanks for that. Any (free) ways to list down my current apps installed so that I can reinstall them later?
>>
>>100231708
While in the setup that you enter via mounting the ISO there's an option to keep all your files and apps if you install the same edition.
>>
>>100231724
I want to look out for the culprit that causes the slug.
>>
>>100231743
You can use Nirsoft's WhatInStartup to find out exactly what things are starting up during Windows starts up, maybe just use that to delete things you see that starts up at boot and disable them until only essential stuff is there?
>>
How long does W10 IoT LTSC install take?
Doing final backups before assembling new PC but I will have to leave in few hours and don't want to leave things in the middle of setting up.
>>
>>100231783
Takes as long as a typical 10 install does, so maybe around half an hour? Even quicker if you're installing to an SSD and even more with an NVMe.
>>
>>100211155
Edge is fine and much better than Chrome but I strongly advise looking into other chromium forks which offer more customizability like Vivaldi.
>>
>>100231792
Oh, cool, that's nothing. Most of time will be spent on installing new hardware then.
>>
When swapping from W7 on old SSD to W10 on new SSD should I wipe old SSD?
>>
>>100232166
I guess you could if you don't have any personal files on it. You could just wipe it with diskpart and then re-partition and re-format it and use it for storage.
>>
Found it. It's
Get-Package
>>
>>100232173
Gonna back up all personal files to HDD and external HDD. Some stuff to mega too.
I'm mostly worried about potential software conflicts, it's been forever since i moved from XP to W7 or W7 HDD to SSD and I don't remember what I did back then.
>>
>>100232210
I'd say the programs that you use that currently run on 7 will run on 10 just fine.
>>
>>100226701
Uhh I meant wirelessly
>>
>>100226345
Meh, I'll keep using LTSC IoT 2021 until the programs I use stop working on it, then I'll upgrade to LTSC IoT 2024.
I hope Zen 5 is compatible with Windows 10, that's my next CPU upgrade.
>>
>>100233765
Ryzen CPUs don't do that e-core shit do they?
>>
>>100233779
They don't yet, but supposedly Zen 5 arch will introduce low power cores just like Intel, but only on the mobile/laptop SKUs.
>>
Reminder: people using the new windows 11 LTSC has chink spyware, and your entire identity has been compromised
>>
>>100231702
If you have a clock with moving pointers, you can plant your mouse on it. Safest way (if you're planning to avoid employer activity tracking). In any case, don't use Autohotkey.
>>
File: 1689549524209911.jpg (125 KB, 826x871)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>100233833
The SHA/MD5 hashes on the leaked ISO actually match the ones from its MSDN entry completely, anon. It is indeed the final RTM candidate, it hasn't been tampered with in any way. It even had a cumulative update already.
>>
>>100233918
>SHA/MD5
Collisions found years ago, SHA-256 is the minimum that should be used today.
>>
>>100233941
It's right there too, anon.
>>
I need a lightweight windows that can run on an AMD A9-9420e and 4gigs of ram.
it doesn't need to do much, but stock W11 and W10 are already chugging a little Everytime some background task creeps up. it's only a 2 core, so it's understandable.
windows 7 would also be fine.
worst case I'll even use mint but I'd like to stick with windows.
>>
>>100234239
You NEED a SSD to use Windows 10 and 11.
As for which version of Windows 10, try LTSC 2019, supported until 2029, I have ran this version without issues on an Intel E8400 and 4GB of DDR2 RAM, but I used a SSD as the boot drive.
>>
>>100234239
10 IoT LTSC 2021. I installed it to a PC just like that one once and it was a great internet terminal.
I just installed it offline with a local account and ran ShutUp10 on it to disable services and add registry keys to also disable stuff.

>>100234419
I've ran IoT LTSC 2021 on a HDD just fine.
>>
>>100234531
>on a HDD just fine.
Enjoy your 1 hour updates then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A SSD is a must for Windows 10 upwards.
>>
>>100234550
Installing the updates isn't as bad as you may think, but yeah it's definitely slower then using a SSD.
After it's done installing the update and asks for a restart I leave it for a little while so the older CPU has some time to breathe before I get the restart part of the update going.
>>
File: 1714404133285.jpg (56 KB, 1182x1064)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>100229695
Bump, would like someone to tell me how much i fucked it up.
>>
>>100235104
Make a live USB using HirenBootCD, boot into it and scan your offline C:\ with its included ESET scanner, just to see if it actually is some kind of virus.
If not, you should probably repair upgrade your system with an ISO from massgrave's repo that includes your edition. It'll basically "re-install" your OS while keeping all your files/apps.
>>
How do I download Windows 11 Enterprise? Do I just download the generic .iso and use the key for Enterprise from https://massgrave.dev/hwid?
>>
>>100235210
The business ISOs fpr 10/11 from massgrave's site include Enterprise.
>>
>>100235290
ah, thank you
>>
Windows 11 LTSC is nice in a lot of ways, but some things suck. I switched from Windows 11 Enterprise.

The new context menu is nicer.

MSI Afterburner will no longer apply overclocks on startup.
>>
>>100235536
The new LTSC is based on 24H2, a lot of the nice changes will be coming to the standard channel in October as well. Expect ads and Copilot shit as well if you're insane enough to stick with the standard channel.
>>
>>100235536
You have to remember anon that 11 LTSC isn't officially releasing until October so some programs might just not even know what to do with a version of 11 from so far into the future.
Also you miss the new context menu? Everyone I see hates it, and to me it just looks annoying.
>>
>>100231806
The only thing I didn't like about Vivaldi was I had codec problems
>>
To the people that downloaded the new LTSC, would you say it's worth the clean install? I really don't feel like reinstalling all my programs again
>>
>I hate windows 11, never use it. It molests children
>IoT LTSC 11 is coming out and it has lke 5 less programs installed by default? OMG I'm so excited!!!1one
>>
12 could have probably been around some years ago if chink flu didn't happen
>>
So does the LTSC 2024 includes the Store?
>>
>>100235991
Why would it? LTSC has never included the MS Store.
>>
>>100235824
Anons seem fairly happy with it, and now it's been show to be completely legit via cross referencing the hashes you might as well. Though if you don't want to move all your shit to it then maybe you should just wait a bit more.
>>
>>100235991
there's a way to install it, just like on 10
>>
File: 1714409748622.png (56 KB, 1023x767)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Anything similar to KillDisk but FOSS or better?
>>
File: N.png (10 KB, 256x256)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Serious question, the user icon on Windows 7 bothers me. How the fuck do I change it?
>>
>disable updates on LTSC
>everything works fine, no issues
>don't touch any services or settings whatsoever
>fast forward 2 months
>privacy settings won't launch and gives a funny error dialogue
This is simply magical. Well I guess I could do a new clean install while I'm at it.
>>
>>100227932
https://github.com/shssoichiro/oxipng
If you don't mind CLI app. It's also handy for converting incorrect ICC profiles to sRGB. All of my pngs went through this first before converting them to jxl.
>>
Can you do an in place repair upgrade from much older windows 10 versions to the current one?
>>
>>100230898
Try this
dir -Directory | % {if ((($_.GetFiles()).Count) -eq 0) {del $_ -Force}}
>>
>>100236894
You can do an in place upgrade
a "repair upgrade" whatever that is, is iffy because upgrades don't fix all issues
>>
>>100236964
was just looking at
https://gravesoft.dev/guides/in-place_repair_upgrade/

This computer is old enough that I've been considering just building a new one but I figured I could try to fix a few little issues and use this one a little longer.
>>
>>100236951 (me)
Ah, this script also has a quirk too. It only accounts for 'files', not 'directories'. So even if folder 'a' has subfolder 'b', if 'a' doesn't contain any file, it will still deleted 'b'
>>
File: 1714413520251.png (3 KB, 269x151)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
I can't install new teams. The download is a gz and even when I unpack it it won't download.
>>
>>100230898
>>100236951
Updated
dir -Directory -Recurse | % {if (((($_.GetFiles()).Count) -eq 0) -and ((($_.GetDirectories()).Count) -eq 0)) {del $_ -Force}}
>>
windows 11 ltsc uses less resources than windows 10 2021 ltsc, even the iso is smaller

we're really in the future boys
>>
File: file.png (58 KB, 1536x639)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>100237040
Skill issue
>>
>>100237185
How have you compared this? And, do you have the comparison data?
>>
i can't believe win 11 is lighter than win 95
>>
>>100237185
Proofs?
>>
>>100237040
Download it and try installing it
>>
What is the best mail client for someone who doesn't send a lot of mails or use it for work, but likes to keep things in order?
>>
I just realized 11 LTSC doesn't have new notepad/paint/terminal
>>
File: screenshot1_en.png (44 KB, 950x1234)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
Anyone have any experience with Windows To Go? I was thinking about buying a 500GB portable SSD and putting either 10 or 11 LTSC on it for Windows programs since the main SSD has Linux on it and I can't be assed to re-partition the drive.
>>
>>100239512
Are you sure? It is based on 24H2 so it should.
>>
>>100239512
New notepad and paint are shit. For the new terminal, just use winget or wsreset -i to get the store and find it in there.
>>
>>100224106
>>>100222641(Cross-thread)
>>You can try it, just don't be gullible enough to install it on bare metal until official release.
>Why not? We've verified the hash file is straight from Microsoft already and it's receiving updates. Why is everyone still acting like it's sketchy?
Can someone answer this? Why is the W11 LTSC leak sketchy if we already verified the hash?
https://files.rg-adguard.net/file/f183276a-4696-ee94-ad61-1a0de1d96c80
https://archive.org/details/windows-11-enterprise-ltsc-24h2
>>
>>100235536
No way? Are you sure you just didn't miss the apply button on Afterburner?
Not going to update if this is the case, undervolting is mandatory for me.
>>
I recently learned Windows has a new Weather widget. I decided to give it a try...and it's not showing. Windows Spotlight isn't showing either, for that matter.
>>
>>100241305
Probably just because the leak came from a Chinese forum. It's like anons baselessly shitting on Ventoy cause the lead dev is Chinese too.
>>
you guys obviously shouldn't ever use av1 too, iirc some of the devs are chinese
i think besides chinks, ruskies and koreans also got a hold of the 11 leak
>>
>>100243392
microsoft is a member of the alliance for open media, so you're dam right windows users are gonna use it
>>
why does default programs/apps on Win10 always resetting itself even after I changed it manually on Settings & Control Panel?
e.g. pdf -> Sumatra, but it keeps resetting to Edge
>>
>>100236857
Huh interesting. I'm kind of a brainlet though. Is there an easy way for it to optimize a specific folder of pngs?
>>
>>100243543
Just use it together with Powershell
dir *.png | %{oxipng -vv -o max --fix -s $_}

Tune the level as you like, a higher level means it tries more combinations.
oxipng --help
to list the options.
>>
>>100243689
I'll try it in a minute. Thanks anon!! I appreciate you!
>>
File: X4tswP4nNt.png (1.09 MB, 1784x1461)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
Start11 v2 is pretty nice
gives it a nice minimalist look on my 11 LTSC 24H2 install
>>
>>100243846
Is this one of those trialware start menu changers like StartAllBack? Does look nice.
>>
>>100243949
$10 Stardock application but I already had a key from Objectdesktop lifetime back in the day.
https://youtu.be/z3ND4eLjXAU
>>
>>100243689
>Failed to open file for reading
Huh.
>>
File: UELI demo.webm (2.77 MB, 1920x1500)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB WEBM
>>100243988
Not that anon but pretty neat. I use ueli instead of opening my start menu.
>>
>>100244116
Send me your png.
>>
>>100244194
>ueli
woah anon thanks for this, I'll use this on top of Start11 for search
>>
>>100244194
I love rofi style launchers so I might look into this
>>
>>100244302
You're welcome! I saw someone use it a year ago and I've been using it since.
>>100244317
It's pretty cool! It has a ton of options including color theme.
>>
>>100244352
Is there a way to outright replace start menu with it?
>>
>>100244354
I don't think so? It's not a start menu.
>>
>>100244364
shame it seems to do everything a start menu can with the right settings
>>
if internet explorer(when it still had usage) having a lot of toolbars can be used as an example, what (exaggerated)computer usage can be used to disgust people after those years? not necessarily browser
desktop with a shitload of icons? shitload stuck in the taskbar?
>>
>>100244528
The last two are normal in current year. As is having 300 browser tabs open which is really weird.
>>
>>100244528
Desktop with a shitload of messy icons is definitely one of them. Someone for some reason having like three third-party AVs installed while they complain their PC is slow? Another one.

>>100244547
The stupid amount of browser tabs is another one. Like shit, I usually only have around 10 or so tabs open at most times. How people can have hundreds just left open confuses me.
>>
>>100244528
>>100245211
Messy desktop icons, bonzi buddy, ~200 browser tabs, task bar on the top or side of the screen (this last one pisses people off for some reason.) I don't know what else you could add if you're trying to make a bait screenshot. Maybe change the cursor too. Oh right, people get mad if your cursor is too big. Crank it up and add a custom cursor.
>>
>>100244219
Sorry anon it's too embarassing
>>
>>100245228
Having your taskbar on the top just makes people think they're a Linux user.
>>
why does default programs/apps on Win10 always resetting itself even after I changed it manually on Settings & Control Panel?
e.g. pdf -> Sumatra, but it keeps resetting to Edge browser?
>>
>>100246074
Well I've had mpv set as basically the program for every video and audio type and it's never changed back to Windows Media Player for example. I also had SumatraPDF as my PDF viewer and that was never changed either.
>>
I have a computer with dual booth (windows on NVME and windows on 2.5sata). I want to setup the windows on the 2.5 so that nobody can access any data on the NVME.
How do I go about this?
>loaning nephews my recently retired gaming rig for their extended long weekend so they can both play their online games together.
>NVME access is blocked by GPU and I already have the image backed up and personal data deleted so rather not pull it out.
>bios password protected so no hope of changing boot device.
>just want to purge access to it from the 2.5
>>
>>100246236
Pull it out
>>
>>100246266
its a shame your dad didnt -badumtsss
>>
File: pdf.png (6 KB, 397x190)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>100246107
>>
>>100246411
Never seen that before.
>>
>>100246468
should I just tweak it on registry?
>>
>>100246615
You could try.
>>
>>100246337
cringe
>>
>>100245523
*itoddler
>>
File: laughing at iTrash.gif (1.78 MB, 609x343)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>100247044
>>
File: 1707685383982365.gif (82 KB, 570x580)
82 KB
82 KB GIF
>>100247092
DELET THIS
>>
File: Windows7.png (1 MB, 1000x682)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>100220930
You have to understand that /g/entoomen are NPCs. The hivemind said "11 bad", so 11 bad - and their machines are far too shitty to test for themselves. Now that it has "LTSC" on the end, it's suddenly good, because the hivemind says so.
This is exactly what happened with Vista - they changed the name to 7 (and little else), and the NPCs flocked to it like retarded children to a taffy-pulling machine.
>>
>>100220744
no
>>
>>100239512
really quite weird
>>
>>100246411
Try switching the default to another type of program/app, and then switch it to the app you really want. I had to do that for LTSC 2024. It might take a few tries. If that doesn't work. try changing the default program by right-clicking on the file itself and going into properties and changing the 'open with' setting there as well.
>>
>>100247568
>>100247568
>>100247568
>>
>>100239750
They aren't there
>>100240778
No need. If you visit the microsoft store from a browser you can download installers for those straight from there without having to install the store
>>
>>100248769
IoT LTSC 2024 is basically just like IoT LTSC 2021 pretty much ain't it? Just now with an 11 core and 24H2 as the feature pack.
Not including any of those new UWP versions of shit like Notepad.
>>
>>100202147
Is there something like a best windows 7 iso for running the most up to date software? I'd run it on a thinkpad t400.
>>
>>100250337
https://archive.org/details/win7_gen2
Use Professional or Enterprise so you can KMS activate.
>>
>>100250337
>T400
Just use Linux.
>>
>>100250364
I want to run some windows software in it. Besides it's just something that I'll barely use.
>>
>>100226345
That's because there wouldn't be enough time for companies to switch OS (too costly), so they're mainly designed with consumers in mind. So they try out stuff to see how it works and try to remain relevant, but then do a proper OS the next release.
I'm fairly certain you can date this back to ME honestly.
>>
>>100226345
>People hated Vista
Because it didn't run properly on their Pentium 3s with 512MB RAM. There was a RAM shortage in 2006-2007, and it was fucking expensive.
Three years later, when C2Ds and Athlon X2s with a mobo and 2GB DIMM were a $200 upgrade bundle, suddenly everyone "loved" 7.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.