[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2021.jpg (1.65 MB, 4080x3072)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
why haven't you taken the air fryer pill yet /ck/? had mine since christmas and it's the king of reheating left overs.
>>
>>20478089
My oven broke and I don't like when maintenance comes into my apartment so my air fryer took its place
>>
>>20478109
Dude I had the exact same situation for like a year lmao
>>
>>20478089
I had a convection oven installed when we remodeled the house
>>
>>20478265
I have a sweet racecar bed.
>>
>>20478109
>Being too autistic to let maintenance fix your oven for free (well you actually pay them as part of your rent but don't take advantage of the money you spend on them)
>>
>>20478268
>>20478260
I'm aware. It's also because I have a cat and my apartment charged a shit load of money to have a cat so we had an Anne Frank situation twice a year when they would do their inspections. He's paid for now, but I still don't like when they come in.
>>
>>20478089
I love my air fryer. Never touch my m*crowave anymore
>>
>>20478267
I...do you need a picture?
>>
>>20478265
>Muh convection oven!
The air fryer is smaller and quicker, perfect for heating up snacks in a jiffy. Eight minutes for pizza rolls in the air fryer, or twenty minutes in the oven? I don't know about you, but my time is valuable.
>>
>>20478305
Damn, most maintenance guys really don't give a shit.
>T. Maintenance guy
This is a job for people who couldn't hack it as real tradies
>T. Couldn't hack it as a real tradie
>>
>>20478372
Are you standing in front of your oven while food cooks? You're bad at time management, then
Also my convection oven heats up real fast, I don't know why people think they're slow
>>
>>20478388
They take five to ten minutes just to preheat. It has nothing to do with time management, you boomer oven enthusiast. The air fryer is objectively faster and is the future of cooking
>>
>>20478383
Usually yes, but I live in the heart of Utah County which is fucking rampant with narcs so things are a bit different here
For example:
>walking out of grocery store that has electronic detectors for people that steal food, but there is nothing thats actually tagged so I still have no clue what they're there for
>this fucking thing is always alarming even when no one is in line
>walking out with my cart of paid for groceries
>piece of shit goes off
>some fucking bitch customer stops what she's doing sets her bags down and points at me with her full arm extended while looking back at the cashiers
>cashier rolls her eyes and waives me through because they're aware this piece of shit machine malfunctions all day long
>stare directly at narc bitch's eyes after I get waived through
>she smiles sheepishly
It should honestly be okay and not illegal for me to just walk and deck her in the face as hard as I could
Utah has its perks, but holy shit does it have its drawbacks
>>
>>20478426
>Utah
>Has its perks
Mormon faggot detected
>>
Wojak and other forced meme spam threads are cancer and against >>>/global/rules/6 and >>>/global/rules/10
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge this board of lawless subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
https://sys.4chan.org/ck/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=20478089
>>
>>20478485
Wrong again Hector. Born and raised in Las Vegas, and not Mormon and/or LDS. I just moved here for work.
Perks? Conservative area with minimal crime, minimal minorities (meaning you would not be welcome here) very pro-2nd ammendment, beautiful nature with lakes, rivers, canyon waterfalls, deer, ect., within 15 minutes of where I live, hot chicks are a dime a dozen here that are also pro 2nd ammendment Republicans that hunt and fish and make great mothers, people take pride in their appearance (unlike you)
Cons? Over the top preachy Mormons
>>
>>20478546
Don't tell them. If it could happen to Minnesota then it could happen anywhere.
>>
File: himan_beer_para_man.png (291 KB, 626x800)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>20478089
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and replace my old convection with an air fryer, what brands should I be looking for at Costco come Christmas?
>>
>>20478109
Bro you’ll eventually want to have them fix it before you move out so they don’t take it out of your deposit.

>>20478674
I don’t have good advice except to recommend not getting a 2 in 1 air fryer and pressure cooker (okay if 2 lids but shite if 1 lid), and keep an eye on Slickdeals for ones in case you catch a good deal.
>>
>>20478674
Costco is going to have Ninja and Cuisinart. Pick a form factor and decide whether you're comfortable with teflon.
>>
>>20478695
What's wrong with Cuisinart?
>>
>>20478693
>Bro you’ll eventually want to have them fix it before you move out so they don’t take it out of your deposit.
I didn't even think of that, but you're right.
Thank you anon
>>
>>20478372
>>20478388
It's not just the time savings. The air fryer is capable of cooking things like chicken breast or potato anything better than my larger convection oven because of the higher effective heat transfer it can accomplish. It's the baking equivalent of high heat cooking.
>>
Genuine question, how safe is it to cook raw meat in an air fryer? Have been recently cooking real raw meat instead of processed meat, but takes too long to cook so thought of using an airfryer i was gifted. I was always told that an airftyer was for foods like fries, breaded meat etc., and that raw meat would get salmonella everywhere and make me sick
>>
>>20478980
it gets like 500 degrees in there and the only thing that blows around is stuff like breadcrumbs
>>
>>20478980
The entire compartment gets more than hot enough to kill anything.
>>
>>20478775
It's popular. As soon as a manufacturer becomes aware they make a good product they immediately fix the problem by hiring an army of engineers to ensure the product is bad at whatever it's made to do. That's why instapot is struggling. Despite getting popular they are run by retards and and still haven't designed something bad at cooking.
>>
My dad gave me one
Its fine but if it breaks i wont replace it
>>
>>20478537
Bumping in honor of all the dicks you've choked on today
>>
File: 250px-ETBsoyjak.png (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>20478537
>Wojak and other forced meme spam threads are cancer and against >>>/global/rules/6 and >>>/global/rules/10
>OP is a faggot.
>Do your part to help purge this board of lawless subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
>Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
>https://sys.4chan.org/ck/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=20478089
>>
>>20478546
Terrible heat and cold plus some of the worst air quality in the country, especially cities in valleys. I almost took a job in Logan and would have been fine with all the Mormon stuff but the weather and the air were too much. A bit ironic that it was a fitness company that recruited me.
>>
>>20479171
Fuck you, I like 'jaks
>>
>>20478109
>My oven broke and I don't like when maintenance comes into my apartment so my air fryer took its place
Kek same but it was the washing machine in my case. I bought a small chinese portable machine from aliexpress instead
>>
I use it everyday for chicken tendies and frozen pizza. It shuts off automatically so I can get drunk and pick it up later
>>
>>20479178
The winters up north are nasty, but I moved closer to Central Utah and it's 1000 times more mellow in the winter time. Summers arent at all terrible (peak of about 105 degrees) and pretty standard but I did move here after living in Las Vegas so maybe lm used to it, although I lived in California (Santa Cruz) and summers aren't bad there at all. Air quality is only the Salt Lake Valley which is notorious for that. I moved just south of the valley pretty much at the base of Provo Canyon, Utah Lake, and Provo River and the air quality is exceptional. Also has some of the best trout fishing in the country. There's even salmon fishing about 30 minutes away (Strawberry Reservior) It's basically God's country
>>
My roommate put the basket through the dishwasher and it warped so now i have to buy a new one and I'm still pissed about it
>>
>>20478109
Same here but toaster oven.
>>
>>20478305
>we had an Anne Frank situation
Is your cat super horny for strange dicks? Cause that's like all she wrote about for all those years
>>
>>20478089
Can I bake baguettes with it?
>>
>>20480399
No. I had to come up with creative ways to hide/stash him whenever maintenence came over.
>>
>>20478426
why would a black drugfag live in Utah?
>>
>>20478089
Air fryers as a standalone appliance are pretty dumb, but combined with a toaster oven they make a lot of sense
>>
>>20478109
i have a combination microwave and an airfryer, yet i still want to buy an oven.
>>
>>20478089
what's wrong with convection ovens
>>
>>20481162
Nothing, people are just defensive about their countertop widget and they have a financial investment in it that they justify defending
It's not like they're buying Turbos or anything commercial that is actually better than a convection oven
>>
>>20478305
>to have a cat so we had an Anne Frank situation
Lmao same.
>>
>>20481105
You'd only need an oven for big things like a Thanksgiving turkey. He'll, I've done beef roasts in my air fryer that have turned out exceptional, but it took a bit to get used to. Also, if you want to make frozen pizzas or anything you gotta do that in an oven because they're too big but I've found that you can precut the frozen pizzas into slices and make 2 or 3 slices of pizza at a time in the air fryer and they turn out amazing. Plus if you're poor like me doing that means you get 4 meals of 2 slices of red baron pizza for $4 total so you save money there
>>
>>20480917
They don't. That's one of the many perks of living here. I don't have to deal with that shit like I did in Las Vegas
>>
File: 1200x716.jpg (97 KB, 1200x716)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>20481254
while i agree on this, i just notice that i barely can cook raw dough properly in my combination microwave. pizza's from scratch fail, bread fails. airfryer might even be a better option, haven't tried it yet for that purpose. i prefer to have an oven with top and bottom heating, rather than just top heat being blown trough the oven. some fan blowing upper heat trough the oven. grill works amazing though.

was thinking about buying picrel. like the fact that it goes up to 300 degrees celcius. great for pizza and only 109 euro. good ratings, don't mind the unknown brand. it's a rebrand of a generic product i guess. still having 3 products that essentially do the same is pretty unnecessary ..

>Also, if you want to make frozen pizzas or anything you gotta do that in an oven because they're too big but I've found that you can precut the frozen pizzas into slices and make 2 or 3 slices of pizza at a time in the air fryer and they turn out amazing.
does this also work for fresh (frozen) pizza? I do notice a huge difference in how it turns out, reheated pizza slices are better after 4 min airfryer at 160 degrees than when just delivered from the pizzaria imo..
>>
>>20481343
I haven't tried reheating delivery or local restaurant pizza in the air fryer because I'll just put that in the fridge, but when I want a slice I'll reheat it in my cast iron which turns out much better than reheating in a microwave. Maybe I'll try the air fryer for that since everyone seems to be giving that method praise.
Another thing is my air fryer is one of those Cusinart ones which has multiple settings like bake, toast (this one sucks for making toast), broil, air fryer, etc., which definitely matters which setting is on because if I accidentally forget to change it from air fry to bake and try baking something on the air fryer setting, it will turn out messed up real bad. I'm not sure if they all have those settings because this one was a gift and I had never really shopped for them before or after.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.