[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8245.jpg (70 KB, 720x810)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
So apparently some people choose to cook with unripe peppers. Like, they do this on purpose, I really don’t get it. Why not use a delicious red pepper instead of a nasty unripened one?
>>
>>20477487
literally just because it looks nice to have different colors of things
and the visuals influence how good we perceive a dish to be
>>
Are you gonna say green tomatos are bad too?

Are you gonna spitefully say yes because i asked a rhetorical question?
>>
>>20477521
This, but also the green flavour. Red and yellow peppers are sweet but green ones taste green (not sure the right word here besides that) and goes better with dishes you don't want a sweet taste in
>>
cheaper since they dont have to ripen as long and less sweet more earthy flavor, good to balance shit out
>>
>>20477487
broccolis are green too, are they unripe too?
>>
>>20477560
Do broccolis turn red and start tasting many times better? Retard
>>
>>20477589
Broccolis are vegetables. Peppers are a legume.
>>
>>20477487
green ones have a stronger flavor profile
if you eat bells a lot you'll get used to the red ones and hardly taste them
also greens always cheaper
>>
>>20477600
Stronger how? As in more noticeable? Sure, they taste like copper pennies soaked in lye, I would definitely notice that in my meal. But it certainly does not *improve* the meal. The opposite, in fact— red pepper makes a meal, green pepper breaks a meal. This is absolutely not my own personal opinion or in any way influenced by my particular taste buds, this is an objective measurable fact of this world.
>>
File: paprika.png (58 KB, 887x469)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>20477600
uh oh bros!
>>
>>20477656
>taste like copper pennies soaked in lye
You need to get to an oncologist asap. This is a well-known symptom of brain cancer.
>>
>>20477599
no they're a gourd, fucking dumbass
>>
if you prefer red peppers you're a woman or a child because you're just responding to the sugar content
>>
>>20477531
Nigger
>>
red peppers are too sweet
>>
File: 1000038479.jpg (817 KB, 1080x1984)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
>>20477487
I like to cook cajun recipes every so often, so that'sgoing to need a green bell pepper. Otherwise, I'll usually buy a 3-pack with one each green, yellow, red.
>>
>>20477487
Sometimes you actually want that freshly mowed lawn flavor
>>
>>20477487
Green stuff=vitamin c and more SPICY

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.