[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701833187795983.jpg (71 KB, 1080x941)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
How am I supposed to cook without garlic, onions, and spices? How do you make food taste good without these?
>>
>>20469702
you dont
>>
>>20469702
Gay anus penis poopdick rape
>>
>>20469702

why aren't you growing these items? if you were, they would nearly always be available to you.

quit depending on a failing food chain that has no interest in your health or well-being.

get self sufficient. grow some shit.
>>
>>20469709
Sounds hot
>>
>>20469711
I can't eat them, my stomach is messed up.
>>
>>20469717
just kys at that point
>>
>>20469720
No
>>
>>20469702
Butter or yogurt, lemon, salt, herbs.
>>
>>20469814
Can't have a lot of butter either
>>
What a stupid fucking question.
>>
File: Basically-Chives.jpg (1.38 MB, 3164x3164)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>20469702
CHIVES MY FRIEND
>>
>>20469872
>>20469702
What can't you have in detail
>>
File: IMG_5947.jpg (361 KB, 1124x1547)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>20469971
>>
salt, pepper, sauces, vegetables, lemon
>>
>>20469985
Fucking take famotidine chewables with calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide
Drink more water and eat some baking soda, too
>>
>>20469985
Do you have Barrets esophagus or acid reflux or did you have your gallbladder out or what
>>
>>20469989
I'm on 2 prescriptions already, one being famotodine.
>>20469991
I have several minor ulcers in my stomach and GERD.
>>
>>20469991
I've heard great things about TUDCA supplements but can't find any locally, I have no idea where to buy it other than online
>>
>>20470002
Nutricost tudca on amazon. Its a reputable brand. I use them for a lot of stuff.
>>
>>20470001
I'm sorry to hear. What foods do you enjoy eating? Maybe we can find a way to make then in a way that's more appropriate for your conditions
>>
>>20470001
Does the apple cider vinegar trick work for you?
>>
>>20470022
>What foods do you enjoy eating
What a question...
Pork sausage, pasta with tomato/creme sauce, carbonara, tuna/egg salad, sautéed mushrooms w/ spinach, broccoli, steak, beer, actual ramen, gyros, spanakopita, spaetzle, saurkraut, Shepards pie, stuffed cabbage, macaroni and cheese, curry cabbage

Idk man, that's some of my favorite stuff I guess
>>
>>20470065
Honestly man it sounds like you are going to start having to eat a lower fat diet
>>
File: 20240503_220842.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>20470074
Since this started 2 months ago I lost like 20lbs and am now below average weight. I basically eat pic related everyday and that's it. I don't know what to eat because everything makes me sick unless it's super easy to digest.
>>
>>20470084
It says you can have cheese and nonfat yogurt. I would add cheese to the broccoli and make some kind of yogurt sauce for the other stuff.

Kind of weird that it says feta and goat cheese are okay without specifying that they need to be fat free though.
>>
>>20470091
>Kind of weird that it says feta and goat cheese are okay without specifying that they need to be fat free though.
Yeah the charts not very good, it's just something someone sent to me, not from a doctor. (the doctor just says avoid spicy foods/caffeine and keep trying new meds) The whole situation is a ton of conflicting answers. I do okay with tzatziki sauce as long as it's not the shitty fake kind with sour cream in it, so I guess I'll look into yogurt sauces.
>>
>>20470084
Maje a lot of rice and base your meals on it. Rice and chicken, cheesy rice pilaf, you can make fried rice with veggies and eggs using only a little oil.

Start making sandwiches, since you can have bread. Make French toast with it, make homemade low fat croutons for your salad, crackers and hummus is a good option. Like it was said before, chives have a very oniony taste and are a great replacement in meals.

You can buy yogurt and toast your own oats and make low fat granola with fruit and things and make parfaits.

Potatoes are extremely versatile. Latkes, pancakes, casseroles, just baked with some seasoning as over fries.

I think.what you really need to do is pick some starches you enjoy like rice, corn, potatoes things like that, and pair it with a moderately low fat meat and add some sauces or condiments and maybe bread or a side with it. Make a few basic meals you enjoy and rotate out the ingredients and ordering so you dont get bored. I have various health issues that require me to be on a low residue diet, so I'm kind of in a similar boat. It helps to preplan meals you enjoy and mix them up as needed
>>
>>20470091
Feta and goat cheeses are lower in fat Han most cheeses. Its not a mistake. I assume they just dont think people as goi g to gorge on very sharp tasting things like feta and goat cheese, where usually a small amount used for flavor. I mean you dont see goat cheese nachos or feta grilled cheese. Its too pungent a flavor
>>
>>20470122
I used goat cheese on nachos before and it was surprisingly good. Kind of takes the place of cheese and sour cream.
>>
>>20470137
I'm sure your personal anecdote applies to a wide swath of humanity and there are millions of people out there making goat cheese nachos
>>
>>20470144
It absolutely does and nothing you can ever say or do will stop that.
>>
>>20469702

Herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, and rosemary can add a lot of flavor to your dishes. You can use them either fresh or dried, depending on availability.

Citrus: Lemon, lime, and orange zest or juice can brighten up the flavors of your dishes. Adding a squeeze of citrus juice or some grated zest can add depth and freshness.

Vinegar: Vinegar, whether it's balsamic, apple cider, red wine, or rice vinegar, can add acidity and tanginess to your dishes, enhancing the flavors.

Stocks and Broths: Vegetable or mushroom broth can provide a flavorful base for soups, stews, and sauces. You can also make your own by simmering vegetables and herbs in water.

Umami-rich Ingredients: Ingredients like mushrooms, tomatoes, soy sauce, miso paste, and nutritional yeast can add depth and richness to your dishes, mimicking the savory taste of garlic and onions.

Roasting and Caramelization: Roasting vegetables can bring out their natural sweetness and depth of flavor. Caramelizing onions without using garlic is a bit trickier, but you can achieve a similar effect by slowly cooking onions until they are golden brown and sweet.

Experiment with Different Cooking Techniques: Grilling, braising, sautéing, and baking can all bring out different flavors in your ingredients. Experimenting with different cooking methods can help you discover new ways to enhance the taste of your dishes.

Quality Ingredients: Using high-quality, fresh ingredients can make a big difference in the flavor of your dishes. Look for ripe, in-season produce and fresh herbs to maximize flavor.

Balanced Seasoning: While you may not be using traditional spices like cumin or paprika, you can still season your dishes with salt and pepper to taste. Just be mindful not to overdo it, as salt can easily overpower other flavors.
>>
>>20470158
Your response makes no sense
>>
File: goat cheese.jpg (24 KB, 1676x164)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>20470169
There are literally millions of people making goat cheese nachos. You can't stop it.
>>
>>20469702
Herbs. I've just realized most of what I cook doesn't involve spices anymore, just a fuck ton of herbs.
I've fallen in love with natural earthy flavors. Tastes like nature. Fucking divine.
Sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, bay leaves, oregano, dill, lemongrass, all that jazz.
Your kitchen will smell beautiful for hours after cooking.

I love herbs so damn much.
>>
>>20470175
>Google search results as a source
Wow i Guess trans women really are real women!
>>
>>20470161
>Herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, and rosemary can add a lot of flavor to your dishes. You can use them either fresh or dried, depending on availability.
I've had better luck with fresh than dried, what's the best way to store this shit? I usually just throw it in a sealed container and toss it in the fridge.
>>
>>20470369
dried anon vacuum sealed in the freezer.
>>
>>20470212
cope
>>
>>20470212
>trans women really are real women!
Yes
>>
>>20469702
I want a goth maid gf that wants to kill me now.
>>
>>20469702
Food tastes good on its own or with salt. What's wrong with you? I love garlic, but I'm completely capable of eating a carrot without rubbing garlic on it first.
>>
>>20469702
>How am I supposed to cook without garlic, onions, and spices? How do you make food taste good without these?

You don't.
What you've just said is a completely non-sensical question that an alien might ask-

>>20469717
>>20469872
>>20469985

Oh NO
>>
>>20471681
>Food tastes good on its own
Try cooking without spices for a couple weeks.
>>
>>20471648
Why don't you just try having sex with a real girl that actually exists?
>>
>>20469985
this list makes me want to stab whoever made it
>pizza in the grains area
>>
>>20469702
fat.
herbs.
texture.
>>
>>20472516
Yeah everyone knows that pizza is legally a vegetable in the US.
>>
>>20469702
It's called Japanese cuisine. I thought a weeb would know about that.
>>
>>20472537
>It's called Japanese cuisine
I live right next to a ramen bar and can't eat any of that. I'm already eating fish and rice everyday. Starting drinking almond milk, this seems to be settling my stomach.
>>
>>20473015
when i was at japan the family got milk delivered to their house every morning.
>>
>>20469702
Salt?
>>
>>20469702
>How am I supposed to cook without garlic, onions, and spices? How do you make food taste good without these?
Soy sauce and/or ketchup.
It may sound weeb, but what else do you really need?
>>
>can’t use spices
Then why cook? Just eat it raw
>>
>>20472317
>sex with a real girl
Yuck
>>
>>20469702
look into kashmiri food, they have a lot of things that don't use onions or garlic. lots of spices but most should be fine with acid reflux
>>
>>20469702
why do people come to cooking forums to ask gay retarded questions.
> "I hate food other people like. Why do people like food that I don't like?"
> "Waah I'm poor, what do I eat?"
> "Waah my body is stupid and broken and can't digest food, what do I eat?"
> "Waah I hate women kikes and minorities"
Cooking forums are for talking about enjoying food, if you want to post gay retarded bullshit go to /lgbt/ or /hm/
Avoiding spices is ususally stupid. Just strengthen your digestive system in general instead of obsessing about tedious crap. Relax and smoke some weed occasionally it'll relax your digestive system, stop visiting 4chan it sucks out your vital qi energy. Take a walk after meals. Drink plenty of water and go to sleep before 10pm.
>>
File: 1714600361563271.gif (145 KB, 756x958)
145 KB
145 KB GIF
>>20473556
>Cooking forums are for talking about enjoying food
I used to post food I cooked but I can't eat anything now....
>Relax and smoke some weed
I will never ever smoke the devils lettuce.
>>
>>20473556
Why do you reply to OP without clicking on
>Click here
In order to read the detailed explanation on why OP is on a restricted diet?
>>
>>20469814
this
literal skill issue
>>
>>20474993
I can't really have butter. Not much of it anyways.
>>
>>20469985
Where would bear garlic/allium ursinum fit into this? Technically an allium, but you eat the leaves as a dried herb. I dunno how it works with the corn bread, since it's supposed to be really buttery but if you can get away with it then I recommend. Roasted carrots need very little seasoning since it brings out a delicious natural sweetness. Potatoes and vegetables roasted with a little thyme and oregano is a favourite of mine, works with sweet potatoes too. If you're allowed gravy, start consuming that too, it goes well with kasha. Look into Polish Gołąbki, ground meat and rice wrapped in cabbage leaves and baked. Not much but it seems you have very few options. Maybe making them will distract you from the misery of existence.
>>
>>20469985
Just take the organ damage at that point. I'm in a similar boat but I figured I'd rather burn a hole in my stomach and die than cut out the entire right column.
>>
File: f5a58d2baa57acc0.jpg (102 KB, 1080x969)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>20469985
>fat-free sour cream

The hubris of man...
>>
>>20475578
Don't like polish food. (or people, I rank the polish below niggers)
>>
>>20469702
>>20473563
FUCK ANIME!!!
>>
>>20470001
I kinda share the same condition (maybe not as tough as yours though). my biggest annoyance is non-stop burping when I want to fall asleep to the point that I basically no longer have dinner because it'll just fuck my attempt on sleeping. I've taken multiple meds from many doctors but it never fixed me for so long. I feel like by now I should've taken endoscopy just so I (and the doctor) know what I'm suffering now but it's pretty expensive and trying to get my national insurance to cover that is a hindrance.
>>
>>20476388
>I kinda share the same condition
Uhhh trust me you would definitely know if you had an ulcer
>>
>>20476388
>>20470001
>>20469989
>playing the pill game
unless your conditions will absolutely kill you try home remedys.
>>
>>20476395
talking about GERD i mean
>>
>>20476399
>unless your conditions will absolutely kill you
They are.
>>
>>20469702
soy sauce
>>
>>20470001
nice, another crohns disease bro
>>
File: original[1].png (68 KB, 600x1100)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>20476723
im sorry, then in order to not become pozzed by the medical industries tricks it pretty much requires you learn your diseas and body function like an actual doctor would and countermand their bad advice
>>
>>20476726
What do I make with the soy sauce
>>
>>20477293
spagetti, boiled eggs, and frozen veggies. Literal heaven
>>
>>20477079
might as well give up at that point no way can you live without that stuff
>>
>>20477431
you can but it's not in easy reach you have to grindmonke biochem.
>>
>>20469711
>they would nearly always be available to you
Not everyone lives in sweaty thirdworldistan. Ever heard of a thing called winter? Can't grow garlic and onions during that
>>
>>20476395
>eat literally anything
>shit my brains out ~3 hours later
i'm ngmi but it also means i can eat whatever the fuck because i have bulimia tier shits and dont digest anything
>>
>>20478058
Have you tried eating more fiber? Go buy one of those bags of baby carrots and eat like half of that a day with some hummus or something. You'll shit orange, but you'll shit bricks.
>>
>>20478330
fiber don't matter, i will blast orange water out of my anus after 3 hours. only pepto heals me, imodium is mid-helpful though
>>
>>20477293
meat
soup
soupmeat
egg
protien
veg
>>
>>20469985
This sounds like the fakest disease I've ever heard. None of the foods in the right column have anything in common. You are a woman with a psychosomatic illness. Try meditation and therapy.
>>
I can't believe nobody is pointing out how obviously fake this shit is
>>
>>20478597
Here's a picture of some of my messed up guts and stuff. I can't post the whole thing because my name is on every single shot the camera took.
>>
File: 20240510_014532.jpg (1.34 MB, 2419x3225)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>20478788
Whoops, forgot picture.
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 48x40)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>20469985
might as well jump in front of a train
>>
>>20470001
Have you looked up GERD friendly recipes? Just google it.
>>
>>20469702
if you dont know how to create flavour without using other ingredients then you dont know how to cook. grow up.
>>
Not OP but I ave a similar very restrictive diet
How do I do a liquid only diet on the cheap that meets nutritional requirements
I don't care about taste
>>
>>20478792
That could be anything
>>
>>20469985
Are there any herbs or spices you can eat? How about cooking more with oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram etc. Based on your list you could make something like spinach and fetta gozleme, aromatic stews, stuff like that.
>>
>>20479602
>spinach and fetta gozleme
Is this just a flatbread sandwich? Idk, I'm american.
>>
>>20469702
Hey anon if you're there, what you want is asafetida. Look for it in your indian grocer. Simulates garlic and onion without being an irritant.
>>
>>20469985
I'm so sorry anon
>>
Any tips on making turkey burgers that aren't going to be dry bricks?
>>
File: 1715376339313578.jpg (99 KB, 753x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
salt pepper butter
>>
>>20469985
Honestly, just kys before your made up illness does
>>
>>20478597
Of course you'll have no problem pointing out exactly what is so "obviously fake" about "this shit"
>>
This seems to rarely be mentioned, but cooking oil mixed with soy sauce (50/50) tastes really good as a topping. I guess you could cook your food in it, too, since that's what most people do with oil and soy sauce, but I find it more decadent to add it at the last possible moment before the food enters my mouth.
>>
Just figured out I can eat those frozen super pretzels. This is the first food I've microwaved in months.
>>
chicken bullion, yeast byproducts, MSG, sugar
>>
>>20469985
Psst. You need to pH balance your food. Add acid to base-heavy foods (vinegar, lime, etc), and add bases to acidic food (this is why people put sugar in tomato sauce). I get the old acid reflux too, and figuring this out really helped. Don't dump buckets of acid (soda) down the gullet and expect to not carve holes in your stomach, so quitting soda as best you can really helps.
>>
>>20484698
>combine acids and bases in my food
>my stomach explodes from the exothermal reaction
thanks a lot, anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.