[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Oops no refunds .jpg (185 KB, 1096x1113)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you... Crypto: The Future of Finance!
>>
>>58445718
kek gg thanks for playing
>>
>>58445718
>Contaminated transfer history
Explain. Scammers adding addresses which look similar to the one's you've used before?
>>
>>58445718
And that's why you send a small amount first.
>>
fake transaction
>>
>>58445718
Nobody loses 68 million on accident.
>>
>>58445718
>uh yeah sorry can't pay taxes on that 68 mil cuz i lost it lol
>>
>>58445718
Should've used Rabby.
Fucking retard
>>
>>58445725
Yes. They create an address with the same 4-5 characters at the beginning and end as your address since that’s usually the main thing people look at to verify their own address. Then they send a few 0 eth transactions to you, in the hopes that you wont notice and copypaste the address from one of the last transactions when you want to send something to your own wallet
>>
>>58445718
Kek I did this, I sent 0.1 BTC to an old trezor address a while ago. I have the keys but it's a pain to forget/backup wallets so it's just sitting there. Probably going to get another trezor just for convenience.
>>
>>58445784
Fucking brutal.
>>
>>58445798
That is fucking brutal but I can't imagine making a transaction that big without triple checking
>>
Well I once lost 14k btc to a fucked up copy paste back when btc was worth a couple of hundred.
>>
>>58445732
exactly I dont believe it the twit poster prob just trying to boost his subscribers, no one is honest in this space
>>
>>58445784
>have hundreds of millions of dollars
>don't keep an address book, just copy an address in your history that looks similar
Fool and his money.
>>
File: 1708184439549714.jpg (93 KB, 1080x844)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>58445718
oooooh.... ouch.
so sorry for the dude. I just hold game tokens like $lrds and fundamentals btc eth bnb... and even if I sent half of it by mistake to a wrong address I'll be roping now. Hard.
>>
>>58445784
that's so shitty.... and clever. Simple enough to work, it doesn't have to work every time, but just that one time is enough.
>>
>>58445844
who the fuck would steal gamefi coins?
>>
>>58445849
what about 40k in game coins?
>>
>>58445853
welp, 40k is shit money compared to 68M, but, 40k in game coins is loser money.
>>
>>58445736
welp, that one guy did.
>>
>>58445848
They usually monitor a lot of wallets and when they see that someone is in progress of moving a lot of tokens from one wallet to another, they pull it off before everything has been sent to the new address, hoping that they’ll accidentally send the rest to the fake address. Super easy to get scammed if you’re in a bit of a hurry and/or have a lot of wallets
>>
>>58445718
Imagine being a loser neet and making it big in crypto for only some jeet to steal all your money
>>
I artistically read through the entire address like 6 times when im sending fucking 5k this dude deserves to lose his money
>>
>>58445718
>copy paste adress to send 70 million in one tx
people are retarded, at 70 million dollars you only send to hardware wallets and you check the address on the screen of the hw and you buy a new computer for each transaction so the address you type on the pc is the same on the hw without mistake, and you do it multiple times I'd go as far as one tx per million but one per 10 mils would also be ok.
>>
>>58445718
I am checking every fucking number/letters for a 500$ transfer
Bruh can't even do that for 68 million
>>
>>58445718
False flag , just an excuse to dump the price
>>
>>58445718
I send a little before the big, and check the full address each time.
>>
>>58445748
>tax
this, also why no boating accident, what will be the boating accidents of this cycle?
>>
>>58445853
40k on game coins? Not gonna lie anon, sounds kinda annoying, once the devs rugpull, you'll be left with worthless pixels.
give me real world assets any day. apraemio gets it, and could be our ticket to becoming a gold chad, gonna be there day 1.
>>
I don't even get what these guys are doing, what wallet simply uses previous used addresses like this? I have addresses I imported or in a whitelist so this would never even work on me. Seems like a retarded feature for any wallet to have. Should figure out what retarded wallet is doing this and shame them.
>>
>>58445748
>hahah this will work! Now I surely don't have to pay taxes.

yeah right.
>>
>>58445784
buy, like i always keep my address in a notepad file and copy past from there.
>>
>>58447638
it does actually work if you have a lot of unrealized gains
>>
>>58445784
Unless I have billions, I would never send that much in 1 transaction. At least split it by 1 million at a time. Yea it's a lot of extra work to send each million individually but for fucks sake that is no amount of money to mess with. Could have just lost 1 million instead of 68 all at once. Brutal.
>>
>>58445718
How to generate poisoned addresses? Isn't it
extremely compute intensive to find such wallets?
>>
>>58445718
you must be literally braindead to fall for that, incoming tx are not where you copy your own address from
probably some tax scheme where they claim they lost their crypto
>>
>>58447635
no wallet i ever used works like that, you literally have to copy that address from some block explorer
only people not using crypto think this even works
i smell some "sell NFT to myself" scheme here
>>
Good reminder to use a .eth name instead of copy/pasting.

If you're working with amounts that huge you're probably triple-checking anyway, but a .eth name is just yet another line of prevention/defense.
>>
>>58447912
>i smell some "sell NFT to myself" scheme here
Yeah maybe like tax fraud or sanctions bypass or something, idk
>>
>>58445784
Blows my mind that even works
>>
>>58445784
>>58448585
How does it fucking get into your destination address though? What wallet scans the blockchain and auto fills or suggests random ass addresses like this? No one can seem to explain that.

Or is it like an intercepted fed wire, like someone is paying a down payment on a house but their email/phone is hacked, and the hacker replaces the wire instructions with their own bank? That's the only way I could see how this works. It has to be malware or something.

Or its a fake "hack" to avoid taxes, bypass sanctions, someone getting sued who doesn't want to have to put their assets at risk, so they claim to have gotten "hacked" and declare bankruptcy, but then a few years later randomly sell some NTF "art" for millions to some address funded by a mixer.
>>
>>58445926
>you buy a new computer for each transaction so the address you type on the pc is the same on the hw without mistake
What do you mean by this part? I don't understand why you would need a new computer for this.
>>
File: 1576872090903.jpg (602 KB, 3093x2059)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>58445784
I fucking fell for it earlier this year when I was selling my ADA.
Sent the first half, double checked the address hit sent. Once that showed up in coinbase I went ahead and sent the other half using the auto paste that everything has now without a second glance at it and realized after a few hours since it never posted that I got fucked.
Dont make my shitty mistake and always manually copy and paste your addresses.
>>
>>58445718
He lost 'cause he's not paying attention, Anon. Could've set up daily spending limits and 2FA for transactions above $50 if he's using a smart wallet like Brillion, Holdstation, or 0xgass.
>>
>>58445797
That's the essence of AA, championed by Vitalik. It effectively tackles the challenge of lost seed phrases by allowing convenient logins through social media accounts.
>>
>>58448707
>went ahead and sent the other half using the auto paste that everything has now
What wallet were you using? Really interesting in what wallet "auto pastes" random addresses it scans from the explorer. Otherwise I'm calling bullshit on your story and you actually had malware or something.
>>
File: 1621926163153.jpg (28 KB, 255x292)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>58445718
>the best token is ultra prone to scams and theft
>the second best token is run to the ground with frontrunning bots
>the other altcoins are all part of a massive scam practice of money laundering that will fall one by one
i guess crypto maturity is realizing that shitcoins and community driven projects like pajamas are literally the only place where you can find an ounce of trust, as more times passes, i start to realize that not having a "leader" or "devs" is the best solution, give too much power to someone and they just fuck shit up
>>
>>58449929
yeah every time i hear these attacks it seems strange to me bc i always copy paste manually my addresses
>>
File: Ni01MDIwLnBuZw.png (222 KB, 599x846)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>58445718
Good thing I'm not fucking rich and I buy shitcoins like VINU to make a living instead of doing fat transactions like that
>>
>>58445718
Kek - The village will eat well tonight sers.
>>
>>58448595
peeps use cold wallets and so the only way they have to copy paste their wallet address is to look at btcscan.org if they recently used it
>>
>>58445718
>solution: get an ENS
problem solved
>>
>>58451170
this isnt some shit colored scam, you need hardware to mine for addresses just like you'd use gpus to mine for alts. this is probably ex miners repurposing old hardware
>>
>>58451219
Or just use a wallet that doesn't fucking suck. Rabby warns you if you've never interacted with an address before.
>>
>>58451219
ens is even easier to trick people with. the issue is copying and pasting and ens has 10x the places to fool people that would fall for this.
>>
>>58445728
>send a small transaction
>fees cost more than your transaction
ThiS Is tHe FuTuRe of FinAnCE bros. Listen, this shit is never going to catch on as a real thing if this is the interface and way it works. Until some system makes it a one-click thing to send your coins from your wallet to another one, in a manner which makes those wallets NAMED and not NUMBERED, and without you having to check those numbers, crypto is essentially a game for geeks. Just think about how stupid most people are. Think about how useless old people are with computers. Its just NEVER going to take off like this. Ever.
>>
File: 1713007383436301.png (2.59 MB, 1500x2000)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>58445718
this is a meme, so I can just spam create hotwallets until i match a random blackrock wallet in hopes that they fuck up and send me their btc or eth?
nah, this is retarded
>>
>>58451229
if the fees cost more then it isnt worth sending a test transaction. this is only for moving meaningful amounts of money around

the problem only occurs when you ignore your test transaction by copying something a second time.
>>
>>58451215
So this has nothing to do with wallets "auto filling" things... its just fucking retards copying shit from block explorer, having no clue what they're doing, while slinging 1155 BTC around.
>>
>>58451229
Wire fraud happens all the time in trad fi. A person will be putting a down payment on their house, but their email or phone is compromised with malware, they get sent the wire instructions but the malware/hacker replaces it with their own bank overseas. This is why wire instructions for large amounts are usually sent over multiple channels, and if you don't check and wire it to the scammers, wires are settled immediately when processes, that money is fucking gone because they the scammers quickly withdraw it.

Fundamentally, you have to know where the fuck you're sending money. No system, trad or crypto, can protect against a user who is not validating their destinations for transfers.
>>
>>58450861
>>58451233
why do you think so many people vouch for memecoins in the first place? it was never about the tech to begin with
>>
File: 1663603320213009s.jpg (3 KB, 124x114)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>58445718
>THANKS
>FOR
>PLAYING
>>
are you fr OP
>>
stfu, I cant stand this
>>
retard
>>
If an American troll successfully got someone to transfer $68 million to them, how would they even safely spend the money? Wouldn't the IRS or SEC or whoever just be waiting to swoop in as soon as those coins got converted to cash or otherwise linked to a real identity? And it's the blockchain so you can't hide trading it to a secret account?
>>
>>58453319
hiding it is easy using a mixer, but yeah the hard part is then withdrawing the money in a way that's not going to attract tax / money laundering investigation. Usually scammers aren't doing this by themselves they have a corrupt bank or other professionals "on the inside" of the trad system helping them out like setting up shell company accounts for businesses with circular ownership so its hard to track who owns it, buying real estate or businesses, and then over the time the money appears to have come from those assets. Same way illegal cash businesses like drug dealers get their cash in digital form.
>>
>>58447787
Whats the added security of doing that over and over again? Just send one 1$ transaction and if that shows up in your wallet, send the rest
>>
File: 1630449037446.jpg (13 KB, 300x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
imagine being the sammer waking up to a wallet that have 68m in it
>>
>>58445718
Crypto is for those who understand the landscape. If you're interested in RWA, you're welcome to join the hub.
>>
>>58445736
>>58445732
Yep, this is just money laundering. He will cash out the "fake" wallet in another country with no crypto regulation.
>>
>>58445718
Most retarded "scam" I've ever seen
>>
File: addy.png (44 KB, 817x361)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>58445784
i dont get it just copy the address right here instead of looking for it in transactions
>>
This has to be a desperate attempt at tax write off. Ain't no way any sane person on Earth would use a wallet like this. The copy to clipboard features are everywhere nowadays.
>>
>>58445732
Proof? Maybe We shouldn't trust anything we see on the Internet due to clickbait. I have nothing to worry about as I'm enjoying yieldnest testnet for good
>>
>>58450861
CA for the community takeover pls and thanks
>>
>>58456391
here anon FvER7SsvY5GqAMawf7Qfb5MnUUmDdbPNPg4nCa4zHoLw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.