[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: qvSHhRyC_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 400x400)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Linkpool published that whole cope thread but 2 days into May we are trending towards about 90k total tx (vs.134k last month) and $60k-70 revenue (vs. $133k last month which was already 50% down from the previous month).

I look at the explorer every day and easily 70% of main net tx are Xswap points farming and since they're about to do their airdrop you can imagine that shit is going to fall off a cliff. The other 30% is some other wallet idk what it is. But I've only ever seen 2 wallets on main net basically 2 dapps using CCIP.

AAVE said they're not launching their CCIP thing for at least 2-3 years from now.

What the fuck.
>>
>>58443713
Post proof?
>>
>>58443724
>https://dune.com/linkpool/chainlink-ccip
>>
File: ccip 80 apps.png (529 KB, 1335x801)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
I'm surprised more apps aren't live yet. Krypton dex won the hackathon 3 years ago and it's still not out.
>>
>>58443713
goodbye ccip :}
we hardly knew ye :}
>>
>>58443724
the virgin proof asker :}
>>
>>58443728
I feel like they've announced at least 10 mainnet users but it doesn't seem like most of them are doing anything. Idk. I hold 50,000 LINK btw, and don't enjoy fudding my own token. But seriously, what the fuck? I guess crypto in general is mostly scams and whatnot but you'd think years of developing an interoperability protocol they might have actually had some users ready to go that weren't just airdrop farm shitcoins.
>>
maybe if they did a real general access without needing to manually approve every shitcoin it would get some actual use but needing permission from a two man team to get crosschaindogfartinu from cumdex on arbitrum to fuckswap on base is just retarded
>>
>>58443744
have to wait for the bull market in hopes the degenerates will use xswap instead of other alternatives. Which i dont think they will because no one gives a shit about decentralization in this space. The fact that people are buying solana after it was proven that SBF was stoping the chain to rek people is all you need to know where this is going anon. our only hope is swift DTCC etc using this stuff but again like aave wont come online in 2-3 years after the bull market.
>>
>>58443713
aave v3 will be ready in 3 years? i thought it'd at least be 10, if not 20? source??
>>
furthermore, when the fuck are they going to link bitcoin with ethereum? i'd assumed that bringing btc to evm/defi would be a priority and the hiring of ben chan indicated as much, doubly so since the ftx spooks destroyed renbtc but there's been 0 mention of btc via ccip and there's still no non-evm support
>>
>>58443768
Bitcoin has no ecosystem there's literally nothing to do there. I guess if people want to transact on ETH with BTC but frankly I don't think people want to transact with BTC, they want to hoard it. It would make more sense to add Solana.
>>
>>58443757
No I doubt xswap has what it takes to capture significant marketshare. Either they have some big fucking players coming in soon or we are probably fucked. Maybe BUILD rewards will save us.
>>
>>58443770
I expect that people will get bored of hoarding BTC and will look for ways to use it in defi as collateral to borrow against or for ways to get additional yield on it at the very least. WBTC has a 9B market cap and that's just one shitty centralized custodial service. If there was a better service available it would make sense that there would be a significant demand to be able to use the #1 market cap crypto on the #2 marketcap chain but you may be right that bitcoin boomers are not interested in actually using bitcoin for anything
>>
>>58443772
im 50/50. They seem to be very smart about trying to pump the token by getting million plus follower accounts on twitter to shill it for them. Unlike chainlink. Ive been buying other things and will unload a lot of my holding this cycle. Sergey is trying to keep us on the hook another bear market with his carrot and stick muh two weeks bullshit bullshit.
>>
>>58443778
correct
lending native BTC on AAVE via CCIP will come, and will unlock more liquidity than we have ever seen
>>
>>58443758
V4, The timeline for development is scheduled to run from Q2 2024 until mid-2025.
>>
>>58443782
This has always been my expectation but it's disheartening seeing little progress. IMO this should be #1 priority for CCIP
>>
>>58443782
>lending native BTC on AAVE via CCIP will come,
ok when, ten years from now?
>>
>>58443793
slowly then all at once, retard

its been pretty slow, its about time for that all at once singularity
>>
>>58443713
wow you mean tech that already exists and is available to the public DIDN'T revolutionize crypto?
shocking
kek chainshit baggies
>>
>>58443805
the singularity to 0 maybe :}
>>
CCIP is not dying you retard.
I already expected this month to have a good chance of having less txs than last month. It's a new service, there will be spikes in usage - but the main thing we're looking for is growth over time. Even if we're down on this month, the overall trend is still up. Adoption takes time and GA just happened literally not that long ago. After GA it takes time for new projects to start developing on it, and then they have to take time for test net, and then they can finally go live.
Look at the CCIP explorer at any time, typically about 3 out of the the 5 txs shown will be testnet. These will start going live soon.

Your point about lower revenue being lower is a false flag because they recently optimized their pricing structure so you can't fairly compare to the previous months. It's about 4x more efficient now (they can process 4x the transactions for the same total cost). This will only improve adoption in the long run. Even so, if you literally just ZOOM OUT you will see that both transaction count and revenue are trending upwards.
CCIP is only "dying" if you are zoomed in like someone with 2/20 vision.
>>
File: file.png (111 KB, 1278x897)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>58443805
Lol, people can already lend WBTC and its 9b mcp. You think anyone is going to give a shit if its non-wrapped BTC? It makes 0 difference.

>>58443839
>the overall trend is still up
The cumulative cant go down by definition. April had half the revenue of March, idk what you're smoking desu, there are multiple alternatives to CCIP. Xswap is a jeet project and the fees are massive compared to transporter. The fact they aren't even plugged into SOL is a big issue too. Chainlink is garbage and I say this as a bagholder.

The whole cope of build it and they will come is nonsense. The only reason to use the CCIP integrated projects will be to farm potential airdrops.
>>
>>58443744
CCIP integration isn't a one and done type of thing my dude.
>>
>>58443881
isn't it though? :}
>>
File: optimism.png (21 KB, 937x469)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
am I reading this right bros? did chainlink price feeds on optimism go from basically nothing to 400 million dollars in revenue in march and 100 million last month? that seems kind of insane. is this supposed to be FUD? lol
>>
>>58443933
you dumped 300 million, stinkie
>>
>>58443957
I think you are confused. this is monthly revenue, not a price chart
>>
>>58443865
>The cumulative cant go down by definition
I'm not talking about the cumulative chart. Look at this and tell me the trend is not up. Even if May ends up less than April in terms of no. of txs. Come on brother, find those last few IQ points.

>>58443713
>vs. $133k last month which was already 50% down from the previous month
You cannot compare it like that since the pricing structure was changed. Try to think legit. What matters is how fee revenue progresses going forward. As I've showed you, number of transactions is still trending upwards. Fees will follow, even if this month is less than last month.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 3376x436)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>58443995
Lol ok, lets wait and see if the tx's keep going up. The T'xs need to double to equal March's revenue, and then keep doubling every month to show some substantial adoption. Lets see how much money these retards will make end of year.
>>
>>58443713
Something has to be alive first for it to die
>>
in a l2 dominated world things like ccip have no place. unnecessary cost and risk over using native bridges. looks like another pie in the sky ico tier project as an excuse to keep "distributing"
>>
>>58444001
> then keep doubling every month to show some substantial adoption
What?
Anyway I am unironically expecting a 10x in txs by end of Jan next year (just my educated guess).
>>
>>58443713
>2 days into May (including a big fat market crash)
>"wE aRe tReNDinG"
fucking lol

>AAVE said they're not launching their CCIP thing for at least 2-3 years from now.
Aave has been using CCIP since last summer.

>I look at the explorer every day
Clearly.
Get a hobby or something.

>>58444001
>Lets see how much money these retards will make end of year.
Protip: it's not Chainlink Labs making money off CCIP transactions, it's the nodes.
>>
>>58444038
>Aave has been using CCIP since last summer.
not true. maybe on testnet, and for gho. read their v4 proposal retard.
all the fuddies in this thread make me so excited. last time the fud ramped up we broke out a bit. keep up the crusade losers
>>
File: 1689585590102090.png (169 KB, 1081x576)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>58444078
>>
>>58444088
this never went live and the cross chain liquidity layer is far beyond this
>t. aave voter and user
>>
File: 1704946263871999.png (10 KB, 324x220)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>58444091
CCIP was part of "governance v3", which was voted and implemented.
Here are the reports for proposals voted with governance v3: https://github.com/aave-dao/aave-proposals-reports
>>
>>58444099
nothingburger
>poolygon
>roachchain
no wonder i didnt notice
>>
>>58444109
Cross-chain governance applies to all chains supported by Aave, tardboi.
>>
>year after year of fud
>the project is dead!
>Chainlink keeps going from strength to strength
>Noooo this is it this time! it's over, i tell you!
yawn
>>
I just saw someone send 1 token of something from Eth mainnet to somewhere else and it cost 7 link tokens lfmao. Is Eth's fee problem going to make us rich???
>>
>>58444117
post evidence so we can discuss it
>>
>>58444112
https://docs.aave.com/governance/master/aave-governance-v3
wrong again!
>The Governance V3 activation enables Polygon POS, Avalanche C-Chain, and Ethereum Mainnet (backup) as initial voting networks.
>>
>>58444125
You have no idea what a "voting network" is.
Governance V2 was already a "cross-chain governance", but the only "voting network" was Ethereum mainnet, and you could vote with non-ETH tokens.
You have no clue what you're talking about.

This is the second time you've shown yourself to be completely wrong.
>>
>>58444118
I didnt screenshot it. I did one from the other day where the fee was 3 link. Irrelevant - go watch the ticker you'll see some - when they're going to or from Eth mainnet
>>
>>58444143
simply post a link to transaction, not screenshot. why is this difficult for you?
>>
>>58444143
also, love how it just went from 7 down to 3 kek. what next, 1? 0.1? 0.001?
>>
>>58444038
>>AAVE said they're not launching their CCIP thing for at least 2-3 years from now
i never saw that and think you;re lying. so does the other guy post link or shut up
>>
>Aave V4's release is slated for halfway through 2025. The upgrade's rollout forms part of a broader initiative called Aave 2030, which aims to dramatically overhaul the protocol’s look and feel in equal measure by 2030
https://www.theblock.co/post/292056/aave-v4-governance-proposal-aave-labs

why do anons >>58444038 lie so much about Link? almost as though they didn't want you to buy it. Lie after lie after lie
>>
>>58444181
>>58444189
Either you fucked up twice by quoting me, or you have the reading comprehension of a shrimp.
>>
>>58444177
Because I dont know where it is in the chain you have to go look through it now on the CCIP explorer. just go look for it yourself or dont believe me why would I lie about such a thing?
>>58444179
doesnt it just depend on Eth's congestion level?
>>
>>58444201
>why would I lie about such a thing?
If it's so simple, post it. Seems to be proving difficult for you. I wonder why.
>>
>>58443805
>slowly then all at once, retard
you're a new fag who is going to be bag holding this.
>>
>>58444551
people who are enthusiastic about chainlink are almost universally old fags because they're the ones who made a bunch of money on it by buying for cents. only newfags hate link because they're the ones down on their investments.
>>
File: IMG_0733.jpg (92 KB, 235x378)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>58444602
>replying sincerely to someone who writes “new fag” and “bag holding”
>>
File: 1705084791281470.jpg (88 KB, 873x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>58444139
heres your final (you) of the thread, enjoy
>>
>>58444602
confirmed newfag. "og's" are not happy with the progress of the project.
t. bought on binance in 17
>>
>>58444669
i bought in 2017 and am happy with the progress. It's possible I'm the only one, however I don't think so. In fact, i think you're either lying or deluded. Either way, you're full of shit.
>>
>>58445342
there is no way you have been baghodling this piece of shit this whole time and are happy with progress you lying sack of shit. Give me some link lore from back then
>>
File: file.png (106 KB, 2090x757)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>58443713
>CCIP is dying
its literally a week old but ok fuddie
>>
>>58445647
Agreed, bro is full of shit. Can't believe after all this time we only have an ETH/USD price feed. It is what it is.
>>
>>58445647
>>58445689
>checks pool
Sorry fellas. There's not much else i can suggest except keep trying. You never know your luck ;)
>>
>>58445689
>>58444669
im happy with the progress (all crumbs with swift are confirmed and surpassed) but dissatisfied with the price. but that is what investing is all about, price does not equal value
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 1105x252)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>58447524
Im in the pool shithead. This is only one of my wallets.
>>
>>58447532
>im happy with the progress
>but dissatisfied with the price
This.
>>
>>58447643
>he gives money away for free with out expecting any return
>>
>>58447651
Link should've been in the top 3 based purely on the things it's done so far.
Believing otherwise is retarded knowing the sea of dreck ranked between Link and rank 3.
>>
>>58447602
>44 Link kek no wonder he's fudding. Needs to get that stack up! State of some noobs
>>
>>58443713
cross posting my post from >>58448771

so I went to a sirgay talk recently a few weeks ago, was left honestly bullish

sirgay was the most grounded hes been + finally I got to see some new slides. but what you are saying about expecting more from crypto is 100% on the dot.

he even said he thinks without TradFi utilizing the blockchain / crypto in general, cryptos total market cap could only reach max like $10T. But he was saying in his view and from the discussions hes been having with various entities like Swift (he mentioned again hes been working with them for over 7 years) and that they are all in as well as he mentioned a Swift alternative but im forgetting its name that they are working with too. Maybe it was Nium? Anyways he showed a bunch of different bank adoption examples such as the ANZ Bank Carbon credit blockchain system and how they are testing out the CCIP infra using that atm before expanding to other mechanisms as well as a few others.

He actually also specifically said that in the past when he would talk to banks/institutions, he wouldn't really be talking to the right folk. But nowadays these banks have Digital Asset teams / managers etc and so his whole point was these folk are motivated to get things adopted and implemented since there is pressure from higher up. And if they dont, their jobs are on the line.

All in all i still think its a ways away adoption wise but i did leave the talk fairly optimistic and bullish. he said every year he says its the year, but then they reach november and he says okay maybe next year is the year kek. he feels confident though they own the infra/plumbing stack though for the future of finance

>t. 2017 50k link oldfag
>>
>>58449224
also want to mention his point about the banks is they all are keen on adopting it, and said they obviously do like the efficiency gains and potential to have larger margins on some assets they offer, but eod digital asset teams at these banks / Fish are motivated to get things done sooner rather than later just because they are afraid they wont have jobs if they dont
>>
>>58449224
also want to add two other things:

he thinks if TradFI gets their shit setup and theres a lot of cross activity happening between public chains and private chains which he expects / they also expect, crypto mcap will explode. but without it, $10T is the peak

and that from their discussions and working with all these folk, it does seem live an inevitably. the question is less if, but moreso when. and called out regulatory environments / inaction by people like the SEC and Congress from providing proper clarity as a factor for slowing down adoption today. said regulatory environmental clarity in Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE, and forgetting the last place is whats driving the ecosystem forward atm and their hope is itll help shape US policy on the matter so banks can jump in. US wont sit on the sidelines if the rest of the world is going into it, you can best believe that

banks/FI's* is what i meant to write
>>
>>58443713
>>
Does the token that uses the Chainlink CCIP/Transporter app have different tickers (sometimes interoperability protocols have different tickers for UX and security reasons)? If they haven't I think they should start doing BD with DAOs stablecoins providers such as Maker, AAVE or even Ethena and lending market dApps. Quite worrisome because their main competitor GMP/Interop such as Axelar has unmatched BD.
Forget about Solana, the ecosystem that has the best liquidity rn because they will never have light clients (one thing that makes interoperability completely safe) because they didn't have any root hash in their block header (that's why people calling solana just a bunch of servers that running databases that verify each other).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.