[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe-ride-dog.gif (90 KB, 640x640)
90 KB
90 KB GIF
Do dogs enjoy being pets? I'm not talking about shit owners that leave them in crates or outside all day and barely interact with them. I mean even with good owners. Do they enjoy living in a house with humans, only going outside to run around in a park or the woods weekly? Do they get enough stimulation to be happy even with the best owners? Sure they wag their tail when they see you and cuddle with them, but is it just stockholm syndrome? Is it good enough to just cuddle, walk and spend time with them?
>>
>>4780958
dogs self domesticated 40,000 years ago and no longer form stable packs with other dogs. the only stable bonds they form are with humans. dog packs are fission/fusion. their ancestors mated for life, dogs mate temporarily and their only permanent bonds are with people.

as far as dog cognition goes this is liking beings pets. they are emotionally drawn to us and prefer our company. also, as a species of apex predators we cant actually hunt for shit and initially just scavenged. neanderthals probably went extinct because the humans arriving had dogs that acted as their eyes, ears, and noses on hunts which resulted in human populations going way up and neanderthals finding themselves short on game animals.
>>
>>4780967
So any dog that doesn't have a human that is nice to him/her is categorically unhappy?
>>
>>4780971
Yes. They actively seek out human companionship.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 530x440)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
File: image.png (169 KB, 338x298)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>
>>4780958
Stockholm syndrome aint real.
>>
File: train.jpg (1.64 MB, 2736x2715)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>4780958
>only going outside to run around in a park or the woods weekly?
I traveled a lot with my dog. They can be trained to go with you into the store and trains and stuff.
>>
>>4780967
>initially just scavenged
Isn’t it more complex like than that? We scavenged sure but it wasn’t our main method of getting by iirc
>neanderthals probably went extinct because the humans arriving had dogs that acted as their eyes
Pretty sure they went extinct because they were gradually bred out
>>
>>4780958
Yes. We are quite literally their lifeline and they are one of the few domesticated animals to be actively aware of it
>>
File: file.png (506 KB, 800x602)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>4780973
>all those stray dogs that kept following me when I was a kid and I thought they just wanted a snack
>>
>>4780958
this .gif is not graphically interchanging

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.