[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4chan.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Today I've got a warning from /lit/, saying that I've made a post against their rules.

I'm sure that it was not my post, because I don't post there, also I don't post about bullshit.

Does anybody know if mods can mistake among users and give warnings to wrong users?
>>
>>31206283
>the cunny post in /lit/ wasn't meeeeee
>>
>>31206283
There's an anon living in your cupboards using your wifi
>>
>retard learns about IP addresses
>>
You should have a serious talk with your mother. Please tell her to stop shitting up /sffg/.
>>
Cell phone users get an ip address from their cell provider. The provider controls a block of addresses, and each time your phone internet turns on, youre leasing an ip address. when your phone internet is off for a few minutes, that ip address goes back to the pool and then to another user eventually
>>
>>31206283
You're a phoneposter. Lurk moar. AT&T is garbage. There are no users on 4chan, there is only anonymous.
>>
>>31206704
I'm not a cell phone user.
>>
>>31206707
I'm posting from computer.
>>
>>31206795
Homosexual detected
Stop using discord FAGGOT
>>
>>31206283
>>31206789
>>31206795
Phone posting is the most common reason your IP address changes. If you're on a PC, when your router receives a non-static DHCP assigned IP address from your ISP there is a pre-defined time limit built into the assignment, this time limit is called a DHCP Lease. The typical lease time for ISP’s in the United States is roughly 7 days. However in most instances your router will renegotiate this lease prior to its expiration. During the lease renegotiation, it is very common for the same IP to be reassigned to your router.

>Does anybody know if mods can mistake among users and give warnings to wrong users?
Never seen it happen. Just a few blanket warnings and bans for off topic acknowledgement of fuckery.
Mistaken warnings across boards seems deeply unlikely.

Also, it's a fucking warning.
>>
It happens all the time because the IP you're using was blocked in the past for various reasons. Also you need to lurk moar and 18 to post
>>
>>31206877
>>31206795
Could be in an apartment or hotel on shared public wifi too. Or some nat going on if not being a phoneposting faggot. Or perhaps the computer is on a mobile hotspot.
>>
>>31206902
Yes, my modem is working as mobile cell hotspot. It's not wired to phone company.
>>
>>31206934
So you are still a phoneposting faggot
>phone company
Are you in the 3rd world? Who the fuck uses DSL these days other than rural areas?
>>
>>31206789
All T-Mobile customers, I think. Maybe iPad only. Happens to me. Sometimes I’m racist about something I didn’t do.
>>
the other day I got a warning and thought it was because of cunny but it was only me fishing for these numbers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.