[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GM3pKkOWYAA3snM.jpg (113 KB, 666x680)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
good evening advice bros

I want to make some good kino art and from what I've seen good art needs some form of insanity to go along with it but unfortunately I was raised in a sheltered environment so I am afraid of experiencing things and truly delving into the caverns of my mind spirit and soul.

slurs and suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
>>
hello

weird people make interesting art
tragic people make good art
sad people can make good art
insane people can make good art

the key of interesting art seems to be bringing into the normal world something from a place of great emotion, etc. normies and people on anti depressants just cant do it

good artists basically live in their unique world
>>
>>31205586
just spend twenty years getting horribly abused and you'll be right there
but you should know that the world really doesn't need that kind of "art"
>>
>>31205586
It's not that mental illness creates great art, it's that art genetics usually come with mental illness.
If you are not a good artist now, it's unlikely it will ever happen.
>>
File: 20240508_142303.jpg (1.06 MB, 3264x2448)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>31205586
Maybe if you want to be one of those prissy "abstract" artists with no actual appeal to speak of.

Good art requires dedicated practice and a willingness to create. Sit down and draw, and keep drawing until you're good.
There's no need for a troubled mind. On the contrary many of the most skilled artists lived simple, humble lives just as any other of us
>>
Just make art bro.
>>
Don’t fall for the tortured artist meme; that’s just a modern romanticisation of mental illness. All you need for art is passion, discipline and dedication. Who’s the better artist, Chris Chan or Johann Sebastian Bach? Surely it must be the mentally ill one?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.