[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 32412412.jpg (9 KB, 275x183)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I'm a woman and I've never had one. Since my mid 20s I started noticing that come across the same types:
>shit talk men or boyfriends while trying to attract and seduce them (I cannot fathom that as I'm in a loving relationship. I noticed this even with older married women)
>into or have achieved motherhood and all they talk about is kids and food (I don't have kids yet and I'm not interested in talking about them all day)
>autistic weebos terminally online so cannot hang out with them or into anime and figurines that I've grown past
My colleagues are okish but they're feminists and lgbt and it's impossible to spend 1hr with them without them bringing up oppression, gays, mental illness or the like.

I've been duped into the idea of "sisterhood" but where do you find a female friend who won't try to bring you down mentally or emotionally, who you can hang out with, have 1-2 interests in common and enrich your life? I have one long distance childhood friend and cannot related to her either. She is a fat mother now but she's the type to say "dump him" at any minor inconvenience with your partner and it's just wrong influence.

I long for a female friend though, never had a good woman influence in my life. I keep seeing it in movies but it seems too good to be true and I'm already in my 30s, should I just give up now?
>>
>>31205290
Sorry if you’re genuine, but this is really shallow. It even sounds like a dude wrote it. Literally all of your complaints are because you’re so closed off. I guarantee you everyone you meet cannot be categorized with a snap of your fingers.
>>
>>31205306
Obviously but this has just been my limited experience, hence I wrote that "I came across the same types". Maybe I attract them for some reason or hang in the wrong crowds (I'm introverted so I don't normally partake in social events unless forced to).
>>
>>31205290
Depends on the woman. Yes there are those types of women but mostly these conversations are very surface level for female friendships. Moreover, every woman has had issues with men. And because of this, as a woman, thats a safe conversation to talk about since its so widely known untill you gain their trust then you get their lifes philosophy and true opinons. Also if your looking for childless female friends its going to be hard since 30s are kinda the family time of life for most average people. And the people that arent in the category of either left wing, lgbt or someone that honesty just doesnt care about traditional social norms. If your a woman like you say you are, you, yourself, fall into this bracket whether you like it or not as someone who does have kids at 30. So have some grace when talking to people as theyre in basic setting until you put more effort in.
>>
>>31205290
Your bf’s friends’ gfs/wives.
If your bf picks his friends wisely, their gfs should be more aligned with your personality and attitudes.
>>
>>31205290
> I long for a female friend though
Well there is your answer whether it is worth it or not.
You are looking for a "coincidence of wants" though. Some one who can get along with you just as you can get along with them. That is likely to be someone with similar predilections to yourself. The more you take your own preferences into a social setting the more likely you are to run into someone like this.
>>
>>31205441
This, I got female friends as a man by being friend with my brother and best friend's girlfriends.
>>31205290
Church and religious women are different, another take on things, other subjects,...
I noticed women can be friend with others on the opposite side of the spectrum politically, in religion and morally. Seems very shallow
>>
read fujo manga
>>
>>31205290
I'm in my 30s I believe it's possible but be cautious if you're a normalfag or semi normalfag
>>
>>31205290
I want a friend. Would you be friends with a woman in her 30s who likes gardening, reading and outdoorsy stuff? Fair warning I have kids but I’d honestly prefer not to talk about them with you. I have plenty of mom friends who really only have that in common with me.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.