[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: how to.jpg (10 KB, 294x172)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
where's a good place to take a girl out on a first date? there's this girl i know and i need to think of a place to take her out when i ask her out otherwise i'll kinda look like an idiot if i have nothing planned. what's a nice place that's not too much (as in doesn't put too much pressure on either of us) also should i hug her at the end of the date?
>>
F19, Anon (addressing end first) don’t try to set a goal for yourself, most of the time it comes off as awkward or imposing due to not understanding social cues (I’ve made the same mistake). Just bond over what you both enjoy.
For dates, I presume you have a strong connection to her because of some shared interest. Maximize on that as long as you’re sure it’s not one sided. She’ll probably want to meet you in a neutral public place for a first date, so if you have any “third places” near you those are great. If she’s really receptive, maybe offer a few different options with varying levels of privacy (do not invite her to your home) so it’s casual.
>>
>>31205267
Bowling dates can be really fun and memorable. With the hug just see how things go, if you both have a good time then you can and should go for a hug.
>>
>>31205282
>because of some strong intrest
that's true. she goes out of her way to approach me and seeks me out (but to be fair i'm really bad at recognizing signs, although a few people have said it seems obvious she seems interested in me, i dunno)
>neutral public place
that's what i was thinking, either that or some kind of coffee date, this was probably along the lines of what i was thinking .
>casual
yeah i kinda just want to take thinks causal, i really like this girl so i don't want to come on too strong
>>31205284
>bowling date
this seems like a good idea too, not too intimate but not so public that it becomes boring, casual but memorable. sounds like a great idea. i have fears i might be seen as childish for suggesting it but i don't see why she wouldn't like it
>>
>>31205282
Why not invite her to his home (for example to watch a movie) as one of the options? Worked for me.
>>
>>31205267
> where's a good place to take a girl out on a first date?
1. It should be cheap. You will spend most of your time dating women on 1st or 2nd dates.
2. You are paying probably, and dating sucks donkey balls anyway so pick something that you enjoy doing. You are inviting her into your life so it helps if it is broadly in line with your interests.
>>
that's always the question. I strongly suggest NOT going to cheap places, including 'dive' bars. The worst thing during a first date is having one or more intoxicated men coming up and fucking with you or her
>>
>>31205382
>>31205380
yeah i'd definitely not do that. both her and myself aren't really bar type people, she's more of a conservative type girl so decent places are best
>you're paying
eh it is what it is, the way i see it is worst case scenario i'll get some time out of the house and pay for a decent time with someone
>always pick something you'll enjoy
true, makes sense if i'm paying, that being said i'm just thinking of something that would make sense for two people i guess
>>31205377
>invite her home
i feel like i've got a much better chance doing something away from home than inviting her home, that's the feeling i get from her, kinda too fast too soon
>>
>>31205377
What I recommend: ask her if she'd like to watch a movie. Then ask if she wants to go to the cinema, or your / her place.
>>
>>31205284
>>31205313
I’m gonna say no to the bowling date. I took a girl there in my second date after a good first date. When you bowl, you go back and forth getting up and sitting down with both parties sitting alone for a couple minutes while the other bowls. It made conversation kinda difficult. After that date she said she wasn’t feeling it. Part of me feels if the second date had gone better things might be different but alas
>>
Not OP, but what kind of dates do girls into anime, gaming, and cosplay like? I go on a bunch of dates, but usually it’s all serious business and not as much about shared interests. How do I nail this?
>>
>>31205267
Dinner and bowling was my go to first date plan. But if she's not dressed for bowling, change it up a bit and include her in the fun making portion of the date. Keep it simple, and fun
>go for the kiss
>>
>>31205267
Brewery. Get a beer, bring your dog, figure shit out. You'll know if there's chemistry by the end of beer #1

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.