[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1678325182027100.jpg (318 KB, 1200x2761)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
I'm about to start work for the small town I live in. My employer did not give me much info into the type of work I'd be doing other than mowing, weeding, and some office stuff. I was planning on just wearing tshits, jeans, and my slip on sketchers. Should I wear something else? Should I also get another pair of shoes for the job, like runners or workers shoes? What should I wear to this type of work?
>>
>>31205083
He did not say anything about a specific dress code.
>>
Definitely invest in some higher quality work construction boots that you like. Also break them in a day before and youll be thanking yourself the next day and 5 years down the line when you can still wear them be comfortable and safe.
>>
Get shoes after your first day on the job.
I'm guessing your employer isn't compensating you for additional gear and you need to know exactly what you need to be comfortable on the job
>>
>>31205387
>>31205398
Thanks. Honestly I had a feeling I needed something specific but my employer never indicated anything like that to me, plus he implied the work would be stuff like mowing and not anything particularly dangerous for my feet.
>>
>>31206352
If you show up in boots they'll assume you're there to actually work, if you show up in some trendy gay sneakers or something they'll think you don't know shit
>>
>>31206517
Sketchers aren't trendy gay shoes, they're regular shoes. There's literally nothing wrong with wearing sketchers to cut grass.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.