[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kojiro.jpg (488 KB, 972x676)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
about a month ago i started going blind in my right eye (from an injury, boring stuff and not the point).
when i told my gf, she was totally supportive. "go to a doctor, i'm sure they can fix it" etc. the doctors basically told me i'd just go blind in that eye and there would be no way to avoid it. when i told my gf this she broke up with me instantly. just said she didn't want to be with me, whatever.
im over it (i think) but im just kinda left scared to date now. is me being partially blind unattractive to women? will they just see me as a burden?
i thought it'd be better if maybe i could find someone who was also partially blind or just blind so we could relate, but i dont know where i can find someone like that.
i guess the two things im asking is 'is blindness generally perceived to be unattractive' and 'where can i find someone else blind who will understand me'?
>>
>>31204896
Although I'm not blind anon, I feel deeply sad for your situation.
Your ex is immature, a untrustful person and at most pathetic, whatever her reason may be from ''I don't want to have to take care of a partially blind person'' to ''blind gives me the ick'' don't ever attempt to burden it on yourself or your eye.

As far as I know, the most you'll get from having 1 blind eye is generally a interesting fact/story about you, something unique only to you, even if not a positive factor in life. I may be wrong so hopefully other anons can offer you more insight.
>>
Do you look good with an eyepatch, OP?
>>
that sucks. sorry your ex is a shithead
you don't have to seek out someone with the same disability to find understanding, just find a good person
my gf's deaf in one ear and it doesn't phase me at all, i just try to sit on her good side whenever i can :)
you're not broken, buddy
>>
File: PR30081_BZ_1024x1024.jpg (18 KB, 510x768)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I can barely walk with these mobility aids when I'm not home, have a kidney transplant and on disability (for now while trying to get back to work in IT)

Have been seeing an empathetic and caring woman since last November. There are limitations to what we can do, but she enjoys chilling at home 90% of the time anyway and would rather play vidya together than go out all the time. Although we do go places sometimes.

It took a LOT of rejection but I eventually found her, she accepted me for my qualities and faults and have been going steady.
>>
>>31204896
will your vision impairment prevent you from driving?
>>
This is a pretty common thing, especially if its just a dating situation. People dont want to get tied down to someone with serious issues if theyre only dating (usually. sometimes there is real love and it doesnt matter).

But you gotta let it go. Same thing happened when I went bald. I wasn't broken up with because I wasnt dating anyone, but the attention from women went away.

Its just how most people are.
>>
>>31204896
wait what??????? that's so fucked. you're not even blind from both eyes, though even if that was the case it would still be fucked
>>
>>31204896
>im over it (i think) but im just kinda left scared to date now. is me being partially blind unattractive to women? will they just see me as a burden?
Not really, she's just retarded t b h. I doubt there's even any difference from her perspective.
Also be careful with injuries to the eyes jeez!
>>
>>31204896
lol wtf, it's not like you were disfigured or anything. anyways, consider it a blessing, imagine if you committed to her and something happened to you later in life? maybe you can filter for better people out there too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.