[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DFkg3HVW0AE3oFt.jpg (56 KB, 612x612)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
My girlfriend is anorexic and the thinner she gets the more I don't like it. There's something upsetting or worrying about her only eating like 800-1000 cals when she's like 98~ lbs at 5'2". Maybe I'm wrong, I just personally don't like it. She doesn't talk about it much with me but she posts about it on her little social media account and it always feels kind of neurotic or just unhealthy the way she talks about everything as if she's obese. She genuinely thinks she's fat when she's already so thin and at times it's even a little annoying. She has also made it clear that her goal is something like picrel (not exact but essentially very thin) and to be honest I would find her less attractive if she got like that. Her eating disorder makes me worry about her and feels like something that's in the way of better things. She also slipped up and mentioned she's eating so little she might start not having her period, which made me feel almost sick for some reason when she casually said it. I don't know if I'm being retarded or selfish for this opinion but I want her to recover and drop all of the extreme anorexic stuff, but I don't know how I would approach it without her just disregarding my thoughts or getting mad or something.
>>
>>31204738
Better that than a fat whale
>>
>>31204738
98 at 5'2" isn't anorexic
>>
>>31204738
>My girlfriend is anorexic and I'm not doing shit to help her improve her mental health
that's what I read.

>Maybe I'm wrong
>I don't know if I'm being retarded or selfish for this opinion
dude, she is MENTALLY ILL. people who are ill can't take reasonable decisions.
tell her to stop it. talk to her parent and tell them what's she's going through, and take her to the psychiatrist as soon as possible.
>>
>>31204817
btw, I'm no psychologist or anything, so consult one before taking her to a psychiatrist.
but I'm being serious here. she won't do anything about her mental illness, you, her parents or whoever is in charge of her need to FORCE her visit a therapist.
>>
Being worried about her health is not being selfish
But you can't do this alone
Print out the social media confessions
Make an appointment with your doctor for a physical (for yourself, to avoid suspicion)
Take the posts in and confide your fears with your doctor
Then buckle up because it might get bumpy

She might think you're an asshole forever but it's better than what unchecked anorexia can do to a person
>>
>>31204738
recovering from anorexia is extremely difficult. I can’t relate personally, but i’ve had friends who struggled with it themselves, and have personally struggled under the weight of a superthin expectation of a woman. Here goes.

Firstly, it sounds like she’s externalizing some of it through social media. This is where you should be the most concerned instead of force feeding her. It’s very necessary to pull her out of the rabbithole, even if nobody in there is supporting her.
Secondly, don’t try to bring up expectations of body image or food. Try to share experiences with her. Your best bet is low impact exercise probably, get you and her involved in two player light games like pickleball or something.
Next, try to open up the idea of therapy. Obviously she does need counseling, if she can’t repair it herself and it’s been this long.
Next it might be possible to take her with you to the gym for light exercise. I assume she’s been making her own meals as a way to regulate herself. Try cooking more often, if possible. Don’t push for heavy meats, just take away the option of calorie counting or measuring everything she does, that’s a pretty significant step on its own.
After that things will lighten up, and you’ll understand how to help her. Remember, the answer isn’t light pushes, it’s (metaphorically) opening the door for her. This will take a lot of time, so don’t set a goal. Appreciate the small things but absolutely do not try to grand reveal some sort of being her savior thing. Most of it will be small things, and I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Important note though: it’s very easy to slip into a different coping mechanism like bulimia (doesn’t always mean throwing up, purging could be heavy exercise) so make sure to research and understand her condition and similar ones. And lastly lots of love of course <3
>>
>>31204738
Tube feed her milkshakes in her sleep
>>
>>31204738
>humble brag thread.
OP, I've fucked a girl who was 4'8" 87 pounds.
picked her up the whole time.
>>
>>31204738
I’ve been anorexic for 8 years now and recently started recovering
If you want to make her eat I’d recommend drinks since it’s easier to start there. Smoothies, juice or boba that’s popular nowadays.

For mental issues she needs a therapist she can talk with, depending on their character mention it to her or parents.

It’s nice to care about her but it shouldn’t get to be a huge mental load on you.
If things get depressing or toxic (which often happens when there’s eating disorders) just leave for your own good
>>
>>31204770
It's too skinny but not much too skinny
>>
>>31204738
Tell her proper bmi for 5'2 is 101 to 136 lbs and she would be sexy like that
>>
>>31206402
This. Fuck off OP
>>
>>>>31204738
in my experience its very rarely social media or societies expectation, but related to some violence, trauma, stuff like that.
and if you are more therapist than bf, then this will hurt your relationship.
She needs professional help, its a proper addiction. it is an illness and you are not a doctor.
I would not mess around, as she is delusional, as if its no big deal losing her period. so anything you will say or do will be watered down as not a big deal.
forget the fuss about doing excercises together, dont get her another idea for an addiction to thin her down.
If you are serious, set her an ulimatum: go to a doctor or thats it with our relationship.
It sounds cruel, but you would be naive not to.
>>
>>31204817
i made my girlfriend anorexic by shaming her for being a fat sow so no way i am going to tell her to stop

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.