[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1484117429028.gif (1.87 MB, 750x750)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
I try to bond with my coworkers, people outside of work, etc. but struggle to form friendships. I am afraid to ask any women out. Its like I'm missing key social skills. No one at work goes out of their way to really socialize with me either, I know I'm kinda boring and we have some divergent interests but its like I'm shadow banned irl. Maybe I have autism, maybe I'm just retarded, but why can't I make close friends? I don't even know what the process is like. I know its not my hygiene, and I know its not because I'm a negative or mean person when I'm usually very nice/kind I just struggle. Anyone else go through this and/or have any advice. I am 26 btw, work full time make good money but just rotate between work, home, and the gym.
>>
Pls help me be social, I have no problem being alone, entertaining myself, doing things, etc. but want to get out there and experience more
>>
What kind of socializing are you interested in? If you want to meet people and build a friend circle then I've heard volunteering can help
>>
>shadow banned irl
Greatest thing I have read on adv

Dont have advice for you unfortunately. I have only lost friendships for past 6 years
>>
>>31204152
That's kind of what I'm looking for. I have considered volunteering but going one place doesn't address the other issues I'm having, namely bonding with people once around them. What's the process like for making friends and exchanging contact info?
>>
Try finding a church community, they're generally very open and some of the most vibrant communities are very tight-knit.

Also consider doing a sport. Most commercial gyms are filled with people who dont really even want to be there let alone socialize. If you like weight lifting try cross-fit, strongman, or olympic weightlifting. The gyms for those disciplines tend to be more focused on competition and as as result real communities form. If thats not for you maybe try a league sport, a lot of places offer adult leagues (golf, soccer, tennis, etc). You just need to stick with it.
>>
>>31201667
Good album
Didn't read what you wrote, but good album
>>
Bonding takes two, don’t forget. Try opening up and being more vulnerable, people’s reactions might surprise you.
>>
>>31205045
How do without sounding gay or desperate?
>>
>>31204970
I've been meaning to go to church but haven't gone yet, need to find one. I've been putting it off for no good reason and for years along with many other things I should be doing like reading the Bible more and praying more often.
>>
>>31204976
Whats the name
>>
>>31205045
good advice. other people tend to have insecurity and everything else you do
>>
>>31204422
I've never tried, so I can't help much with the details. I had a friend volunteer for a political party here. My sister also volunteers for an after-school program for inner city kids and shiet. She met people from different backgrounds. They all go out for drinks afterwards.
>>
>>31205045
How much does one open up without sounding depressed, gay, or desperate?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.