[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0254.jpg (386 KB, 828x544)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
Im 20 and I live with my parents, I have planned multiple international trips over the last couple years and every time i bring it up to my parents they have a giant meltdown. They dont want me to travel alone and say they need to come with me (they never will anyway). They go “well what if a war breaks out in that area while youre there? (places where theres almost a 0% chance of this) they have full panic attacks and forbid me from leaving, which has always made me feel guilty and ruinedthe thought of travelling anywhere for me so i end up cancelling my plans. I want to plan a trip again this summer and Im close to just saying fuck your guys feelings im going anyway. Is this a good idea? or is there any way to convince them its not so scary to go on a vacation? I live in a small town in an isolated area of the world where i dont have any friends to travel with, all my friends are international that I met online and have known for years.
>>
You're an adult, the decision is purely yours. Do the right thing and follow your will, your parents won't be buried with you, your children maybe. Look at the future, don't be a small town jim-jim because of parents.

t. parents have meltdowns when I talk about how I am going to move as far as possible and erase any relations to the place and family I was born in.
>>
Very similar situation except I'm broke
>>
>>31201646
It's good that they say this if you're a girl, but bad if you are a guy.
>>
I think I just buy my tickets and tell them im going no matter what they say. To not feel so guilty Ill do a lot of research for them about crime rates, geopolitics, illnesses, or other things they worry about.
>>
>>31201646
1. Are you a woman?
2. Are you travelling somewhere stupid (Morocco, India etc)?
If you answered yes to both questions, it probably makes sense that they don't want you travelling alone.
>>
>>31201931
A woman and countries i wanted to go to were USA (Hawaii), Australia, Luxembourg. Im a cautious person and I dont have any doubts about my ability to function alone
>>
>>31202003
Wow. Certainly the geopolitical climate of Hawaii will result in war soon.

I bet all of those places have a lower crime rate than your home. Hell, all are giant tourist destinations and are basically built to accommodate you.
>>
>>31202003
Yeah I don't see what they're so worried about. I traveled the Continental US for months by myself and only got in to a couple of sketchy situations that were easy to get out of. You do have to be more careful as a woman and consider more things. Like don't do stupid shit like getting out of your car to pee at 2 am at an isolated rest stop with only one other car at it.
>>
>>31201646
do you have the money? if so, you don't need anyone's permission to go out of your house.
do you live with your parents? keep in mind they could make "rules" for their "hospitality".
do you wanted them to finance you? ask for money (if you have the moral will to do so), if they don't want to, don't whine and get another way of financing
>>
>>31201931
India isn't dangerous though
It smells, it's unhygienic but if you're male it's as safe as an American city
>>
>>31202587
I have my own job and money unfortunately im not a neet. Its like a guilt trip when they make a big deal and blame me for their anxiety so thats what holds me back.
>>
Here's an angel. He'll shut anyone up who stops you from getting the best from God. Just don't be an idiot and start compromising. We don't talk like that by accident.
>>
>>31202050
to be fair you never know, the yakuza could make a violent comeback in Hawaii
>>
>>31202003
Yeah you should honestly just go. Your parents are being overprotective and it's not good for either of you. Those are safe countries.
>>
>>31204528
Unlikely, the yakuza are mostly korean these days
>>
>>31201646
Bait
>>
>>31201646
just another
>my mommy and daddy won't let me do stuff
frog retard thread. One can only hope it's really mentally ill troll anon since I see similar threads multiple times
>>
>>31201854
this holy shit
if you're a girl you're fucking stupid and you won't be safe on your own
if you're a guy just leave without telling them
>>
>>31207523
>>31201646
>>31207478
sound like that faggot, spread the word!
archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/2622702/
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/90856047/#90864547
>>
get a boyfriend lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.