[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you deal with extreme and obsessive death anxiety? I think about the death of myself and others every minute of the day pretty much.

I get that its better to die, because if you were immortal you could get stuck under a pile of rocks for eternity and being alive would get extremely boring after a while. I fear the pain of death, and the afterlife or lacktherof. Sometimes I wonder if the afterlife isn't anything like heaven or hell but more like a maze of confusion like being stuck in a confusing dream forever.
>>
>>31200381
I think the same things. I think human connection is important. Other anons will have better answers for you I just wanted to say I feel the same bro.
>>
>>31200381
Everyone you will ever know will die and have to go through the same process. Billions of people have died through human history. There's nothing you can do short of some kind of insane advancement I'm science that reaches you before it reaches the elites. This world is hell anyway, why would you want to stay in it forever?
>>
>>31200381
I have this same problem and Idk how to deal with it. I had a near death experience and saw hell ten years ago, and it was really fucking horrifying. I turned to Christ.

Ultimately I think we have OCD though, and thats really at its core whats causing the obsessive fear thoughts about it. One I figured that, my death anxiety got much better because I just say I dont need the thoughts.
>>
>>31200381
Read Herartwood by Barbara Becker & It’s ok to die by Monica Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk14R4A_p9w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDeMbojj8-E
>>
>>31201245
Thank you brother. I will pray for you as well.
>>
Bump
>>
Bumping
>>
>>31200381
>I fear the pain of death
Death itself isn't painful. It's being made to let go of something you might not be ready to let go of.
Painful causes of death are unpleasant and yeah, we try to avoid those.

>the afterlife or lacktherof.
I have a strong belief that the afterlife exists. Not only because of first hand experiences with mediums that lack plausible alternative explanation. But also because my mother told me so.
The significance of this being that she did so through a double blind method after her death.
The gist of the message was that Lost and Lily Dale weren't far off.

My personal take on it is that you can only with you what you have built up within you in your life.

>a maze of confusion like being stuck in a confusing dream forever.
I suspect it's actually far less confusing than life. Life confuses you with mundane bullshit. It's part of the elaborate magic trick convincing a bundle of energy that it is individual matter. The ocean rises up and creates a wave. Then the wave settles back into the ocean. The wave's time existing within the world can never be erased. That which has been created can never be uncreated.

Relax and figure out your life and make the most of it. Carry with the best of things and let go of the worst. When the ride ends, be grateful for the experience rather than clinging on for more.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.