[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1256.jpg (420 KB, 1284x1284)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
I was wrongfully terminated from a major defense contractor recently due to “failing” a performance improvement plan. The problem is this is bullshit, and I have testimonies and evidence from others saying this was really the result of disability discrimination. Right now, the company owes me about $10k they refuse to pay, and they want me to pay back money per a relocation agreement (since I “left” the company).

The thing is…they didn’t make me sign an NDA before leaving. I know some information that would be incredibly damaging if told to the Feds and press. Also, I have a lawyer rn willing to work for free to sue them, so they’d have that issue. Is it possible for me to just say “hey, if you hand me the $10k you owe me, I’ll sign an NDA and not sue or report discrimination to the government”? To me, this seems like good leverage—especially for a defense contractor in a VERY tightly regulated industry.
>>
What disability do you have?
>>
>>31198571
im black
>>
>>31198571
The kind of diagnosed mental condition an engineer who likes trains working at a defense contractor would have.
>>
>>31198579
kek
>>
>>31198564
In a world where airlines casually kill their former employees in public I wouldn't do that. Can't you just sue them?
>>
>>31198676
I am, but I’m also considering the leverage I might have.
>>
Ask your lawyer, not a Mexican corn harvesting forum.
>>
>>31198716
I am, but I’d also prefer to do this without spending thousands on a lawyer.
>>
>>31198812
But you said you have a lawyer willing to work for free?
>>
>>31198564
Ask em
>>
>>31198564
You have no leg to stand on, get over it. You are just wasting your time and energy.
>>
>>31198564
get legal wheels in motion and contact a solicitor do not say anything which incriminates yourself once you can say
>you'll be hearing from my lawyer unless we settle this
people usually back down they just need their bluff calling
if you do mention an nda don't outright say "i'm going to tell the world your secrets bwhahahahac
>>
>> I have a lawyer

This is a conversation to have with them and not the internet. Blackmail is a crime btw.
>>
>>31199113
No
>>
>>31198564
Is this the Seth Star
>>
>>31198579
So you’re the guy that’s causing all these Boeing doors to fall off.
>>
>>31203503
Exact opposite
>>
>>31199241
Thank you—I’ve contacted a lawyer, and we’re working out things before filing a suit.
>>
>>31198564
If you threaten to lean restricted information, that can land you in jail, retard. Leaking business information that you didn’t sign an NDA for might give you more leeway, but honestly, a corporation has the legal resources to fuck you over if they want, even without good grounds. Talk to a lawyer before you do anything stupid.
>>
>>31204604
Good point
I’ll also talk to my union official. I’m willing to negotiate a settlement in exchange for not sueing + signing an NDA.
>>
Try out this A.I lawyer here. Just don't put sensitive specific information obviously. Just put in the question and wait 5 minutes. Also, take it with a grain of salt too.

https://www.askailawyer.com/
>>
>>31200269
get over it, find a new job
>>
>>31205526
Talk to a lawyer and have them write a demand letter for you instead. They'll be much more receptive to this because it shows a willingness and ability to seek litigation.
>>
>>31198564
No. You let your lawyer say that shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.