[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000887.jpg (92 KB, 651x765)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
I have a friend with young children and during a conversation we had he brought up that he was concerned about the fluoride in children's toothpaste.
I figured I'd just throw the question out here to see if anyone had any information regarding that or suggestions for other toothpastes for children. Anything would be helpful, thanks.
>>
>>31197317
Baking soda is fine.

But worrying about fluoride is tinfoil hat goofy.
>>
>>31197349
Yeah I agree but I told him I'd ask around anyway. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>31197317
lemon juice will kill bacteria in the mouth. remember not to rinse to give it the most time to do its thing. good luck anon.
>>
>>31197422
Appreciate the input.
>>
100% oxygen levels are fatal, and yet at the 2% concentration in air is vital to survival. It isn't the substance, it's the concentration
>>
>>31197317
Also hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. That's more for old dudes tho.
>>
>>31197422

Lemon juice is citric acid. That will destroy all the enamal and cause teeth to rot out of your head.
>>
>>31197458
Lol let them have their fun
>>
>>31197317
Fluoride free charcoal toothpaste.
>>
>>31197521
Hilarious, thanks for the effort.
>>
>>31197317
You aren't supposed to swallow toothpaste.
>>
>>31197317
My sister was worried about that and only gave her kids the health food store toothpaste and half their teeth rotted out. If you're going to do that then the kids basically can't eat carbs or they'll have fucked up teeth. The only non-flouride toothpastes that might work are the ones that contain Hydroxyapatite, but even that works better if you use it with fluoride too.
>>
Just swirl coconut oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes every day if you're such a paranoid, flat-earth, brainlet.
>>
0.243% floride. 0.243%

Wtf are you talking about
>>
himalayas toothpastes.I just kinda like their taste, there are like millions of fluoride free toothpaste brands if it bothers you so much. why is this even a question

>>31198161
bruh children are supposed to lose their teeth at around 10 years of age.

>>31197422
very bad recommendation. citric acid is the main thing that causes teeth decay, even moreso than sugar.
>>
>>31197430
You're a fucking retard who shouldn't have kids. Just use baking soda and stop believing people on the internet, you're gonna ruin your kids' lives.
>>31197446
Unbelievably braindead. Probably from that 2% oxygen you're breathing in your methane-filled basement. You can breathe 100% oxygen til the cows come home. Also, oxygen concentration is roughly 20%, dumbass. You'd just choke if it was 2%.
>>31198378
Children's teeth are supposed to fall out, not rot
>>
Whats a good alternative to salt, it seems it can be extremely dangerous??
>>
File: IMG_1092.jpg (140 KB, 900x900)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>31197317
This hippie soap. Or chew sugar free gum.
>>
>>31197766
Fluoride should not even be put in the mouth.
>>
nanohydroxyapatite is a flouride alternative, you can get it from toothpaste on amazon under the name apaguard imported from Japan, also some Canadian toothpaste has it. it was briefly sold in the US but the FDA banned it since it was making health claims with out being tested by them, Even though it's commonly used in many countries. the toothpaste companies decided it was not worth spending the money to apply for approval.
>>
>>31197317
Here is something they don't tell you about proper oral hygiene.

You have bacteria. Bacteria is responsible for keeping it clean. There. That is the fucking secret. Bacteria is what munches on fibers and other things, and the "good" bacteria shits out things that help your teeth.

I seldom use tooth paste. I just brush with the bristles to scrape off any layer of build up, then do a rinse with minerals and oils, and lastly a xylitol rinse. Why xylitol? Promotes good bacteria. You're welcome.
>>
>>31197349
fluoride kills your teeth but go ahead and consoom your shitty snake oil toothpaste
>>
File: 1703768324854490.png (280 KB, 640x471)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>31197317
It calcifies your pineal gland. This means your children will never escape Samsara.
>>
>>31197317
Fluoride is safe at no more than 4mg a day for adult men, and children 2mg. 1mg is preferable.

You won’t get that from toothpaste and water his kids will be fine.
>>
>>31197317
Mix baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a little bit of salt and stir it in a dixi cup. Get a wood brush with the flat light briselss and use hot water to wet it. Then put globs of the paste you made on to your teeth and lightly move the brush in a circle motion lifting the brush off to move to the other parts of the mouth. You don't wanna scrape the teeth by drag brushing. Also make sure to floss first. Do that once a day and you'll be fine. I've been doing it for a year.
>>
>>31199837
I've seen retarded takes on fluoride. But this one is extra retarded.
>>
>>31202074
Everything about fluoride is retarded.
>>
>>31199817
>I have disgusting greasy teeth
>>
>>31198638

You can not breath 100% oxygen, it always has to be cut with something or it becomes toxic. Oxygen in air is 21%. Typos happen.
>>
>>31197317
just brush DRY
>>
>>31197317
retarded fucking answers in this thread.
the truth is that children's toothpaste is a literal non-issue when it comes to fluoride. "adult" toothpaste on the other hand, has WAY more fluoride than children's toothpaste, which causes actual problems.
drink unfluoridated water, use children's toothpaste. this way you get the small bit of fluoride you need for your teeth (which, note, is being applied to the teeth rather than consumed directly) and not any more than that, since any more fluoride than that has various side effects like fucking up your teeth further, damaging your brain, etc.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.